What's been your worst piece of business?

FM 2012 I bought a teenage Lorenzo Crisetig for a few million in the hopes he might turn into something. By age 21 his stats were really average and his progression seemed to be stalling so I let him go and cut my losses. By age 24 he was arguably the best DM in the world...

FM 2012 I bought a teenage Lorenzo Crisetig for a few million in the hopes he might turn into something. By age 21 his stats were really average and his progression seemed to be stalling so I let him go and cut my losses. By age 24 he was arguably the best DM in the world...

Going even further back i bought Prince Bauben from Dundee United for about 700k, at the same time i bought Eggart Johnstone from Hearts for a similar price. After 3 or 4 years i sold both for less than 4mil combined, profit is profit though. 3 years later they where 1st and 2nd in world player of the year. :(

Bought a greek player who was called "the next" Kostas Katsouranis. The guy barely had 110 PA as I later realized...

And as far as injuries go. 13 months out as soon as an extremely promising Congolese ST arrived at my club...so not only 1 year behind in training,but also 1 year behind on getting him to get his EU nationality for work permits.

On FM 13? Nicolas Blandi from Boca. pretty much a goal a game record for them over the last two seasons. A steal I thought at 5m. My various scouts all told me he was a poacher & his stats seemed to back up the idea that he was a pacy finisher which is just what my team needed. Only he isn't. He's basically the Argentinian Heskey/Carroll. Just the type of player who would never fit into the way we play. Constantly scored ratings in the low 6's and even 5's for me.

I thought he was going to be the guy to fire my Marseille team into the Champions League, but he's now my 4th choice & I'll be looking to get my money back on him in the summer.

After this guy, i'm really tempted to actually watch prospective new signings play in a game before signing them. Never done it before, but I suppose it's realistic. In the real world, if you sign somebody without seeing them play first you end up with Ali Dia...

Bought Lacina Traore for £22m with massive signing and agent fees and a salary to match. I think he scored 1 goal the first half of the season and couldn't settle in the country. Sold him for half the price on 48 months installments after just 6 months. To top it off I had forgotten he had a 10% sell on clause, so it ended up being an even bigger waste of money.

I bought a young striker(16) and was being touted as a leading Premiership striker of the future,I am in the Championship and decided to splash what cash I had,it only totalled 2 million but that is a lot of money for my team.

He has just turned 19 and he has only had a couple of games at any level for me.

This guy has broke an ankle,sprained a wrist,broken ribs,a couple of hamstring injuries,broke a toe,the list goes on.Surprisingly it does not say he is prone to injury in the scout report.

He may still grow into a good striker but only if he manages to crawl out of the sick bed at some point.

I am sure if the injury 'shot himself in the foot' was in the game this guy would have shot himself in both feet.

Neymar was fantastic buisness, slap him on the wing or on the wide midfield roles ;)

and 110PA? i got a wonderkid out of a keeper with 140PA so not a concern.

probably Nathen Redmond, cost me a few million to buy, and his development isn't happening, he gets into the first team, and does well there. but his stats just do not want to move.

probably Nathen Redmond, cost me a few million to buy, and his development isn't happening, he gets into the first team, and does well there. but his stats just do not want to move.

If he's doing well, does it matter about the stats?

Archived