[FM2014]Better Than Default Panels

ArtDekDok

Those files indeed, although I didn't have an issue with player overview.

Commented out as in using <!-- and -->

Like this: <!-- section of xml code you want the game to ignore here-->

Then have the skin reloaded in-game.

Uncommented as in removing those same thingies.

I imagine you could just make a backup of the original file, delete stuff from the original, reload skin, restore the backup.

I've tried to just put <!--/widget--> for each widget and it came with an error. Is that the correct way, or do i have to uncomment the lines of text after the widget?

Essentially i have no idea what im doing.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it possible to make the attributes highlighted like they do on the attributes page.

At the minute it's like this.

0yK544o.png

Is it possible to make them like this.

qpoz9jL.png

I want the same, it makes no sense to have it any other way. Also the numbers aren't thick like in the default, so it's harder to see. And why is it called "Attributes No Scroll Bar" and when you choose a role, it doesn't give you the role your assistant manager recommends them playing.

Also, the club overview page is ****ed now as well, it has like 4 empty panels.

Any estimation on when you are going to update this OP?

Yeah, I'd really appreciate a broken-down set of instructions. I've been able to disable and re-enable currently working panels on the club overview screen, but I have no idea how to get the broken ones to work.

OK, I'll try...

1. Backup your club overview panel in your skin folder ..\my documents\sports interactive\football manager 2014\skins\better_panels_official_default\ (or dark if you use that version) for windows.

2. Download this: club overview panel.xml

3. Move that file to your skin folder and overwrite the existing panel.

4. Go to FM14 -> preferences -> interface

5. Untick "use caching to decrease page loading times" and also clear cache.

6. Reload skin. (Hopefully your club overview should work now, without you being able to change the contents of most of the boxes.)

7. Replace your club overview panel with the backup from step 1.

8. Reload skin in FM14.

9. Tick "use caching..." if you want to use it.

This should effectively do what I did to get it work. If this doesn't fix it for you, then I don't think I can help you because, as I said, I can't reproduce the problem.

If this helps I suppose I have to do the same for player overview when I have time (some had trouble with that right?), but let's first see if this does anything.

OK, I'll try...

1. Backup your club overview panel in your skin folder ..\my documents\sports interactive\football manager 2014\skins\better_panels_official_default\ (or dark if you use that version) for windows.

6. Reload skin. (Hopefully your club overview should work now, without you being able to change the contents of most of the boxes.)

8. Reload skin in FM14.

This should effectively do what I did to get it work. If this doesn't fix it for you, then I don't think I can help you because, as I said, I can't reproduce the problem.

If this helps I suppose I have to do the same for player overview when I have time (some had trouble with that right?), but let's first see if this does anything.

Thx deserter! Now it works!!! :-)

OK, I'll try...

8. Reload skin in FM14.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
can someone make player overview panel work?

I need this too.. It seems that my club overview is working properly, however I'm missing the whole right side in the player overview, which is crucial.. I can't continue playing the game without this panels, I get used to them so much :(

This is a screenshot from my POV. I'm also using panels for 1366x768 resolution.

http://prikachi.com/images/951/7027951b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right, so I've edited the panels to my liking (this is a LOT of work btw) and now it looks as this:

zwgt9t.jpg

Now my question:

Can the OP or anyone else help me in figuring out how to increase the size of the attributes (need to increase size of the container that has the attributes and the attributes text themselves) so that it fills the space that I've marked in red? There's a little bit of blank space which I'd like to fill either by increasing the gap between attributes/increasing attribute sizes ever so slightly

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
OK, I'll try...

8. Reload skin in FM14.

Sadly this isn't working for me. Not sure what else to try really. Any ideas?

also if someone could talk me through how to make the text smaller in the positions panel, ie- if it says "deep lying playmaker" it's partly hidden under the pitch image. Also how would I go about editing the title of "attributes no scroll bar" simply to remove the scroll bar part of the text.

The main issue is not being able to get the 3 panels on the squad screen working. I've tried everything suggested in this thread and it's still not allowing me to select panels. Just sitting there blank.

Maybe someone could upload an amended xml file for me to try? that would be appreciated.

Example of player screen with text size issue and title issue - http://s17.postimg.org/sdrpq133j/image.png

Example of squad scree with 3 panel issue - http://s17.postimg.org/50to7imzz/image.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived