FM13 - Nottingham Forest Thread - All aboard the Big Red Train

mistrollingin

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Try Masiela at left back Kilik. Less wages iirc. People seem to be having a lot of luck with Adam Smith on loan from Spurs.

doesnt seem to be in my game.

Im trying to get Smith now but it seems alot of other championship teams are trying to get him aswell

started off great. beat blackpool away and won against Middlesboro 4-3

i bought wellington nem and adryan so im playin 4-2-3-1 with no wingers. cox is playing well as a inside forward AM.

i didnt plan on getting promoted this year but it seems the team is good enough. still havent bought a LB and im nearing the transfer window

two main questions for me so far:

- which is the best way to approach first January transfer window?

I mean, I've started well (3rd after 25 rounds) without skipping 1st window at all and now is the time to decide whether to invest some money for building a team already for Premiership or not to make changes to keep good cohesion and team morale and taking next steps in summer. How is everybody looking at this situation?

- as there are numerous players who's contract will end in June 2013, who will you let to go on free out of these?

By the way, I'm playing mainly 4411 with Sharp perfect ST, Cox very good AMC, Blackstock ideal cover, Ayala rock at the back, new captain (yes!) Camp reliable between the sticks and Moloney surprisingly good and stable.

I've had a phenomenal run in the capital one cup. Put Everton out on away goals in the semis, and I'll have the final against city in 2 games time. Obviously not expecting anything from that game - except a nice trip to Wembley. January transfer has been and gone. I signed albrightom cos I couldn't get femenia. And Chris Lowe in for left wing also. No further changes and I'm still in 2nd spot. Fully expecting playoffs minimum. Think I'm good enough got automatic promotion though to be fair. Although I'm not sure if I'm gold enough for premiership football next season. There's some weaknesses in my squad, and reckon only about 2-3 of my first eleven are good enough for first team football in the premiership. Hmmm

have you guys signed a new Ass. Manager? I dont think Kelly is good enough but I cant get any good ones i want as the club isnt letting me off enough wage.

loving the save so far, Sharp, Cox and Wellington nem have been superb right now

Sharp playing as poacher just ripping through defences

Hello lads, started a Forest save yesterday after having a great four season save with them on FM12 and already loving this one despite just being a month in!

I started with no transfer window to keep it realistic and self added Jermain Jenas on loan until January. (Although meanwhile he has signed a new contract with Spurs which will make it more difficult to keep him after then.)

Only changes to the club is I signed Bobby Downes as a coach to the first team and Paul Winsper as a Fitness Coach. I also picked up Asier Del Horno on a free transfer to play in the LB role, but only on a season contract for now.

Anyway here's my results so far..

PRE-SEASON

Northampton (a) - 3-0 (Guédioura, Jacelles, Blackstock)

Woking (a) - 3-0 (Pegg o.g., Coppinger, McGugan)

Port Vale (a) - 0-0

Oldham (a) - 0-1 (Madjewski o.g.)

AUGUST

Bury (h) - 2-0 (Ayala, Jenas) Capital Cup Rnd 1

Huddersfield (h) - 2-2 (Del Horno, Guédioura / Clayton, Arfield) Championship

Hull (a) - 3-1 (Guédioura, Gillet, Cox / Fryatt) Championship

Leicester (h) - 0-1 (Knockaert) Championship

QPR (h) - 1-0 (Sharp) Capital Cup Rnd 2

I play a balanced flat 4-4-2 with a direct countering style.

Is Jenas in the squad now? If not I'm going to wait for the update until I start my Forest game...

A lot of discussion on what everyone signed for free or in a budget, but are there any good players we can get from the premier league on loan??

I won the league! Excellent, and unexpected achievement. I won it on the last day, despite a 2-1 defeat at home to Peterborough. I've put a deal into place to sign Ayala on a permanent deal, cos he was a class act. Need to find some more re-inforcements now, and decide whether I'm gonna play 4-5-1 or stick with my trusty 442. Think I might be a bit too attack minded for the Premiership though.

I am considering starting again even though I won the league, I wasn't able to sell anyone at the start of the first season but from what I hear of other people they made quite a few million with selling players. I got a whopping 1.9 million budget for prem after getting 56 million tv money which is just a joke and with everyones contract ending as I couldnt afford to renew anyone either my team was extremely small. Even with the horrible budget I got I managed to fill my squad out reasonably but some of it was panic buying to be honest, players I would never normally sign.

Weirdly enough I won my first 2 prem games, 1 - 0 at home to Arsenal and a 2 - 4 away to QPR but just not convinced I done enough selling to bring in a decent squad to even help with the low budget for prem. Anyone else had a ridiculous budget? My finances are good now, but the board will not give me any money what so ever. Might stick it till January and build up the finances and then see what happens.

Hello lads. just coming into my third season with Forest and second in the prem. Finished runners up to Burnley by 1 point first season despite smashing Burnley 5-0 and 4-0 in the two fixtures against them. Two key signings for the season were Wellington Nem and Adam Smith on loan, Nem being an absolute steal for his 3.5m release clause he's still bossing it in the prem for me now. They have a decent amount of creative midfielders so i went for the 4-2-3-1 dropping cox into an attacking midfield spot and playing Sharp as the poacher he grabbed 30 goals for the season.

Second season i wanted to improve the defence and goalkeeper as we conceded far too many first season despite Ayala putting in some good performances. Decided to buy Ayala for 5m and he continued being a rock till he was injured out for the rest of the season in early november which has affected his physical stats badly. Lascelles is a good rotation option and did well whenever i put him in and stats are improving steadily. Brought in John Ruddy as new GK although is very inconsistent I've found, also got Ryan Shotton on a free ,Tom Lees for around 2m and Carlos Planas from Barcelona for around 750k all young decent defenders as i struggled to attract higher reputation players. Finished 11th in the end after a very mixed season results ranging from beating chelsea 2-0 too getting smashed by Reading 6-0.

Just starting third season signed Alberto Paloshci, Craig Cathcart and Ibrahim Affelay so far hoping for a top half finish.

wow, just got promoted to the prem in the 1st season via the playoffs. came 6th in the league after having bad run after xmas. beat bristol city 1-0 in the final after destroying bolton in the semis 6-0 agg.

Sharp scored 38 goals for me, had to buy him after that. need to buy a new RB now for the prem. think Ill get Eardley from blackpool on a free.

not sure if i should replace Camp though.

hope i just survive in the prem in the first year, the team isnt strong enough though really need to get some improvements. swansea and southampton got relegated so I hope i can steal a couple good players off them

Third season was fantastic, really built upon the throw that happened on the second season.

Managed to win the Premiership by 11 points, finishing with 87

Won the Carling Cup vs Arsenal

Runners up on the FA Cup losing to Man Utd

Won the Champions League against Barcelona 1-0

Not sure what to do now. Might start a new save with another team.

Third season was fantastic, really built upon the throw that happened on the second season.

Managed to win the Premiership by 11 points, finishing with 87

Won the Carling Cup vs Arsenal

Runners up on the FA Cup losing to Man Utd

Won the Champions League against Barcelona 1-0

capturerbf.jpg

Not sure what to do now. The goal was to win the CL. Might start a new save with another team or try to defend the CL.

just starting the 3rd season of my forest save, managed to stay up on GD last season and have bought in some great youngsters to bolster my squad, my seasons so far:

2012/13:

Tsepo Masilela 750k

Karim Ait Fana 2.7 mil

Geoffrey Tulasne Free

Jerry Vandam 2 mil

Kiko Femenia 1 mil

Carles Planas 200k

Sergi Garcia 200k

Finished 5th and won the playoffs, Billy Sharp was top scorer, simon cox did pretty well too, brought in some good youngsters from Barca B who were all transfer listed pretty cheap

2013/14:

Marc Muniesa 180k

Billy Sharp 2.5 mil

Bobby Low ( Regen ) 250k http://imgur.com/qX0fZ,TUJsC,fbN7I,UqWG4#1

Tony Lagache ( Regen ) 4.5 mil http://imgur.com/qX0fZ,TUJsC,fbN7I,UqWG4#3

Tim Howard 2.3 mil

Toni ( Regen brought by Head of Youth Development ) 50k

Lenny Nangis Loan

Alberto Paloschi 1.1 mil

Simon Kjaer 2.7 mil

Andreu Fontas 3.4 mil

Finished 17th and scraped survival on GD, Paloschi was a massive bust, despite him looking better than cox or sharp, continued my transformation into Barcas dumping ground by signing Muniesa and Fontas who were both transfer listed, Everton were relegated in the first season so i nabbed Howard from them as he was listed by request, kjaer was listed by newcastle too and i took advantage of the buy out clause in sharps loan, both the regens i brought look great, i also got a pretty decent looking right back through from the academy too: http://imgur.com/qX0fZ,TUJsC,fbN7I,UqWG4#0.

2014/15

Alvaro Vadillo 7.5 mil

Alexandre Ekobo ( Regen ) 220k http://imgur.com/qX0fZ,TUJsC,fbN7I,UqWG4#2

Rodrigo 10.75 mil

Morten Knudsen ( brought by head of youth development ) 625k

focused on quality ahead of quantity this season, am only 6 games in, but managed to beat chelsea and liverpool already, vadillo is looking like a great buy, managed to nab him cos betis had got relegated, also signed rodrigo from barca, keeping up the tradition of buying from them, i also tried to sign David Villa as they had listed him, but although he was willing to talk, he wanted too much, i think i offered him every clause going and as much wages as i could, but no joy :( no decent youngsters through this year, but i have succeeded in getting the board to upgrade the training facilities and the academy level.

Right,

Just starting in my game, been fiddling about with a few things with an aim to see what changes I need to make for any upcoming patch, but theres not too many changes made ;)

Will update with signings and stuff after the August window.

Couple of signings, Magnus Wolff Eikrem from Molde for £5m and a pair of fullbacks on loan from Lorient and Ajaccio. Sent 3 reserves/youths out on loan to Morecambe, Rotherham and Oldham, and sold Radi to Freiburg for £2.5m :D

finished the 2014 season. 1st year in the prem and came 11th. was close to getting a europa league spot for a while but lost a few games at the end of the season

need to improve my midfield now, sunderland got relegated so i bought colback. Buying shelvey aswell after having him on loan for a year.

I am a massive Forest fan and I haven't done a Forest one yet on this year game. I'm going to start one this morning. My recommendations would be to sell Findley, Mcgoldrick, Greening and Tubgay to free up wages. with the quality of the squad, these would struggle to get into the squad. Derbyshire would be a decent back up striker to the 3 you got. I would recommend if you sell Derbyshire, to bring in a young striker on loan because the 3 strikers you got, bringing in a young striker on loan will help. I would recommend investing into the youth team eailer so you can reek the benefits of it. Nick Marshall does a cracking job in singling out cracking players

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody else astonished at how good Jamaal Lascalles is? HE has proved an absolute star for my back four since season one. Over the three seasons so far, all in the Championship he has averaged 7.24, 7.42 and 7.58. Just been playing him as an ordinary centre back, focus on marking and positioning and paired him with Michael Mancienne. Also he has an exemplary disciplinary record, in particularly this season with 43 appearances 0 yellows, 0 reds. Could prove to be an absolute star of the future.

Just been promoted via the playoffs in the first season, although to be honest I think it's come too soon.

Cohen still refusing to sign a contract and I don't have the £2.5m it'll take to keep 40-goal Billy Sharp either. On the plus side, Lascalles has been superb this year. However I'm going to need a reasonable budget to even have half a chance of staying up next year.

Hi Guys,

I started a Forrest game this is who I've signed and sold so far.

Transfer In

Wellington Nem - £3.5m

Michael Keane - £240k

Charlie Austin - £1.5m plus Blackstock

Vanden Borre - FREE

Adryan - £875k

Doria - £600k

Transfers Out

Majewski - Wolves - £2.6m

Findley - Watford - £950k

Greening - Sheff Wed - £275k

Tudgay - Huddersfield - £500k

Moloney - Preston - £170k

Any tips welcome had a good start to the season will update shortly.

Nice to see that the thread starter reads Stress and Pie...

Halfway through season 3. Won the league fairly easily season one. Survived first year in the prem fairly easily and won the league cup thanks to Francis Maes (19 year old French goal machine) and Tom Cleverley on loan and the board giving me a christmas present of 12 million to spend, a lot of which went on a Dutch ninja centre half called Ricardo Van Rhijn. Currently loitering around the top 6. Stephen Fletcher, Junior Moraes and Poldolski scoring regularly.

have started up a new save after i accidentally deleted my old one :mad:

got promoted as champions with billy sharp bagging over 30, was reasonably close though, had to win my last home game against hull to guarantee promotion in front of the home crowd and hammered them 4-1 :), made some great signings, got in Ait fana and Masilela like in the last save to cover my left flank, decided to go all out for Zaha and signed him for 6 mil spread over 2 years, got in a few loans and stuff and i was combing the market for a decent right back, every one i found was too expensive or wasnt interested and then everton put Seamus Coleman on the transfer list for 2.5 mil, so i snapped him up asap :D

have started panning for next year, got 18 mil to spend and already spent most of it, made Sharps loan permanent, his value was around the 5 mil mark so to not take advantage of the 2.5 mil clause would have been lunacy :D signed Ezequiel munoz for 4.5 mil to replace Ayala, and have agreed a deal for Ignacio Camacho to come in to Centre Midfield, need to look at a decent Keeper and will have around 5 mil to do it, which could be tricky :D

Just been promoted via the playoffs in the first season, although to be honest I think it's come too soon.

Cohen still refusing to sign a contract and I don't have the £2.5m it'll take to keep 40-goal Billy Sharp either. On the plus side, Lascalles has been superb this year. However I'm going to need a reasonable budget to even have half a chance of staying up next year.

although youve probably gone past this point already, if you get promoted, you get next years initial budgets before sharps loan finishes, so you should be able to get the cash to keep him

well, i just pulled off the transfer coup of the year, Malaga had been relegated and Isco was transfer listed by request, they wanted 17.5 mil and i had 5 mil left to spend, so i had to 48 month it, but **** it, I GOT ISCO!!!!!!!!!! used some of the spare cash to snag Luke Shaw from relegated Southampton for 500k too :cool:

Tempted to make a save with Forest. Good start to the thread. I want another English save after my Arsenal one went to hell, and starting in a non-top flight club and one with Forest's history is tempting. Would be fun to bring them more European glory if possible :)

BTW, bit OT: Is Forest the club that has fallen the furthest of any CL (and predecessor tourney) winner? I mean they didn't just win it once, they won it back to back and haven't back in the PL since 2000? Well hope their luck turns :)

Anybody who is either struggling in defence or contemplating a central defensive partnership for the future can do a lot worse than Lascelles and Mancienne. I'm in season 5, 3 of which have been in the Premiership and these 2 are absolutely immense. Both of them have acquired 7.20+ per season and both valued over £5m+. Highly recommend them both.

in my current save ( my Isco save corrupted :*( ) i just got 2 great central defensive prospects with ( according to my Ass Man ) similar/better potential as Lascelles, theyve already gone out on loans in their first year in my u-18s :)

Anybody who is either struggling in defence or contemplating a central defensive partnership for the future can do a lot worse than Lascelles and Mancienne. I'm in season 5, 3 of which have been in the Premiership and these 2 are absolutely immense. Both of them have acquired 7.20+ per season and both valued over £5m+. Highly recommend them both.

What season did you get Mancienne?

i had paloschi on loan in the second season of one of my saves, hes was awful and got benched for Sharp pretty quick, ive found that if you take advantage of Billy Sharps loan clause, cox and sharp score more than enough goals to keep you up if you get them the service.

Just thought id drop by with my success story with Forest. My fourth season was terrific, finished 3rd in the league and won both cups but due to me getting to the final of the Euro which I lost my final run in was shocking, i literally played 4 games in 5 days so I have no idea how I managed 3rd but we pushed on. 5th season and I am about to win the league, out of the carling cup as I had already won it. Still in FA, just knocked Utd out of the quarters in Champs League, my group was Barcelona, Dortmund and Dinamo so a tough group to get out 2nd.

My team:

GK - Butland

DR - Montoya (looking for a replacement)

DL - Neil Taylor

DC - Lascelles (best player and captain worth 11.5mil after being injured for 4 months and has 4 caps for England)

DC - Ayala (Beast at the back with 7 caps for Spain Av R 7.79)

DMC - M'Villa (world class)

MC - Dzagoev

MC - Khedira

AMR - Weiss (free in first season of prem and finished top assister)

AML - Cleverley

FC - Quintero/Ademilson

I wanted to bring in Kyle Walker at RB and Chamberlain for AMR but Walker is at City so no chance there! My main issue is capacity, the club has progressed majorly but can only get 30k and board always come back with there is no demand for it. Has anyone had any luck expanding the stadium at all?

Archived