FM13 - Nottingham Forest Thread - All aboard the Big Red Train

mistrollingin

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you wont get much luck with expansion, you'll need a new stadium if you want your capacity to increase ( a data decision i dont particually agree with, but hey ho :D )

End of last season I get a message saying the board are expanding the stadium by '26' seats! So i asked for a new stadium and I will get one, 45k capacity.

have a championship game with a friend.

he's leeds i'm forest

3rd after 19 games with 36 points. four points off bolton and wolves.

Was sitting between 10th-12th until won four games on the spin in november including a 4-0 win at elland road

Cox and sharp leading the goalscoring charts so far. Will post some screenshots when i get a chance

Right, its November of the 2nd season, and I'm currently mid table in the Prem..

Incomings and outgoings.. I think I've posted Hoekstra, but hes not ready for the first team yet, so he's gone on loan until the end of the season for a little bit of match experience, the same with Platter and a couple of other youngsters.

wRbvf.jpg

Just started a game as part of a challenge with a friend.going flat out for promotion in order to get the biggest budget as I believe it is possible with this squad and setup.

I intend to overhaul the club and get rid of a fair few players I don't see as worthy or those I can get a bit of money/save on wages. Staff wise, I will keep similar but may bring in a new assistant if a decent one is interested.

Who in the existing squad would you say is a key player?

Quick update on the progress so far

League after 16 games - 2nd in the league but 5 points behind Brighton

League cup - into quarter finals after beating west ham. Drawn arsenal at home, possible upset on the cards

Below are the transfers I did (no doubt some will disagree with what I have done)

Transfers in

Tote - free

Jose Carlos - 775k

Moises hurtado 1m

Adam smith - loan

Asier del horno - free

Vanden borre - free

Wellington nem - 3.5mill

Mauro Formica - loan

Wes hoolahan - loan

Reynold lemaitre - free

Emmanuel frimpong - loan

Total - 5.5 million

Trnsfers out

Lascelles - 750k

Tudgay - 100k

Majewski - 2.6m

Greening - 300k

Derbyshire - free

Findley - 950k

Moloney - 100k

Miller - free

Total: 4.8mill

A lot of the money gained went into wages to afford the extra players. If I was to do it again I would do a bit less as I am not making any money each month which is why promotion and the cup run is important

You sold Lascelles ffs? Are you nuts. If you'd have kept hold of him, he'd have possibly become an international player. He's probably on par with your best centre halves at the start of the game. Majewski, meh.

He's been appointed my captain in 2015/16.. :D

I hope you mean Lascelles? Infact I'm sure you do. The guy who is in charge of True FM is Forest and Lascelles has become his captain at the start of his 3rd season iirc. Me, well I can't get into a game with Forest :(.

Here he is at the start of the 2016/17 season..

gRQMMQA.jpg

JvuG4vM.jpg

What the general consensus on the formation? Seems 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1. I'm going to be trying out 4-3-1-2 and 4-1-3-2, lack of width in squad and I like 2 up top. Lot of good CM in the team and they could do with another LB.

Finally started my Forest game, I've signed Del Horno and Vanden Borre for free; terminated loan contracts with Coppinger and Hutchison; and sold Tudgay & Greening. Couldn't get to sign Reo-Coker and Craig Gordon or else it'll be perfect. To my surprise when I talked to the board about getting a parent club they got me Arsenal! Hope I can loan Chamakh to boost my power up front!

What the general consensus on the formation? Seems 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1. I'm going to be trying out 4-3-1-2 and 4-1-3-2, lack of width in squad and I like 2 up top. Lot of good CM in the team and they could do with another LB.

I play a 4-4-2 with advanced wingers, At a pinch Lansbury can play as an inside forward at either wing position, but you have enough money to bring in some decent quality out wide

Finally started my Forest game, I've signed Del Horno and Vanden Borre for free; terminated loan contracts with Coppinger and Hutchison; and sold Tudgay & Greening. Couldn't get to sign Reo-Coker and Craig Gordon or else it'll be perfect. To my surprise when I talked to the board about getting a parent club they got me Arsenal! Hope I can loan Chamakh to boost my power up front!

you really dont need another striker to get you promoted, in my saves, i work on strengthening the flanks ( both at the wing position and full backs ), The GK, DCs, MCs and STs are all above average quality for the championship, if you get good wingers in, both Cox and Sharp can get 30 goals

Just won the FA Cup final with my team in 2015/16. Scored 2 goal of the season contenders, including one from my centre back (who went up front when one of my strikers got injured). Will post the highlights of the two goals later, but have the match file saved if anyone fancies a look.

Im currently in the 2019-2020 season with Nottingham, last season I won the Europa League and finished 5th in the league. I have finished most seasons in the top 10 in the premiership however I can't seem to get a very good attendance to games, been averaging around 75-80% each season. I would like to know what other people are achieving because I thought by now I would be getting near enough 100% attendance and looking to get a new stadium. So what attendances are you achieving?

I play a 4-4-2 with advanced wingers, At a pinch Lansbury can play as an inside forward at either wing position, but you have enough money to bring in some decent quality out wide

you really dont need another striker to get you promoted, in my saves, i work on strengthening the flanks ( both at the wing position and full backs ), The GK, DCs, MCs and STs are all above average quality for the championship, if you get good wingers in, both Cox and Sharp can get 30 goals

Thanks mate but at the beginning I doubted Reid's speed so if i play on the flanks I'll need to get two new players... so I play with a narrow 41212 so didn't managed to get any as you suggested, and first transfer window is over. While I get 4 straight wins in the Championship but knocked out by Fulham in Captial One Cup. :/

Parent club Arsenal loaned out most of their loan-able players so at last I just managed to get Frimpong, will get some rotation with Moussi. I got Ben-Haim to sign too and he's a rock in defense with Collins! Hard decision but decided to loan out Lascelles a few months for first team football, hope he'll come back stronger!

On the other hand what's Lansbury's best position? I kinda doubt Robert Kelly's advises as his stats are so low... any good assistant managers I shall get?

• 4 weeks later...

i play in an FMO game as Forest, got promoted in 2nd place first season, 2nd season i finished 7th in the prem just missing out on europe, and this is the picture atm : http://i.imgur.com/XAucMzg.jpg

Season 1 i signed Nathan Redmond ( who is now playing for England ), Karim Ait Fana, Seamus Coleman ( he was signed in january after he was transfer listed by the AI ), Tsepo Masilela, Adam Smith and brought in Simon Mignolet on loan ( the last 2 were cheap deals because they had human manager who didnt want them, Adam Smith in particular has blossomed into a great Full Back who can play on either flank ) I also loaned in a few Foreign Youngsters for cover, I loaned out Lascelles to League 1 Leyton Orient ( who were also managed by a human manager ) where he starred in their defence. Redmond cost me 5 million, but the rest were relatively cheap.

My Lineup for the majority of the season was:

GK: Mignolet

DR: Coleman/Smith

DC: Ayala

DC: Collins

DL: Smith/Masilela

DMCL: Cohen

MCR: Lansbury

AML: Ait Fana

AMR: Redmond

STCR: Cox

STCL: Sharp

Sharp and Cox both bagged over 30 goals, but my defence was awful, i think i had the 3rd/4th worst defence in the entire league, yet still managed automatic promotion, mainly thanks to scoring 109 goals: http://gyazo.com/46cbd2b232bb4b880b268795b002ab42

Season 2 I spent most of my initial transfer budget on making Sharp and Mignolets loans permanent for 4.8 million combined, I also signed Ryan Bennett from Norwich as he was transfer listed and looked decent, i obviously need to shore up the defence somewhat, i rounded off the transfer window with some loans, most notably Jeffrey Bruma from Chelsea, and a couple of youngsters for cover including Lenny Nangis, i also decided to keep Lascelles and start him alongside Bennet in defence, even making him captain, it was a brave move, but i felt he was ready for it and it would do his progression wonders. The formation was unchanged and the lineup was the same except Bennett and Lascelles came in for Collins and Ayala.

Annoyingly ( at the time ) Bennett picked up an injury a few games into the season so i had to start Bruma there, but he played very well alongside Jamaal, so much so that I had to relegate Bennett to the bench when he regained fitness. In January i got some more money to spend, so i made some moves, making Brumas loan deal into a permanent transfer for around 3 million and I signed the transfer listed Andreu Fontas from Barcelona to be my midfield general, I also signed some more youth players, including another transfer listed Barca player ( Javi Espinosa, cost me 60k :D ) and a couple of out of contract regens from Juventus. Fontas replaced Cohen at DM and i went into the final game of the season with a win away at Arsenal guranteeing me 6th place and europe ( as Newcastle were below me but had won the league cup ) sadly i only drew, but it had still been a good season, i dont have a screenie of the final table, but here it is with 2 games to go, Norwich and Liverpool still had to play at that point and i think drew: http://i.imgur.com/vEDpKnq.jpg as you can see the defence was well and truly sorted out!

Season 3 saw me with some big bucks to spend and i decided to look to the future, this post adequately sums up the transfer dealings: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/323923-OTF-FM13-Premiership-FMO?p=8562638&viewfull=1#post8562638

Fanelli has settled in well and has started scoring goals, he has an excellent free kick and takes a mean corner as well! Meguenni is being used in more of a rotational system with Lansbury, as his low stamina makes his fitness a headache. when Lansbury starts, I have 7 of the 11 that got me promoted starting for me, and 1 of the 4 who didnt get me promoted was at the club at the start of the game ( Lascelles ). I had planned on starting Jese and Fanelli together up front, but Jese was a little disappointing and Simon Cox took his chances from the bench so i felt i had to start him for now.

The latest session, which happened last night, Forests board gave me 12.5 million extra to spend as a result of my excellent financial position ( i have the 3rd lowest wage budget in the league, which helps ) and I noticed that my Main transfer target in the summer, another 5* potential striker from germany, who refused to speak to me after i had an offer accepted, was now showing up again in my interested list, so i made a bid ( for 13.5 million, i made it for 12 monthly installments so i could afford it ) which was accepted and he accepted my contract offer and he will be joining in january. I dont have a screenie yet, but he looks very good, hes a bit quicker than Fanelli, with better finishing, he has high work rate and teamwork and has great Penalty Taking stats ( seems a minor thing to be excited about, but apart from Billy Sharp, who is on the bench, i have no good penalty takers in the team and have missed a few this season! ) his only problem is his low composure of 10, but i can focus his training on that and he will get it up in no time! him and Fanelli together up front will be lethal in a couple of seasons time :)

I started a save with Forrest back in feb. I added than Jan transfers myself and bought Nem and Ademilson. I'm playing a Very Fluid 4-4-2 and I'm top by 5 points in Jan. Knocked Liverpool and Arsenal out of the league cup aswell and have United in the semis.

I haven't played in awhile though as I got into another save.

I must go back to it though.

I only started it to try out a very fluid approach at a lower level and I was surprised when it was working so well.

Any suggestion?

What the best role to the Strickers?

i managed to sign Karim Ait Fana ( transfer listed at start of game for 1.6 million ) and nathan redmond who are both excellent championship wingers.

For the strikers, i set Simon Cox to be a deep laying striker with a support role and Billy Sharp to be an Advanced Forward with attack role, they should both be able to get 30 goals each.

Well I'm trying a very fluid 4-4-2, didn't buy any wingers atm. Redmond is 7 M € (my budget is 8 M €) and Karim isn't for sale, I have 2 or 3 other Wingers in Negotiations.

My CM is a DLP (support) and a CM (defend).

I don't see this team playing with 3 center strikers...

Did sign Del Horno, One Irish that was in the no club players game and Jonas Svensson.

This game is driving me crazy. I keep conceeding loads of goals from corners, throwing away 2-0 leads and conceeding 90th minute goals.

:mad:

Update: After starting the season with 3 straight league defeats. We eventually come back to finish 3rd. Missed out on 2nd on Goal Difference. We then coasted through the Semi Final's of the Playoffs by beating Blackburn 7-2 on aggregate. We then lost in the Final to Derby, of all fcuking teams! My star-man & the top goal scorer in the league Admilson, was for some reason called-up to Brazil u20's and ineligible.

eb7acx.png

2v93b6s.png

2h7qgdz.png

do you mean what position you need to finish to get promoted to the premiership or to stay in the Premiership? for the former, you need to finish in the top 2 for automatic promotion or between 3rd and 6th for the playoffs. To stay in the premiership, you need to finish 17th or higher, outside the bottom 3

guys i am dying out there sitting 15 .. too many injuries... every mf i put gets injured. Sharp is injured. nobody wants to join my team. What tactics did u make work i tried 4312 with AMC but faile dterribly.. Also Blackstock Cox what sort of striker partnershipdo u use

I won the league using mainly a 4-2-2-2 formation shown here.

http://i.imgur.com/NvLUIE8.png

I set the strikers to swap positions as I didn't think one was any better than the other.

I also used a single striker for games where I thought I might struggle. I removed one striker and put on a DM.

I'm in my first season in the Premier League and have had to employ a more defensive tactic although I still use the above tactic at home if I'm playing one of the weaker teams.

Hope this helps.

And to my surprise our midfielders are actually good enough for the premiership, i bought a few players to give me speed on the flanks, playing a counter 4-3-3 and is fighting for euro cup qualification through EPL finish!

GK: Gordon (signed from free transfer)

DR: Halford (best performing player)

DC: Lascelles + Ayala (limited defenders)

DL: Del Horno (defending full back too)

DMC: Frimpong (on loan for a season)

MC: Cohen + Guedioura (rotating also McGugan + Lansbury)

AMLR: Tom Ince + Zaha (fairly cheap as their teams performed so poorly in the first season while i got promoted)

FC: Cox (Deep-Lying support)

i'm still amazed as i'm sitting on 6th with 20 games gone. Cos gave me >20 goals in all competitions which is quite surprising given the stats!

Struggling big time with a standard 4-4-2, got flogged 7-1 by Leicester, 4-2 by Birmingham and generally just ****. Collins has been minging, Cox can't hit a barn door and McGugan and the Algerian fella won't stop taking long shots.

12 games in and I'm 22nd, with 1 win 5 draws and 6 losses.

EDIT: Another loss, 2-0 at home to Hull. I'm gonna be sacked in no time. :(

Archived