FM13: Chelsea F.C – We’ve Got A Star On Our Shirts Now

Bracken

Have done one season of a cheeky Chelsea save, and I finished in 3rd, 7 points off the title. I bought no-one during the pre-season. Sturridge was edited in to go to Liverpool in January so I bought in Demba Ba as his replacement. Ended up replacing the inconsistent Torres(11 goals in 35 appearances) and scored 10 goals in 15 matches.

I have not given Cole or Lampard new deals and don't particularly feel like doing so. I want a younger squad and they both want big wages to continue, so I may let them go on frees. Terry also may not get a new deal and might do the unthinkable- sell him during off season.

I have targeted; 1 LB should Cole leave, a ball winner in midfield and a striker - while also promoting McEachran, Chabolah and hopefully Traore and De Bruyne. I've already bought in Moussa Sissoko on a free, and hope to get Baines, Fernando(from Porto) and a young striker such as Aubeyemang, Damiao or Rondon. Someone mobile who will fit into the system. Torres will be sold, god knows who too though, even if i have to pay his wages. If Terry leaves(probably just run his deal down), then I'll just move Ivanovic to CB.

EDIT: Forgot to say, I got knocked out of the Q/F of the CL to Dortmund.

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robert the Spud: Welcome to the thread, 3rd isnt a bad achievement in the 1st season at all. Torres can turn out to be a very good player if you stick with him and focus on his finishing in training on heavy. However I do understand people run out of patience with him. Demba ba seems to be performing wel for you, has he continued his form? I bought Cisse in an old save and although he scored goals he drove me crazy with the misses that occured even with his 20 for finishing. Terry is amazing even at 34 in 2015 for me and is a great tutor. I just offer them a 1 year deal and every year the wages get less and less (how i got around the huge wages). If you want a young player for the future you could check out Grimaldo and Luke shaw. I have also noticed that our academy tends to bring through some awesome leftback regens for some reason. I have looked at Fernando and he looks like a beast and would be a great player for Chelsea! You could also train mikel to play CD and use him as cover kind of like Barca do with Mascherano. I have done this in my game and Mikel is now my ball playing central defender and he performs pretty well. Unlucky about the Champions league knock out.

Since when has Oscar not enjoyed big games?! I have never seen evidence of this in real life... Makes me think of selling him and bringing through the youth prospects.

Update of my game soon to follow.

Hey, want to sell Torres due to age and high wages and I want someone young and driven to lead the line with Ba. On the subject of Ba, I signed him in January to replace Sturridge, and he scored 10 in 15. Pretty sure given a whole season he'd reach 20 atleast.

I'm thinking of releasing cole, who has the big teams in Italy plus psg and Real Madrid interested, and putting Bertrand in as 1st choice. Maybe bring in experienced cover. Mikel is great, terry will stay one more year, defence is good enough though he is injured a lot and only managed 25 games all season. Will bring courtois back to compete with Cech. Mata is awesome as a striker btw.

Ah well that is very understandable. I would reccomend Abel Hernandez, he is scoring goals for me for fun and would think he would form a great partnership with Ba. Also make sure to keep an eye on Lukaku who has been developing into a monster for my club. Although not getting as many games as he should due Abel being so good(as i was typing that he gets injured hope its not too bad). May look at getting Lukaku a short term loan in January. Another guy you may want to check out is Manolo Gabbiadini who looks like a cracking player and a guy I am tracking.

I eventually let cole go last season (2014/15). Bertrand was playing ahead of him since 2013/14 and has been a good player for Chelsea but Luke and Grimaldo have shown they are very capable and with my young regen coming up I am looking to sell him in January. Did you say you were looking for good midfield players to bring in? Take a look at Ander Herrera-who list Iniesta as his idol and plays very similarly(very similar ppms and technical qualities) and Barcelona are after him in my save and may sell him for big money as I believe he deserves a chance with Barcelona his dream team. I have tried him in that role as a trequarista in the last games and has been awesome!

I don't really have an out and out creative CM - I've got Mikel/Ramires/Sissoko.....Romeu will probably be sold. Did I miss anyone? Luiz can also play there. So I only have space for one more CM. If I get a ball winner then i guess it doesn't matter as we have Mata. Will look at Herrera.

Lukaku will be coming back in the 1st team squad - He got 12 goals for WBA last season which is good return. I'm not sure he'll ever make it but i'll work on him. I've actually put in a £14m bid for Rondon, but Hernandez is a good call.

I let Ramires go last season and he performed well for me but decided it was time for him to go and was a good box to box/ ballwinning midfielder. Mikel is a very good ballwinning/deeplying playmaker and can cover DC very well and Sissoko is a very good box to box-He is a better Ramires in my opinion dont know if he would be a great ball winning midfielder though? Yeah I love Herrera still not sure If I want to let him go. I have also noticed a lot of people have sold Hazard because of his wages but I dont know if I would be able to replace him he has been brilliant for me!

Lukaku has been developing very well on my save and even has 2 more stars potential- http://i.imgur.com/dCmDs.png

Here is how Hernandez looks and has been performing on my save- http://i.imgur.com/QGVmp.png

I am looking to sign a centerback or two who can go straight into the team as Terry is getting old, Luiz wil start declining soon and Mikel is a good make shift Center back but not a natural. At the moment I have narrowed my search down to Grant Hanley and Stefan Bell.

Ended up having a pretty average end to the season in my save. conceding far too many goals (over a goal a game average), so i've bulked up my midfield by signing a defensive guy in Lorenzo Crisetig for £21m and changed my tactics a bit, changed LB and RB to defensive full backs... hoping this makes a difference.

screenshot20121229at143.png

Has anyone got Neymar? I wanna try play him as a Trequarista (his natural role at the start of the game), but he seems to float in and out of games, one game he is spectacular, next he gets a 5-6 rating!? This normal?

Signed Dzagoev for cheap as well, he played 0 games for Barca last season, so at £6.75 for a 4* ability is a no brainer....

Still got a 38 year old Lampard in my first team (getting 10-15 games a season still), he just doesnt seem to drop form! and his technical attributes are still fairly solid.

Offloaded Axel Witsel to Real Madrid for £28m, never really played too well in my formation!

Hey Canal, I have a similar issue in my game. I am scoring loads of goals but conceding way too many. Thats why I decided to sign reinforcements in the Central defense. Were they set as support previously? Also your team looks very young in defence and I have read that young players do seem to be a bit inconsistent and sometimes more error prone , not sure if thats true or not though.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get him and United beat me to him. They seem to play him in the left wing role and he rips me to pieces when I play against them...Left wing-Inside forward. Dzagoev is a great player and a great signing. I let Lamps go last season at the age of 37 and he plays a part time role at Malaga.

January 2016 update:

Fixtures and Results up until January:

6tgLl.png

Unfortunately as you can see we hit a slump towards the end of December and I am hoping we can turn things around very quickly. It is just amazing how a team who looked unbeatable all of a sudden seems like they could be beaten by anybody.

Transfers:

In:

Grant Hanley-11.25 million from Southampton- He hasnt got much potential to improve but he will do a good job and his stats look good plus he has been performing well for them for the last 2 seasons.

Out:

P.Cech-2 mill-Wolves- He wanted another challenge, was back up to Courtois and his contract was running down so I let him go. Will be interesting if he can help them as they are fighting to survive in the league. *Since signing for them they have not lost a game and won/drawn all their games since Jan 1st. Keep it up Cech!

R.Bertrand-10 mill- Aston Villa-Again developed really well and looks one hell of a player but I feel the youngsters coming through are even more capable of doing a better job for the foreseeable future.

T.kalas- 4.8 mill-Blackburn-Developed him into a very good player but for some reason just doesnt feature in my plans...my loss and Blackburns gain.

Wellignton Nem-Free at end of contract-Corinthians

L.Piazon-Released-Didnt develop well

Olinga-Loan-Vit.Guat.-Scored on his debut in the FA Cup and looks like he could be a great player. Lets see what he does out on loan.

Squad:

Part 1 - http://i.imgur.com/moTgX.png

Part 2-http://i.imgur.com/mwVwL.png

Well thats my update for now, if you want a screenshot of any players just let me know.

Hey Canal, I have a similar issue in my game. I am scoring loads of goals but conceding way too many. Thats why I decided to sign reinforcements in the Central defense. Were they set as support previously? Also your team looks very young in defence and I have read that young players do seem to be a bit inconsistent and sometimes more error prone , not sure if thats true or not though.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get him and United beat me to him. They seem to play him in the left wing role and he rips me to pieces when I play against them...Left wing-Inside forward. Dzagoev is a great player and a great signing. I let Lamps go last season at the age of 37 and he plays a part time role at Malaga.

January 2016 update:

Fixtures and Results up until January:

6tgLl.png

Unfortunately as you can see we hit a slump towards the end of December and I am hoping we can turn things around very quickly. It is just amazing how a team who looked unbeatable all of a sudden seems like they could be beaten by anybody.

Transfers:

In:

Grant Hanley-11.25 million from Southampton- He hasnt got much potential to improve but he will do a good job and his stats look good plus he has been performing well for them for the last 2 seasons.

Out:

P.Cech-2 mill-Wolves- He wanted another challenge, was back up to Courtois and his contract was running down so I let him go. Will be interesting if he can help them as they are fighting to survive in the league. *Since signing for them they have not lost a game and won/drawn all their games since Jan 1st. Keep it up Cech!

R.Bertrand-10 mill- Aston Villa-Again developed really well and looks one hell of a player but I feel the youngsters coming through are even more capable of doing a better job for the foreseeable future.

T.kalas- 4.8 mill-Blackburn-Developed him into a very good player but for some reason just doesnt feature in my plans...my loss and Blackburns gain.

Wellignton Nem-Free at end of contract-Corinthians

L.Piazon-Released-Didnt develop well

Olinga-Loan-Vit.Guat.-Scored on his debut in the FA Cup and looks like he could be a great player. Lets see what he does out on loan.

Squad:

Part 1 - http://i.imgur.com/moTgX.png

Part 2- http://i.imgur.com/mwVwL.png

Well thats my update for now, if you want a screenshot of any players just let me know.

How has Mikel been for you Natedog? My uncertainty with him IRL has always meant i ship him off at the first chance, but many people have used him for quite a while!

yeah, i guess my defence is pretty young (oldest is 24, youngest is 17).... that could well be it, but I want this to be my team for the next few years, got experienced players and youngsters, a nice mix, so could be a bright future for my boys.

Have had CB's set at defence and full-backs previously set to support.

Just signed a new GK in Leno (was £25m, but my current keeper's attributes have decreased an awful lot since the last time i looked at him!)

screenshot20121229at160.png

This is basically the last part of my season, I was doing very well up til March, but I think complacency may have become an issue. I mean 13 goals conceded in my last few games is ridiculous (albeit, i'd won the league), but first team was still being played as my first loss of the season was to Stoke in April and I still want an unbeaten season!

Think tiredness may have had an effect as i got dumped out of the CL after coming 3rd in my group and the EC has a few more games. Am going to concentrate a lot more on defensive training this season in an attempt to get this sorted.

Mikel has been a very useful player for my team, even more so that I now know he can play in Central Defence well enough to cover injuries for a long duration. I would say that he had been one of the most consistent performers of my team every season and I cant and wont ask for much more than that from my players. I have a youngster (regen) that will be pushing him all the way next Season called Seth Tegenbos and he plays all the roles that mikel plays in my team-DC,DM,MC...so game on.

Yeah I mean I have noticed that when I play players younger than 23 then often my teams consistency is a bit up and down. Where as when I play the older boys the team stays consistent for a much longer period of time which I think makes sense IRL terms too. Ah I see I have set left back as a wingback-attack, a cover and stopper center back pairing with my right back- right back-support.

Keep going for that unbeaten season we all need a challenge! Mines to win all the trophies then I want an unbeaten season and then I want a team with all english players and then a team with all Chelsea players.

i'm currently in Jan 2018 - in the league, sitting top.

Played 20, Won 17, Drawn 1, Lost 2 (Shame about losing the unbeaten season so early on)... but my boys have scored 58 and conceded 9!

I was saying that I needed to concede less, and i think thats pretty damn impressive with a team with an average age of 23!

One big downer though, Lampard is retiring at the end of the season at the tender age of 39. He'll be joining Didier and JT as coaches nonetheless.

On the plus side, found a real gem of a player in my u18s, but will save the screenshots for a big update tomorrow morning as i need to watch Suits now....

Peace x

It took me a while to finish my first season at FM 13 but it was fantastic. I was struggling through first 2-3 months however I've managed to find a good form and won everything except COC (knocked out at 4th round by Newcastle :( ).

Few screenies:

cArGm.png

My transfers are pretty common choices. Wellington Nem was mainly a sub, same for Adryan. On the other hand Isco and Alaba were great and managed to play about 25 games as a starters each.

YrpLV.png

I had to chase City for the whole season but at the end I've managed to beat them 4-2 at Stamford and win the league with record 96 points. :)

WyNdB.png

qTmiq.png

Two chaps that played the biggest role in my road to success. Mata was a beast at the beginning of the season achieving a mean of 7.9 after first ~15 games.

VbAx1.png

CL final. The sweetest victory of the season. Dominated this game, having more shots and bigger possesion.

Canal thats pretty darn good with a young team! Good ole Lamps, cant believe it looks like he will be leaving in the summer. I have drogba as an u/18 coach, Terry is still on contract and Lamps is still playing for Malaga. Be good to see some of your yougsters I have had some absolute gems come through my academy the last 2 seasons... about 6-8 really good players 3 of which are left backs 2 strikers ( 1 target man and 1 AF/poacher) and a few good midfielders. Massive well done Katone0! Look like you had an amazing season!! I will update my save at the end of the current 2016 season.

Katone- good job man, always nice to destroy the Mancs!

I'll be doing a large update an the end of the season, made quite drastic changes which has completely changed the mentality of my team, with my LB and RB providing more assists than anyone else! Davide Santon is my highest rated player at the moment with 7.67 in 31 games overall!

I am currently 27 points clear at the top, with 9 games to go.... my team is SMASHING it.

I love seeing Spurs, Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal sitting mid table :D

screenshot20130102at162.png

104 points and 6th title in a row. Just WOW. You are clearly smashing the rivals. :>

I'm starting my second season with some big signings.

Transfers in:

Neymar £38 M

Mario Götze £39 M

Kyriakos Papadopoulos £21.5M

Fernando Llorente - free

Mattia Destro - free

Salvatore Bocchetti - free

3 regens for £9.1 M overall

OVERALL: £108 M

Transfers out:

Marko Marin £25 M to Manchester United - I just couldn't resist this offer. £25 M for a sub?

Wellington Nem £16.75 M to FC Bayern - £13 M profit after one year and he had to free a slot for Neymar and Gotze.

Daniel Sturridge £23.5 M to FC Bayern - He isn't a top-notch striker and it's far better than letting him go to Liverpool for 12 M. ;)

Branislav Ivanovic £11.25 M to Valencia

Fernando Torres £11.25 M to Juventus - I'm so happy that I've managed to sell him, especially considering the fact that I didn't have to contribute to his weekly wages. :> (He accepted 100k/week from Juve)

Michael Essien £8 M to Inter - Personally, I love this guy but after so many injuries he isn't any good in FM. :(

Gary Cahill £13.25 M to Juventus - IMHO, he is underrated in FM

A lot of loans (including Destro to Milan and Bochetti to Napoli) and free transfers.

Overall: £112 M

I'm so happy that I've managed to get a profit in this transfer window. Unfortunately I wasn't the only major player during summer transfer window. City bought Vidal for £43.5 M, Muller for £35.5 M, Holtby and Kaka, thus dramatically strengthening their second line. United managed to grasp some stars as well, including Dede, Papiss Cisse, Leroy Fey and Marin.

I have ambitions to win every single trophy this season. So far I've won 4:2 against City in Community Shield and 4:1 against Milan in Super Cup. My new stars had few amazing performances: Llorente with average of 8.35 after 5 games, Gotze with 7.87 after 6 games and Neymar with 7.67 after 4. I can't wait to see how they'll perfom when they get used to the rest of the team. :>

yep, update time!

Right as you can see from my post above, i have been SMASHING it this season. Bought home my 6th successive Premier League Title, domestically im miles ahead but the Champions League still is the tricky one for me! I got knocked out in the group stages last season, but I vowed to prioritise it this time around!

So, my premier league season was a piece of cake, won the league by the end of March following a 17 game winning spree. I had Neymar to thank for most of it, with 34 goals in 34 starts!

screenshot20130103at200.png

I only really bought in Bernd Leno & Lorenzo Crisetig as first team, and they slotted in very nicely, but Roberto Soldado was my CL saviour, with 6 goals in 4 games in the Champions League, he proved to be my cutting edge in a tournament i usually struggled it.

I ended up beating PSG 2-0 in the final, they didnt even get a shot on target despite having Pato and Cavani up top! Neymar and Soldado with the goals (no surprise there!)

As i mentioned earlier, I tried mixing it up this season, i used to rely on my AMC, AMR, AML as playmakers, but if they were marked out of the game by a defensive formation, i used to struggle to score. So i used to draw/lose a lot of games against bottom sides. However, I moved my wingers into AMC's, playing with 3 AMCs in the middle, Hazard, Oscar/Dzagoev, Mata (right footer on the left side, left footer on the right side), and this worked wonders, allowing my fullbacks into the game more (i had them set to cross from deep). Clearly it worked, as i had 6 players with 10 or more assists in the season! which i never used to have.

I don't really feel as though I need to change a lot this season, but I have taken advice and bought in some older players to 'steady the ship'(Gourcuff, Zuniga, Pato all on frees! bought in 5 news players without spending a penny!). Still keeping the same formation as I don't think i'm going to be able to replicate such a marvellous season for a while yet.

So far i have won 6 league titles and 18 cups as Chelsea manager and have seen a lot of players come through our youth system, like this guy -

Des Doyle

I know £98k a week is a lot to be paying a 21 year old, but he was wanted by everyone at the end of last season! so i gave him an incentive to stay!

His speed and physical attributes are exceptional, meaning he is ideal for legging it past players and whacking in the early crosses. Nearly 5 dribbles a game in the PRM, so he's got bags of confidence and he'll just keep improving! he's still only 3.5* CA and got another star to go to reach his potential, which he will, given he's playing 50+ games a season!

Starting to worry about Oscar, I wanted to keep the Chelsea heart, but he's not quite on a par with the others yet, 1 more season perhaps, then i'll change it up again!

If you guys wanna see any other players not necessarily my own, but anyone (as im quite far in now), just ask and i'll show you how they've turned out!

Came back to my Chelsea save after ages not playing it. 4 straight wins get me right back into it. Then we play Sevilla at home and blow a 1-0 lead to lose 2-1. Annoying result and I got torn apart by Navas who somehow made a 50 yard run without anybody even bothering to run towards him. Second in the group now but only the 2nd game in so two wins over the terrible BATE should be enough to put me in a great position.

yep, update time!

Right as you can see from my post above, i have been SMASHING it this season. Bought home my 6th successive Premier League Title, domestically im miles ahead but the Champions League still is the tricky one for me! I got knocked out in the group stages last season, but I vowed to prioritise it this time around!

So, my premier league season was a piece of cake, won the league by the end of March following a 17 game winning spree. I had Neymar to thank for most of it, with 34 goals in 34 starts!

I only really bought in Bernd Leno & Lorenzo Crisetig as first team, and they slotted in very nicely, but Roberto Soldado was my CL saviour, with 6 goals in 4 games in the Champions League, he proved to be my cutting edge in a tournament i usually struggled it.

I ended up beating PSG 2-0 in the final, they didnt even get a shot on target despite having Pato and Cavani up top! Neymar and Soldado with the goals (no surprise there!)

As i mentioned earlier, I tried mixing it up this season, i used to rely on my AMC, AMR, AML as playmakers, but if they were marked out of the game by a defensive formation, i used to struggle to score. So i used to draw/lose a lot of games against bottom sides. However, I moved my wingers into AMC's, playing with 3 AMCs in the middle, Hazard, Oscar/Dzagoev, Mata (right footer on the left side, left footer on the right side), and this worked wonders, allowing my fullbacks into the game more (i had them set to cross from deep). Clearly it worked, as i had 6 players with 10 or more assists in the season! which i never used to have.

I don't really feel as though I need to change a lot this season, but I have taken advice and bought in some older players to 'steady the ship'(Gourcuff, Zuniga, Pato all on frees! bought in 5 news players without spending a penny!). Still keeping the same formation as I don't think i'm going to be able to replicate such a marvellous season for a while yet.

So far i have won 6 league titles and 18 cups as Chelsea manager and have seen a lot of players come through our youth system, like this guy -

Des Doyle

I know £98k a week is a lot to be paying a 21 year old, but he was wanted by everyone at the end of last season! so i gave him an incentive to stay!

His speed and physical attributes are exceptional, meaning he is ideal for legging it past players and whacking in the early crosses. Nearly 5 dribbles a game in the PRM, so he's got bags of confidence and he'll just keep improving! he's still only 3.5* CA and got another star to go to reach his potential, which he will, given he's playing 50+ games a season!

Starting to worry about Oscar, I wanted to keep the Chelsea heart, but he's not quite on a par with the others yet, 1 more season perhaps, then i'll change it up again!

If you guys wanna see any other players not necessarily my own, but anyone (as im quite far in now), just ask and i'll show you how they've turned out!

Canal, totally off topic I know, but can you tell me how you got your name up on the top right of your iMac please.

Cracking squad by the way!

Thanks

Absolutely flying now and the team is playing brilliantly. Anyone else dominating games more on the new patch or are my team just in great form? Played about 8 or 9 games since the patch and only have had less than 20 shots in about 2 or 3 of those games (probably still had at least 15 though) e.g. against United at home I had 22 shots with 9 on target. Also had 2 or 3 30+ shot games as well. Maybe my team are just majorly in form.

edit - my computer just turned off on me, mid-game. Luckily it didn't corrupt the file but I now have to play BATE and Liverpool again. I should beat BATE but I lost to Liverpool just now so I hope I lose again, feels like cheating otherwise. Slightly worried about my laptop actually as it didn't even crash it just switched off. Battery fine and everything.

bucket - i'll do my best it explain!

right.

System Preferences > Accounts (sometimes called 'Users and Groups') > Click on the padlock (very bottom left) > Enter password > In the white box on the left hand side, click 'Login Options' (has a little house next to it) > Then, tick the box box that says 'Show Fast User Switching Name As' > Select what you want!

Hope that helps man!

bucket - i'll do my best it explain!

right.

System Preferences > Accounts (sometimes called 'Users and Groups') > Click on the padlock (very bottom left) > Enter password > In the white box on the left hand side, click 'Login Options' (has a little house next to it) > Then, tick the box box that says 'Show Fast User Switching Name As' > Select what you want!

Hope that helps man!

Legend, thanks mate!

I am currently in my third season (Feb 2015) and he is just on loan at Hull who are now in the PL. He has 3.5 star potential and is a good championship player at the moment so I am hoping he will at least be a good backup.

On an absoutely amazing run at the moment. 20 consecutive wins have me top of the league by 6 points (playing 2nd place United away next), I'm in the final of the C1C v Spurs soon and the 5th round of the FA cup against Nottingham Forest at home. I have drawn Real Madrid in the first knockout round of the CL so that's not great. I don't know what it is but I don't feel like my team can lose at the moment. Hazard, Mata and Gotze just dominate, yeah they do some crazy runs and miss a lot of shots (like I have seen it being moaned about a lot in GD) and I do have a ridiculous amount of shots sometimes. Saying that I do dominate teams so that's probably why.

Chalobah has had his breakout season and is now playing first choice with Terry. Received his first England cap as well. I have a young right back Adam Vale (5* potential) who is already a decent PL player at 17 on loan at Blackburn, also have Jon Banks a DM in my u18s with 5* potential as well, also a decent PL player already. Plus I have Jamie Carr-Lawton, another DM who has 4.5* potential and is having a good season at Villa. It's going pretty great, it's fair to say.

Lost my wining streak after I played a weaker team away at Reading and lost 3-0. Still 5 points ahead of United with a game in hand though but next 3 PL games are Arsenal away, Liverpool who are 3rd at home and then Spurs at home. Tough few games so I hope we don't mess it up. Especially considering how much my team crumbled with 4 games to go 7 points clear last year.

My winning eventually was something like 25 in all comps plus broke the record for the PL. Got United at home next game in the FA cup 6th round, won the C1C and just beat Madrid 3-1 at the Bernebeu in the first knockout round 1st leg.

I hate this game :D

12 mins from the CL final and that ***** Gaston Ramirez scores for United, I then push everyone up and lose 4-1. So annoyed as Spartak are the team in the final = easyish win for United and would have been for me. Carrick equaliser on half time did it, also the 94 minute penalty they somehow won in the first leg probably helped. So annoyed. At least I can hopefully win the PL to **** up their little trophy haul.

Right i'm going well on my Chelsea save so i thought i would share my game with yourselves. I'm playing with the latest patch, but have edited in Demba Ba and Sturrigde also have added DMC to David Luiz as he is finally playing this role with Chelsea irl. I am currently in the middle of November, first season. I lost the community shield 2-1 to City, but won the Club World Cup.

Transfers:

1206090282.jpg[/url]

Shawcross coming in Jan for £7.25m, he requested a transfer

League:

1206180742.jpg[/url]

Squad:

1206202495.jpg[/url]

On my 7th year. Might have to resign soon as I've won everything at least three times. Will see out my last year and move abroad I think. In my 6 years, Chelsea is the biggest club in the world with a 75k stadium. (Zola Arena) and have 6 of the best 10 players in the world in starting 11.

Funny Facts:

- Liverpool were 1 point from relegation last season

- Barcelona are not in the Champions League after a terrible season with Roy Hodgson in charge.

- South Africa won the world cup in 2018. (They beat Germany 3-0 in the final)

- Ajax are European Champions (Lost to them on pens)

- QPR are in league 2. (HAHAHAHAHA)

Got bored of my Newcastle save, so started one as Chelsea, as I fancied being in charge of Hazard, Oscar and Mata. Also, Benitez made a right hash of Chelsea's first season on my Newcastle save, ended up finishing 8th, so I thought I could do a hell of a lot better.

Transfers

In:

Demba Ba £7m

Kurt Zouma £15.5m

Wellington Nem £3.5m

Out:

Daniel Sturridge £9m

John Obi Mikel £11.5m

Paulo Ferreira £500k

Florent Malouda £1.6m

Victor Moses Loan

Gary Cahill £9m

Hoping to get another striker in before the end of the transfer window, as Torres and Demba Ba aren't really enough, well, Torres isn't good enough anyway. He used to be on FM, but not anymore. Then I'll be pretty much sorted. Here's how I'm lining up:

-----------------------------Cech--------------------------------

--Azpilicueta---------Terry--------Luiz---------------Cole-------

---------------------Ramires------Lampard----------------------

------------Oscar-----------Mata---------------------Hazard------

------------------------------Ba-------------------------------------

Just into September now as Chelsea. Managed to make one more big signing at the end of the transfer window. After failing to agree a deal for Neymar, Cavani, and giving up on Lewandowski, I managed to sort out signing Leandro Damiao. Resulting in Summer Transfer Window signings of:

Transfers In

Demba Ba - £7m - Had success with Ba in my Newcastle save, and for £7m, you've got a goalscorer who can fill in at AML if Hazard picks up an injury, and a striker, who, if injuries result in him leading the line, will get you 20 goals a season. A steal for the price.

Kurt Zouma - £15.5m - Being tutored by John Terry (good for his footballing ability, bad for the WAG's of Chelsea), and has already made an appearance in the First Team, scoring in the super cup win over Atletico. Young, talented, physically gifted defender who at 17 will almost certainly develop into a star.

Wellington Nem - £3.5m - Another youngster who has a cheap minimum fee release clause. Highly rated by the scouts, and one who, with a bit of game time should develop into a future first team player.

Leandro Damiao - £36.5m - My most expensive signing, and a replacement for Torres, when I finally manage to find him another club. Damiao is highly rated, an excellent finisher with composure, determination and heading ability. Hopefully, with ample service from Hazard, Mata, Oscar and Lampard he'll bang the goals in and assist us in working our way up the league.

Luke Shaw - £3.2m - Joining at the start of the 2nd Season, Shaw is a future prospect. Rated very highly by the scouts, the Southampton left-back should benefit from being tutored by Ashley Cole, and hopefully, with the right training and first-team experience, will become the next England left-back. He certainly looks very promising.

Adryan - £875k - A standard buy for a lot of people, Adryan is an absolute steal at £875k, especially given the fact he demands very reasonable wages also. Adryan is blessed with very well-rounded stats. He's mentally very good, is obviously very technically blessed, with excellent passing, free-kicks, technique and dribbling. With the right training and tutoring I'm sure he'll live up to the 5* rating my scouts have applied to him.

Results

Community Shield

Chelsea 2 - 3 Manchester City

Ba, Hazard - Kaka, Dzeko, Y Toure

Disappointing result really. Was leading 1-0, and then 2-1, but poor defending allowed Dzeko, and then Yaya Toure to score, resulting in a 3-2 loss. We pressed hard at the end to try and get one back, but City held firm, and took the Community Shield.

Premier League

Stoke 2 - 1 Chelsea

Jerome, Crouch - Hazard

Wasn't happy with this performance at all. Stoke completely dominated us. Etherington demolished Azpilicueta, and Jerome and Crouch were just too much for Luiz and Ivanovic to handle in the air. We improved in the last 10, with Hazard getting a late goal, but it wasn't enough, and the season started with a poor 2-1 loss.

Premier League

Chelsea 3 - 0 Wigan

Ivanovic, Luiz, Mata

A nice response after the poor performance at Stoke. We dominated Wigan in the air, scoring 2 goals from Hazard corners, with Mata rounding off a nice move to add a third. This was Damiao's debut, and with a solid 7.2 rated performance we looked a lot stronger.

Euro Super Cup

Atletico Madrid 2 - 6 Chelsea

Cech og, Gabi - Luiz (2), Ramires (2), Lampard, Oscar

A superb performance, in an action packed game. Not only were 8 goals featured, but it was one of the longest games I'd ever seen on FM. It lasted about 15 minutes with all the highlights. Atletico had 19 shots, with 9 on target, and we had 18 shots with 12 on target. Also, Atletico got Raul Garcia sent off on 56 minutes, just to add to the excitement. Great game, and a really good performance. 2 perfect responses to the Stoke game.

Premier League

Chelsea 3 - 1 Sunderland

Lampard, Hazard, Zouma - Bramble

Another good performance. Hazard impressed again, getting another goal, bringing him to 3 in 5 games. Lampard slotted away a penalty, and, after Sunderland got one back, and Ivanovic got sent off, substitute, and debutant Zouma capped off a solid team performance with a goal.

After 3 league games, we sit 8th, with 6 points. Tottenham, Villa and Arsenal leading the way with 10 points from 4.

One other thing, has anyone else had any problems with Ashley Cole and contract negotiations? I managed to drop Lampard's wages by £40k a week, but Cole wants to negate that, by wanting an extra £40k a week. There was no budging either, he was very stubborn. I want to keep him, as I would like him to tutor Shaw when he arrives, but if he continues to be awkward about his salary, I might have to let him go!

So completed my first full season on FM13, and very enjoyable it was to, however takes ages!

Chelsea Season Review 2012 - 13

Domestic:

League Cup: Got knocked out at the semi final stage by Blackpool in which was a very strange game, well the first leg went as planned 2 - 0 at home, but the second leg was a different story 3-0 up after 30 mins they pulled 2 back before half time and ended up winning 6-3, 6-5 on agg. Man City Grabbed the trophy.

FA Cup Winners! pretty uneventful really beat Spurs away 1-0 in the quarters, beat liverpool at home 3-2 in the semi and dominated Arsenal in the final winning 3-0

League

1811132343-orig.jpg[/url][/img]

As soon as i Court up the the same games as everyone else i took first place and didn't look back, very happy with the campaign!

Europe Smashed the group to be honest, lost 2 games away to dortmund (no shame in that) and same result at home but i had already won the group so i rested the first team. Next round i drew Madrid and didn't do well losing 4-0 on agg, bayern eventual winners beating barca 4-0 in the final!

Super cup beat A. Madrid 3-1

World Club Cup beat Corinthians 2-1 in the final!

Other achievements where Manager of the year, also awards for Mata, Hazard and Cech and 5 players in team of the year. Best transfer was Howedes 7.80 ave rating, Bargain!

Objectives for the season ahead is defiantly do better Europe.

Tranfers

1812075447-orig.jpg[/url][/img]

Squad

1812101397-orig.jpg[/url][/img]

Starting to get a little bored of this Chelsea job now. Have one of the best squads in the game, and storming every PL game by at least 3 goals. Unbeaten for 50+ games. Might resign at the end of the 2018/2019 season and go abroad. Maybe revitalise Inter Milan or something.

Just into September now as Chelsea. Managed to make one more big signing at the end of the transfer window. After failing to agree a deal for Neymar, Cavani, and giving up on Lewandowski, I managed to sort out signing Leandro Damiao. Resulting in Summer Transfer Window signings of:

Transfers In

Demba Ba - £7m - Had success with Ba in my Newcastle save, and for £7m, you've got a goalscorer who can fill in at AML if Hazard picks up an injury, and a striker, who, if injuries result in him leading the line, will get you 20 goals a season. A steal for the price.

Kurt Zouma - £15.5m - Being tutored by John Terry (good for his footballing ability, bad for the WAG's of Chelsea), and has already made an appearance in the First Team, scoring in the super cup win over Atletico. Young, talented, physically gifted defender who at 17 will almost certainly develop into a star.

Wellington Nem - £3.5m - Another youngster who has a cheap minimum fee release clause. Highly rated by the scouts, and one who, with a bit of game time should develop into a future first team player.

Leandro Damiao - £36.5m - My most expensive signing, and a replacement for Torres, when I finally manage to find him another club. Damiao is highly rated, an excellent finisher with composure, determination and heading ability. Hopefully, with ample service from Hazard, Mata, Oscar and Lampard he'll bang the goals in and assist us in working our way up the league.

Luke Shaw - £3.2m - Joining at the start of the 2nd Season, Shaw is a future prospect. Rated very highly by the scouts, the Southampton left-back should benefit from being tutored by Ashley Cole, and hopefully, with the right training and first-team experience, will become the next England left-back. He certainly looks very promising.

Adryan - £875k - A standard buy for a lot of people, Adryan is an absolute steal at £875k, especially given the fact he demands very reasonable wages also. Adryan is blessed with very well-rounded stats. He's mentally very good, is obviously very technically blessed, with excellent passing, free-kicks, technique and dribbling. With the right training and tutoring I'm sure he'll live up to the 5* rating my scouts have applied to him.

Results

Community Shield

Chelsea 2 - 3 Manchester City

Ba, Hazard - Kaka, Dzeko, Y Toure

Disappointing result really. Was leading 1-0, and then 2-1, but poor defending allowed Dzeko, and then Yaya Toure to score, resulting in a 3-2 loss. We pressed hard at the end to try and get one back, but City held firm, and took the Community Shield.

Premier League

Stoke 2 - 1 Chelsea

Jerome, Crouch - Hazard

Wasn't happy with this performance at all. Stoke completely dominated us. Etherington demolished Azpilicueta, and Jerome and Crouch were just too much for Luiz and Ivanovic to handle in the air. We improved in the last 10, with Hazard getting a late goal, but it wasn't enough, and the season started with a poor 2-1 loss.

Premier League

Chelsea 3 - 0 Wigan

Ivanovic, Luiz, Mata

A nice response after the poor performance at Stoke. We dominated Wigan in the air, scoring 2 goals from Hazard corners, with Mata rounding off a nice move to add a third. This was Damiao's debut, and with a solid 7.2 rated performance we looked a lot stronger.

Euro Super Cup

Atletico Madrid 2 - 6 Chelsea

Cech og, Gabi - Luiz (2), Ramires (2), Lampard, Oscar

A superb performance, in an action packed game. Not only were 8 goals featured, but it was one of the longest games I'd ever seen on FM. It lasted about 15 minutes with all the highlights. Atletico had 19 shots, with 9 on target, and we had 18 shots with 12 on target. Also, Atletico got Raul Garcia sent off on 56 minutes, just to add to the excitement. Great game, and a really good performance. 2 perfect responses to the Stoke game.

Premier League

Chelsea 3 - 1 Sunderland

Lampard, Hazard, Zouma - Bramble

Another good performance. Hazard impressed again, getting another goal, bringing him to 3 in 5 games. Lampard slotted away a penalty, and, after Sunderland got one back, and Ivanovic got sent off, substitute, and debutant Zouma capped off a solid team performance with a goal.

After 3 league games, we sit 8th, with 6 points. Tottenham, Villa and Arsenal leading the way with 10 points from 4.

One other thing, has anyone else had any problems with Ashley Cole and contract negotiations? I managed to drop Lampard's wages by £40k a week, but Cole wants to negate that, by wanting an extra £40k a week. There was no budging either, he was very stubborn. I want to keep him, as I would like him to tutor Shaw when he arrives, but if he continues to be awkward about his salary, I might have to let him go!

Just leave Cole sweating for a bit. I managed to get him to sign a 2 year contract sometime in January I think and he lowered his wages to about £100k or so, then I added another year recently reducing it a lot more. Same with Lampard, I think he is 37/8 on my game and down to about £40k a week. Romeu got much better for me and wanted a much bigger contract which I am yet to negotiate (15k to about 60k he wants) and Ramires, although he is awesome, is wanting £175k a week which isn't going to happen.

Panicked, didn't wanna lose him, so gave in to his demands, stupidly. Really should have hung on and left him waiting.

How damn good is Eden Hazard? 13 goals in 18 games, average rating of 7.88, playing like a beast. Never really had much luck with Hazard in FM, but finally got him playing properly. If anyone wants to know how, Inside Forward as AML :)

Also, one other thing. Is anyone else having an issue with finances? In November of the First Season, and £18m in debt. Will Roman sort it out in Jan, or at the end the season, or do I need to make some money by selling a few players?

I don't know. It's more important to go into your finances and look at the projection for the end of the season. If it's in the red then that's bad but mine I was losing money every month but the competition prize money really puts you up. From what I have seen on here Roman no longer just pumps money in.

Hi everyone. I just finished my first season as Chelsea manager, so I thought I'd give you a summary.

Transfers - "only" two in. Didn't sell anyone, but loaned out loads of youngsters

overganger_sesong_1.jpg

Tactics - I've played this game a lot and therefore wanted to try something different. Short passing, slow tempo, max width. I've set long shots to rarely on all players. The goal is to give the three midfielders max creativity and let them control the game.

taktikk.jpg

Needed to retrain quite a lot of players to new positions. I've had some serious injury problems to some of them due to the high training intensity.

I started the season with four tough away games without the team fully knowing the new tactic, so I lost against United, Arsenal, Liverpool and drew vs Man City. Until about November I played with a poacher and a trequartista as forwards, but that didn't work out too good. I therefore changed the trequartista to a deep lying striker to close the gap between the midfielders and strikers. That worked wonders.

I ended up winning the World Club Championship, Capital One Cup, Premier League and Champions League.

Have a look at the Champions League final. Quite possibly the most exiting game I've ever had in FM:

cl_finale.jpg

Took the lead 3-0 after 27 minutes, then real went 3-4 up after 68 minutes before we turned it around winning 5-4. It was particularly nice as Cole and Terry scored the winning goals :)

Ahead of the new season I've signed Llorente and Destro on free transfers. Cole might go unless he lowers his wage demands. Then I'll try to bring in Alaba from FC Bayern. Elsewhere I'll look to sell Torres, Romeu and possibly Cahill.

NB! I'm getting increasingly worried about the finances. The numberes would be hugely in the red hadn't it been for the success in the Premier League and Champions League. I might look to lower the wage costs heavily.

Finished my first season, about to go into my second, and having a pretty good time of things at the minute. The first season ended incredibly successfully, winning 4 trophies, with Premier League, Champions League, World Club Championship and Euro Super Cup triumphs. The Premier League was very close, and went all the way to the end. Arsenal pushed me hard, and going into the final game of the season were leading by 2 points, but, after we beat Southampton 3-1, and they lost 2-0 to City, the League was ours.

The Champions League win was the most impressive achievement, the run of games was brutal. Here's how the knockout stages went:

Chelsea 1 - 2 Barcelona

Damiao - Villa, Messi

Barcelona 2 - 5 Chelsea

Pique, Villa - Damiao, Mata, Defoe (2), Marin

Chelsea 3 - 1 Real Madrid

Lampard (2), Damiao - Ronaldo

Real Madrid 1 - 0 Chelsea

Ronaldo

Chelsea 4 - 1 FC Bayern

Zouma, Oscar, Ramires, Defoe - Bastuber

FC Bayern - 3 - 1 Chelsea

Muller (2), Gomez - Oscar

Chelsea 3 - 0 Galatasaray

Mata, Defoe, Hazard

Brutal run of games, to get Real, Barca and Bayern in 3 consecutive rounds is just harsh. Fortunately, Galatasaray knocked City out in the Semis to make the final a little more straight forward.

You'll notice a few goals in there for Jermain Defoe. Might seem a bit of a strange signing, but, in January Damiao was injured, Ba was away, and Torres got sold to PSG, so I needed a striker, and Defoe seemed to make sense. Boy did he do well. 11 goals in 13 games, second top scorer in the league for us after Hazard, did really well.

Been big changes in the summer transfer window. Quite a few first team squad members leaving, and lots of new faces. Here's a summary:

In:

Luke Shaw - £3.2m

Neymar - £61m

Fernando Llorente - Free

Lewis Holtby - Free

Wallace - £5m

Henrique Aman - £5m

Out:

Demba Ba - £20m

Ryan Bertrand - Loan

Yossi Benayoun - £5m

Marko Marin - £20m

Michael Essien - £8.75m

Branislav Ivanovic - £22m

I've also got Dede coming in for £28m, as he's on the transfer list by request, so hopefully Terry, Luiz, Zouma and Dede will be more than enough CB coverage. Have an unreal strikeforce now too, with Neymar, Damiao and Llorente. The midfield is ridiculously strong, with Lampard, Ramires, Holtby, Oscar, Hazard, Mata, and Wellington Nem. Hopefully we'll do even better this season!

He looks ridiculously awesome. How much did you have to pay for him?

Ooops. Going to be struggling for money again this season. Bought Fellaini at the end of the transfer window, as he was transfer listed, and only set me back £17m. Now back in the red, but hopefully we'll get out of it at some point!

Archived