Whaaat

I am trying to sign a player with a 75.000 EU value. I started my bid from 150k up to 2.5 mil. All offers gor rejected. Then another team made 325k bid and it was accepted just after rejecting my 2.5mil offer. Why the hell they don't accept my offer? Am I missing something?

Nothing under my personal information screen as well. Also the other two clubs have no relations as affiliated clubs as well. My last offer is almost 8 times higher than the accepted offer. The team that I am trying to get the player is in Turkish second League. My offer should be a record for them, but they accept an offer from other Turkish team which is 8 times lower than mine. This is very very strange...

you're probably trying to sign someone with very high potential

happens all the time for me, especially with newgens. Rated about 30k, yet sometimes you have to pay 10-20 million to get them.

It's the games way of preventing you to buy out all the major talents at once i suppose. Not a bad thing if you're going for realism, although i do find it annoying (if memory serves me right, i opened a thread for this very same reason some time ago)

I am not complaining about paying for a player higher than it value. The players club is rejecting my bid and accepting some other teams bid which is 8 times lower than mine. Hre is the screenshots:

My rejected bid: http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/2333/ali1x.jpg

His value and accepted bid: http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/8093/ali2j.jpg

The news I had: http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4913/ali3w.jpg

And as I wrote I have no relations or opninion whatsoever with his manager, and the accepted offer didn't come from an affliated club.

Rival teams?

If you bid 325k after the other team got its bid accepted, and your bid was rejected again, then it is probably a bug if the clubs aren't rivals and the manager don't dislike you.

Nope 325k bid was accepted by a different club, my rejected bid was 2.5 mil...

Nope 325k bid was accepted by a different club, my rejected bid was 2.5 mil...

Yeah I read that, what I asked was if you bid that 2.5m AFTER the other club got its bid accepted, or before. Did the bids come in at the same time? What I mean is that maybe something changed while you were bidding (for instance the player asks for a transfer). So if you bid 325k now, if there is no bug, your bid should be accepted. If it is rejected, and you are not a rival to his club or his manager, then I am sure it is a bug!

Nope... Since they reject my 2.5 mil bid and accept 325k bid at the same time ( http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4913/ali3w.jpg ) I gave up. It is not like my bid was rejected 6 months ago and they accept 325k after 6 months. It would be very strange if they accept my 325k bid just after rejecting 2.5 mil.

Yes when the message is like that, it truly does seem very strange. You should bring it up in the bugs forum, providing a savegame.

Are those two clubs affiliated? Are both managers friends? There could be a reason they'd accept a lower reason from them and not you. I don't think this is specific to your relationship with the selling club, I think it's more to do with the selling and buying clubs relationship, either at a club level or manager level.

Are those two clubs affiliated? Are both managers friends? There could be a reason they'd accept a lower reason from them and not you. I don't think this is specific to your relationship with the selling club, I think it's more to do with the selling and buying clubs relationship, either at a club level or manager level.

We are not rivals. I have no relations with the other manager nor does he with me. The other two clubs have not affiliations. The other two manager doesn't have any relations.

Hello, 325k vs 2.475M??? Even if that is the case, it shouldn't have effects of this magnitude.

Even if the managers are best friends, even if the two clubs are affiliated, they couldn't possibly refuse more than 2M and accept 325k. In some countries it could even be illegal (go explain the partners/shareholders :) ). Unless the 325k offer has some "unrefusable" clauses (buy back price, money after goals scored or something).

The player got upset at the OP's bid not getting accepted and probably put in a transfer request. The selling club then stuck a fee which is larger than his value on him but is much less than the 2mil bid. Get players upset is a game i know too well :D

Really? What if he is highly promising and the selling club attach a 70% sell-on clause that could be worth £10m+ in the future?

He is promissing for sure: http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/372/ali4e.jpg We don't know whether there is sell on clause or not; but even if there is one, would you gamble over 2 mil whereas your record transfer income is 650k http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/7892/adsq.jpg And if that is the case why wouldn't they negotiate sell-on clause with me? I am Benfica and they sold the player to meiocare Turkish team. At the end I can sell him much more higher than a mediocare Turkish team.

And on top of everything they could do a lot with 2.5 mil so that they can gain more than 10 mil such as promoting to Turkis Super League. I would at least take the money and make some transfers to strengten my squad ; than cross my fingers for a future transfer which is not dependant with me.

Save your game and create a new manager at the club and see if the offer has some really high future incentives I'd say. If not I'd definitely report it as a bug.

Damn I played on the game. I would try many other things if my bid wasn't rejected at the same day they accept a lower bid. I would even make another bid even if there was a day difference rejecting my offer and accepting theirs.

The only thing I can think of is that the player slapped in a transfer request or got unhappy at the club's rejection of the bid. The club then decided to let him go. It looks weird, but it might be the case here...

Ok I am fimiliar in this kind of situations. However my last bid got rejected at the same day they accept the other bid: http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4913/ali3w.jpg

I am using 3 file rolling auto-save. I found a save game before this transfer deal closed. I tried to reproduce the case, but I wasn't succesful the date was around a month ago and much more different things happened in the game. This is what I did while trying to reproduce the case:

My following bids got rejected: 1mil-2mil-2.1mil-2.4mil-3mil-3.5mil. At 3.5mil bid they want to negotiate to 8.25mil+%10profit for the next sale+friendly. Then they reject 4mil-4.5 mil

I then realize that the last time they accept a bid on 7th of January. So I went on holiday until 5th of January. Then start again with 325k(maybe this was the magical number) but rejected. And my following rejected bids are as follows: 1mil-2mil-2.5mil-3mil+%50 profit-5 mil+%50 profit. And they say they will settle for 8.25mil+friendly.

For some reason the game wouldn't want me to buy this player since I know a 325k bid was accepted.

Could it be that the club accept the offer from Elazigspor because they had some kind of clause?

Example:

Perhaps the player was on loan at Elazigspor and they have a buy option of 325k? Did you check this option?

Nope He didn't have any clause. He was purely Adana Demirspor player.

Archived