SRL88

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SANT-ANDREU_zps02a2dd62.jpg

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - Pre-Season - 2015/16

Friendlies

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zps04deef18.png

A brilliant season pre-season which is something we really needed. We had a nice tour of Andorra which resulted in six wins from six with just two goals conceded. Pre-season did round off with defeat, although that was against Granada.

Transfers - In

Ivan Rubio - Free - After a solid season on loan with us last season and his contract up it was obvious that I was going to bring him in permanently.

Andrea Ludwig - Free - Was brilliant on loan so it was a must-do deal.

Asdrubal - Loan - A cracking little winger who should be effective at this level.

Erdal Ozturk - Loan - After a successful loan from Hoffenheim last season I returned back to the club for another and picked up a solid attacking midfielder here.

Alex Bernal - Free - A superb free transfer and hopefully one of those players who will help us to the next level.

Cristian Ramirez - Loan - A good little back-up to have at the club. At least fills a spot we had empty.

Jannis Pellowski - Loan - Much like above. We needed to bring in a back-up goalkeeper so I brought this lad in for the season.

Jona - Loan - Taking advantage of our link with Granada once again. Will hopefully score his fair share of goals.

Transfers - Out

A decent little summer for us in terms of sales. We made some good money for a club like ourselves. The three sales were players who had moaned at some point last season so I cashed in on them. A couple of players left at the end of their contracts while we free'd up wages on a loan deal too.

Brilliantly written story, which I must admit, inspired me, especially the challenge, style and format.

I hope you won't mind !:cool:

Why thank you for the kind words :). I don't mind at all.

Probably not a bad thing to have another season in that division in all honesty as it gives you a year to improve your side.

I agree completely. I am glad we didn't go up in truth.

Excellent first season in Liga Adelante :thup:

Cheers dude :thup:.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - August 2015

Liga Adelante

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zpse0060abc.png

LigaAdelante_OverviewStages_zpsbde45191.png

A mixed start to the season which see's us sat in mid-table after three league games.

The Alcorcon tie was really tight with very little in it but they scored when we were having our best spell in the game. The goal didn't effect us too much though as we kept pushing and finally found the equaliser with four minutes left on the clock. We put in a cracking performance against Oviedo, especially in the second half. Two goals in eight minutes had us in complete control. Oviedo pushed for a route back into the game but that allowed us to start picking them off on the counter attack and with a couple of minutes remaining we did that to make it 3-0. We put in a great shift away to Ponferradina and after falling a goal down we managed to go in at the break level. Either side could have won the game in the second half with a couple of good chances each, but the game looked destined for a draw, only for them to score in the 90th minute to deny us a hard earned point.

Transfers - In

The Rest of the Business

Andrea Esposito - Free - We were in need of a centre back and I managed to find a solid player here to give us a bit more solidity.

Liridon Vocaj - Loan - A versatile player which will help massively. I needed a right back and a holding midfielder so I managed to cover both areas with one signing here.

A fairly uninspiring start to the season, but it's early days and you have a few new players to blend in. I'm expecting Esposito to be a good signing for you.

Nothing worth shouting about, but it's only three games into the season. Plenty of time left.

A fine effort last season, despite the playoff defeat :thup:

Cheers fella :thup:.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - September 2015

Liga Adelante

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zps1543e45b.png

LigaAdelante_OverviewStages_zps6097c68f.png

A decent month for the club, but it could and should have been better.

We were leading by a single goal against Numancia, but almost as quick as we conceded the equaliser we had retaken the lead and looked completely in control. We should have seen the game through as we weren't troubled much, but conceded in the 90th minute to deny us the three points. We completely dominated the entire game against Leganes but had to wait until the 49th minute to take the lead and even though we never had an effort at goal to defend we couldn't seal the game until injury time. We travelled to Murcia who were top of the league at the time and I knew we wouldn't be able to play our possession game of football so I looked to hit them on the counter and it worked a treat. We started slowly but managed to find our feet in the game and scored just past the half hour mark. We had the better of the second half and a lucky free-kick which swung in past everyone and into the back of the net gave us a massive three points. After taking the lead against Gimnastic, added with them falling down to ten men we looked in complete control of the game, but our inability to seal the win came back to bite us late on as we conceded an equaliser.

Copa del Rey 2nd Round

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-2_zps901e76bb.png

This was a very poor performance from a much changed side and we never stood a chance. I was massively disappointed with our display.

Bit of a better month there though the 2 you drew I would have expected you to win those considering how good you are at the game :D

Haha cheers, I think :D.

Just read through this and thoroughly enjoying it. Good luck knocking Barcelona off thier perch.

Why thank you kind Sir :).

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - October 2015

Liga Adelante

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zps313e8039.png

LigaAdelante_OverviewStages_zps6d258895.png

We definitely haven't hit top gear yet this season, but we're plodding along and have still only suffered one defeat thus far.

We pulled off a fantastic result against Deportivo thanks to an excellent display. When Xavi Jimenez sent us two goals up we were looking comfortable but with twenty minutes remaining we conceded to lead for a nervy finish. It didn't matter too much though as we scored a third to give us the two goal advantage once again and give us an excellent three points. Two 1-1 draws on the trot followed before a hard fought 1-0 win away to Hospitalet. The Valladolid game was very cagey with very little action as the defences won the day for both sides in a goalless draw.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - November 2015

Liga Adelante

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-2_zps92b9eb7e.png

LigaAdelante_OverviewStages-2_zps1d98846b.png

A solid, yet unspectacular month, but we keep plugging away and picking up results. It was also a fantastic month defensively as it allowed the club to set a new defensive record.

There isn't much to mention really in terms of performances, because they were all very similar. We weren't at our best at any time throughout November but a brilliant defence and all-round solid displays allowed us to pick up three 1-0 wins during the month. We also managed to pick up a hard earned point away to Alaves.

Doing brilliantly so far,hopefully you can keep the pressure on the top two.

Cheers fella :thup:.

Cleansheets!!! :D

Doing really well. Keep this up, (especially the defending), and who knows what the season will bring.

Haha yes. They are nice to be keeping, but I wish we were more effective going forward.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - December 2015

Liga Adelante

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-3_zps273f555a.png

LigaAdelante_OverviewStages-3_zpsceb9947d.png

We head into the winter break in a solid position and six points off the automatic promotion places.

In the Celta game we were in control of the game with two goals in three minutes to give us a two goal lead. We did concede just before the break which meant for a nervy second half. We didn't help ourselves though because as the half went on the side just sat further and further off and allowed them to put more pressure on us, and it finally told in the final few minutes as we conceded to deny us the win. I was hardly surprised with the result against Zaragoza, but we gave it a go. We did level the game up in the 43rd minute, but instantly conceded to go in at the break a goal down. We conceded a further two goals in the second half before pulling a goal back, and did have chances to get back into the game further but couldn't take them. The result against Hercules flattered us a little but I was thrilled with the win. All four goals came in the second half and after going two goals up I was delighted that we looked to have sealed the game, but added a further two goals in stoppage time to give us a four goal win.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - January 2016

Liga Adelante

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zpsa6fbc49c.png

LigaAdelante_OverviewStages_zpsd037dee5.png

A very good month for us which on reflection looks even better considering how tough our three away fixtures were.

We kicked off the new year with a poor performance against leaders Tenerife. We never got into the game and struggled to make any impact as they breezed to the win. A much improved performance followed though as we hit Albacete for five. Coasting at 3-0 at half-time, the result never looked in doubt. The final eight minutes were fun though, with a further four goals being scored in a 5-2 scoreline. We put in a solid display against Alcorcon and a quick start gave us the base for the win. We found ourselves two goals up through an own-goal and Dominique Malonga. There were chances at both ends throughout the remainder of the game, but mainly from distance. We sealed the game late on with a third goal from a corner for a well-earned three points. A massive win followed on the road against Oviedo thanks to a late goal. We were second best throughout but held firm at the back before scoring the only goal of the game for a big three points. We rounded the month off with a very good point away to Numancia, made even better that we came from a goal down, and after a poor first half display to grab it.

Transfers - In

Junior Tallo - £44k - A bargain deal and a solid player. Given the injury to Miguel Herlein, we needed a new striker and I was delighted to pick this fella up. He hasn't started too badly with two goals from one start and two substitute appearances.

Marko Pjaca - £49k - Another bargain signing for us. Given that a lot of our wide players are ageing or on loan I was pleased to bring in a permanent signing. Good enough already, but his best years are ahead of him.

Charles N'Zogbia - Loan - A huge name for a club like ourselves. Brought in till the end of the season and should do a good job until then.

Massive signing in N'Zogbia :thup: You're doing well, gutted to see Miguel Herlein out for 8- 10 months :(

Agree on all parts :D. Could really have done without the Herlein injury, but Tallo seems to have started well enough.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - February 2016

Liga Adelante

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zps95b9ca68.png

LigaAdelante_OverviewStages_zps19742a5f.png

A very stuttering month which was frustrating to say the least as it was littered with too many draws.

We were unbelievably shocking against Ponferradina and how we got a point I will never know. Considering the positioning of both clubs it should have been one way traffic to our benefit, but it just wasn't as they battered us. I was delighted with a point in the end, but extremely angry with the players afterwards. We improved for the Murcia game, but the result didn't change in a very tight affair between two evenly matched sides. We finally got a win in the month away to Leganes. We were the better side against them but it took a while for us to break them down, and even then it came from the penalty spot. That allowed us to pick them off as they opened up more and we added a further two goals in a comfortable 3-0 win. The month rounded off with a very annoying draw in a game we dominated, but couldn't seal the game which came back to bite us late on.

2015/16 Youth Intake

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox_zps97b9669c.png

UESantAndreuYouthCandidates_SquadPlayers_zpsdafb6db1.png

It's that time of year again, and in truth we don't have anything really worth shouting about. I honestly believe that will be the case until the club starts investing more money, something they are refusing to do thus far.

Jordi Esteve

Oscar

Not the best of intakes :(

Anyway, youre making good progress and I wish you good luck for the future :)

Definitely not.

We are having a cracking season though, and we have never really hit top gear at all.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - March 2016

Liga Adelante

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-2_zps8b12195e.png

LigaAdelante_OverviewStages-2_zps00cd928e.png

As is the story this season, March was a month where we never got going at all really but remained unbeaten throughout and picked up a couple of wins. A thunderous free-kick from Charles N'Zogbia, his first goal for the club gave us a slender win in a very tight game against Elche. We were ever so close to picking up a fantastic victory over a giant side in the form of Deportivo. We were brilliant all game long and a well worked goal gave us the lead. Our defence was fantastic but after making a couple of late tactical changes, a mistake was made from a long ball and Deportivo scored in injury time to deny us. It was a very similar story against Las Palmes as an early goal gave us a 1-0 lead and it remained that way for much of the game before they scored an equalising goal. The month rounded off with another single goal scoreline from our part, but this time we managed to grind our way through the game for a 1-0 win.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - April 2016

Liga Adelante

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zps023aa5c0.png

LigaAdelante_OverviewStages_zps5c4a0ef9.png

What an absolutely fantastic month as we head into the final five games of the season.

We pulled off a fantastic victory away to Valladolid thanks to a hard fought performance. We fell behind early on in the game but didn't allow that to bother us and battled our way back to go in at the break level. Less than ten minutes into the second half we were in front thanks to a fantastic strike by Andreas Ludwig. The remainder of the game was nervy for me as we were forced to hang on, but we did exactly that for a brilliant three points. We followed that up with a comfortable display at home to Mirandes. An early goal had us in control, but like a lot of our games this season we couldn't find that second until late in the game before we added a further two goals to seal things. Our worst display of the month came away to Girona, but a goal in each half ensured we came away with the win. The game against Alaves was a tale of the penalties. They missed one in the first half before we took the lead through one in the second. With twenty minutes remaining however, we conceded another penalty which earned our opponents a point. The month rounded off with a great performance away to Xerez with Junior Tallo shining as he scored a hat-trick on the way to a 4-0 romp.

We couldn't ask for a much tougher end to the season, and we will have to be at our very best during the remaining five games if we are to seal promotion. Our run in is Celta (a), Zaragoza (h), Hercules (a), Albacete (a), Tenerife (h).

Excellent month there, good luck with the final push :thup:
Great to see you right up there, looking forward to the next update!
So close to the promised land of Liga BBVA,hopefully you can succeed in your one last push!

Cheers for the comments lads. We're nearly there. I can smell it :D.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - May & June 2016

Liga Adelante

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zpsf0f3a1d0.png

LigaAdelante_OverviewStages_zps6e515530.png

What a remarkable end to the campaign. Not only did we seal promotion, but we did so in style on the final day by clinching the title.

We started May with a defeat against one of our promotion rivals. We were level in the game, but weren't helped at all when we fell down to ten men which led to Celta scoring the only goal of the game. We bounced back from that defeat though with an excellent performance and result at home to Zaragoza. We did all of the hard work in the first half and comfortably saw out the second half to give us a solid win. An even better performance followed that up as we travelled to Hercules. An early goal put us in control and gave us something to hang onto as we sat deep and his our opponents on the counter attack. A second goal was added before the break, and just before the hour mark we made it 3-0. We continued our fine form away to Albacete where a brilliant first half display had us 4-0 up and sitting comfortable. Albacete did pull one back early in the second half, and had some good chances to pull another goal back but we hung on during their most dominant spell. They did finally add a second, but it was too late to cause us any problems. The season rounded off with a title deciding game at home to Tenerife, where we managed to battle our way to victory with a very resolute performance to give us a 2-1 win.

brilliant story so far mate. Congrats on making the big league.
Congrats pal :)
Fantastic run to the finish!
Brilliant season' date=' not than any of us doubted you. :thup:[/quote']

Cheers lads. Much appreciated :).

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - Season Review - 2015/16

Liga Adelante

Results (Aug - Dec) - Results (Jan - Jun)

League Performance: 1st - Promoted as Champions

After the excellence of last season where we reached the Play-Off's, we managed to better that by gaining promotion this season, but we did it as Champions. I was even more delighted with promotion because I didn't think we really hit top gear at any point during the season in all fairness. We just seemed to plod through the vast majority of games and grind out results. The first half of the season was really about us trying to stick with others because we couldn't get going at all. After Christmas we improved massively in terms of performances, but we also added goals as well which helped a lot. We had a fantastic run to the end of the season which really started with our single goal victory over Hospitalet. We sealed promotion with a game to spare, and won the title on the final day against Tenerife.

Copa del Rey

Competition Performance: Knocked out in 2nd Round

A very poor performance which led to an early exit.

Squad

I can't fault the squad at all. What we achieved is fantastic and every one of them deserves credit for that. We do however need to strengthen, massively.

Transfers - Finances

As always with us, there was plenty of activity in both directions.

The finances are looking great, and will now surely only get better.

Player of the Season

1st - Xavi Jimenez - A sentimental choice really. He has been brilliant throughout my time at the club, and this season was no different. At 37 years of age, he is now going to retire, but will stay on at the club as a coach.

2nd - Andrea Esposito - A superb signing at the start of the season. He was an ever-present, and the only game he missed was the first game of the season when he wasn't at the club. Every reliable and formed a formidable partnership with Dani Torres which was never broken.

3rd - Andrea Ludwig - Another player with an excellent season. I could have had these three in any order really, they were that good. Ludwig rounds off the list after a high-scoring season and chipping in with assists.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season | League | League Position | Copa del Rey | Copa RFEF | Notes |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2013/14 | Segunda Div. B3 | 3rd | Second Round | First Round | Promoted via Play-Off's |
| 2014/15 | Liga Adelante | 5th | Third Round | - | Play-Off Semi-Final |
| 2015/16 | Liga Adelante | 1st | Second Round | - | Promoted as Champions |[/Code]

[center][size=3][b]Next Season[/b][/size]

Survival!!![/center]

Archived