FM14: Manchester United FC Thread - Dawn of a New Evra!

batty1

Love it when top geams got relegated, I had some fun when Athletico go relegated on FM12.

won the Champions league

4C3D7CDD9C6EA61116152603463F466F74E9BC34

deserved to win the game, Dunno how RvP missed the penalty, looked certain to be going in, keeper somehow saved it then it hit the post and bounced out :(

was missing Bender and Bernard who i would have prefered to play.

Lewendowskis Penalty in the shootout was appauling, it ROLLED wide...

still used Valdes who save Barcas 2 penalties that they missed, thought he would be up for a game against his old club.

B7145A3C2D759FBB4B7833795A7A20F57AFC8AE8

RvP top scorer and assister for my team.

Zaha getting 13 goals for Aston Villa also is quite nice

results, a very big mixed bag, 4-0 away win at Southampton a highlight on the first page, unexpected given the previous results and what happened in other Away fixtures (fair few hard fought draws) and the draw away to Middlesborough was shocking.

A0475E6EB620A723C1907660D7BFC046C15B6C6C

C9740A5F21D838BB8DB5EF158030753E318717AC

5B329B60272F8B3BABED6A146D381F735918BB41

results not that spectaular, too many goals conceded, couldn't be hellped usualy a corner or a dodgey backpass, from the wst brom to MK dons I ran a very solid Papadopolous + Balanta with CD partnership with Bender+Carrick in central mid, was the most solid, although Doria was handy in a few fixtures to deal with corners.

only 36m to spend on transfers, so not going wild, and no need to, just bought mostly Midfielders as Fletcher, Carrick and Barry are getting on a fair bit so will need a few more.

E159894BE8B3FDBC7F2EF81711ADB2E113110F5A

loaned back to Everton, not really needed just yet.

C6799C35200B9CFDB738C218950D95DF5D5C1603

transfer listed at RM, picked up for peanuts.

CDD90F4A4D8CB0246A96EFD60CD0F5AE039679E6

was watching this guy for a season or so, decided to buy him before someone else did and before he cost massive money. 9 clubs were afther him.

910E756EDB35383C78C44B05D95B196A75DBEF82

Transfer listed at Derby, so got for a decent price, might possibly be the replacement to Carrick, but we shall see

E4FF0C2B232903992DB2CD9A3429A77AC35B50DE

Bargain player this guy. good for a few years down the track when you get a few more aging players.

197D9F51D1141D186CC4618D026F51A8F728244D

super wing back from China, only issue being he doesnt play in a back 4. maybe more shirt sales though :D looks like a very good winger as well.

ok to explain tactic further. ther basic tactic with players I prefer in those roles currently (although midfield and defence pretty hard to pick)

80B74297063822A5F4589F23EEBC0F71B792C09B

although I don't think the average player position heatmap is the best indicator, it shows that generally my players keep thier shape and how the tactic behaves

champions league final

35BCA45060F4A36061660AC70797E0E6F3519AA2

this was a league match against southampton

002564F99C9E06E746F48FD4D202950C9FB62062

an example in an away game, same shape, midfielders are on average a bit deeper including the L/R midfield.

61CAFD7CF1CBA0DD64819B992F8C6B79FB3A1EF2

another, against Bayern

B015E4A345729CCB4EC643388DF33CA04014BEBD

so in Defending I keep a back 4, and my central DM drops back or holds, wingers same giving a flat 4, while the DLF links the play, could say a 4-4-1-1 when defending depending how deep the DM drops and in Attack 2-2-2-2-2 (figure 8 ;) to best discribe the shape)or 4-2-3-1, in attacking sence nearly every blade of grass on the attacking side is covered. wingers recieve the ball there and run out from that position when recieving the ball, or will come inside and steal the ball before cutting outside and running down the wings. it is solid, no one is pulled out of roles often, the oppositions average positions against me are deeper and not always in the shape of the formation set. and I used Bayern and Barca games here to show i'm not scewing it by showing easy games.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nicely done scott :)

And bhara... liverpool relegated. . Good good. Can you let me know when they get promoted again please?

They got relegated in 2016/17 on my game. 18th place on just 32 points after just 7 wins, 11 draws and 20 loses.lol. Was amazed because in the previous season they finished 5th.

Due to relegation they sold £100m of players, with suaraz going for a mere £7.75m to newcastle.

These are their championship positions after that;

17/18: 9th

18/19: 6th

19/20: 3rd

20/21: 3rd

21/22: 3rd

22/23: 2nd and promoted.

Also ... spurs relegated in 21/22, though they bounced straight back up with a 3rd place and playoff win in 22/23.

Will let you know , doubt I will follow them but the derby will be hyped up, so will know then

What better site for a United fan

EzSRZjJ.png

qTXGjWV.png

Probably my best game interms of how tough it was. Lost my best winger to injury and down to ten men at 1-1 on 60 mins but still managed to hold off and beat Barca at OT in extra time

Both Liverpool and Everton got relegated at the end of my 3rd season :)

BewpQfR.jpg?2

not a bad start to the league

won community shield 2-1

5A8D5F8DEF73367E892C6806893E1C5614943B95

followed by a 2-1 win away to fulham

5EB06FCDFD7A73D3FAB056D8E6A7909A7826B2DD

then this great win, always struggle against newcastle, Montoya sent off for a 2 footed tackle, after a chain of 5 tackles from either side.

Love Alonso, great attacking threat from central mid

I thought I'd chip my input after playing the first season with Man U

Had a good season won the League Cup, League & Champs League as well as the Community Shield. I wouldn't have bother much with the League Cup if I'd noticed that the board weren't bothered about it before I won it. I crashed out of the FA Cup early on due to getting a replay with Spurs whilst most of my 2 starting lineups were all on International Duty, Spurs had the same problem but I had to line up with Rio Ferdinand at the back with a bunch of 19 year olds & no recognised striker & lost 4-3

At the start of the season I brought in Kyle Walker (15m) for a bit of depth at Right Back & Tom Ince (3m) as a young Left Winger. Ince immediately went to Villa on loan the day I signed him. A bunch of young players also went out on loan

My typical setup after a few games was generally like this:

GK De Gea (played every match)

FBL (A) Evra / Fabio. Buttner got a few games here too & was decent

CD (X) Jones/ Evans ©

CD (X) Vidic/ Smalling

FBR (S) Walker/ Rafael

WL (S) Kagawa/ Nani

DLM (D) Carrick/ Giggs/ Fletcher

BBM(S) Fellaini/ Cleverly

WR (A) Valencia/ Young

DLF (S) Rooney / Wellbeck

AF (A) RvP/ Hernandez

Tried to keep the Tactics simple. 4-4-2, Attacking, Balanced with the shouts Drop Deeper, Stay on Feet, Pass into Space, Be More Expressive Took me the most time to figure out the roles for RvP & Rooney, 10 games into the season & the Centre Backs were outscoring them. F9 & Shadow Striker just didn't work for Rooney & Complete Striker wouldn't work for RvP

If I was losing too much possession I'd drop the Pass into Space. If I felt Fellaini was getting too far forward I'd switch him to to a BWM (S). I'd quite often switch the Wingers A & S roles which then meant changing the FBs A& S roles & swapping the Midfield & Forward central partnerships around. If I was hanging on to a lead I'd switch to Counter & adjust the roles

Notes:

Smalling, De Gea & Jones came on leads & bounds, all 3 now have 5* potential

Vidic was a rock at the back

I didn't play Ferdinand much

Fabio was rotated early on in the season with Evra & didn't impress me, he then got sent off & Buttner then rotated with Evra. Buttner got injured so Fabio came back & really impressed, making some great runs into the box, creating & getting on the end of chances, never actually scoring though

All the wingers impressed me & contributed greatly. I'm surprised some of you guys were so desperate to get rid of them. Valencia got 14 goals & 12 assists for the season & Nani, after his injury, came into the squad & got 6 from 20 games

Ince was impressive for Villa & got himself in the England WC squad, Zaha did fairly well at Newcastle too

The central midfield pairing played pretty well all season. Cleverly, Anderson & Fletcher rarely featured with Giggs performing better than I though he would

The biggest surprise up front was Hernandez who got 20 goals in all competitions.

RvP & Rooney started slow but RvP ended up with the Golden Boot with 24 league goals & both were in the Premier League XI at the end of the season.

The biggest disappointment was Wellbeck, never played well, got 4 goals then got a nasty injury toward the end of the season

Now I'm in preseason & enjoying the World Cup. Players leaving on frees are Giggs, Ferdinand & Macheda, some youngsters have already gone out on loan & Arsenal have just made an enquiry for Cleverly. I've asked for £20m so I'll see what they get back with. Buttner's been sold to Fulham for £2.5m & Januzaj has gone to Marseille on loan for the season.

I've signed in:

Huddleston from Hull £6m to take Giggs' spot

Caulker from Cardiff £15m to take Ferdinand's spot

Wilfried Bony from Swansea £10m because I liked the look of him & Wellbeck's crocked for 6 months

& some young guy from Reading, striker for £3m & he's already gone to Yeovil in the Championship on loan

I'm keeping close tabs on Luke Shaw but not sure wether to bring him yet with already having 2 LBs I'm happy with. I think I'll give it a season & see how Evra gets on. I'll probably end up making another couple of signings, an experienced keeper & a young more attacking minded MC may be on the shopping list with maybe a few youngsters

Ince & Zaha should be interesting this season, plan on keeping them at the club but if decent Premier League teams come in they may be loaned out again

Looking forward to the rest of prrseason now :)

Luke shaw is a beast on mine, Displaced Alaba

I tried to get Huddlestone but he chose someone else, so tell me what he is like when he plays/

Still pondering on wether to get him or not, depending on if I get the £20m from Arsenal for Cleverly, I might

Will do! Where did Huddlestone go & for how much? I tried signing him in January for £8m & told me to take a hike so I was happy with the £6m in the summer

Just finished my first season (I'll do a write up later) and PSG bid 42mill for DDG which is obviously alot of money. I stalled it to see what it would take to get Ter Stegen and the best I could do was a deal worth £29.5mill. I don't really need the money and I could buy Ter Stegen and keep DDG but no doubt one of them would get annoyed so I really don't know what to do. My big problem is that Anders got annoyed and demanded a transfer so I had to let him go so my backup is Amos who I really don't think is upto United level and Ive been trying to get rid of and Sam Johnstone who isn't really ready for a long run if DDG does get inured (which he hasn't throughout the first season)

Really can't decide what to do. Can I keep two world class keepers happy rotating them every few games (and is it good to keep changing them around) or should I either stick with what I have (and trust) or sell DDG and get Ter Stegen in

Just finished my first season (I'll do a write up later) and PSG bid 42mill for DDG which is obviously alot of money. I stalled it to see what it would take to get Ter Stegen and the best I could do was a deal worth £29.5mill. I don't really need the money and I could buy Ter Stegen and keep DDG but no doubt one of them would get annoyed so I really don't know what to do. My big problem is that Anders got annoyed and demanded a transfer so I had to let him go so my backup is Amos who I really don't think is upto United level and Ive been trying to get rid of and Sam Johnstone who isn't really ready for a long run if DDG does get inured (which he hasn't throughout the first season)

Really can't decide what to do. Can I keep two world class keepers happy rotating them every few games (and is it good to keep changing them around) or should I either stick with what I have (and trust) or sell DDG and get Ter Stegen in

Have a look at players like Khune (South African), as well as (possible) Kameni and Enyeama. In Khune's case he can set you back less than a million, will never moan at being 2nd choice and is more than capable of performing for a top side. Plus, Khune is an excellent tutor.

Still pondering on wether to get him or not, depending on if I get the £20m from Arsenal for Cleverly, I might

Will do! Where did Huddlestone go & for how much? I tried signing him in January for £8m & told me to take a hike so I was happy with the £6m in the summer

he went to Stoke I think, for similar money you got him for, instead of me, first team football i guess, got lucky and got Sven Bender for same money though.

Transfers are frustraing, I see a load of Wnt, yet no bids.

short passing, players pass a bit TOO short a lot of the time, no tactical way of fixing it, it just happens when players pass short, hence the drab game.

I pass it short but regularly have pass completion well into the 80's.

But there is a way of "fixing" the issue you mention; tell them to "Pass Into Space" despite having short passing aswell.

already have pass into space

there is clearly an issue, look at the pass completion rates for the champions league final, Barca only had 73% success AI teams dropping into 65-70%

It's not an issue;

BeDd_N3CEAAHD9Y.png:large

Every single player with a pass completion rate of 84% or above. I have even more if you want...........

it is an issue when there are posts and a thread about the issue, and has been acknowledged as an issue.

Doesn't look like an issue in the picture I posted, or in this one;

BdxziPsCYAA98aS.png:large

Apart from two players, all have completion rates of 89.9% or above.

Starting a United save and im looking to bring in top rated young players that will become quality regulars in the future any suggestions money not a issue i will deal with that thanks for the help

Sounds ominously like you'll be cheating. :D

As for young players, the usual ones spring to mind, (Luke Shaw, James Ward-Prowse, Julian Brandt, etc.), however there are some other less known ones. Angel Correa starts at San Lorenzo and can turn into a terrific player. Ruben Garcia from Levante is another great young prospect. Domenico Berardi is a young Italian striker who is also a great prospect. And leftback Alex Grimaldo who starts at Barcelona is also definitely one to look at.

Sounds ominously like you'll be cheating. :D

As for young players, the usual ones spring to mind, (Luke Shaw, James Ward-Prowse, Julian Brandt, etc.), however there are some other less known ones. Angel Correa starts at San Lorenzo and can turn into a terrific player. Ruben Garcia from Levante is another great young prospect. Domenico Berardi is a young Italian striker who is also a great prospect. And leftback Alex Grimaldo who starts at Barcelona is also definitely one to look at.

lol no just meaning i will be selling some players aswell to add to the transfer budget

Because he can sell shirts.

Eder Balanta is one of my favorite players in FM 2014, and also because I scouted him myself. Doria went to Arsenal but I've been monitoring him and he's also a complete package. Balanta can be trained to fill in at DM and is basically another Phil Jones... rock solid.

its fine, i just got 81% at home against wolves.

I still havn't found the exact cause of the rates, but i'm still winning matches, might just be i want the ball moved from back to front quickly and from the wings.

also 76% in a 7-0 win.

and it doesnt matter when winning 90+% of tackles anyway

Just lost my captain Papadopolous to AC Milan on a free transfer. Signed for me in 2015/2016 for 20.5m from Wolfsburg, won 3 League medals, 1 Champions Cup, 3 Community Shields, 1 Super Cup and 1 Club World Championship in 5 seasons. and its very likely he will have another League Medal and Champions League medal this season.

My own fault as I waited to get him to lower his wages and only realised I left it too long when AC Milan offered him a contract, he choose them over me.

Stripped him of his captaincy instantly.

Thanks for the suggestions just planning the save and im not convinced i want to keep hernandez and welbeck as my back up strikers which of the two would you sell or loan and who would you recommend to replace them was thinking huntelaar as a short term or diego costa

I've always thought that Ward-Prowse is a better prospect then Will Hughes, but every game i've seen in my different saves, he doesnt seems to attract any top players.

I see them both as very similar players and should be commanding similar requests for their services, but doesmt seems to be the case.

It's always Will Hughes signing for some top club, I suspect it's because of their transfer fees.

Ward-Prowse seems to cost more then Will Hughes, and seems to be less willing to move clubs compared to Hughes.

Hey all just finished my 3rd season winning the league, fa cup and the community shield, also lost in the CL semi final to Barcelona.

Just started using a 4-1-2-2-1 formation with the 2 wide men as IF-A and just wondering people low thoughts on the team or if they had any helpful tips

GK - De Dea / Valdes

RB - Rafael / Stones / Fabio

CB - Jones / Hersmollia (Regen, not the exact name as I'm at work)

CB - Balanta / Smalling / and another Regen

LB - Shaw / Fabio / Jonathan Silva

DM - Veratti / Pogba / Adam Rooney (Regen)

APs - Januzaj / Barkley / Cleverley

BWM - Fellaini / Pogba / Veratti

IFa (right wing) Lamela / Januzaj / Kagawa

IFa (left wing) Draxler / Bakkali / Rodrigo Gomes / Kagawa

F9s - Werner / Fierro / Henriquez

I use a control and rigid style with retain possession, pass to space and another shout I can't remember right now and the only player instructions are for the IF to play inside and the FB to stay wider

I've also got a few other players knocking around the square but none that feature regularly

No idea what drugs Janazaj is on currently in my game.

Currently 24 league matches played, 22 goals (9 penalties), 20 assists.

He has scored in the past 11 consecutive league games, 15 goals in that time. This magnificant period started from the first league match that followed a 6-1 world club championship final win where he scored a hatrick and puts him as the teams top scorer and assister

how does everyone seem to get good prices for player they sell? I struggle to get good value. I offer Anderson for his value and get offer 1/3 of what i offered. Most players are the same but i see people on here selling Rafael for 24mil, Smalling for 15-20mil and Anderson for over 10mil.

Any tips would be great? should i offer them to clubs or just place them on the transfer list?

how does everyone seem to get good prices for player they sell? I struggle to get good value. I offer Anderson for his value and get offer 1/3 of what i offered. Most players are the same but i see people on here selling Rafael for 24mil, Smalling for 15-20mil and Anderson for over 10mil.

Any tips would be great? should i offer them to clubs or just place them on the transfer list?

To be fair the only time i have ever got any decent offers are for players i don't want to sell so i dont accept them but generally its supply and demand i.e. is the player your selling worth a team paying loads of money for if there are similar players for less in terms of the overall transfer cost as well as the wage cost.

one save I had bids of over 30m for smalling, depends how they are in terms of gametime and performances even got a 42m for Rafael on that save but no point selling.

the ones I want to sell I cant sell because either no one bids or they offer stupidly low money.

if you want to sell a player, get them playing and playing well.

Yeah it seems player performances for you can have an impact on how much the buying club is willing offer you for them, I had PSG literally begging me to sell Kagawa to them for 45m after he had a fairly good season (14 assists and 14 goals, considering some niggling injuries that is a very good return). Just for the hell of it I turned it down to see if they would return with a better one, they then put 50m on the table all upfront. I reluctantly accepted it, it was a good offer but Kagawa is one my favourite players in the team.

Used a large part of the 50m to bring in Arturo Vidal to beef up the midfield further, then just to annoy Rafa Benitez I took Marek Hamsik with me as well to England. :lol:

Aye, the major point in good prices... they are a player that actually gets a decent amount of play time. If it is a player that just sits around doing nothing then they got no form to base the value on and clearly are not needed in your team else they would be playing. Seems the computer actually takes this into account now.

On other notes... Januzaj's amazing run has been brought to an end. He scored in 13 league matches in a row, didnt score in the 14th. And then scored a brace in the 15th. But also picked up an injury that will put him out for 2 weeks, meaning at least 2 matches without him including one against Man City :( However in the last 15 matches he totalled 22 goals oO

I'm rotating my squad well, far less unhappy players complaining about game time now the matches come thick and fast, and with quality of those players now less differant, always got players 100% or near enough fit to play. geting good results away from home, where strikers seem more clinical, although Valencia keeps shooting from the edge of the 6 yard box and hitting the corner flag is starting to do my head in.

3C5EA23F1A871497A78CFD0E666DB76134B8BB12

this is the 3rd team I have beaten who were 2nd place at the time of the game (Liverpool and Stoke the other 2) Chelsea kept to long range shots so produced 9 shots on target instead of the 0-2 other teams have managed.

E239F8CEBE434C5C7A0700E09EE72A6A3137DAC3

getting great away form recently, and luckily this away form landed during a good few away games. does Balanta get the ball? this game doesnt matter that much as PSG stuffed up in a previous game and I had already qualified.

and just what?

AFD5577966EBDA8E47F8148A74029A4C543F46AF

Archived