FM14: Manchester United FC Thread - Dawn of a New Evra!

batty1

I am not sure buddy, I have a kit pack which gives all the teams their proper kit. So I presume if I didn't have that, it would have little generic shirts like red ones for United etc.

Ahh ok mate. I also have a kit pack on but I don't think that happens on mine. Do them kits appear on the formayion screens aswell?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ahh ok mate. I also have a kit pack on but I don't think that happens on mine. Do them kits appear on the formayion screens aswell?

I'll have a little look around later for you, not currently on FM :thup:

No, they don't on the formation screens.

Just on the Team of the Week, and FIFPro World XI :)

Season Summary 2014/15

First season summary found earlier on in the thread, here. After losing the Champions League to Chelsea in the final in the first season, I wanted to continue until I won it (which happened to be this season, against Chelsea)... but now I am genuinely enjoying the save and want to continue, regardless of the success.

Transfers

The main plan this year, was to offload the oldies and bring in the young'ens. I have managed to bring the average age of the squad down to 22.39 which compared to the first season... is a lot more youthful. I definitely needed back-up wing backs to rotate with Rafael and Luke Shaw, a couple of youthful box to box midfielders.

Transfers In - Transfers Out

Gino Peruzzi was a perfect young candidate for the rotational RWB slot, with all the right attributes and transfer listed meaning a bargain at £13m. The other side was a little more tricky searching for a LWB, but natural Jonathan Silva was put forward to me at £8.5m and couldn't turn it down. Defensively solid, just needs work on his attacking side of the game to really give Shaw some competition.

Central midfield took a hit with Fellaini, Carrick, Giggs, Fletcher, Cleverley and Anderson leaving... but I replaced all those average midfielders with 2 absolute quality box to box midfielders in Goretzka and Powell returning on loan. With only two central midfield spots available, it was nice to have 4 players to mess about with and find the best partnerships. Nkoulou was brought in for £10m (bargain) to play at CDM in the half back role to rotate with Phil Jones, they are both excellent and it is hard deciding who starts in the big games.

Reus was a funny one, I was searching all possible options for a winger as Nani and Valencia both left. I was after Draxler, Deulofeu, Sterling, Chamberlain but then noticed the release clause in Reus and thought he was worth a punt with all the right attributes I want from my LW (as that is where I play Welbeck as well). He isn't as consistent as I would like him to be, so he could have a short stay at Old Trafford.

Facundo Cardozo was brought in to replace Rio and Vidic leaving. I already have Smalling, Cassasola, Evans (with two half backs which are natural CB's in Jones/Nkoulou) so I just wanted someone young to come in and rotate around. Strangely, Cardozo was my best CB this season and ended up starting many games along side his fellow countryman Cassasola in a solid defensive partnership. With RVP sold, and Wilson not quite ready for the step up for more football, I will be looking to Angelo Henriquez to come back from his loan spell at Newcastle and be Rooney's competition.

Summary of Competitions

Premier League - Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2 - Table

Not quite as good as the previous year, but a few more goals were scored which is pleasing. Norwich were the surprise package this year, finishing 4th and Wolfswinkel being the Prem top scorer. I really want to tighten the defense a little though, I feel 24 goals is a few too many.

Community Shield - Fixtures

Same as always, glorified friendly but a 4-1 against City pleased the fans and it's another 'trophy'.

Capital One Cup - Fixtures

After scraping through the first game against Ipswich thanks to RVP coming off the bench, the surprise package Norwich knocked us out on penalties in the quarter finals.

FA Cup - Fixtures

We may not have made it look easy, but we seemed to go a favorable route to the final where we met, surprise surprise... Chelsea. Fellaini scoring for Chelsea to take it into extra time, how annoying, but inevitable.

Champions League - Fixtures

A fantastic campaign, winning every single game on the route to Chelsea again, but this time a different ending... Rafael in the 87th minute against the run of play saw us lift the cup.

Here are also a few of my top scorers - Link - Good to see 3 players breaking the 20 goal mark, and I was surprised to see how many goals Reus actually got. As always, Rafael and Luke Shaw the two best players in the squad.

Next Season

Quite simply, win everything.

I am thinking about loaning out Powell, and bringing in someone of higher quality through the middle of the same mold of all my players. Pogba is top of the list, with Kroos also a tempting possibility. Depending on budget, the chase for Javi Martinez again could be refreshed which would see Phil Jones go back to CB. I would still love Chamberlain/Sterling, but willing to give Reus another season as to judge him on his first season would be harsh, even if he did get 17 goals.

EDIT: Just got the budgets through, £106m and £2.4m/pw wage. Which is £800k a week more than I actually need... I think Martinez/Pogba could be a massive possibility with change to spare.

Pogba is a sod to buy, but I managed to bat Juventus down from something ludicrous (£95m+), so something just plain stupid (~£62m(!))

I would do it again though - he scores so many direct free kicks for me it is unreal.

You've done incredibly well to get your average age so low, so fast.

I'm down to around 22 in season five, and I thought I was being ruthless with kicking out the old guard!

I recommend keeping hold of Powell. He's been with me ever since the loan in season one, and is probably my most consistent player.

He's quite versatile too. Oxlade-Chamberlain seems to go on the cheap from Arsenal after 2/3 seasons, so worth keeping an eye on him.

I'll aim to post an update of my own tonight. I'm closing in on the end of season five, and on track to win a fair amount again.

League is pretty much wrapped up with 6 games to go, and I have a 3-1 lead over Barca after the first leg of the CL QF at Old Trafford.

We are being linked with a takeover which enforces a transfer embargo, which is annoying. It's the second time this season it has happened :(

I've no desire for a takeover as we have no debt and a huge transfer (£300m+) and wage budget.

Pogba is a sod to buy, but I managed to bat Juventus down from something ludicrous (£95m+), so something just plain stupid (~£62m(!))

I would do it again though - he scores so many direct free kicks for me it is unreal.

You've done incredibly well to get your average age so low, so fast.

I'm down to around 22 in season five, and I thought I was being ruthless with kicking out the old guard!

I recommend keeping hold of Powell. He's been with me ever since the loan in season one, and is probably my most consistent player.

He's quite versatile too. Oxlade-Chamberlain seems to go on the cheap from Arsenal after 2/3 seasons, so worth keeping an eye on him.

I'll aim to post an update of my own tonight. I'm closing in on the end of season five, and on track to win a fair amount again.

League is pretty much wrapped up with 6 games to go, and I have a 3-1 lead over Barca after the first leg of the CL QF at Old Trafford.

We are being linked with a takeover which enforces a transfer embargo, which is annoying. It's the second time this season it has happened :(

I've no desire for a takeover as we have no debt and a huge transfer (£300m+) and wage budget.

Yeah Pogba was transfer listed on my Pompey save in 2019 but I couldn't afford the wages, sods law. I'd happily pay up to £50m, not sure I would want to pay more than that.

It's because I hold no emotional bond to any of the old players like some United fans do :D So I just kick them straight out, replaced by kids. FM is still kinda silly that youngsters can still win everything.

Powell is a funny one, he is good enough for first team football and made 20(20) appearances throughout the season, but if I bring in another high quality CM... he would drop down the pecking order and would prefer him out on loan getting 25+ starts for a Prem club, rather than 5-10 sub appearances for me :(

First off, would just like to say that I like your style of post, was a good read.

Secondly, I think you should add the assists stats in to your image of your top goalscorers to give us an idea of how they are doing in those terms. For instance, Adnan Januzaj scored 24 goals for me last season, but he also assisted 29. I guess you should judge Reus that way as well.

Finally, fantastic season and what a fitting way to get revenge on Chelsea with an FA Cup and Champions League double! I think with the players that you have got, you should be able to achieve your aims for the coming season, but football can be unpredictable and you can lose against anyone on this game. (I lost to Southampton in the league haha!).

Ah, yeah, I don't even know why the assists aren't there. They usually are! Must have a different view on at the moment. A quick change and here are my top assisters... Rooney really does the link up play so well up top by himself :thup:

Yeah, Chelsea are very strong on this years game. Felt good getting that 1-0 win in the Champions League and Mourinho coming out saying how it was undeserved :D Norwich beat me in the league and knocked me out the Carling Cup... there is always one average team each season that is my bogey team.

Had a great start to my first season as the United manager. I'm playing with a 4-2-3-1 formation wth 2 defensive mids and 3 attacking mids. I loaned out a few of the youngsters Wilson, Periera, Janko etc etc. Sold Buttner for £4million to Newcastle.

Bought in Hugo Mallo, Ilkay Gundogan and Jeremy Toljan. Tried and tried to sign Shaw but Southampton wouldn't shift on his price. Tapping him up though and he is keen to come, so hopefully I can get him next season.

It's going much better than I expected too be honest, results are as followed

United 3-0 Wigan Carrick, Rooney, Kagawa

United 2-2 City Rooney, Rvp Aguero (2) Evra S/O

Norwich 0-4 United Kagawa, Rvp, Mata, Januzaj

United 1-0 West ham Kagawa

United 3-0 Arsenal Januzaj (3)

Cska Moscow 1-2 United Wernbloom Hernandez (2) Wernbloom S/O

Hull 0-1 United Mata

Norwich 0-4 United (Captial One Cup) Giggs (2) Smalling Fellaini

Sunderland 0-3 Januzaj, Rvp, Rooney

United 7-0 Real Sociedad Inigo Martinez O.G, Rvp (3), Kagawa, Jones, Rooney

United 4-0 Chelsea Rvp(4)

Joint top with Everton and we are both 6 points clear of the other teams. I face Everton next. Rvp, Januzaj and Mata are destroying teams and Januzaj is 1st in the highest average in the premier league. Hopefully my form can continue.

so, finished my first season.

my DOF is happily eating my wage budget, giving players new contracts

oh and I looked up that Michy Batshuayi guy, he does indeed seem to bang them in, looks actually not that bad a striker to sign.

last league game of the season against Southampton, who needed to win to have a chance at finishing 2nd (wouldn't have mattered either way as Chelsea won)

EC3700DE2B7A8CA9CC270EE8849DC8A2F01BFB0D

Rafael, gets the ball, cuts inside runs into the box, and curls it into the top corner O.O

C0AF7DFBC5877E21B456B055D919AAA13C7B3861

shame Adnan was injured for the last couple of games there

15484BE1853AC7003001804502D5484FCA4598EE

needed a whole 2 goals for 100 :(

854EA9C30FBA4C6CBA29F3F31B020DB0DE249636

thier goals were stupid, thier 1st, was the ball pinging about in the box off many players.. annoying when that happens, thier second, De Gea tries to control the ball and pick it up, gets tackled...

A38DAF52EAE75B819AAB91EDAF7B415F53699FBD

random, but they Beat Bayern Munich in the Semis, completly annoying game, thier keeper kept saving and saving.. and saving..

8D115F656E780EBF1813E9EFFCF21298FCA1A4AD

thought this was a bit harsh.

found this useful page to show players overall work

5970700AE8C3D72CB4648275D43FC42FEBCFF48C

adnan :D

628AD942E653060D8F13389C5346C042581272B4

RvP.

E1760AF9FC734D58EB99D75FB1607DBAA47860C4

Tony V

6B37D882818D9F7663C967C9AECC326B37C96916

Rooney did decent as well, played him a bit more then I thought

13013105017E2C16E42F726C18A31017796C73D3

and Mata

Season 2 Preview

That is a beautiful sum of money you've brought in from transfers, and you've seen to have bought sensibly. Keeping that healthy bank balance :thup: I remember it was FM10 (or 09?) where Serge Aurier was a must have signing.

Good start to the Prem, 4 cleansheets is brilliant! My first 2 games of the new season have ended 5-0 and 5-1, happy with that myself :D

Regarding Stanciu; I have experience with both him and Iancu, yet I can't decide who is better (sometimes get them confused as well). Have avoided both on this save to keep things fresh... but 6 assists is amazing!

Season Summary 2015/16 Preview/Update

Thought I'd do a little update on the club in my save, with lots of new faces all developing fast... it would also nice to have this documented for future reference. Still disappointed from 2 years of intakes, we have only got a 4* and 3* potential regens. New signings from the end of season update is Kovacic £27m, Barkley £35m and Varane £24m.

Squad Update

GK: David De Gea - Sam Johnstone

- David De Gea asked for a massive wage bump, with Courtois' future not determined and possible cheap/free transfer at the end of the season... I wasn't going to give in, but thought better of it and handed him a decent wage. Sam Johnstone is the perfect HG backup GK, he gets a lot of games for me (20ish a season) to keep him happy as well.

RWB: Rafael - Gino Peruzzi

- Rafael is one of the top 3 players in the squad (along with fellow wing back Shaw). Puts in incredible shifts and his link up play is awesome, many bids have come in for him but he isn't leaving any time soon. Peruzzi is like a Rafael clone in pretty much all ways, almost matches is average rating as well.

LWB: Luke Shaw - Jonathan Silva

- What was said about Rafael is echoed for Shaw, he is brilliant. It is the first time I have got hold of him on FM14 and developed him properly. With 2 seasons of first team football, he has come on leaps and bounds. England and United #3 for years to come. Silva isn't quite of the same mold, he is a lot more solid defensively and doesn't have the same dribbling skills of the others in the squad. He has plenty of time to work on it though, along with his off the ball.

CB: Raphael Varane - Facundo Cardozo - Jonny Evans

- Varane wasn't needed, but wasn't allowing him to go to Many City/Chelsea for £24m. He is amazing for his age and was surprised Real Madrid was allowing him to leave. He is my first choice LCB, with Cardozo giving up his spot from last season. Cardozo is amazing and hadn't even heard of him until this United save, a beautiful alternative to forum favourite 'Balanta'. Unfortunately Evans is right down the pecking order, he wont get many games this season but I wont neglect him too much.

CB: Thiago Casasola - Chris Smalling

- Casasola went from shaky young CB in the first season, to solid first choice last season to average 8.8 at the start of this season. I can't wait for 3-5 more years when he starts coming into his peak, he and Varane/Cardozo will have a partnership to be feared. Smalling is solid and English, he will be staying and always puts in a 7.5 shift when called upon.

CDM: Phil Jones © - Nicolas Nkoulou

- Jones was always suppose to slot back into CB after I had signed a proper half back, but his perfomances at CDM and unavailability of Javi Martinez has caused him to play 2 seasons and now the rest of his career here. I want to get him to natural at CDM. Nkoulou was always going to be purchased for CDM (also being trained) and hasn't disappointed for £10m, a physical presence like Jones who slots into CB when the wing backs bomb on.

CM: Lucas Romero - Leon Goretzka

- This is the more industrious side of the CM pairing, Romero will run all day, then all night. He is every managers dream and he does it so well. He is the first name on the team sheet for big games and against strong midfields. Goretzka has a lot of work to do, he isn't quite the same as Romero, a lot more B2B... but prefer him over the other 3 CM's for this role.

CM: Marco Verratti - Mateo Kovacic - Nick Powell

- The more creative, B2B central midfielder. Verratti has come so far since signing him in the first season, he can pick a pass anywhere on the pitch. He has only played 1 of the first 3 games of the season and picked up 3 assists. Kovacic the new boy was brought in because Pogba/Kroos was unavailable, not a bad back up buy at all... stolen from under the noses of City/Chelsea again, he is almost an identical player to Verratti and perfect for the partnership. Unfortunately for Powell, the introduction of Kovacic meant he has gone down a notch, but same as Evans, wont get neglected and will play throughout the season.

RW: Adnan Januzaj - Ross Barkley

- Adnan, oh Adnan... the magician of the team! I would love to find his carbon copy for the left wing but I can't quite come across one. He can do everything and anything, he is also another first name on the teamsheet. Ross Barkley was signed specifically for RW and will be retrained. Not as fast as Adnan but almost as creative with more of an eye for goal. It was a big fee, but if I can get him firing from RW, I will look like a genius.

LW: Marco Reus - Danny Welbeck

-Still mixed feelings about Reus, but I am giving him another season to try and impress me, will be harsh to judge him on his first. Welbeck has been playing LW for me now for almost 18 months and he really plays well there. The LW has been set up to play as close to the striker as possible, so he isn't too far from his natural position. This is the area I really want to sort out for next season!

ST: Wayne Rooney - Angelo Henriquez - James Wilson

- With RVP gone, Rooney has really shone. He does everything you want a CF to do and more. It will be really hard to find a true replacement for him when the time comes. Wilson isn't quite the same type of player, but still has a bright future... he not only scores but creates as well which I found surprising (a good surprising of course!). Angelo is finally getting his chance this season, hopefully he can kick on and improve now with all our quality coaches at the club. If not, this is another area I will be looking at for next season.

Training/Coaching

I have finally managed to get my coaches and star rating looking like this;

d0aa974b7b83daf8439c3e7eb834e5b4.png

This is pretty much the best I can do right now (until coaches develop, I presume they develop!). This is my coaching set up for the first team, in case anyone wants to get the same coaches and set up going, I know how annoying it is going through and looking for coaches:

Strength: Anselmo Sbraglia

Aerobic: Tony Colbert

Tactics: Dave Billows

Ball Control: Marcel Lucassen

Defending: Massimo Carrera

Attacking: Marco Landucci

Shooting: Rene Meulensteen

Shot Stopping: Alessandro Nista (Also assistant manager)

Handling: Oscar Rodriguez

Youth Intake

Nobody to write home about yet, just two players which neither look to break into the first team. Hopefully this year will bring me a quality striker or winger I can get started on tutoring and training ready for the future. I never EVER have a good luck with youth intake, always jealous of other people and their wonderkids.

Johnny Morris - AMC - A creative spark. Would be brilliant if I played with an attacking midfielder. I am training him to LW to see if he has a future at the club, he has the right starting attributes and has already had a successful loan spell away from the club.

Andy Bracewell - ST - Looks like he could become a solid poacher in the future. He will be staying at the club for at least 3 more years to see any further development.

Manchester United 2018/19

Completed the 18/19 season over the weekend, finishing off with the Premier league title and FA Cup, added to the Charity Shield, Super Cup and World Club Cup. I was disappointingly knocked out to eventual winner Real Madrid in the Champions League quarter final though.

So, the FA Cup final. Was pretty much over at HT, but Chelsea pulled 2 back but we were in no real danger:

2po8jk8.png

We wrapped up the league on the final day, we beat Stoke at home while Chelsea lost away at Reading:

a0gf37.png

Here are a few individual awards:

35avud1.png

23itg6q.png

svqwrb.png

f1wbyu.png

Moving onto Moyes watch…

23roaw9.png

And Mancini returns!

2nr2cn7.png

So far in the Summer, I've picked up Oscar from Bayern Munich (Chelsea sold him) for a hefty £68m, but I couldn't resist :D

Also picked up this lad from Barcelona:

i70mqo.png

And finally, I can't say no to this :)

1hfmv5.png

Season    League             League Finish   FA Cup         League Cup    Europe              Charity Shield     Super Cup    World Club Cup    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Premier League     1st             Runner's Up    Winners       [CL] Runner's Up    Winners            -            -                 Manager of Year
2014/15   Premier League     1st             5th Round      Winners       [CL] Winners        Runner's Up        -            -                 Manager of Year
2015/16   Premier League     1st             5th Round      Runner's Up   [CL] Semi Final     Winners            Runner's Up  Winners           -
2016/17   Premier League     2nd             Winners        Runner's Up   [CL] Quarter Final  Winners            -            -                 -
2017/18   Premier League     1st             3rd Round      Winners       [CL] Winners        Winners            -            -                 Manager of Year
2018/19   Premier League     1st             Winners        Quarter Final [CL] Quarter Final  Winners            Winners      Winners           Manager of Year

I've decided to do something a bit unusual with my save.

The plan was always to clear out all the "real" players ASAP, but after 5 seasons of success, I still have 13 original players:

manchester-united_-squad-players1.png

So, we're about 50:50 in terms of real:newgen split.

However, I narrowly avoided somehow being ejected in favour of Jurgen Klopp following a takeover (he was attending games and all the news reports implied that the new CEO wanted him in place). Stuttgart appointed him instead, so I seem to have avoided a highly illogical sacking.

This has, for some reason, prompted me to seriously consider selling all thirteen "real" players in the summer transfer window at the end of season five. Remember - I'm using FMC, so have no squad gelling nonsense to worry about.....

Step one is this keeper coming in:

shintarc3b4-nakazawa_-overview-profile.png

Even though I rate De Gea more highly that ter Stegen, De Gea will be sold as he is a year and a half older than the German international, and he has hit his development ceiling whereas ter Stegen hasn't.

Nakazawa cost an eye-watering £30.5m from Porto, but having sold Nick Powell to Spurs for £37.5m, it's just indicative of the state of the market.

Our budget is £280m, so this mass clearout could easily be on.....

A couple more randomly plucked South Americans add to my options:

The first guy is someone who could well be the Nunzio Riccardi of my FM14 save. I will use him as an AP (A) in my 4-4-2 diamond, and he's already very good for that Role / Duty combination. His Creativity and Decisions are a touch low, but these Mental attributes can develop well with the passing of time, so I'm optimistic he can be a true star.

matonense_-overview-profile.png

Diego is a tricky one. He lacks in key areas like Passing and Creativity, but excels in numerous areas, especially physically. I have two forward Roles (F9 and CF (A)), and his deficiencies in Passing and Creativity will affect his contribution to both. One to watch.

diego_-overview-profile.png

My planned clearout stalled somewhat, because I was too busy cocking about with tactics as usual.

I'd planned all sorts of things. Primarily moving from my narrow diamond with 2 STs at the top, to a narrow diamond with 2 DMs at the bottom.

In the end, the balance of my squad meant that I'm giving this a whirl:

manchester-united_-tactics-team1.png

All very simple. CWBs peg it up field and cross or cut in to score. CMs (have different PIs) offer depth of attacking runs. F9 creates space by dropping deep, CF Roams about a bit. DLP drops back to cover the space when the HB drops deep.

Many "real" players remain still:

manchester-united_-squad-players2.png

Those we have sold, have covered the outlay on newgens:

man-utd_-transfers-transfer-history.png

having a storming preseason

6BC52D3CF7C40DE32C6C589C68DFE35786B39DF5

0A3F3E1C9876C62FA7526419946AD2BCE0B99040

only injury Tony V does his hamstring, shame really he was beating 2-3 men per dribble in that game too.

7220F9321537A2E50C0B32495208B25E6B89B09E

DF92BC156D723F6764929FD2BF5A2940733E01C7

transfers, also picked up Barbosa, but he won't arrive yet due to age rules. same with that mexican newgen

Pjanic was a great buy at £4.8m plays in CM as a bonus, bought him for wing play mainly, makes the Valencia Injury a little less annoying.

well season started poorly, after all these storming preseason wins.

A299A0DC2F21246508DEF4E4A8720F1378E058BE

another great win

B46C4AF862D61ACF6A3B5630AAEE803D2F0EADA9

all well so far..

then Draw away at newcastle (set pieces and set piece aftermaths... I concede to draw 2-2, Adnan scores a worldie to tie the game)

64FB9FE1EF7DF1F5DAD420CC483D672C07215CBD

good result V villa though, and Giggs scoring a goal from CM, he was unlucky not to last season.

A544CCA50F994AA84B9416BFF8306861BBA739C5

concede to yet another stupid corner.

Monaco were annoying me, they bid £30m on Jones and £30m on Januzaj

so I stole thier Transfer

BCB3078934E78DBA29B445890D95B01ACC459BAA

C7ADF041C178B74AFDB0866360173D3D56934225

and a bonus :D, I use IF, might help, struggling with no Tony V.

When the goals were flying in, in the first 10 minutes... I couldn't believe it :D Was sure I was gonna hit double figures.

--

Currently clicking on endless squads, looking at regens and scouting them. My scouts had naturally found a few 4.5* and one 5*. I have now found another two 5* and a couple 4.5* :D Not sure if I should start buying at the end of the 3rd season (this season), and getting them in and around the team/u21s.

Started a new game with Manchester United

Staff Out:

Steve Round - Mutual Termination £2.2M

Chris Woods - Mutual termination - £725K

Jimmy Lumsden - Mutual termination - £800K

Staff in:

Mike Phelan

Rene Meulensteen

Ray Clemence

Great start with the Staff :applause:

had a transfer budget of £19M

Went through the players this is what I sold:

Rio Ferdinand - QPR £1 Million

Nani - Real Madrid - £17.5M

Evra - PSG £2.5M

Buttner - Spurs £3.5M

Fellaini - Arsenal -£15.5M

Young - AC Milan - £14.2M

Cleverley - Everton £8.25M

Fletcher - Spurs £5.5M

Total £67.95M

Below Players on Loan at the moment

Anderson - look to sell Jan/End of season

Bebe - look to sell Jan/End of season

Macheda - look to sell Jan/End of season

Player Search in progress.....

Scout's Task's

Toninho Cruz - Sent to Portugal

Antonio Lopez - Sent to Spain

Nils Schmaler - Sent to Germany

Started a game with United today. First window transfer budget off.

Playing a 4-2-3-1 and it's been working as I sit on top of the table with 5 wins in a row from the 5 that have been played.

De Gea - Goalkeeper ( Defend )

Rafael / Jones - Full Back ( Automatic )

Evans / Ferdinand - Central Defender ( Defend )

Vidic / Smalling - Central Defender ( Defend )

Evra / Buttner - Full Back ( Automatic )

Carrick / Giggs - Deep lying playmaker ( Support )

Fellaini / Cleverly - Ball Winning Midfielder ( Defend )

Valencia / Januzaj - Winger ( Attack )

Rooney / Kagawa - Attacking Midfielder ( Attack )

Mata / Welbeck - Advanced Playmaker ( Attack )

RVP / Hernandez - Advanced Forward ( Attack )

Would be getting the transfer budget in November and my main focus would be to sign a midfielder. Can't get rooney to perform though. Any advices ?

midfielder, the Benders are 20-30m each.

Raus has a 29.5m buyout.

depends what turns up, each game is differant.

and my next match is Everton away.... one think i know. I'll do that game better then Moyes.

just had a look where Moyes is... he is unemployed... and they really need to tone down his tactical Knowledge? it is about 10 points too high.

MY DOF is moaning about wages now.. Doria on 50k a week, and Alveraz Balanta on 50K a week, play in the first team are on too much for thier skill apparantly.. as is Robben.

my DOF was the one giving out contracts to Balanta and Doria in the first place....

anywho, games. and other annoyances

9149FF5C0CEAF48AB99FD7DAF217D739981DD71D

Beat Everton 2-1

then went and won 2-0 away in Europe, against Feyenoord (dutch champions...)

F9A713D4F25BD74D98542DC459EB93979E48642C

top of the league... unless chelsea win.

they did, now second in the league, reached the end of september Unbeaten, as have Chelsea and...... Wigan(wtf)

A5F3F02788A689A0271C4E853732A9A73BE5DE14

most frustrating match to watch ever, so many goal line clearences and saves.

15D746C6275CBB84E9470FB729A59F81A0033861

Moyes' first role since I took over.....

its a sign.

and I'm sorry but... what? i'm underdogs at HOME?

6EDE4ECB2A31DA042B13876E97F4DA54479FF814

Season Summary 2015/16

2013/14 Update

2014/15 Update

2015/16 Preview/Squad Update

Above is my previous updates of my United save for the curious. This season was more successful than the last, getting the sextuple... but still not everything, missed out of the Capital One Cup. The young squad is slowly maturing and gaining experience, becoming stronger by the game. Even if I have been dominating and winning everything, the save continues to be fun for squad development.

Transfers

There wasn't much to do transfer wise, we had young strong squad which was capable of going another season without any transfers. I did need a back-up quality RW though, as Zaha didn't perform for me (but has been absolutely outstanding for Spurs/England since leaving). My main aim was to get Pogba and Javi Martinez, and in the end got neither... woops!

Transfers In - Transfers Out

I have spoken about them in my squad update, but I will go over my transfers again this season. We spent a lot on 3 players, and all have been justified and amazing, with no regrets on their fees. Kovacic was a quality buy, he was already on my shortlist and when Chelsea/Man City had bids accepted... I couldn't allow him to join a rival. Although he wasn't needed, I purchased any way as you could always find a place for a player of his quality. He ended up in the Premiership team of the year, and racking up 5 goals and 10 assists in the Prem.

Next up was Varane, who again was on my shortlist when Man City had a remarkably cheap £24m bid accepted, although I had 4 CB's already I couldn't pass him up and made sure he would be playing football on the red side of Manchester for the coming season. He is unbelievably good, averaging 7.6 in the Prem while his Champions League performance averaged 8.08. He is and always will be a starter, forming a lovely partnership with Casasola... giving Smalling/Cardozo as the other partnership. Evans unfortunately didn't get a look in after Varane's arrival and will be leaving on a free at the end of the season.

Last up was Barkley who was a risky expensive buy to play out of position at RW. Both Oxlade-Chamberlain and Sterling were gonna cost more than I was willing to pay, so Barkley seemed to have the right attributes to play the RW position in my tactics (which is RW, as an inside forward similar to a second striker with the left wing doing the same making a front 3 playing close football together) and would be similar to his natural AMC position. He did the business playing second fiddle to Januzaj and sometimes coming on upfront to cause problems. He bagged 8 goals and 11 assists in his first season for us and you can't really ask for much more.

The only player to leave that was noteworthy, was Zaha for £18m, which is why he is the only one I have linked. I didn't fancy selling any of my players this season (although I did receive an absurd amount of offers) and any other players to leave were terrible and left for free. (I am looking at you Bebe).

Summary of Competitions

Premier League - Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2 - Table

Continuing from last season, more goals were scored. Oh boy more goals were scored... we didn't have any problems hitting the net this season. Incredibly had two 8-1 results this year and a lot of hammerings. We even set a Prem record on goals scored, beating the old Villa record of 128 by 2 goals. The goal difference compared to other teams is incredible, and I am actually really pleased. Annoyed I still haven't done an unbeaten run yet though!

Community Shield - Fixtures

Yawn, another game against Chelsea... this time it didn't actually matter too much, but we won and I love how seriously this game takes the Community Shield.

Capital One Cup - Fixtures

I wanted to win everything this season, so took squad selection more serious than previous seasons in the Capital One cup... but we got knocked out by new Prem boys Huddersfield which is frustraing! Maybe next year.

FA Cup - Fixtures

Another joyous final against Chelsea, but thanks to an Adnan double with a beauty of a free kick in the dying moments... we got the better of them again. Jose must absolutely hate me. We had a pretty easy run to be honest, so we got a bit lucky with the run in.

Champions League - Fixtures

We didn't play Chelsea in the final! Hooray! Another solid campaign with Welbeck claiming the top scorer award and Januzaj being the best player award. Funnily, the team of the tournament was all United players except 3. Galatasary was an interesting opponent in the final, after they knocked out Bayern on away goals.

Super Cup - Fixtures

Adnan scores in another cup final, the kid is made of awesomeness. Was a routine win, with Valencia not really being in with a shout of a win. Will have French opposition of Monaco next season, hopefully put up a better fight than PSG.

Club World Cup - Fixtures

It's a pretty easy competition isn't it. It is almost Community Shield levels of 'I don't really care'... glad we won though, would of been annoyed if we didn't despite what I just said, aha.

As usual, here is a picture of my top scorers and assisters, just to give you a quick summary of the top performers directly related to goals (as my defenders are always highly rated but don't get a look in here) - Link - Was so close to beating last years total of 3 players getting 20 or over, Reus really upped his game this year and I am so glad I kept him. He got into the team of the year and won PFA player of the year. Adnan was simply incredible, words cannot describe how good he actually is on the new patch. So much so, here is a segment dedicated to him;

Adnan Januzaj

You've all got your own games and would love to see how you're playing him, where, what roles and how he is performing for you. As he is one of the top rated stars on the game, it is great to have him already at the club so you can nurture him from a young age. I have him as AMR (natural after re-training) playing as an IF close to Rooney. He is improving every year and simply did a clean sweep of most awards this year, nationally, continental and internationally.

346937783cbe5c226f828c14208ef29e.png

Still only rated 4* out of the potential 5*, and if he just stayed how good he is now I wouldn't ever complain :D simply unstoppable on his day (which coincidentally is every day!)... here is the sweep of awards he did this year, which includes European Golden Boy which isn't shown in the screenshot, as this is end of year and Euro's awards. Below you can see the improvement he has made in the league each season, unfortunately he was pipped to the golden boot by WBA's Hooper, which nearly made me delete my save and burning my laptop.

adb0fe0393329375ded4fe7ccc7df491.png

Next Season

Last update I said; "Quite simply, win everything"... this time I actually mean, I really do want to win everything. I was close this year!

I have upped my chase during the summer for my 3rd attempt at getting Pogba, although I am not getting my hopes up after £90m bid has been rejected. You can see in my screenshot for transfers in, that I have brought in a new player which I didn't talk about as he is a regen and is included in next seasons transfers, I just bought him while this season was "officially" still in process. He will probably replace Henriquez who didn't perform in my system, but this new German star looks to be completely different, as he has been scoring for Dortmund in the Champs League at 16/17.

I have £110m to spend, with almost £40m of that spent already. I have my eyes on a 5* LWB from Fulham who looks incredible, they want close to £45m for him... so before I sell Jonathan Silva to be replaced by him... I want to make sure there isn't any other players that I may want before spending such a crazy amount on him (I am looking at you, Pogba!)

Januzaj is crazy, I play him either in the Hole or IF on the right, although dunno how he is going to play on the right for a season or too, with Valencia and Robben there.

he just did this playing in the Hole

232D78B98404B785F00B01E25641316359E0BBF5

0BB953B80B4A2223012468E2556C616665090E69

Rooney asked for a new challange, so I allowed him to do this... while slapping a hefty pricetag on him.

I'm having the same problems like every year.. played four seasons, won almost everything on this FM(not on FM13 , then i didn't won a lot) .. in season 4 i won all possible prices , i didn't spend a lot of money etc.. i was on semi prof footballer repuation, attribute masking..

Then i started a game with Vitesse , later with Rangers and a lower league team..

After they fired Moyes, i want to start again (The problem is i can't continue a game when i quit playing a save for a few week/months.. so i can't continue my old save).. and play a system (i know not like man utd would do it IRL) without wingers and with Giggs,scholes,Butt in the staff.

Now i'm afraid that when i start over, i will lose my focus quickly ... Anyone has a solution for this ? A challenge ( a set of rules ?)

Could always set yourself the challenge that you're only allowed to use players generating from the youth system?

----

Ended up started again after having a play around to get used to the feel of the game again!

Signed Mitrovic, Balanta, Souttar and Zivkovic - shipped out Cleverley and a whole host of players on loan.

Into October at the minute but performing really well. Gave James Wilson his debut in a Champs League Group Stage game against Basle; he came on at half-time and finished with a hat-trick! Will post an update at the end of the season!

When i heard Moyes had gone I thought I should start a new save with Man Utd and see what I can do...

End of 2013/14 Season

Line up (Tactics used from Seatons invincibles)

GK - De Gea

DR - Rafael

DC - Vidic

DC - Ferdinand

LB - Shaw

CM - Verratti

CM - Romero

AMR - Chamberlain

AMC - Rooney

AML - Mata

SC - RVP

Transfer History:

Start with 15mil/2.3mil wages but when speaking to the board they will happily increase these. For incoming I make use of the addons like 48 installments where possible

Out: Valencia, Kagawa, Hernandez, Young a bunch of loans total 69.28mil

In: Verratti, Shaw, Romero, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Caulker spent £108mil.

Performance:

Premier League - Champions

Champions League - Champions

FA Cup - 4th round

Capital one Cup - 3rd round

Community Shield - Winners

I played some of the youth players in the early rounds of the cups try and blood them in may not do that next season.

I am losing Vidic and look to have Caulker as his replacement and tutoring by Rio as Vidic was not interested. Once that is over I will get a replacement for Rio!

I will preview 2014/15 season once pre-season is over!

Pre-Season

2014/15 You can see I havent really added to the line up apart from fully integrating Caulker.

Line up (Tactics used from Seatons invincibles)

GK - De Gea

DR - Rafael

DC - Caulker

DC - Ferdinand

LB - Shaw

CM - Verratti

CM - Romero

AMR - Chamberlain

AMC - Rooney

AML - Mata

SC - RVP

I got given 60mil as my transfer budget and 2.6mil wages

Transfers In:

Leighton Baines, Kurt Zouma, Oscar, Gino Peruzzi total 98mil

Transfers Out:

Buttner, Fellaini, Cleverley, Nani, Lindegaard, Fletcher total 65mil. Plus my frees that went I have youngsters going to Crewe and Wolves who my feeder teams are.

I bought Baines in after losing Evra, he will rotate with Shaw and also perfect tutor for Shaw hopefully England will see those benefits. Zouma is who I expect to replace Rio with and provide the competition with Jones and Smalling. Oscar will provide competition to my attacking midfielders. Possibly use him playing behind James Wilson in 2 years time.

Once This season is over I will give you the review!

Archived