Insert Interesting Name Here - Tomtuck's Second FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get in Yak!! If only your defending was as impressive :D that said you're winning kevin keegan style so doesn't matter too much so far

It's just what happens when playing 4-4-2 - you leave space for the opposition at times. As I climb the footballing ladder my formation and style of play will evolve, but right now it's jut about getting points on the board.

Cracking start. I'm yet to find a defensively sound tactic. Not at the lower levels anyway. Was involved in an 8-5 yesterday. Look forward to more updates.

I'd hand in my resignation if we had a game like that! In all honesty alot of the defending is probably down ME issues as much as anything else, so I'm hopeful that when the patch comes I'll bre winning 1-0 on a regular basis! :D

So far so good, Tom.

Feed the Yak and he will score!

This is very true. Delightfully surprised by him.

I'd hand in my resignation if we had a game like that! In all honesty alot of the defending is probably down ME issues as much as anything else, so I'm hopeful that when the patch comes I'll bre winning 1-0 on a regular basis! :D

This is very true. Delightfully surprised by him.

It crossed my mind, but I couldn't believe what was unfolding. It was crazy. Both teams had forgotten how to defend. At times my three man defence were in a vertical line up the pitch!

Can only get better...

It crossed my mind, but I couldn't believe what was unfolding. It was crazy. Both teams had forgotten how to defend. At times my three man defence were in a vertical line up the pitch!

Can only get better...

Ha atleast we hope it'll get better!

Yakubu is a beast, cool signing! Great month in October mate.

He's certainly performing so far. :thup:

120px-Brighton_%26_Hove_Albion_logo.svg.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - November 2015 - Brighton

League One

CarrerSave-BrightonLge1Fixtures-Nov2015_zps8229aed5.png

CarrerSave-BrightonLge1Table-Nov2015_zps1291718e.png

My good start to life at Brighton continues, and to my pleasure we've added cleansheets! The month started with aa 1-0 win over Carlisle. It doesn't look terribly impressive, but we dominated the play and never looked like conceding. We then had a disappointing draw against Bury where we just had one of those games where you can't break the opposition down. We then went into the game against third placed Coventry in ninth place, and we put in a super performance to win 2-0, and in all honesty it could have been more. Our best performace yet.

FA Cup - 1st Round

CarrerSave-BrightonFACFixtures-Nov2015_zps402fc4b3.png

We scored a comfortable win over League Two leaders Dagenham And Redbridge, despite resting a few players. We took the lead, but Dagenham pegged us back before the break. However, we regained the lead early in the second period and then wrapped it up eighteen minutes from time.

In the next round we face Port Vale of League One at The Amex.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Area Quarter Final

CarrerSave-BrightonJPTFixtures-Nov2015_zps471c81bf.png

Not our greatest of Performances, but we got the win nevertheless. We fell behind on the half hour mark but equalised just a few minutes later, and then we went ahead just after the break through centreback Michael Bostwick. From then on we controlled possession without really threatening, but we got over the line to qualify for the Southern Area Semi Final, where we face Kidderminster.

• SI Staff

Just enjoyed 15 minutes reading through your thread after seeing your conversations with RTH and Cleon on twitter. Great stuff, especially the two Bukovyna seasons.

I played FMC in Ukraine in FM13 in their second tier, but was not nearly as successful as you (I managed Olimpic Donetsk) and must say that I would recommend a save in Ukraine for anyone.

Just enjoyed 15 minutes reading through your thread after seeing your conversations with RTH and Cleon on twitter. Great stuff, especially the two Bukovyna seasons.

I played FMC in Ukraine in FM13 in their second tier, but was not nearly as successful as you (I managed Olimpic Donetsk) and must say that I would recommend a save in Ukraine for anyone.

First of all I'm glad you gave it a read and indeed posted - it's always nice when newcomers take the time to do so. :)

Regarding the two years in Ukraine, I think the second season was more luck than judgement if I'm honest! I was lucky enough that the club I was with had a few decent youngsters there to work with already, add to that my regen Pavlo Denys who was smashing in the top tier.

It certainly was good fun while it lasted. I find a trip into the unknown often is.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - December 2015 - Brighton

League One

CarrerSave-BrightonLge1Fixtures-Dec2015_zps878274e5.png

CarrerSave-BrightonLge1Table-Dec2015_zps2bdb04c7.png

Another 100% month which has seen us go top of the table and open up a bit of a gap.

We didnt play well against Leyton Orient and probably didnt desrve anything, but thankfully Yakubu had better ideas and hit a brace in the last 20mins to give us an unlikely victory. In our next game away at Gillingham we again didnt play that well, but we came away with a win. We fell behind, but equalised on halftime. Young Celtic loanee McGinty then grabbed a couple to put us 3-1 up, but Gillingham grabbed another late on to make it a nervy ending. A comfortable 2-0 win over Port Vale followed, and then on Boxing Day we put in an excellent performance against Millwall which saw us achieve our best win of the season. Our final game of December was a corking win at Sheffield United. We totally controlled the game from start to finish and thoroughly deserved our 2-0 win. Great performance away against a top six side.

Our next game in League One is at home to Blackpool.

FA Cup - 2nd Round

CarrerSave-BrightonFACFixtures-Dec2015_zpsa0ddd529.png

Dlighted with this as I made a few changes and they paid off. Brennan Dickenson made his first appearance under me and he didnt disappoint, grabbing two goals. Marlon Pack made his firt start as he has been out a while with injury, and he too got on the scoresheet as we scored a comfortable win.

In the next found we face, well, you already know.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Area Semi Final

CarrerSave-BrightonJPTFixtures-Dec2015_zps54acb00a.png

Very poor performance againt League Two. We didnt deserve any better either. After the game I tore into my side and even fined a couple of the poorest performers. Unfortunately, I dont think I took Yakubu's reputation into consideration. He has now fallen out with me. Silly man.

Transfers

Not that it is my intention to post every loan deal we complete, but thought I'd share this one as it's a good one for a League One side;

Alejandro Pozuelo

A lovely signing for this level, even if he hasn't had much game time yet. (I forgot to take a screenshot when he signed). He's on a three month loan until the end of February, but we can buy him at any time for just £80,000!!

Some great results there Tom. Are you still persisting with the 442 or have you changed things up a little with brighton?

Recently gone to a 4-5-1 with a Halfback and the FB's as "Complete Wingbacks". It contrils things better and is why we have started keeping one or two cleansheets. It also seems to be getting the best out of Jake Forster-Caskey.

Yakubu's banging them in, worth the punt!

Just hope he sorts himself out soon - I don't like unhappy players.

Recently gone to a 4-5-1 with a Halfback and the FB's as "Complete Wingbacks". It contrils things better and is why we have started keeping one or two cleansheets. It also seems to be getting the best out of Jake Forster-Caskey. Just hope he sorts himself out soon - I don't like unhappy players.
The HB role works really well with that philosophy as the CBs spread into the spaces vacated by your CWB. How are you playing the Yak!? WHat role? Also do you find your wide players obstruct the CWBs or compliment and offer a good overload out wide?

Your doing really well in Brighton. The Yak is doing well for you

Thanks. As Ive said already, hopefully gets over his strop soon and just gets on with things rather than moaning at every opportunity.

The HB role works really well with that philosophy as the CBs spread into the spaces vacated by your CWB. How are you playing the Yak!? WHat role? Also do you find your wide players obstruct the CWBs or compliment and offer a good overload out wide?

Yakubu plays as a DLF - Support. I appreciate its not a role people would associate with him, but it suits the needs of the team. And he's doing well in the role!

Also I've not noticed any issue with the wide players and FB's. One is a Winger - Attack, and the other an Inside Forward - Support. There may be something I'm not seeing, but it doesn't seem to affecting us if there is.

Just finished reading through this. Excellent stuff, Tom!

Cheers. Hope you keep reading. :)

Bruno Gama's Management Career - January 2016 - Brighton

League One

CarrerSave-BrightonLge1Fixtures-Jan2016_zps1584ca0f.png

CarrerSave-BrightonLge1Table-Jan2016_zpsd2084596.png

Five wins out of six saw us extend our league at the top of the table to eight points over second placed Millwall.

The month started with a 4-2 win over Blackpool, but much was owed to them going down to ten men just after the half hour mark with the score at 1-1. By halftime we had gone 3-1 infront, and though Blackpool pulled it back to 3-2, we wrapped it up 15mins from time to seal a hard earned three points. Two 2-0 wins followed against Yeovil and Rochdale, with Larnell Cole starring in both. Burton held us to a 0-0 draw before we bounced back in style by trouncing Shrewsbury 4-1 with Yakubu getting his first goals since Boxing Day. The month finished with a hard fought 2-1 win at Brentford with young Celtic loanee Harry McGinty grabbing the winner.

FA Cup - 3rd Round

CarrerSave-BrightonFACFixtures-Jan2016_zps12a87353.png

A 3-0 defeat looks pretty comprehensive, but we were by no means disgraced. We had a couple of early chances before United took the lead after 26mins through Javier Hernandez. They then took control, but we looked dangerous on the counter throughout. We couldnt force our way through though and goals from Robin van Persie (77) and Patrice Evra (80) sealed the win for United.

Transfers

A young rightback, Darnell Fisher, was flogged to Huddersfield for £200,000 after failing to agree a new contract. A permanent deal for Alejandro Pozuelo was completed, and we also signed one more player;

Daragh McGlynn

A decenet looking young goalkeeper, who, give the right guidance, could be a sound player in the future. Potentially not a bad little freebie picked up.

Yakubu plays as a DLF - Support. I appreciate its not a role people would associate with him, but it suits the needs of the team. And he's doing well in the role!Also I've not noticed any issue with the wide players and FB's. One is a Winger - Attack, and the other an Inside Forward - Support. There may be something I'm not seeing, but it doesn't seem to affecting us if there is.
Ah right so they're AML/R then. Thought the were in the ML/R positions. That should work a lot better. I tried out a 4-5-1 in the lower leagues but my players weren't really supporting the lone striker enough.

Great season so far, McGlynn looks like a great buy too :thup:

He certainly looks like he could turn into a super goalkeeper.

Ah right so they're AML/R then. Thought the were in the ML/R positions. That should work a lot better. I tried out a 4-5-1 in the lower leagues but my players weren't really supporting the lone striker enough.

Yeah sorry, I should have made it clear. Reading it back it looks like I meant a flat five in midfield. Whoops. :thdn:

Bruno Gama's Management Career - February 2016 - Brighton

League One

CarrerSave-BrightonLge1Fixtures-Feb2016_zps287946cc.png

CarrerSave-BrightonLge1Table-Feb2016_zps90c4f94f.png

Well we've once again lost the ability to keep cleansheets, but thankfully we are still doing enough to win games.

Against Chesterfield we were very comfortable throughout, and the 2-0 lead we had at the break was no less than we deserved. They came back at us in the second period though, and got a goal back with 15mins to go, but we held on for the win. Tranmere then came to the Amex and got a thoroughly deserved point, equalising late on after Yakubu's earlier penalty. With injuries mounting up, youngster Ragnar Már Lárusson came into the side for the game at Swindon and he didn't disappoint, grabbing two goals to put us in a commanding position within the first hour of the game. Swindon grabbed one back in the 85th minute, we held on to our slender lead. We were appalling in the first half against relegation threatened Notts County and couldn't complain at our 1-0 halftime deficit. We came back stronger in the second half and captain Michael Bostwick equalised before Yakubu grabbed the winner eleven minutes from time.

The game to third place is now a mamouth sixteen points. We'd have to have an absolutely awful run not to gain automatic promotion from here.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - March Free Transfer Deadline - Brighton

Not that I'd usually do this, but I simply had to post this transfer we secured on the final day for freebies;

Vagner Love

What a signing. Yes it's another older player, but what a player he could well be for us. He is on a ridiculous contract[/b] for this level and indeed the Championship, but if he gets firing next season, (lets be fair, we're up this year already realistically), then we could do some damage.

Brilliant work at Brighton so far mate, one final push and you'll be up way before the end of the season. The signing of Vagner Love surpasses the signing of Yakubu! Love it, he was such a beast for me on previous editions - will be interesting to see how he performs for you.

Cheers.

Vagner Love has obviously lost his a pace a little, but his mentals are excellent still. I reckon I can get something out of him. :brock:

Bruno Gama's Management Career - March 2016 - Brighton

League One

CarrerSave-BrightonLge1Fixtures-Mar2016_zpsd1857708.png

CarrerSave-BrightonLge1Table-Mar2016_zpsf3753ed7.png

Another super month with six wins out of seven games has seen promotion secured and put us on the brink of lifting the League One trophy.

The month started with a 2-1 win over Crawley, but again we conceded late to make things nervy. A cracking counter-attacking performance followed at Preston before we woner 1-0 at home to Stevenage. Alejandro Pozuelo scored in both games, and those were his first goals for the club. A but of a battle was played out against Crewe, in which a draw was a fair result. Colchester were then giving a 3-0 hiding, although two of the goals came late in the game. Leyton Orient then put up a great fight against us, but we just about deserved victory. The month was rounded off on Easter Monday with a 2-0 win at Carlisle. Vagner Love grabbed his first goal for the club, and this victory sealed promotion to the Championship.

Jut five games to then, all of which are in April. Victory in our next game against Bury will secure the title.

Good work! Interested to see how much spending money you get in the Championship now. Hopefully they don't take it off you!

I'm intrigued aswell, though I'm not sure how much I'll be pooking to spend. I'm confident in an awful lot of this squad.

Archived