Gundo's FM14 European Adventure Challenge™

Amsterdamsche_FC_logo.png

Amsterdamsche FC 2016/17

Transfers - Table -Finances - Hafez - Tadmine

It really was a long hard slog this year, often we were looking like we'd have to be happy with a playoff spot but thankfully we just about avoided it. As you can see we didn't make too many signings so we did do extremely well to stay up, especially considering at one stage we played the entire top five in consecutive games and got some hammerings which really damaged morale.

There is certainly 4 signings coming in over the summer, all young Central and South Americans which seems to be developing some really decent talent (there's even one or two Jamaican talents i'm toying with signing) so this looks like it will be my policy for the time being as trying to get Europeans to lower their wage demands has been really tough so far even though some are starting to become available for us.

We are getting a stadium expansion which is great news (it ended up being 1000 extra seats IIRC) but I am beginning to think I should have asked a bit later on in the season now as we were selling out for every game so maybe the board would have added more if I asked later.

We also got our 3rd junior coaching increase and again work on the training and youth facilities is taking place over the summer so the board do seem to be supportive of my vision for the club.

Year      Division                Position      Dutch Cup         Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15    Eerste Divisie           8th           2nd RD            -
2015/16    Eerste Divisie           1st           3rd RD        Promotion
2016/17    Eredivisie               15th            Q/F             -

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HqDtgax.png

Stord - season 2015

League | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Amazing performance from my boys, clinching the league deservedly but only in the final fixture.

We needed to win the last match to assure the title and we were down 2-0 at halftime, but an amazing effort resulted in the most important comeback in Stord history!

Next season we'll need to be at our best. The bottom 4 teams are relegated so we'll have to be very strong and not waste points against the lower sides.

Career Overview

Season    Division        Position     Achievements
----------------------------------------------------
2014      2. Divisjon     7th
2015      2. Divisjon     1st          Promotion

Kingjericho nice comeback to clinch promotion, Nest-Sotra are usually quite decent in the earlier seasons so that's great result. I noticed in your squad; Carl-Henrik Refvik, is this the guy from Vidar? He was rated as quite a prospect in Norway not so long back, I think Viking snapped him up.

Decided I'd give one of these a proper go, chose the Danish league and this team:

52643.jpg

FC Øresund - July 2014

Manager Profile | Information | Squad

They happen to be quite close to a friend I have in Denmark! The stark difference between the club colours in FM and in real life is bugging me though.

Forgot to take the screenshots as soon as I accepted the post so these are the day after, before the first press conference. And in that time my best player has already left from the previous manager's dealings.. Nonetheless looking forward to a long and (hopefully) happy career at the helm!

I noticed in your squad; Carl-Henrik Refvik, is this the guy from Vidar? He was rated as quite a prospect in Norway not so long back, I think Viking snapped him up.
I'll check his history when I load the game. He has quality for this level but not much more though.

Amsterdamsche_FC_logo.png

Amsterdamsche FC 2017/18

Transfers -Aviles - Mhlanga -Valle Perez - Table - Finances - Alexandre - Hamalainen

Much more comfortable this season with us finishing a respectable 8th. Apart from Ajax we beat each team in the division at least once which was pleasing but it would be nice to get one over our more illustrious neighbours. More players came in over the course of the season than last year and that certainly helped our jump. This year there is only 2 places that need immediate attention and one of those is done already.

If we are to improve as a club I know the youngsters I bring in will have to be sold once decent money comes in for them and that has already happened with Perez who we signed for £275k last season and has moved to Wolfsburg for £5.25M this pre season. 3 or 4 big money moves like that could really move this club forward.

We had another capacity increase announced which will take us to 5k, but in all honesty i'd prefer the cash to have gone on training facilities and players this year. Obviously the target is to improve on last years position but I don't think we are ready for Europe yet, i'd like us to be close though just to get a bigger cut of the prize money.

Year      Division                Position      Dutch Cup         Notes
2014/15    Eerste Divisie           8th           2nd RD            -
2015/16    Eerste Divisie           1st           3rd RD        Promotion
2016/17    Eredivisie               15th            Q/F             -
2017/18    Eredivisie               8th           3rd RD            -

130px-Veszpr%C3%A9m_FC.png

Veszprém FC 2027-28 Season Review

The League

Fewer points than last year, but mostly because we did some resting towards the end of the season as at one point we were well on track for 80+ points. Videoton finished fourth!

Final Table

The Cups

We got a very tough CL draw, was very disappointed that we were still in the 3rd pot of seeds. We did well to get a draw away to Chelsea, but we were never qualifying from here. Arsenal dominated us in the Europa quarters.

Did I mention we won another treble? Done with the domestic cups now, gonna pay them a bit less respect from now on.

Domestic Cups

Europe

The Future

We've stagnated, but we have a couple of great players coming through. Gergo Filo, a 17 year old striker, scored a hattrick for me in the Magyar Kupa final.

History

2014-15 NB II - 3rd

2015-16 NB II - 1st

2016-17 OTP Bank Liga - 9th

2017-18 OTP Bank Liga - 5th, Magyar Kupa Finalists

2018-19 OTP Bank Liga - 3rd, Magyar Kupa Winners

2019-20 OTP Bank Liga - 3rd, Magyar Kupa Winners

2020-21 OTP Bank Liga - 1st, Magyar Kupa Winners

2021-22 OTP Bank Liga - 2nd

2022-23 OTP Bank Liga - 1st, Magyar Kupa Winners, Europa League Semi-Finalists

2023-24 OTP Bank Liga - 2nd, Champions League 1st Knockout round

2024-25 OTP Bank Liga - 1st

2025-26 OTP Bank Liga - 1st, Europa League Winners

2026-27 OTP Bank Liga - 1st, Magyar Kupa Winners, Liga Kupa Winners

2027-28 OTP Bank Liga - 1st, Magyar Kupa Winners, Liga Kupa Winners

Kingjericho nice comeback to clinch promotion, Nest-Sotra are usually quite decent in the earlier seasons so that's great result. I noticed in your squad; Carl-Henrik Refvik, is this the guy from Vidar? He was rated as quite a prospect in Norway not so long back, I think Viking snapped him up.
Yes, he is.

Attributes | Career stats

I think his time as a hot prospect is gone :D

Least he played his part that season though.:thup:

I have found it real difficult to recruit better players for our first season in the Adecco (1.div), been forced mainly to stick with the players that got us promoted.

2yo3new.jpg

FINNISH FIRST DIVISION

MIKKELIN PALLOILIJAT

SEASON 2014/2015 PREVIEW

Team | Manager Page | Manager Page 2 | Staff | Squad

As you can see, we are a bit short staffed at the moment, so my first goal is to fix this.

I generally play a very rigid counter 4-4-1-1, going to see if that works here in Finland!

Hopefully we can finish this season with a decent position which would allow us to gain a foothold in the Finnish First Division!

2yo3new.jpg

FINNISH FIRST DIVISION

MIKKELIN PALLOILIJAT

2014 & 2015 TRANSFERS & OFFSEASON UPDATE

Due to a depleted squad, we had to have a very large intake of new players, especially ones suitable for my tactical decisions.

Transfers

I am pretty excited with the quality of the players we were able to get. I'm especially hopeful about Ahonen and Lahdesmaki. We were also able to improve the GK position with the acquisition of Vesterinen. The squad is much deeper as a result, although we might have some problems if any of the central defenders go down for an extended period. Unfortunately I have pretty much used the entire wage budget, so other than spending the rest on a few youngsters, we are pretty much done.

Tactics

I've decided to play a positive minded 4-2-2-2, kind of like the old dominant Brazil national teams of the past. The idea here is that the FB's control the wings, while the 2 DM's basically are the connection between the defensive line and the more creative AP's. They are also an out if the play gets too congested for anything creative.

I'm going to test this during friendlies and see how it works with the current squad. As I mentioned before, I tried to sign players that are suitable for this tactic, so I'm pretty confident that it is going to be successful to some extent.

Any comments & suggestions are very appreciated!

HqDtgax.png

Stord - season 2016

A great way to start our adventure in the Adeccoligaen. Winning 12 out of 30 is way beyond what was predicted for us.

We managed to clinch 7th place but it's a bit misleading as we were below that position the entire season. We were safe from relegation at a relatively early stage, but we were also never close to the playoff places.

New striker Eimantas Marozas was our best player with great numbers and a huge contribution to our sucess avoiding relegation.

In terms of finances this was a fantastic season. We reached the quarter finals of the cup and took home almost €400k of prize money. Adding to the €378k of the league prize money we are in a very stable financial situation and I'm looking to upgrade the youth recruitment and junior coaching as soon as the board allows it.

Career Overview

2016      Adeccoligaen    7th

Kemikings.gif

PS KEMI

THE NEW KINGS OF FINNISH FOOTBALL

2014 -- INTRODUCTION

I have decided to go ahead and take on this challenge with a Finnish club since I notice in the first post that nobody has successfully completed it in that nation so I thought to myself "why not have a go?" PS Kemi are, honestly, a club I'd never heard of until this very minute but I'm looking forward to not only managing them but also learning more about them as we go along. I have attached some photos you might find interesting about the team before I begin what I am sure is going to be a whirlwind adventure.

So as you can see, I've selected to take the extra 5,000 ppa and select a mid-table finish. The way I look at it is that if I can't achieve at least a mid-table finish this season then I will likely also be relegated so it's a calculated risk that I'm willing to take. I'll have more information for you in the next update. This was just to let you all know what I'm going for!

2014      Ykkönen         N/A

Kingjericho, are you semi-pro or full time as your wage budget is quite high. Also i had no idea there was so much money in norwegian football. There is only £54K for winning my league which is rated 1.5 stars

Kingjericho, are you semi-pro or full time as your wage budget is quite high. Also i had no idea there was so much money in norwegian football. There is only £54K for winning my league which is rated 1.5 stars
Semi-pro. I think clubs in Norway only turn pro when they reach the top division.

As I said in another post there's a lot of money in Norway. The prize money in the second division (where we are currently playing) ranges from around €300k to €800k depending on the final position. Plus, reaching the quarter finals of the cup resulted in €400k more for us. Therefore the wage budget is very comfortable, and for this season I had €300k in the transfer budget!

Finally!! Had time to finish up the season, and here's the long due update.

Season 2023 Review

Logo_zps9bf6c956.png

Steinkjer FK

Season Review: We almost went unbeatable for the whole season! Only one loss which I believe is due to the long streak of wins we had which made the players complacent. The young players are developing well, and the new additions did very well, making this our best season yet.

Board expectations:

Premier Division: Champions

Media prediction: 1st

Norwegian Cup: Winner

European Champions Cup: Playoff

Results:

Premier Division: 1st | League Table | Player Stats

Norwegian Cup: Winner

European Champions Cup 2023/24: 2nd in Group G

Euro Cup: Second Knockout Round

Season Summary:

Transfers

Finances

Key Performers:

Goran Sculac: Did pretty well in the games he played, which admittedly were not as much as what they were before the arrival of Gaston Bravo. Still his performance got him selected as the 2023 Norwegian Player of the Year runner-up.

Daniel Berntsen: On the list again this year. Played him more in the MC position due to injuries we had, but he did really well, in fact, better than when he is out wide on the left. Named the 2023 Norwegian Midfielder of the Year runner-up and the Players' Premier Division Profile of the Year.

Gaston Bravo: Need I say more? Bought him last season, but he only came to the club this season. 42 goals and 30 assists in 50 games! Smashed all kinds of records for the club. Named the 2023 Norwegian Premier Division Top Goalscorer and Player of the Year.

Youth Prospect:

Batch 2023

Kristian Aae | Intake | Year 1 | Year 2 | Year 3 | Year 4 | Year 5: Looks like he's not going to be a wonderkid. Nonetheless, one of our best players at the club.

Halvor Loberg | Intake | Year 1 | Year 2 | Year 3: There's improvement definitely, but still a long way to go before he reaches his full potential.

Jan Inge Steinkjer | Intake | Year 1: Our very own mascot!!

Next Season's Goals:

1) Retain the league.

2) Get past group stage for ECC again.

3) Strengthen my defence/goalkeeper.

Year   Division          Position   Champions League   Norwegian Cup      Euro Cup          Notes
2014   Oddsenligaen      1st        -                  Quarter Final      -                 Promoted
2015   Adeccoligaen      3rd        -                  Third Round        -                 -
2016   Adeccoligaen      2nd        -                  Quarter Final      -                 Promoted
2017   Tippeligaen       6th        -                  Winner             -                 Qualified for Euro Cup
2018   Tippeligaen       2nd        -                  Runner-up          Playoff           Qualified for Euro Cup
2019   Tippeligaen       1st        -                  Winner             3rd Q.Round       Qualified for Champions League
2020   Tippeligaen       1st        Group Stage        Fourth Round       -                 EL 1st Knockout Rnd
2021   Tippeligaen       1st        Group Stage        Runner-up          1st Knockout Rnd  EL 1st Knockout Rnd
2022   Tippeligaen       1st        Group Stage        Winner             1st Knockout Rnd  EL 1st Knockout Rnd
2023   Tippeligaen       1st        Group Stage        Winner             2nd Knockout Rnd  ECC Qualified from Grp

Killyleagh 2033/34

Table | Squad | Transfers

Pretty dire season, struggled in the league summed up by losing 9-0 to Kilbride. No cup sucess either. In europe the team beat Lierse in the 2nd Q-rd before losing 6-1 on agg to Arsenal. The board improved the training facilities.

No players stood out, Henderson (135 apps) was let go, a youth product who was incredibly inconsistant with the occasional really dire game in him.

2034/35

Did well up to xmas although not too close to Linfield but the team collapsed and could barely pick up a point after that. Won the County Antrim Shield which the least important trophy. In Europe the team produced their best ever result by thrashing Goteborg 5-1 away before losing the home leg 4-2 after being 2-1 up at half time. In the next rd the team lost to Twents 3-1 on agg.

Finances are steady at about a million pounds. Gault really played well producing a goal threat from both wings, after signing McMullan, youth product Gordon (237 aps, 13 goals) was let go as he was no longer 1st choice.

2035/36

Struggled for form again and spent much of the season in 5th and looking like being out of european qualification. A good feb and mar got the team up to 3rd. In the cups the team reached the irish and all-ireland cup finals but were thrashed 5-1 and 4-1 by Linfield. The team only reached the 2nd Q-rd getting beaten 4-1 by Gent after drawing the first leg 1-1 at home.

The squad was weakened by the loss of Kearney (234 apps, 1 goals) who refused a new contract and Gault (340 aps, 71 goals) who wanted too much money. After signing Trainor last season Crawford (214 aps) was let go.

Smyth finally stepped up and had a great season and established himself as ist choice striker alongside Meehan just when i was thinking i might let him go.

This led to the retirement of club legend Teggart who was still producing a goal threat. A youth product he spent all his career at Killyleagh playing 821 games and scored 394 goals.

Season            League    Position        Europe           Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014/15         Championship 2    3rd                       None
2015/16         Championship 2    9th                       None
2016/17         Championship 2    2nd                       Promoted
2017/18         Championship 1    5th                       None
2018/19         Championship 1    3rd                       None
2019/20         Championship 1    4th                       Irish cup finalists
2020/21         Championship 1    1st       1st QF-rd EL    Irish cup Winners,Intermediate Cup winners, Promoted.
2021/22         Premiership       5th       1st QF-rd EL    None
2022/23         Premiership       4th                       None
2023/24         Premiership       3rd       1st QF-rd EL    None
2024/25         Premiership       3rd       1st QF-rd EL    None
2025/26         Premiership       4th       1st QF-rd EL    Irish cup, All-Ireland cup finalists
2026/27         Premiership       2nd       1st QF-rd EL    None
2027/28         Premiership       3rd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2028/29         Premiership       2nd       1st QF-rd EL    Irish cup, League cup finalists
2029/30         Premiership       2nd       2nd QF-rd EL    CAS winners
2030/31         Premiership       2nd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2031/32         Premiership       2nd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2032/33         Premiership       2nd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2033/34         Premiership       3rd       3rd QF-rd EL    None
2034/35         Premiership       3rd       3rd QF-rd EL    CAS winners
2035/36         Premiership       3rd       2nd QF-rd EL    None

staaljorpeland_zpsac994bea.png

Staal Jørpeland IL 2020 Adecco Season Review

This was a season that surpassed my expectations some what. There seemed to be a real togetherness about the team, especially as the season went on as I managed to keep the team unchanged were possible. We finished 6th and with that secured a play-off spot, only to suffer a disappointing 0-2 loss at the hands of Stabæk. Bærum knocked us out the cup in the first round after extra time (3-3) then penalties.

Squad.

Kjetill Hansen

I think this fans favourite is going to struggle now upped in level, because of stunted growth mainly due to the years of poor coaching/facilities.

Kenneth Småge

Had a nice season notching 10 goals before being dislodged by Andreasson.

Gøren Andreasson

Great signing this one. Super pacy and has an eye for goal.

Stefan Bjerke Christensson

Player of the season by some way and was just awesome in the number 10 role. His performances belayed his relativly poor attributes.

Next season; If we can bring in the right players that fit into our system we could go far, I will however settle for mid-table.

Season    League            Position  Norwegian Cup         Achievements       Europe     Top Scorer
  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   
2014   Second Division (3) 7th     2nd rd.           -                  N/A       (12)[i] Erik Jøssang[/i]  [color=#000000]
2015   Second Division (3) 6th      1st rd.           -                  N/A       (13)[i] Arne Dalehaug[/i][/color]  
[color=#000000]2016   Second Division (3) 2nd      2nt rd.           -                  N/A       (12)[i] Arne Dalehaug [/i][/color][color=#000000]
2017   Second Division (3) 5th      2nt rd.           -                  N/A       (15)[i] Stian Sleveland [/i][/color][color=#000000]
2018   Second Division (3) 2nd      2nt rd.           -                  N/A       (11)[i] Stian Sleveland [/i][/color][color=#000000]
2019   Second Division (3) 1st      1st rd.        Promotion!          N/A       (11)[/color][color=#000000]Kenneth Småge/[/color]Kjetill Hansen [color=#000000]
2020   Adeccoligaen         6th      1st rd.        Play-Off defeat     N/A       (11) [/color][color=#000000]G[/color][color=#000000][size=2][color=#000000]ø[/color][/size][color=#000000]ren Andreasson[/color][/color]

Decided to start playing FM again after a lot of time away. Loading up Hungary now as I had great fun playing there a couple of years ago.

Edit: According to the first post it was FM12 with Budafok. Let's see if I can get them again! :D

Edit2: Reloaded a lot, but couldn't get Budafok, so I took over Veszprém. We already have a transfer coming in.

¨

th_AK_zps7d272231.jpg

Taunton - Arsenal Kyivschyna - Season review - 2034/35 - Ukrainian Premier League

Puh! It's almost too hot for an update here in Norway now.:lol:

League: 1st (Positions) Play-off match.

Cup: Winners!

Ukrainian supercup: Winners!

Europe: Champions league group stage. Matches.

Europa league finalists.

The league went literally to the wire. Shaktar and us were tied on points before the last game. Both of us lost and despite us having the best goal difference the FA decided that the league should be decicded by a play-off match. All or nothing in the 31st match of the league. I think this was the first time it went that close.

We took the lead and held on almost to the end, but when I went for a cautious approach at the end it backfired and Shaktar equalized. So, a whole season was about to be decided in 2 x 15 min of extra time. After 6 minutes we got a penalty and missed. I was devastated and thought this was an omen of bad things to come, but fortunately we manage to show great resilience and held out for the victory and the league win 3-1. Success!!

It was a great season. Finally we are a big team capable of big things. We won the supercup against Karpaty, and the cup against Metalurg. On top of that we almost made it out of a tough CL-group and made it to the Europa-league final. There we lost against Chelsea, but it means we will be ranked among the best 35 european teams and maybe get an easier group in CL next year.

On top of that we are expanding the stadium and upgrading the youth facilities, so the future looks bright.

Best player: Ludek Danek: Got him for free last year. He has done a great job on the wing.

Top scorer: Filip Stancic: Beat Leandro to the throne. The golden boy, immense as an AMC, with his runs from deep in the box. He will only get better.

Youth prospect: Volodymyr Prytykovskyi: Almost hoping he wont come good. It will be a test for the fans to chant his name.:D

Economy: Good. As long we do well in Europe we are safe.

Key: This season (Last season)

Av. attendance: 13428 (11222)

Next season: Progress in the CL.

Season   | League   | Position  |  Cup  |  Europe   |      Top scorer        
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2014/15   | 1. div   |    9[size=1]th[/size]    | 1.rnd |   N/A     |     Denys Katryuk      (10) 
2015/16   | 1. div   |   12[size=1]th[/size]    | 1.rnd |   N/A     |     Denys Katryuk      (19) 
2016/17   | 1. div   |    5[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Denys Katryuk      (18) 
2017/18   | 1. div   |    7[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Yaroslav Serdyuk   (10) 
2018/19   | 1. div   |    1[size=1]st[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Guillermo Alvarado (12) 
2019/20   |  Prem    |   14[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Volodymyr Sokol    ( 8) 
2020/21   |  Prem    |    9[size=1]th[/size]    | Q-fnl |   N/A     |     Dmytro Batalskyi   (13) 
2021/22   |  Prem    |   13[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Guillermo Alvarado ( 5) 
2022/23   |  Prem    |   14[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Schumacher         ( 5) 
2023/24   |  Prem    |    5[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Maycon             (15) 
2024/25   |  Prem    |    8[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd | EL-3.rnd  |     Maycon             (17) 
2025/26   |  Prem    |    7[size=1]th[/size]    | Q-fnl |   N/A     |     Dmytro Batalskyi   ( 7) 
2026/27   |  Prem    |   14[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Mate Zulim         ( 7) 
2027/28   |  Prem    |    8[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Mate Zulim         ( 9) 
2028/29   |  Prem    |   11[size=1]th[/size]    | Final |   N/A     |     Mate Zulim         (10) 
2029/30   |  Prem    |    8[size=1]th[/size]    | Q-fnl |   N/A     |     Mate Zulim         (12) 
2030/31   |  Prem    |    2[size=1]nd[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Ivan Krumov        ( 9)
2031/32   |  Prem    |    2[size=1]nd[/size]    | 3.rnd | CL-groups |     Leandro            (17)
2032/33   |  Prem    |    5[size=1]th[/size]    | Q-fnl | CL-groups |     Leandro            (24)
2033/34   |  Prem    |    1[size=1]st[/size]    |  Win  | EL-Qfinal |     Leandro            (26)
2034/35   |  Prem    |    1[size=1]st[/size]    |  Win  |  EL-Final |     Filip Stancic      (21)

Great achievement with Staal, Gundo.:thup:

Thanks mate, hopefully more progress next season.:) Great to see you've finally cracked the league and cup, great perseverance.:thup:

Very proud of this! In the cup, and they might not have fielded their best, but I'm still very proud of the achievement!

Always nice those wins over big teams, especially early on.:thup:

It is so difficult to sign players better than what you already have. Just started our second season in the first division and it'll be much the same starting 11 as the last campaign, for now at least. I have however introduced a promising 17yo right back from the youth set-up.

It is so difficult to sign players better than what you already have. Just started our second season in the first division and it'll be much the same starting 11 as the last campaign, for now at least. I have however introduced a promising 17yo right back from the youth set-up.

I know what you mean, a lot of my players are signed young and then developed. It doesn't help that only players playing in N Ireland will join the team.

I know what you mean, a lot of my players are signed young and then developed. It doesn't help that only players playing in N Ireland will join the team.
I'm not complaining as such, I mean the extra difficulty compared to previous FM's is much greater and I do like that. I just got the Board to upgrade a few things because they relate to my philosophy of developing our own youth and giving them first team football, hopefully that will help in the long run.

HqDtgax.png

Stord - season 2017

Well...

I wasn't expecting this. Better luck next time I guess. Life goes on for Stord but we part ways, as manager kingjericho resigned from the job and disappeared off the sunset.

Career Overview

2016      Adeccoligaen    7th
2017      Adeccoligaen    14th         Relegation

Poor form. I signed good players and the blending levels were good but after the third match it was all downhill. Not struck by injuries, not really bad luck, just plain and simple poor performances.

Well, not much you can do about that. You gonna give it another go?

XaW - Veszprém - BNII (Hungary) - 2014/15

Wow, just wow! My first season in Hungary have been fantastic. When I first reviewed the team I figured we had a good shot as a decent position as we were almost on par with most of the other teams in the league. I got in a couple of players of good quality and I were pretty satisfied with my squad when the season started. The first couple of matches we won comfortable and moral where high. I was expecting the high to stop, but for some reason we just kept on winning. After the winter break we got a couple of losses and I were sure the low had came, but we got right on track and saw the season out on top. Promotion in the first season are way above what I expected and I'm very satisfied with how the team played. Now I'm gearing up for a much harder season in the Hungarian top tier.

In the cups we also had some success. We only had a short stint in the Magyar Kupa as we won against non-league Szentlőrinc before losing to top tier winner Videoton in the 3rd round. In the Ligakupa however turned out to be a long and almost perfect run. First we managed to progress from the group stage against teams Dunaújváros, Paks and Ferencváros finishing second. In the second round we managed to beat out Kecskermét before winning against Paks in the quarter final. The semis saw us draw fellow NBII-team MTK who we comfortably beat. Our final obstacle was top team Újpest. We held them to 2-2 at full time and we took the lead in extra time before Újpest equalized and it went to pens. Unfortunatly, we couldn't keep out composure and we lost it 4-2.

Financially, we are losing money, but we got a new sponsor deal who cleared the debt and put us solid in the black. Hopefully the next season will give us a lot more attendances and the cash that follows. Our board have agreed to improve our youth facilites for the next season as well so that should help out for the next season as this years was horrible.

The best players this season have been:

István Berki - Got this guy on loan about half way into the season. Both scored and assisted a lot. Hopefully I can keep him for the next season.

Richárd Horváth - Also in on loan halfway into the season. Scored like crazy. Is way to good for this level.

Tamás Hevesi Tóth - Our undisputed assist king. A force down the right wing.

Ryan Crump - Ex-Liverpool youngster. Got offered him by an agent and brought him in. Still young and does some weird mistakes, but have the potential to be a leading top tier goalkeeper.

Season   |     League     | Position  |     Europe    |      Top scorer        
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15  |     NBII       |   1st     |     N/A       |  Richárd Horváth (19)

I will be joining in spirit only this year. Struggled to get into 2013 so gave it a miss on a long term save.

Why in spirit only you ask? I like to have more than just the one nation loaded as I like to follow the progress of the various leagues and my laptop doesn't suffer in performance. So I won't be posting my 'achievements' regularly due to rules of the challenge. But I will be following very closely.

Just in the opening stages of my 3rd season in Croatia. This is the season I am hoping to gain some success and is also the first season I am not predicted to finish bottom.

2014/2015 SEASON REVIEW

2yo3new.jpg

MIKKELIN PALLOILIJAT

Season Review: What a great start to the challenge! We went unbeaten for a number of extended periods over the course of the season and generally played very well. Most of the new transfers performed well and the season was generally injury free, besides a few spread over the course of the season. The control based 4-2-2-2 worked really well, as we averaged around 60% possession in most of our matches, and played a safe and steady kind of football. My only disappointment about the season was the early exit in the Finnish Cup.

Board Expectations:

Finnish First Division: Mid table finish

Media Prediction: 9th

Finnish Cup: To be competitive

Key Performers:

Torres: Torres was essential in our success in the league. Made most of the changes he got, and ended up scoring 21 goals. His finishing was generally OK, although it is apparent that he lacks the ability to perform at the next level.

Mika Ahonen: Ahonen mainly played as a ST over the course of the season, but his creativity as a poacher was impressive, as he ended up with 12 assists. He was especially in form over the last stretch.

Miikka Lahdesmaki: Lahdesmaki was our best performer throughout the season. Was phenomenal in creating chances for our strikers as well as scoring himself.

Future Goals:

Revamp squad for the Premier League.

Identify youngsters to develop over the next 5-6 years.

Avoid relegation in the Premier League.

Look to improve training and youth facilities.

Season      Division               Position      Finnish Cup       Top Scorer
2014/2015   First Division         1st           6th Round         Torres (21)

also, is Sandor Kovacs in your team? He scored in a Europa league semi final for me, was pretty pleased that he was a player I started with, but could have been a regen before I started maybe

welcome to veszprem XaW. Do you have Attila hanak?

Thank you! :) Yes, I have him, but loaned him out last season. He seems a decent player, but I can't see him having a future at the club.

also, is Sandor Kovacs in your team? He scored in a Europa league semi final for me, was pretty pleased that he was a player I started with, but could have been a regen before I started maybe

I don't recall the name, and as I don't have the game running on this computer (at work) I can't check it right now.

Just read your career so far, you seem to have great success! :thup: I find Hungary to be quite easy so far, in that the teams that come up seem pretty equal to the ones already in the league. It's also fairly easy to bring in good players for low wages. But I've only started the second season, so I have a lot of seasons before me yet. :)

Archived