Players demanding huge wages, then signing for a smaller club on tiny wages.

Playing as Rangers, got 3 straight promotions back to the SPL. A fair few bosman transfers were available. I tried to sign them they wanted ridiculous wages. 1 week later they sign for smaller clubs for wages a fraction of what they demanded from me.

Two examples of this were as follows

Amr Zaki - Wanted 27k from me one week after a weeks trial signs for Columbus Crew for 4.5K per week.

Alan Tait - Wanted 17.5k from me signed for Dundee Utd for 4.3k!

Is this a bug, or is it to do with my relative reputation that agents think they can scam me???

Is this happening to other people?

I think this is an example of the game being made more difficult for human managers. I've often tried to buy players but had their team demand huge transfer fees (that I simply wouldn't pay), yet said players are sold to other AI teams for much much less.

Likewise with wage demands - a player will want 60k from me, but will accept 25k from an AI team. It's frustrating and seems unfair.

Happens all the time as has for several past versions...

A recent example that sticks out on mine is Royston Drenthe in my first season with Stoke, wouldn't budge lower than £30k pw from me...(i couldn't afford this)

Ended up signing with Espanyol for just £10k pw...

I think wage demands are connected to your wage budget. Players and agents somehow know your wage structure and budget; enter contract negotiations and then try various wage budget settings - player demands will increase or decrease in accordance with the wage budget changes.

I think wage demands are connected to your wage budget. Players and agents somehow know your wage structure and budget; enter contract negotiations and then try various wage budget settings - player demands will increase or decrease in accordance with the wage budget changes.

^

this.

usually works to lower your wage budget. Their contract demands will magically be lower suddenly.

I encountered a strange agent behavour last night. I tried to buy a famous CB and my bid was accepted, when i was going to negotiate i ofered him a 75% increase to what he was earning in his old club. The agent didnt even tried to negotiate with me but squashed the deal at once, saying something along the line " i see we will never be able to find common ground" and then he left the negotiating. It definatley feels like this is a AI cheat to hinder the human player to get a too strong or to make it harder anyhow. Then they go to some other club for peanuts, whats the realism in that? Yes its been so before but never this flagrant.

I am sure it has nothing to do with human manager or not, no part of the AI is coded to acknowledge that. It should be much clearer why a player is doing what he is doing, and there is clearly some flaws as things stand, but I do not believe the conspiracy theories for a second as the reason.

Club reputation, league reputation, playing in Europe, playing for a title contender, squad status, taxes and many many other things combine to be the cause. I think in most cases greed should be a bigger factor, but nor should the biggest salary always get the player.

For me this seems to happen a lot with work permits, i struggle to get them but then they end up signing for some other European club with no issue

i hate this just missed out on 23 year old ji dong wong, im hartlepool 3 seasons in top of league 1 by 10 points i couldnt get a work permit but mk dons who are looking to be relegated could, this is the only time its happen for me in the same league though so dont know if its a one off bug still very annoying

i hate this just missed out on 23 year old ji dong wong, im hartlepool 3 seasons in top of league 1 by 10 points i couldnt get a work permit but mk dons who are looking to be relegated could, this is the only time its happen for me in the same league though so dont know if its a one off bug still very annoying

Does it make a difference to what squad status you're offering?? But guessing might be harder to get a work permit as a reserve or back up than first teamer irl?? Not sure, and not sure whether FM is that smart??

I am sure it has nothing to do with human manager or not, no part of the AI is coded to acknowledge that. It should be much clearer why a player is doing what he is doing, and there is clearly some flaws as things stand, but I do not believe the conspiracy theories for a second as the reason.

Club reputation, league reputation, playing in Europe, playing for a title contender, squad status, taxes and many many other things combine to be the cause. I think in most cases greed should be a bigger factor, but nor should the biggest salary always get the player.

the problem is it sometimes just makes no sense. here is an example. i just started a save with Rayo, i offered 31 year old free agent asier del horno a contract as first team player for 6K, with his agent receiving 60K. he then goes and signs for Sabadeli a division below for 2.4K. how does one explain that?

there is also a bug when you get a player on trial, his demands will double or triple what he would ask if he wasnt on trial.

Maybe theres something in there where hes looking at the squad status of other players. For example another player is set as key player and making 30k pw. Expiring player sees this and considers himself a key player as well so thinks he should get the same amount of money regardless if he should. Player gets offer from another club and since he hasnt played for them he doesnt view as key player needing money.

Archived