Insert Interesting Name Here - Tomtuck's Second FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

Bukovyna_2010.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - October 2013 - Bukovyna

Persha Liha

CareerSave-BukovynaLgeFixtures-Oct2013_zps3a767251.png

CareerSave-BukovynaLgeTable-Oct2013_zpsf80a33b7.png

Well I'm happy with this month, even though we lost to a promotion rival. We started off by beating top of the league Gelios, even though we got a bit of a pounding. Stal Alchevsk then beat us 2-1, but it was very unfortunate. We completely dominated possession and made a string of good openings, but our finishing just wasn't up to scratch. The month was finished off with a 1-0 win away at Dyanmo-2 Kyiv in what was a terrific performance.

Three games in November, then the long winter break. Hopefully we can take maximum points from those three.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bukovyna_2010.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - November 2013 - Bukovyna

Persha Liha

CareerSave-BukovynaLgeFixtures-Nov2013_zps90a97a6b.png

CareerSave-BukovynaLgeTable-Nov2013_zps9c7710e2.png

Well we've dropped to fifth, but we're still well and truly in with a shot of promotion with nine games to go. The month started with a 4-1 thumping of our fierce rivals Nyva Ternopli with young Yuriy Kosovan bagging putting in a terrific performance. We then had a tough game at Zirka Kirovograd, but came through it with a 2-1 win. Midtable Avangard Kramatorsk then came to town for our final game before the winter break, and really should have been there for the taking. But once again our strikers let us down, missing numerous chances. A point was very disappointing.

I'm still happy enough with how we're positioned, and the aim is to win six of our last nine games and see where that takes us.

Bukovyna_2010.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - Bukovyna - The Winter Break 2013/14

Well the long midseason winter break is here. With us being a second division side we're of course not in Europe, and as such we have no competitive fixtures between 23rd November 2013 and 23rd March 2014. Christ, what's a Portuguese manager in freezing Ukraine to do with himself?

Well, lets find out..........

Transfers

With such a long break I thought I'd dip my toe into the transfer market..................or not. That's right, we've no funds and no sign of selling any players to raise any. Infact, I had to release three players during the window, (well, I let two leave for another club for free), and not renew the loan of a very good young defender as we were desperate to bring the wage budget down.

Anyway, we did bring in one player, and that was a young leftback;

Andriy Slinkin.

He actually signed for us back at the very end of October, but I couldn't register him until the winter break. He's a terrific upgrade on our other leftbacks, even if some of his mentals are a bit lacklustre.

Friendlies

To get a bit of match fitness prior to the resumption of the league, we had a couple of friendlies in early March. The rest of time the boys were doing fitness training -working them hard I was!

CareerSave-BukovynaMidseasonFriendlies-2013-14_zpsc0360c20.png

Never been a big one for friendlies, especially when the tactical systems we use are fully trained. Just a couple of nice easy games for us to get a bit of sharpness back and get the morale up before the competitve fixtures start again.

Things kick off again on March 23rd with an away trip to relegation threatened Poltava.

Bukovyna_2010.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - Bukovyna 2013/14 - Youth Intake

This could be a godsend for us given the lack of funds available. Anyway, rather than posting an image of the full set of youngsters we had come through the ranks and then images of them, I've just decided to post images of those I have decided to sign up.

Anton Sydorchuck - 4 & 1/2 Stars

Kostyantyn Malygin - 4 & 1/2 Stars

Pavlo Denys - 4 & 1/2 Stars

Olexiy Sereda - 4 Stars

Yaroslav Klymus - 3 & 1/2 Stars

For this level, these players represent a pretty decent crop of youth. Of course all of them need plenty of work, but I'm hopeful about their long term chances of succeeding at the club.

Really hope so, I wish I'd stayed there longer on my FM13 save. Building a squad there was probably the most fun I've had with transfers and wheeling and dealing :)

So pleased to find someone else who feels that way.

Living in the UK I'd always shared others view & laughed at the MLS. But when I was becoming increasinly frustrated with the ease I was obtaining success back on FM12 I decided to give the MLS a go. Ill be 100% honest and swear on my little boys life, it was the most fun i'd had on FM in years. Once id taken time out to learn the different rules that had previous scared me and others off I loved it. Really did light my FM fire again. Liked it so much I follow MLS in real life as well.

Great thread tom keep up the good work (and head over to the states!)

Bukovyna_2010.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - March 2014 - Bukovyna

Persha Liha

CareerSave-BukovynaLgeFixtures-Mar2014_zps71d6ceea.png

CareerSave-BukovynaLgeTable-Mar2014_zpsd9379b92.png

Four points from two games and we remain fifth, and as such the gap to the promotion spots remains four points. We started with a very poor display away at Poltava and we were lucky to draw in all honesty, even if we did take the lead. We bounced back from that though by thumping Olexandriya 4-0. Olexandr Derebchynskyi doubled his goal tally for the season with a well taken brace in what was one of our most clinical displays of the season.

Next we face a trip to midtable Sumy in what is an away game we need to be looking to win if we are to get close to those promotion places.

Bukovyna_2010.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - April 2014 - Bukovyna

Persha Liha

CareerSave-BukovynaLgeFixtures-Apr2014_zpsb3a71fef.png

CareerSave-BukovynaLgeTable-Apr2014_zps4f10acc5.png

Squeaky bum time to say the very least! Three wins and a draw, and we're well in the mix. We did excellently away at Sumy, taking the game to them and playing them off the park - 3-1 really didn't flatter us. The side who were bottom at the time then came to town, and we made a meal of it. We fell behind in just the first minute, but then roared back to lead 3-1 at the break. In the second half more goals were expected, but didn't come, and we so nearly paid the price late on as they pulled another back. Thankfully, we held on. A comfortable away win followed, but then came a huge match against promotion rivals Desna Chernigiv. We froze early on and after less than half an hour trailed 2-0. We grabbed one before the break and then battered them in the second period, eventually grabbing an equaliser with eleven minutes to go. What a bit point that could be!

Just three games to go then, with one at home which is sandwiched inbetween two away fixtures.

That's a ridiculously tight table. I've had lots of fun playing in Ukraine before, but money is always difficult at small clubs. It certainly keeps you on your toes!

Fingers crossed for the run in, man. :thup:

You're definitely right about the finances, it's a tough job keeping them anything like in check!

And thanks, we'll doing all we can to get promted.

Bukovyna_2010.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - May 2014 - Bukovyna

Persha Liha

CareerSave-BukovynaLgeFixtures-May2014_zps831fdbe0.png

CareerSave-BukovynaLgeTable-May2014_zps655ed043.png

We're there!! Well, more or less. Still a slim chance of us not finishing in the top two, but that would take a huge swing in goal difference.

The first game of the month represented a terrific comeback, but we should be winning games like this much more comfortably. We fell 2-0 behind after 25mins, but got one back in just the 27th minute. However, our comeback soon suffered a blow when Tytan hit a third just three minutes later. 3-1 down after just half an hour, were our promotion going up in flames? Well no, as in the second half we staged a stunning comeback to win 4-3. If that was a struggle, then the next game was just the same. Olimpic Donetsk came to town, and we were in dire straights. First and second choice goalkeepers were out injured, so 15 year old (eeek!!) Olexiy Sereda had to start. What a game for the young man to step in for, and he didn't disappoint as he kept cleansheet. While he did well, the rest didn't perform. We struggled to break them down, but with just 15mins to go 18 year old midfielder Artem Yelov grabbed the winner from close range.

A poor couple of performances, but we got two crucial wins. Put the Champagne on ice!

Bukovyna_2010.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - June 2014 - Bukovyna

Persha Liha

CareerSave-BukovynaLgeFixtures-June2014_zps5cf0bbb0.png

CareerSave-BukovynaLgeTable-June2014_zps5188b76b.png

A tough game in which to try and win the league, and we only just got over the line. In fairness Mykolaiv were above us for most of the season and always pushing for promotion, but we did deserve the draw, no matter how late it came. That point meant we won the title, as Desna Chernigiv could also only draw. In the last minute of the final game of the season - what a great way to do it!

Bukovyna_2010.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - Season Review 2013/14 - Bukovyna

Persha Liha

Results 1 - Results 2 - Final Table (Promoted As Champions)

Well it turned out to be a terrific season with us surpassing all expectations to get promoted as champions. Predicted to finish 13th by the media, things didn't get off to a great start. However we soon found our feet and began to climb the table, and in the second half of the campaign we really kicked on, reamaining unbeaten in our final twelve games to take the title on the final day.

Kubok Ukraini

Eliminated in 2nd Round

Two stonking games! First off we knocked out a club we should have been beating easily, simply because of our superior fitness - we scored three times after the 85th minute! In the second round it was a similar storry, but this time with us on the recieving end. We put up a good fight against the Premyer-Liha side, and were 2-0 up at one point. But after having a man sent off then ran us ragged. Thrilling stuff.

Other Info

Squad Stats - Transfers - Finances

Terrific stuff from alot of the players. We have plenty of young lads in the team and they stepped up when it mattered.

Transfers wise we had to release some big earners, (for us), who weren't first choice, or those who were just damn awful. We strengthened the defence before and during the season with three players who are all now first choice in their respective positions. A bit of the same will be needed over the summer.

Finance wise we have had a nightmare, and with news of the stadium being converted to an all-seater, that looks set to continue. Financial meltdown may be on the cards if I'm honest as we simply don't have many sellable assets to bring money in.

Top 3 Players

Sergiy Sibiryakov

Without a doubt our most influencial attacking player. Without him I have no idea where our creativity would have come from. The only bad thing is his age.

Sergiy Danylovskyi

A rock for us at the back, a real warrior.

Yuriy Kosovan

I have to be honest and say I didn't fancy him early on, but he really proved me wrong. A terrific record he had.

What Next

Well the new season starts in little over a month. Time to try and find some new players who can hopefully help us stay in the top flight.

Bukovyna_2010.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - Season Preview 2014/15 - Bukovyna

Board Expectations

Premyer-Liha - Stay clear of relegation

Kubok Ukraini - Enjoy the experience

Personal Expectations

Premyer-Liha - Agree with the board

Kubok Ukraini - Couldn't care less

Budgets

Transfer: £0

Wages: £6,835 p/w (Currently spending £7,693)

Balance: -£567,891 (-£564,274 from last year)

Well not much change budget wise from last season. Around £600 extra p/w on the wage budget, (which we're well over), and again no transfer funds at all. The finances have taken a battering due the board having to make the ground all-seater.

Key Players

Sergiy Danylovskyi

He may be injured for a bit, but when he's back he'll be crucial to our chances of survival.

Bogdan Kogut

A decent goalkeeper is certainly needed if we want to stay in the Premyer-Liha, and this man is just that.

Borys Orlovskyi

A terrific young CM, and I'd say he can go on to bigger clubs than us. Much expected of him in the engine room this year.

Archived