Best player requesting transfer despite me winning league like I promised....

Hi,

I am managing Ajax and Daley Blind said he wanted to move to a bigger club, so I said I aim to win trophies. He asked which Trophy so I said we will win the league this season.

I have just won the league but he has put in a transfer request stating that I failed to deliver my promise.

How is this?

Mine do a similar thing sometimes, where they ask to play more games (with 2 games to go!!) or they claim I broke their promise re more playing time (ummm, international break then you were injured for 2 weeks!!!!!). Fustrating, but I think just let it go a few weeks and he'll recognise you won something

This was also broken in FM13. You're basically promising the player the club's reputation will increase, even though that's not what it says.

There's a simple workaround, though: Reject his request, then promise him something else. Or even promise him the same thing again. Usually he'll say OK, then complain again in a year or so, then you do it again. As long as you can afford to keep him under contract, you can keep doing this indefinitely.

Oh Daley, how could you?!?! I had exactly the same thing happen to me at Ajax with Ricardo Van Rhijn to the point where I had to sell him to PSG as his morale remained 'abysmal' for six months and just had one lackluster, mistake laden game after another.

Meh, once a player wants to leave I don't see the point in begging them to stay.. The claims of a broken promise are annoying, but I'd read into it as though he just wants to leave regardless.

I ended up selling him in the end, he was doing my head in haha. Got £11 Million for him, I wanted more but no one would pay more. Hopefully the rest of the squad won't do this.

I've managed to replace him with Matic on a season long loan from Chelsea with an option to buy him but I don't think i'll buy him. I'd rather concentrate on youth from the academy.

I had something similar too with the manager's promise. My reserve goalie came to me in March and said he want to leave because i don't play him enough. I told him that I will sell him in the next transfer windows (logically, since the transfer windows shut alraedy).

Then came May when the season finished. He came up and demand to be on transfer list because I have lied to him. Ok, I am not so mad about requesting to be put on the transfer list, since that's what I was planning to do. But, damnit, I didn't lied! There were no transfer windows open during that few months! Kinda mad that he called me a liar :D

Happens to me all the time as well. Right now playing as Man Utd and Januzaj got mad when I rejected an offer from Barcelona. I told him we can win the Champions League and he said "ok, but if we don't I'm off". We won the league and was in the Champions League final when he told me I hadn't lived up to his expectations and requested a transfer. I told him to **** off and we went on to beat Barcleona (the team he so desire to join) in the ECL final. He's got 3 years left on his contract. If they want him they can give me £100M or more in pure cash or forget about it. :p Last season I had a similar situation with Rafael. He went completely mental though and started missing training sessions, so when Monaco offered £40M straight up I took it.

Annoying bug, but I find if you're just firm about it and ignore their moaning it'll pass eventually. At least most of the time.

Yeah i had a similar one with Lovren. Came to me at the end of the season to say he wanted to leave, promised him we would qualify for Europa league at the end of the following season, he came back after the summer break and asked to leave as i had broken the promise, kinda hard to qualify for Europe having played no games of the season, but he didnt see it that way, was promptly sold and replaced.

Shame because the promises worked in previous versions of FM14.

I had this happen, but instead of a transfer request, it was a refusal to sign a new contract. Star striker, Darren Lavery (now holds the season records for goals and is a club legend) wouldn't sign a new contract because I didn't fulfill my promises. I guaranteed promotion, won it, but his contract was up before the season ticked over. He left for Wrexham (I am Berwick) and two seasons later we are up in the SPL, while he barely plays for Wrexham.

• 4 months later...

Archived