tomtuck01

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bukovyna_2010.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - Preseason 2014/15 - Bukovyna

Transfers

BukovynaSummerTransfers-2014-15_zpscb4b0657.png

Not loads of business. Just five released as they weren't first choice and I'd rather have a set of young players as back-ups. Also a case of getting players off the wage bill who weren't going to be player week-in, week-out. Here are the two that came in to the club;

Adriel

Another leftback, but can also play wide left aswell. Should be a decent player for our current needs.

Olexiy Lavrinenko

Simply brought in as back-up goalkeeper. He's on much less than our previous back-up, so in all honesty that was part of the attraction.

Preseason Friedlies

BukovynaPreseasonFixtures-2014-15_zps1aa16c21.png

With such a quick turnaround in seasons here, (due to the four month winter break), there was little need for many preseason friendlies. We therefore played just a couple to get morale going and a bit of sharpness back. They did just that.

Our first game is against the side who knocked us out of the Kubok Ukraini last season; Metalurg Zaporozhye. After that we have Dnipro at home. Yay.

Bukovyna_2010.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - July 2014 - Bukovyna

Premyer-Liha

CareersSave-BukovynaLgeFixtures-July2014_zps25987519.png

CareersSave-BukovynaLgeTable-July2014_zps3c507078.png

Terrific first game! They absolutely battered us, but we defended excellently to keep them at bay, twice scoring on the counter attack. Delighted to see one of the youth products from last season make his mark aswell. We'll call this revenge for them knocking us out of the cup last season!

Next up it just get easier................Dnipro.

Transfers

The transfer window is still open, and we've brought in another players to aid our fight against relegation;

André Recife

A tremendous looking signing for us! Hopefully he'll bring some much needed goals and some genuine quality to our attack.

I like the look of Andre Recife should be a very important player for you this season.

Indeed he could prove pivotal. Unfortunately what I didn't know until we signed him was that you have to pay a "New Foreign Player Fee" of just under £10,000. That wasn't ideal. :(

Bukovyna_2010.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - August 2014 - Bukovyna

Premyer-Liha

CareersSave-BukovynaLgeFixtures-Aug2014_zps9f788dec.png

CareersSave-BukovynaLgeTable-Aug2014_zps0640ed6a.png

A tremendous month for us in all honesty, despite the two home defeats.

We started off against Dnipro at home, and it was a pretty even game in all honesty, but when they grabbed two goals in two minutes just after the hour the game was dead. Another away victory followed next though with two very late goals. After taking the lead in the first half Volyn had a man sent off midway through the econd period. However, they equalised in the 83rd minute, but goals in the 90th and 93rd minute had me jumping for joy. If that fairly joyous, what happened next was just outstanding. Andre Recife was given his full debut and in just the 6th minute he put us ahead against the giants Dynamo Kiev. They gave us a bit of pounding after that, but we clountered well and could have scored more. We had to hang on abit late on, but we did just that and took all three points. A thrilling draw followed meaning we remain unbeaten on the road. I say thrilling as we came from 3-0 down to draw 3-3. A home defeat to Metalurg Donetsk followed, but we performed well and could have easily taken a point. The month was rounded off with a second home win of the season against Illichivets, as we came from 1-0 down the take it in style.

The international break is here, but when we return we have a trip to Vorskla Poltava.

Decent month, like you said apart from 2 home defeat. Any good youngsters coming through your academy?

Here is last years youth intake that I signed up; Clicky!

Of those, Pavlo Denys has made an impact this season, grabbing two goals and an assist in four appearances. And goalkeeper Olexiy Sereda made two appearances last season in the Persha Liha, (kept a cleansheet in one of them), as both our first team goalkeepers were out injured.

Aside from those, there were some decent young players already at the club. The following three are all in my first choice midfield;

Artem Yelov

Borys Orlovskyi

Marjan Kosovan

You take that every day for your first season at this level.

Absolutely. I think it has been a stonking start to the season. Last year 25pts was enough to stay in the division, and after just seven games we're more than halfway there.

Bukovyna_2010.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - September 2014 - Bukovyna

Premyer-Liha

CareersSave-BukovynaLgeFixtures-Sept2014_zpsd2ec3085.png

CareersSave-BukovynaLgeTable-Sept2014_zps6e85ec40.png

Five points taken from a possible nine, but I'm somewhat disappointed in all honesty.

The month started with a good performances at Vorskla Poltava. We took the lead early but they came on strong in the second half and we finally cracked with 17mins to go. Thankfully though we held on for a point. We got back to winning ways in the next game when Sevastopol came to town. Youngster Pavlo Denys grabbed the goal early on, and from then on we were in complete control. The only disappointment was that we didn't add more goals. Desna Chernigiv then defended for their lives against us to take their first point of the season. That was a game we should have been winning in all honesty, hence my disappointment.

Next up we have Arsenal Kiev at home, followed by another home game against Shakhtar Donetsk.

Kubok Ukraini - 2nd Round

CareersSave-BukovynaKubokUkrainiFixtures-Sept2014_zpsd2f65e9b.png

A comfortable win over Persha Liha side Zirka Kirovograd to send us through to the 3rd round. Delighted that Pavlo Denys once again got on the scoresheet! In the next round we've face fellow Premyer-Liha side Govlera.

Bukovyna_2010.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - October 2014 - Bukovyna

Premyer-Liha

CareersSave-BukovynaLgeFixtures-Oct2014_zps62caa99a.png

CareersSave-BukovynaLgeTable-Oct2014_zps85754167.png

I simply have no way to explain what on earth is going on here - this is simply beyond my wildest dreams!!

Our magnificent month began with a very even game against Arsenal Kyiv. We took the lead soon after the half hour mark but they replied instantly. The game was then a bit of a battle with no real quality, until Artem Yelov scored a lovely goal a little over twenty minutes from time to win it. Next up the Champions came to town, and I was expecting a bit of a battering. In all honesty that was what we got, but lord only knows how, we stunned them 2-1!!! Youngster Pavlo Denys raised his sensational form to new heights with a stunning hattrick away to Karpaty in what was probably our most complete performance of the season. Another away game followed and we again put in a terrific performance. Veteran winger Sergiy Sibiryakov put us 2-0 up after 25mins, but we let Chornomorets back into it straight away due to a rare error by our goalkeeper. After that the game was very tight and tense, until we struck a quickfire double just after the hour mark to kill the game off, with sixteen year old Pavlo Denys grabbing yet another goal!

So that's it for this month. Miraculously top we're top by a point! I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts.

Kubok Ukraini - 3rd Round

CareersSave-BukovynaKubokUkrainiFixtures-Oct2014_zps02855b79.png

I've got to be honest and say I rested a few players for this game. Right now the league has to take priority, even though I don't for one second believe we can actually even finish in the European places. We still played well enough in this game, but after equalising late on we then late Goverla go straight up the other end to retake the lead, and 2-1 is how it finished.

What a cracker of a month (not to mention the season as a whole so far). Got to love that efficiency in front of goal against Shakhtar, nice :D

If someone lost to the AI in that manner there'd be a thread in GD about the game cheating! :D

Thank you for the kind words. As I keep saying, I'm truly stunned at how this is going.

Bukovyna_2010.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - November 2014 - Bukovyna

Premyer-Liha

CareersSave-BukovynaLgeFixtures-Nov2014_zps1b23db22.png

CareersSave-BukovynaLgeTable-Nov2014_zps91db352b.png

Well another very good month, but I have issues - defending. We can't defend for toffee and it is becoming a problem.

Anyway, the month began with another super win over one of the big boys, this time Metalist Kharkiv. The more pleasing thig this time was that we actually came from behind. Like with the wins against Dynamo Kyiv and Shakhtar, we took a bit of pounding, but we stood strong and came through to win it late on. We then came from behind again to beat Metalurg Zaporizhzhya by the same 2-1 scoreline, before then suffering defeat to Dnipro by that very same scoreline yet again. The month was rounded off by a 3-2 win at home over Volyn. I was very disappointed with this as we were horribly sloppy at the back. Even after going 3-1 up and coasting victory, we made it hard for ourselves by conceding late-on the make things a bit nervy.

The winter break is now here, and we have no competitive match until the very end of February. Time to sort that defence out!!

Just caught up with this - fine work man, great start to life in the top tier.

I know it happened a while ago, but I'm stunned those additional seats were so cheap - I remember a save I had where 10,000 seats cost nearly £5m to install when I was in Poland, so I think you did OK there!

Just caught up with this - fine work man, great start to life in the top tier.

I know it happened a while ago, but I'm stunned those additional seats were so cheap - I remember a save I had where 10,000 seats cost nearly £5m to install when I was in Poland, so I think you did OK there!

Cheap? This is Ukraine - unless you're extracting gas or farming other fuels, you haven't got a pot to **** in!! I imagine the construction company need all the money they can get!

What are you doing up there :D.

I have literally no idea! :D

Cheap? This is Ukraine - unless you're extracting gas or farming other fuels, you haven't got a pot to **** in!! I imagine the construction company need all the money they can get!

Been there, fella. It's hard work, but it makes success really rewarding when it finally comes about....

CareersSave-BukovynaTalksToStay-Dec2014_zps86896dd9.png

Well Bukovyna heard about my talks with Braga and asked me to attend a meeting to try and persuade me to stay. I decied to go and we talked about the wage budget and a few infrastructure issues, and none of my requests they felt they couldn't meet. As it is, I'm still in Ukraine waiting for Braga to get back to me after my interview with them.

Bukovyna_2010.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - Bukovyna - The Winter Break 2014/15

Well it's time of year again where we've got nothing to do. As you have seen from a couple of the above screenshots I came close to leaving the club, but that didn't work out. So I'm still at Bukovyna and about to restart the league campaign. We've not been busy at all in the transfer market, (infact there has been no business of any kind), but we have played a couple of matches.

Friendlies

CareersSave-BukovynaMidseasonFixtures-2014-15_zpsf61ae436.png

Like with last season we played just a couple of mideason matches to get us back into the swing of things before the competitive games restarted. Two handsome wins to boost morale ahead of a tough trip to Dynamo Kyiv. Got to be honest and say I expect defeat there, but we'll sure give it a go!

Archived