Make It Easier To Take Your Former Back Room Staff To a New Club

Would definitely be a good addition to the interview process where you could ask the club to take your assistant manager atleast with you to the club and then they could come back with you with the contract negotiations saying if they were willing to get them or not or if they were able to get them or not.

• 1 year later...

Sounds good... I like the idea as part of the hiring process, perhaps a list of those willing to come and a list of those who are not interested. You can select similar to a check box from the list of those who are willing to come and have agreed terms. The others, you would have to offer as per any other backroom staff member.

Even better would be I guess to be able to "team up" with some staff members and when signing a new contract, inform the chairman that they will be coming with you. Also realistic, since it happens a lot irl too.

Yeah good idea, in one of my saves Tottenham had sacked about 5/6 managers (no real shock there) but the ass man was same as at the start, actually all the other staff were, that is very unrealistic anyway.

This is a great idea that really should be implemented in a future FM.

We also need to see more managers bringing in their own backroom staff when they take a new job. In real life, Mark Hughes is always joined by Mark Bowen, Eddie Niedzwiecki and Glyn Hodges whenever he moves clubs.

FM is not great in this respect. To borrow an example from my FM13 save, Southampton have had several English managers since Mauricio Pochettino left, yet Jesús Pérez has always remained as assistant manager. That is very surprising, considering how close Pérez is to Pochettino.

Sounds good... I like the idea as part of the hiring process, perhaps a list of those willing to come and a list of those who are not interested. You can select similar to a check box from the list of those who are willing to come and have agreed terms. The others, you would have to offer as per any other backroom staff member.

And this is exactly what I've been thinking.

FM is not great in this respect. To borrow an example from my FM13 save, Southampton have had several English managers since Mauricio Pochettino left, yet Jesús Pérez has always remained as assistant manager. That is very surprising, considering how close Pérez is to Pochettino.

That is exactly what happens at Spurs now.

What do you mean by that?

That in FM15 if/when Mauricio Pochettino leaves or is sacked Jesús Pérez has remained as assistant manager at Spurs.

Archived