The Wales road to Euro 2016 thread - featuring the best British midfielder (and Gareth Bale)

chopra_hill

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Absolute ****ing joke :D

Not 1 ticket between us despite 6 of us who have been to various away games over the last 3 years and every home game.

A lad I know hasn't missed an away game in 3 years and didn't get a ticket :D a guy on my fb who's been to home games got all 3, how the **** is that fair?

Absolutely gutted tbh. 9k odd for Slovakia, I thought we'd get one or two.

Spent £800 on everything so far but considering longing it off, don't think I can bear being there and spending a further 1.5-2k over 2 weeks.

Gutted

Out of interest Chops - When you applied, which category did you go for & did you select to go for the categories either side?

I went for the second cheapest category then put in that i'd accept tickets for the categories either side of it to give me a better chance of having a ticket for the games.

Did all of that. Road to 1/4s and accepted the other category's.

I now have a theory that I think may be true. I'm convinced they've done it on a first come first served basis. Looking at when people from work applied and all got tickets to the coincidence of all us applying with 3-4 days left and not getting a thing between 12 applications.

If that is what has happened then it's an absolute disgrace after FAW released a statement saying it doesn't matter when you apply.

I applied quite late and got in

Keep an eye on resales and swaps and spares on forums etc chops, reckon you could still be sorted

Think it's going to be like golddust and barely go on the ccmb any more.

That Ben Dudley guy didn't get one either :D every away game the last campaign. What a shambles.

They wonder why we don't have any fans when we're doing ****? **** them.

Unfortunately limit of numbers meant people would always miss out. But can definitely understand how gutted you must be when you've got six of you all applying for two tickets each and none of you had got any. Am sure you anticipated a few of you getting some, hell i thought I'd be less likely than you with only applying for the two tickets!

Bigger issue for me is still the pitifully low number of tickets that the supporters of the countries get.

It's the people who've got tickets what's annoyed me. People on my Facebook who've barely been to more than the odd home game and they've got all 3. It's a disgrace.

All the **** with Cardiff over the last few years and now this. Close to having had enough with football all together.

The FAW have put this on their website:

http://www.faw.org.uk/news/UEFA-EURO-2016-TICKETS/102700/

UEFA have also replied to the Northern Irish FA with this statement:

https://twitter.com/gmeneely/status/697106369829335040/photo/1

So it's possible that the same may have happened to Welsh fans & that they may have reserve tickets that haven't been freed up yet that could be reallocated?

20 points and not one ticket, tough to take when people are posting on twitter how they got all 3 with 6-7 points.

Enjoyed the FAW statement which ended with the number to Uefa's hotline, shamelessly washing their hands of anything :D good to see FAI chief exec taking it to the top though, hope they all get in :thup:

Still gutted and don't think I can bring myself to be in France when it's all going off if I don't have a ticket.

Therefore if nothing comes through tickets wise in the next two months which is highly unlikely then should have some accommodation going cheap in Bordeaux, Lille and Toulouse if any of you want it if you're still not sorted by then.

Chops, i will send you a PM in a bit. Stay strong.

How have UEFA managed to balls this up then? Basically tried to combine levels of loyalty points with different price categories as well? So you end up with some people who have fewer points but they get tickets if they have applied for less popular category tickets?

Reading on the englandfans board it has been suggested that our FA worked out our allocation manually. "Sell these three tickets to Joe Bloggs, these two to John Smith" etc. And gave UEFA that level of detail. Whereas the Welsh and NI FA just provided UEFA with everybody's loyalty points and it fell apart when they then tried to overlay this with different price bands. Don't know if this is true or not but it sounds feasible.

Back in the day UEFA would just give a chunk of tickets to each FA and leave the FAs to get on with it however they felt fit best with their particular members scheme. Now UEFA want yet another pound of flesh by centralising the tickets sales for everybody and creaming off everybody's card fees.

Yeah, Look at the Final for example.

If they sell out of the conditional tickets for every team no matter how likely that side is to progress. That would be nearly 1.5m tickets sold, all bar 1200 would be refunded. The amount of interest they'll be creaming off that before the refunds would be a nice little profit for them.

Chops, i will send you a PM in a bit. Stay strong.

How have UEFA managed to balls this up then? Basically tried to combine levels of loyalty points with different price categories as well? So you end up with some people who have fewer points but they get tickets if they have applied for less popular category tickets?

Reading on the englandfans board it has been suggested that our FA worked out our allocation manually. "Sell these three tickets to Joe Bloggs, these two to John Smith" etc. And gave UEFA that level of detail. Whereas the Welsh and NI FA just provided UEFA with everybody's loyalty points and it fell apart when they then tried to overlay this with different price bands. Don't know if this is true or not but it sounds feasible.

Back in the day UEFA would just give a chunk of tickets to each FA and leave the FAs to get on with it however they felt fit best with their particular members scheme. Now UEFA want yet another pound of flesh by centralising the tickets sales for everybody and creaming off everybody's card fees.

Thanks mate.

Yeah, what you say has happened has effectively happened I think. 20 points and zilch yet sat next to someone in work today who has 2 tickets for each game after amassing six points. Then saying how his other mates who have applied have all got them ranging between 6-10 points and a couple of his friends are just going with their 'second' ticket for the crack out in France and don't actually like football :D mad system tbh.

So effectively (simplifying it here):

Expensive category

Reasonable category

Cheap category

Cheapest Category

What they did:

1) Fill each category first based on who applied specifically for that tier, using the points system

2) Backfill the above or below category if people had selected it, using the points system.

What they should have done:

1) allocate tickets in preferred category until full, based on points.

2) reallocate those who didn't get tickets in the initial allocation on their above or below category, front filled ahead of those that have lower points than them.

3) reallocate those that dropped out because of front filling to the above or below categories if room after adjustments.

4) If top or bottom category aren't filled - check with those with most points that picked the opposite "above/below" option if they'd accept the highest/lowest tier instead

That about right?

Not being funny but if someone has invested thousands of pounds in home games and away trips, it's reasonable to assume that while they might have a preferred price category they would choose paying more for top category tickets over not going at all.

Unforgiveable to let people lower down the order queue jump just because they happened to tick a different price box at the initial application stage.

Say what you like about our FA but at least they are experienced managing situations like this where demand massively exceeds supply.

I will leave my moaning now as I don't want to start any arguments or anything but have felt the need to vent as am pretty gutted. I don't think anything's unreasonable that I've said and I'll admit that I feel hard done by hearing the stories of people I do and don't know who have somehow got tickets yet didn't go once before this campaign and haven't even gone to half the home games this campaign.

Just hope it contributes to a packed out CCS for the next however many years but we'll have to wait and see.

Edit - plus it's only Gregg and Penge that got tickets in here so obviously it wouldn't be aimed at them anyway, who both go regularly.

Not being funny but if someone has invested thousands of pounds in home games and away trips, it's reasonable to assume that while they might have a preferred price category they would choose paying more for top category tickets over not going at all.

Unforgiveable to let people lower down the order queue jump just because they happened to tick a different price box at the initial application stage.

Say what you like about our FA but at least they are experienced managing situations like this where demand massively exceeds supply.

Why should it matter who goes to more games? Make the tickets first come, first serve and be done with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Flights booked now for the Slovakia game.

Flying into Bilbao on the Wednesday, then out on the Monday.

2 Return tickets, one hold back between us & pre-booked seats with Easyjet, £74 Each. Not bad at all tbh.

Just need to plan how to get from Bilbao to Bordeaux now & accommodation when we get there.

A few options for travel including, train, bus, hiring a car & ride sharing.

We'll stay in Bilbao on the Wednesday, then just need somewhere in Bordeaux from the Thursday night to the Monday morning. Think we've found something, just got to figure it out or see if we can get somewhere cheaper, which not sure we'll do tbh.

I'm not sure what's just happened but I've just received an email from the Uefa ticketing team (same email address as all previous correspondence) telling me to log in and see what's available for me to buy. Limited tickets apparently on a first come first serve basis.

I've just done it and it's let me buy 2 tickets to all three group games. I've no idea if this is legit as not seen anything mentioned so as close to buzzing as I am, I am also very apprehensive.

It cost 345 euros for 6 and the money's been taken off my credit card. Everything checks out in terms of hyperlinks etc but it seems utterly random?!? None of my mates and the account in my other name I applied for have received an email.

I either have a ticket to all 3 games or I am about to be fleeced for 5 grand on my credit card :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh yeah Wales really need another goalscoring player in their team. None of the strikers seem to be quite able to cut it and rely on Bale for a lot of the goals. That should be a part of Wales's long term development though because you'd hope that the money gained from being at the Euros will go into furthering youth development for young Welsh players.

Think it's fine. Take the most influential of attacking players out of any side like ours and we'd struggle.

Not getting wound up, we're there. Going to just enjoy it. Roll on France :thup:

Should leave Simon Church at home btw, he is dreadful.

Vokes, Bale, HRK and take a risk with someone like Bradshaw.

My starting 11 V Slovakia atm

WH

Gunter

Williams

Chester

Collins

Davies

Allen

Ramsey

Huws

HRK

Bale

ledley was excellent in qualifying and has done nothing to be dropped, agree with the rest although i think he may play davies in the back 3 and taylor at wing back

not seen anything of bradshaw but he looked ok in that 20 minutes, wish he had the whole game although i think we all know cookie is taking church regardless

ledley was excellent in qualifying and has done nothing to be dropped, agree with the rest although i think he may play davies in the back 3 and taylor at wing back

not seen anything of bradshaw but he looked ok in that 20 minutes, wish he had the whole game although i think we all know cookie is taking church regardless

I agree and if the first game was against England then I'd have put Ledley in ahead of Huws. But I do like Huws, and think he'll offer more in an attacking element against Slovakia than super joe.

yeah i can see that, really like huws - looks like he could be the main man in the next generation of the team

so the 23 then

i think coleman certainties are

hennessey, ward, ofw

williams, chester, collins, davies, gunter, taylor, richards,

ramsey, allen, ledley, king, j williams, g williams, huws

bale, hrk, vokes, church

that leaves 2 spots, i think edwards or vaughan takes 1 of them - coleman may take both of them, and we probably need another defender. adam matthews ?

i think tom lawrence just takes the last spot for me

suspect i've forgotten someone important :D

Did you just forget Cottrell as he has to be in there for me. I'd personally leave George Williams out and take a midfield 8 of Ramsey, Allen, Ledley, King, J Williams, Huws, Cottrell and one other.

I'd be happy with either Edwards/Vaughan as the last choice midfielder, both decent enough and in the grand scheme of things it shouldn't hopefully matter too much which one of them goes, presuming there isn't a mass injury pile up.

I'd probably take Dummett as the 8th defender as he can play across the back four so in a worst case scenario we shouldn't end up with a lb/rb playing cb and we'll also have gunter/richards and taylor/davies for lb. (plus ledley as an emergency)

Archived