I am serious! And don't call me Chorley.

SnakeXe

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll hopefully start again over the Christmas break. I've been incredibly busy recently - I'm starting a new job in 4 months so I'm having to finish my postgraduate course in about 5 months fewer than I was expecting, so little time for FM at the moment. When I am playing FM I'm playing my Newcastle save - this save isn't very relaxing at the moment!

I'll hopefully start again over the Christmas break. I've been incredibly busy recently - I'm starting a new job in 4 months so I'm having to finish my postgraduate course in about 5 months fewer than I was expecting, so little time for FM at the moment. When I am playing FM I'm playing my Newcastle save - this save isn't very relaxing at the moment!

That's fine. You should put your life over FM.

October 2017

OctRes.png

OctTbl.png

Not much league action this month, a Tierney-inspired win over Blyth offset by a disappointing 1-0 loss to Droylsden before a decent draw against Colwyn Bay rounded off the month. The real action was in the FA Cup - finally! Warrington were fairly simply dispatched 2-1, Kilheeney and Ward with the goals, before Tierney gave us the only goal in a revenge 1-0 win over Droylsden. We've been given a fortunate draw in the next round - Marine at home, who are outside the playable leagues at the moment - and we're out of the relegation zone, albeit on goal difference. Everything's coming up Chorley!

Must be really frustrating to know that without the deduciton you'd be in a play-off spot!

But for a 'youth only' save, frustration is a big part of the fun :D

Yeah, but then we've had a lot of luck in that Tierney has really kicked on this season. If not for that we'd almost certainly be staring relegation in the face. Have to mention the central defenders have stepped in well considering neither were first choice last season.

Still going good,must be pretty annoying that without the 10 point deduction you would be in a playoff spot.

True, but I'm just glad to not be cut adrift at the bottom to be honest :D

Not too bad at all. We always knew it would be a long-term affair, and without the deduction you'd be flying.

Indeed! The future looks optimistic in any case - although I can't see us hanging on to Whitham or Wilkinson with our revised budget. If whoever replaces those two does well we'll finally have a good crack at promotion next season.

November 2017

NovRes.png

NovTbl.png

As expected we eased past Marine to reach the first round proper of the FA Cup! Hoping for either an easy draw or an away draw against a big League 1 side, we got neither - Barnsley at home. Still, if we could take them to a replay we'd make a bit of cash. What, we got stuffed 3-1? Oh well, maybe next year - and besides, we made a good £20k from the Barnsley game regardless. A very callow side got blown away by Witton in the FA Trophy as expected, but we got back into gear nicely in the league with a brace of 2-1 home wins over Boston Utd and Southport. An early opener from Tierney put us in a good position away to Worksop but we couldn't close it out, with 1-1 probably a fair result in the end. I'm starting to eye the fact that we're just 6 points off the playoffs now - but I'm also wary that our squad is incredibly thin, especially in defence, and a lot of key players are utterly knackered.

• 1 month later...

Archived