FM14: Association Sportive de Monaco Football Club - AKA - AS Monaco

1yrh.png

Introduction

Welcome to the AS Monaco thread. After Monaco's relegation in the 2010-11 season, two thirds of the the club was sold to an investment group led by Russian Billionaire, Dmitry Rybolovlev. With Rybolovlev's financial backing, the club quickly returned to Ligue 1. So this year is the teams first season back in the top division. With a massive transfer kitty - can you make Monaco, 8 times, Champions of France?

2013/14

Radamel-Falcao-defends-Mo-005.jpg

In the Summer of 2013 Rybolovlev showed that he was willing to spend money. A lot of money.

Here's a run down of the transfers

Ricardo Carvalho - Free Transfer

Eric Abidal - Free Transfer

Ramadel Falcao - €50mil

James Rodriguez - €45mil

Joao Moutinho - €25mil

Geoffrey Kondogbia - €19.5mil

They were joined by players such as;

Fabinho (loan)

Borja Lopez

Sergio Romero (loan)

Nicolas Isimat-Mirin

Gaetano Monachello

Jérémy Toulalan

Players who left;

Dennis Appiah

Carl Medjani

Stéphane Dumont

Ibrahima Touré

Adriano

Valentin Eysseric

Jérémy Labor (loan)

Martin Sourzac (loan)

Alexandros Tziolis

Nampalys Mendy

Gaetano Monachello (loan)

Edgar Salli (loan)

Jerome Phojo (Loan)

Aadil Assana (Loan)

Tristan Dingome (loan)

So, that is my opening to the thread, not much, I know but in the next part I will go into the History of the club, and also show you the squad.

General Information

4xsa.png

Financial Info

(After re-arranging the expectations to Title Challenge)

Transfer Budget: £52,300,000

Wage Budget: £1.030,000

Wage Budget Currently Used: £1,079, 590

Financial Fair Play

This is where things are really going to get interesting for teams as rich as Monaco. We can't spend like we used to.

Allowed loss for period: £4.22m

Current loss/profit for period: £19k

Projected loss/profit for period: £805k

Affiliations

Ajaccio and Brussels are loan partnerships while the rest are where we have first option to their players

baz0.png

Facilities

Fun Fact - Stade Louis II holds 18,480. While Monaco only has a population of 36,371 so the probability of ever expanding the stadium or making a new one, is slim to dangerously anorexic

louis21.jpg

m1m4.png

Kits

Home

AS+Monaco+13+14+Home+Kit+1.jpg

Away

Monaco+13-14+Away+Kit.jpg

Ive started a save with Monaco, seems interesting.

I have the goal to recruit profilic players. Im used to getting in the youngest meat there is and mold them, so now I have to rethink a bit...

Can you give any hints of players the board would be happy with and that are also not that old?

Im also having a new team philosophy:

Attacking players should have teamwork 12+ and off the ball 12+

Defending teamwork 12+ and anticipation 12+. What I hope to accomplish with this is a team that will be good with movement and with each other. Feedback on this will be gladly received :). Previous years Ive just run with high amount of bravery and physical stats. After a couple of years that gives a crushing machine :)

Really interested to see how Financial fair play works within the game for clubs like Monaco, PSG etc....could do with someone doing a Financial Fair Play for dummies guide etc...Good opening Post. Look forward to reading more :)

one of the main problems with these mega rich teams is potentially filling out the HG quota rule for when you finally get to Europe...based off last seasons players heres some recommendation of players that will count as HG trained by club, alot of them were products of Monaco before they were relegated

Ruffier GK

Bulot LW , not a world beater but should be a good fourth choice winger type

Nkoulou CB plays for marseille

Theirs also an other CB who plays for Evian from Congo, wouldn't cost much and he would be a good fourth choice

im assuming that Carassco kid is gonna get a huge boost in this years game, because he was so-so in '13 has had a good start for Monaco....GK is a must, and the defense imo is Monacos weakest point atm

I need some help with signing prolific players. As i see it the dl dr and left wing along with gk are the positions most in need of talent. However when i bring in decent high star youths/semi youths the board are unhappy with me and want me to sign more prolific players. Please give me some ideas of what those could be that would be good for the team and wont ruin my bank..

I need some help with signing prolific players. As i see it the dl dr and left wing along with gk are the positions most in need of talent. However when i bring in decent high star youths/semi youths the board are unhappy with me and want me to sign more prolific players. Please give me some ideas of what those could be that would be good for the team and wont ruin my bank..

Evra maybe?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If they keep complaining that they aren't high profile enough, ask for that it to be removed.

I'm tempted to start with Monoco, but the expectations would be crazy, expecially having to stay in the FFP & Home-Grown status

• 2 weeks later...

Just started with Monte Carlo, so far signed Astori from Cagliari, Coentrao from Madrid, Montoya & Tello from Barcelona, board arent happy with the lack of High Profile signings, but felt I should strengthen the whole defence instead of just one player (I realise Tello is a winger)

• 1 month later...

It took me several goes to get a successful Monaco save going, but it's a really fun team to play as if you can make it work. The defensive options (including keeper), are pretty ordinary and needs to be addressed right away. Atletico Madrid's Miranda can be bought for 3 million and Patrice Evra for 1.5, if you wait until the end of the first window. I also bought Azpillicueta for 15 million and Anthony Revielliere (free) at right back and sent Fabinho back to Brazil to open up a non EU spot. Lescott, Drogba, Seydou Keita and Nene are good options, if you're after experienced players who can still go and are available at a good price. The real fun starts in the second season when you have 100 million+ to spend and European football to attract world class players. And don't worry about FFP - I've spent a ridiculous amount of money on transfers and wages and haven't even come close.

Anyone having any luck with Monaco?

I'm finding it the same as last year in the fact that because you have so much money they game is rigged and you can't win. I've got various tactics I have tried and tested with teams of different levels and nothing!

I just gave them a go and had a tough time. Started winless through my first 8 or 9 league games. Then went on a good run to go from bottom of table up to 9th. However by then the Board was pissed and I got sacked mid-December after two straight draws against weaker opponents and a loss in the League Cup.

Their defense was weak so added a DC (Zouma?) and DR (Clyne?). I also needed a F9 for my tactic so I picked up a striker that fit in that role. Honda was coming in on January 1 and would have really helped out I believe.

The Board wanted high profile signings and I didn't do that. Just don't enjoy overpaying for players that have already peaked.

• 2 weeks later...

pre season now over so a quick update

im playing a 4,1,2,2,1 with 2 cam behind the striker

TRANSFERS

ive loaned out carrasco and ocampos to get them first team football as i dont think there ready yet

ive loaned out raggi,wolf, obbadi, riviere, callard, pi, imira, kamin, barazite and de veiga.. itied tos ell most of these but ther was no intrest so loaned them instead

IN

eduardo as a back up for falcao 1.9m

zieler new no 1 for many years 10.75m

reveillere experienced rb and free

andre ayew first choice lm but can also play as dm, am, st 11.5m

honda quality am 2m

simone pepe( loan) can play on either wing)

montoya ca play all up the right side and at lb

jonathan brison (loan) defensive cover but definatly wouldnt sign permanantly

just won my 1st league game at home to lyon with a 94th min goal for ayew although falcao now out for 3-4 weeks

Started a save with Monaco today. Brought in the following:

Kurt Zouma, Samuel Umtiti, Anthony Reveillere, Antoine Griezmann, Frederic Bulot and Morgan Schneiderlin.

Won my first three Ligue 1 games.

Bordeaux 2-3 Monaco

Monaco 3-2 Montpellier

Monaco 4-0 Toulouse

Great start :thup: Barazite, Griezmann, Schneiderlin and Zouma the standouts (only good players haha) so far. Barazite scored all three in the victory over Montpellier :cool:

Just started with Monaco so far bought in

Balanta, Santon, Honda, Lacazette, and Insigne looking to bring maby 1 more striker in as back up to Falcao

Won 1st league game away to Bordeux 3-0 with Honda scoring to free kicks

Gona try bring up the young players at club and buy french like Zouma

The second season is when it gets really interesting, you get 100m+ to spend which allows you to shape the squad how you want it.

The squad needs alot of work it must be said defence is quite average, midfield is decent with Kondogbia and Moutinho and upfront you have Falcao.

Only real creativity you have is Moutinho.. It's a good save but be prepared to see out the first season.

A was having some shocking results was playing well aganist the big teams but my home form against the smaller clubs was terrible was getting beat 4-1 think its a mix of signing lot of new players and takes time to get used to tactics really struggled to get going in my game

• 2 months later...

think im going to have a dabble with Monaco.

usually take mid to bottom level top division clubs and turn into power houses but would be nice to be able to afford the top players in the game straight off the bat and not when they are 32/34 year old free agents

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

FFP is not really something you should be concerned with.

I've had saves with both Monaco and Chelsea, and I've spent a lot of money, but have never felt the FFP.

I guess when you have a rich owner, they will cover any loss you have.

• 2 weeks later...

Starting my last save on FM with Monaco.

Things i want to do with them:

-Dominate France

-Win Champions League in 5 years time

-Produce own players

-Build one of the best young academys

-Dont spend to much on new players, maximum 1 big signing per year

Starting my last save on FM with Monaco.

Things i want to do with them:

-Dont spend to much on new players' date=' maximum 1 big signing per year[/color']

I'm pretty sure you'll get sacked then. The owner expects big name signings every year.

Archived