FM13: Chelsea F.C – We’ve Got A Star On Our Shirts Now

Bracken

Second season done (waiting on patch to motivate me to play again)

IN: Falcao,Dede,Alaba and Yann Mvila and got like 5-7 hot prospects; 1 of em a very very promising RB/LB age:18 from Brazil

Out: Torres, Essien, Mikel, McEachran, Cole, Malouda, Marin, Moses (cant let Lampard and Terry go eventhough they are very expensive wage wise)

Playing my own 4-1-1-3-1 tactic with best line up: GK:Cech/Courtois; LB:Alaba; RB:Azplizueta; CDs:Luiz and Dede; Anchor:Mvila; BWM:Ramires; AMC:Mata/Oscar; LeftIF:Hazard; RightIF:Sturridge/Or 1 of the prospects I got(finding rightIF hard to find) and AF:Falcao.

Also using De bryne often versus defense teams as his passing and long shots make them shiver in fear - instead of Ramires.

Its a good team :) Chelsea need to get a striker who makes goal irl too - Torres is not that man anymore :(

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started the season losing on penalties to Fulham in the Community Shield. Llorente equalised on his debut but my short quick passing game means they create loads of chances but miss a lot. Annoying as IRL I don't think they would miss them all but the game can't let me score them all otherwise I would destroy most teams quite easily. Annoyed with that result as I dominated them but tbh I need a break from this for a while to concentrate on coursework so when I have some proper free time again I will give it a real good go.

tcoleman - i have the same problem. Loads of chances created, but like 20-30% on target!

Very annoying when you're dominating and the opposition get a late equaliser with their first shot on target.

How can we change this?

tcoleman - i have the same problem. Loads of chances created, but like 20-30% on target!

Very annoying when you're dominating and the opposition get a late equaliser with their first shot on target.

How can we change this?

Yep, I've been having a similar problem too. Perhaps not quite to the level you guys are suggesting, but definitely wasting a lot more chances than most opposition teams. A new patch just came out, so fingers crossed!

How can we change this?

Tbf in that game Fulham had a few more chances than I made out but there goal was just from a corner. I scored loads of goals in pre-season including beating Marseille 6-1 at the Veledrome. However near the end I scored less and less until I drew 0-0 at some rubbish Chinese team the drew will Fulham. Tbh not too worried about the Community Shield but on the game it's technically another trophy.

I had both Cavani and Llorente on at one point but couldn't get the goal. Might change my tactic tbh, only the settings though. Currently trying a short quick passing and it really does open up the oppo but lately I either have players hit it straight at the keeper or long shots that are rubbish. Not getting much through to Llorente/Cavani. Gotze is transfer listed so may go for him but I managed to unsettle Neymar whose I can approach for free in 5 months so will do that.

Said I would take a break from it but might play some later. The Fulham game was hopefully a one off and I have WBA at home first game of the season to hopefully get a good win.

Not a Chelsea supporter, although after many years of hating you for stealing Scott Parker, I must say I like your attack midfield this year.

From my POV, Roman never wanted to give the job to RDM. After the CL heroics, I think his decision was forced, it would have caused uproar if he didnt keep him after that.

RDM is a genuinely nice fella, but as a manager of a top team, I am not so sure. Most of his success comes from what people call, back to the wall, counter attack heroics. But at a top team, with the forward talent that is available to him, I think those terms are being used to disguise what is really a desperate talent.

The right decision by Roman, but once again hes gone the wrong way about it

2 succesive PL wins to get over the loss to Fulham on penalties and then we go and play absolutely terribly and draw 1-1 at home to Liverpool. Again it's like the players just can't pass and when they do the forwards do pointless stuff. I say I will stop playing but who knows what I will do tomorrow.

Struggling to keep myself away from this tbh. As some of you may have read I drew my last game 1-1 at home to Liverpool despite dominating again.

Any reccos from people who bought Gotze of how to play him in the 3 up front behind the striker?

Also I sent Lukaku to Vitesse and they are playing him in the reserves. Pretty sure I put a recall clause in but no option atm. They are going to ruin him.

Right after a few failed attempts, I'm now in January and pleased with how my game is going. Firstly transfers:

Transfers In -

Romelu Lukaku recalled from loan

David Alaba (Bayern) £17.5m

Wellington Nem (Fluminese) £3.5m

Jores Okore (Njordsjaelland) £1.3m

Adryan (Flamengo) £875k

Alan Dzagoev (CSKA) Free in January

Future Transfers In -

Fernando Llorente and Daniele Rugani on frees at end of season.

Transfers Out -

Ashley Cole (Man City) £15m

Florent Malouda (PSG) £2.2m

Paulo Ferreira (Bremen) £800k

Daniel Sturridge (Everton) £12m + 50% sell on

Connor Clifford (Crewe) £200k + 50% sell on

Billy Clifford (Wolves) £600k

I play a 4-2-3-1 deep with a control mentality. It started well at first, although I lost the community shield and super cup. However i struggled during October drawing too many games (only won 5 from first 12 in the league). I also upset a number of players with my team talks.

Therefore I made a change in mentality to an attacking, direct style and I have turned things around. I've gone from 11 points behind United to now just 4 and comfortably won the Club World Cup. I won all 6 group stage games in the Champions League and have been rewarded with Real Madrid in the next round!

Not sure what to do with transfers now in January. Falcao is transfer listed but Madrid still want £40m+ for him. Another person transfer listed at the moment is Javier Hernandez who is not wanted by United despite scoring 15 goals in 10 starts. They want £12m for him but I'd rather take him on loan and try him out first.

Right, after a well-earned post-election 2 week holiday, I'm now finally ready to fully start my full game on here. I'll also update the OP to reflect recent...developments :(

My first job is to trim a little from the wage bill and get rid of some deadwood, and ship out Torres (now absolutely certain of this as I do partially blame him for recent events IRL). I'll let you guys know how it gets on as soon as my transfers are all done, might take some time as I ticked the "add players to playable teams" tab, so should be a few regens for me to find straight away as well.

If anyone has any records they'd like in the first few pages, post them now and I'll start adding them!

Right, after a well-earned post-election 2 week holiday, I'm now finally ready to fully start my full game on here. I'll also update the OP to reflect recent...developments :(

My first job is to trim a little from the wage bill and get rid of some deadwood, and ship out Torres (now absolutely certain of this as I do partially blame him for recent events IRL). I'll let you guys know how it gets on as soon as my transfers are all done, might take some time as I ticked the "add players to playable teams" tab, so should be a few regens for me to find straight away as well.

If anyone has any records they'd like in the first few pages, post them now and I'll start adding them!

As do i mate!

Just hit December the 1st in my new save and Hazard has jus got injured for 3-4 months -_- Actually feel like quitting!

I got 19 assists in the league with Hazard if you want to put that in for a record?

Also hitting 100 points in the league too.

They look very good mate - I particularly like Lukaku. Do you have any tips / advice on how to develop players that well?

- Heavy training schedules (I had Lukaku on advanced forward heavy for his training)

- Lots of tutoring

- Game time

Thats all I did.

Right so, here's a little update on my save:

Transfers in:

Leandro Damiao - £28.5m

James Ward-Prowse - £8.5m

Wellington Bruno (Regen) - £850k

Rafael Fernandes (Regen) - £475k

Keiran Kirwan (Regen) - £525k

Gilberto Ribeiro (Regen) - £525k

Other regens - £2m

Total: £41.4m

Very pleased with my transfer business, I've shown screenshots of those four as they are the players who could play a role in the first team this season. Wellington Bruno and Rafael Fernandes are already firm fixtures on the first team bench and in cup or less important games, and I'll look to phase in the other two as the season continues (and once they get back from injury). All four are already being tutored and haver improved a little since their arrivals, though the injuries have hampered them. I've also completely revamped the staff so I've got 4.5-5 stars on pretty much every category and a good selection of scouts and physios.

Transfers Out

Fernando Torres - £9.75m

John Obi Mikel - £12.75m

Florent Malouda - £2.4m

Paulo Ferriera - £975k

Lots of youth players on loan or released

Total: £25.9m

Got pretty decent prices for the players I wanted rid of, though I'm paying a hefty portion of Torres' wages (can't remember the exact amount) it's worth it to be rid of him. All those players sold are over 48 month instalments, just how I prefer to do business.

Results

So far, so very good. Though I beat City 3-1 in the Community Shield, that score line was a little flattering and they dominated large parts of the game. However, since then we've gone from strength to strength, winning every game, and so far after 5 PL games we're yet to concede a league goal. In the CL, we've got a tough-ish group, with Shakhtar, Dortmund and Ludogerets (no, me neither), but we're doing so far with 2 wins from 2. Our only struggle thus far has been against Stoke in the League Cup, where we just managed 2-1 away win after extra time. Still, really pleased with the style and results I'm getting so far.

Damiao currently leads the scoring with 10 goals in 8 games, he also has 4 assists. Hazard leads the assists with 7, followed by Mata on 5. Oscar has been the most disappointing of the three, with just 1 goal and 2 assists, but he is in a deeper role and still gets solid ratings. The defence has been terrific, lead by Terry who currently has an average rating of 8.4 after 7 games, which is huge for a CB for me. He also has 2 goals thus far.

Overall, really pleased with the start, the match engine seems great since the latest patch and I've got my team playing some lovely football using the formation I posted in the op-ed (4-2-3-1 with 2 CMs and 3 AMCs). Hope everyone else's saves are going as well, I do have a slight problem as I'll be without a recognised right back for the next few games, with Azpilicueta out for 2 weeks and Ivanovic out for over a month. Luiz is also just coming back to fitness so I'm not sure if he's ready to fill in there just yet. Anyway, onwards and upwards, I'll update you guys when I get to Christmas or January.

Restarting my Chelsea save after testing the team and signings in my first save.

Transfers in:

Adryan

mc/amc-17-Flamengo-875k-Young and I have a 4 year plan to bring him through, starting with a year in the reserves when he arrives and focusing on speed for the year.

Wellington Nem

mc/amc/aml/amr/st-20-3.5 mill-Loads of potential, can play across whole attacking front and he will be working on his finishing.

Jores Okore

19-1.2mill-DC-Will be working on his heading and passing.

Jordan ayew

20-Loan-St-Like him in real life and wanted to give him a try, also need cover for the striker position-Training will be focused on Finishing

Hajime Hasogai

loan-cover for DM

Will Hughes

17-3.6 Mill-Hot english prospect-covers positions from mc upwards-Working on his first touch

Josh Webb

550k-17-DR-Hot Prospect

Jonathan

loan-inter-DR- Cover for the full back position.

Wallace

Fluminense-4.4 mill-18-Great young right back with loads of potential, will be playing in the reserve for a year with the odd 1st team game and then he will be sent on loan to a feeder club before being sent out on loan to hopefully a champ/prem league team.

Transfers out:

Malouda-2.1 mill-PSG

Loads of youth that I didnt feel would ever be good enough

Will be playing a 4-5-1 for the majority of the season with a 4-2-3-1 as the 2nd tactical formation. I will be retraining Ramires to play in DM position and Moses to play striker. This provides me with more cover in those positions.

Team:

GK-Cech/Hilario

DL-Cole/Bertrand

DC-Terry/Ivanovic/Okore

DC-Luiz/Cahill/Okore

DR-Cesar/Jonathan/Wallace

DM-Mikel/Ramires/Romeu/Hasogai

MCL-Oscar/Lamps/Hazard

MCR-Lamps/Mikel/Romeu

AML-Mata/Wellington Nem/Hazard/Marin

AMR-Hazard/Marin/Moses

ST-Torres/Ayew/Moses/Sturridge/Nem

Update to come later

Still in my first season. Been a bit of a strange one!

17 points clear in the league after 29 games and still in the FA Cup - amazed by how easy it's been domestically. Out of Europe to Montpellier 3-2 on aggregate - we just needed one more goal at home in the second leg but hit the bar 3 times and missed a hat full of chances.

As I said above, my only major two signings were Fellaini and Alaba, with Malouda and Cole going the other way. Llorente is joining on a free in the summer and currently trying to sort a deal for Falcao - he's available for £25M but I want to get him down under 100k p/w wages. May well get rid of Hazard in the summer because, although he's been superb, I can't put up with his extortionate wages. The same goes for Torres.

Looking forward to hearing how your save goes Natedog, and looks like you're doing well so far kamikaze_josh, I know Hazard's wages are a pain but I just don't think I could let him go, he's just so great.

So far, pretty damn good on my save. After 18 league games, we're top with 48 points, 16 wins and 2 losses (Man City and West Ham, both away. City was a tough one, lost 2-1 which was probably a fair result though we played ok, West Ham we were awful and they deserved it.) Other than those two losses, we've won pretty much everything. Still in the league cup, with Blackburn in the semis, won the World Club Champ over Corinthians, won the Super Cup, Community Shield and we're going strong in the CL, winning every group game with Montpellier in the second round.

Even more pleasing than the results has been the style of football, some lovely passing play, great through balls from the AMC's and great finishing from Damiao. Damiao now has 35 goals from 28 games (helped by scoring a hat trick in our last game, a 5-1 win at home over Man Utd :cool:), Mata, Oscar and Hazard have 13, 13 and 12 assists respectively, and 8, 3 and 7 goals. Very pleased overall.

However, right now I need your help!

In our last match, Lampard tore his calf muscle and is out for between 3-4 months. I haven't yet renewed his contract and may now let it expire, I'll see how badly his stats drop (they were already falling). The problem is, I only have James Ward-Prowse as my other MCL, playing a deep-lying playmaker role, and he's just not ready to play every game. I use Ramires as my ballwinning midfielder, with Romeu as his backup. I sold Mikel at the start of the season. My goal was to have Lampard as first choice for another season, with then either McEachran or Ward-Prowse taking over, but now I'm not sure. So, here I think are my options:

- Bring in a loan player as a temporary replacement

- Spend some cash (I have around £10m to spare if necessary) to find a permanent replacement, but risk jeopardising my McEachram/JWP idea

- Move Ramires across, have Romeu as ball-winner, and find a new DM

- Move Oscar back to MC and find a new temporary AMC until De Bruyne comes back.

So, any thoughts guys? Any idea who I could get for a reasonable price as either a stop-gap or a permanent replacement, or if anybody might be available for loan? Let me know your thoughts!

Bracken, how about Cabaye? He was going for around £10M on my save in January. Reasonable wages and a 4 star rating. He could be your replacement for Lampard whilst you blood the two youngsters. Was very tempted to sign him myself to be honest, but in the end resisted the temptation to buy anybody. Brilliant start to the season, good luck! Damiao. Wow.

Nearly finished the season, 94 points on the board with 2 game to go... can we hit the magic 100?! FA Cup final to go too against West Brom. Will post full season stats once those 3 games are done and dusted.

Won the league in the end with 98 points - 25 clear of Man Utd in 2nd. Spurs were 3rd and Norwich 4th! My 0-0 against Norwich on the last day of the season secured them 4th by 1 point from both Man City and Arsenal, but City went and beat Barca in the CL final to deny them Champions League football next season! That 0-0 was the only league game we failed to score in all season, as we racked up +67 goal difference.

We lost the FA Cup final 3-1 to West Brom and as mentioned previously: won the Euro Super Cup, the Club World Cup and the Community Shield. Defeats to Fulham in the League Cup and Montpellier in the Champions League cost us in those competitions.

Top performers:

Rating: Terry - 7.42, Hazard - 7.40, Torres - 7.25, Luiz - 7.21, Mata - 7.17

Goals: Torres - 25, Mata - 17, Hazard - 15, Ramires - 14, Oscar - 7

Assists: Hazard - 24, Mata - 12, Torres - 12, Marin - 9, Oscar - 8

Time to do some research and develop a squad for the next season which is capable of challenging on all fronts!

Congrats on a good season kamikaze_josh, I'll add some of your records to the OP unless other people want to post info beating them. That's crazy about Norwich too, shame they didn't actually get into the CL, would've made the save really interesting from then on.

I looked at Cabaye but sadly Newcastle wanted a lot more than £10m, I nearly got Andrea Poli for £7.25m but changed my mind, in the end I've gone for Adryan, he's cheap, got great potential and can play a role already. I figure if I do need to grab a more permanent replacement, I can always sell Adryan for profit in a few years. I'll let you guys know how he gets on.

For those who are a little further in, how do Feruz and Traore progress for you guys? Also, anybody have any ideas for a new LB? Cole's contract is running down on mine, Alaba has already gone to United, but I'm looking at someone, preferably young, who can take over right now, any ideas?

Congrats on a good season kamikaze_josh, I'll add some of your records to the OP unless other people want to post info beating them. That's crazy about Norwich too, shame they didn't actually get into the CL, would've made the save really interesting from then on.

I looked at Cabaye but sadly Newcastle wanted a lot more than £10m, I nearly got Andrea Poli for £7.25m but changed my mind, in the end I've gone for Adryan, he's cheap, got great potential and can play a role already. I figure if I do need to grab a more permanent replacement, I can always sell Adryan for profit in a few years. I'll let you guys know how he gets on.

For those who are a little further in, how do Feruz and Traore progress for you guys? Also, anybody have any ideas for a new LB? Cole's contract is running down on mine, Alaba has already gone to United, but I'm looking at someone, preferably young, who can take over right now, any ideas?

I would say you made the right choice with going for Adryan and believe he has huge amounts of potential and as you said he could be sold for a profit if you needed to. I suggest you have a look at Barcelona's young left back Alex Grimaldo as he has a fair bit of potential and It goes along with the idea that you can develop him and mould him.

Update coming soon

August:

Friendlies:

Real Salt Lake-1-0 win

Seattle-0-0 draw

Vancouver-1-2 loss

Chivas USA-3-1 win

Columbus-3-0 win

Luton-6-1 win

FC Bayern-1-1 Draw

As you can see the friendlies didnt go to badly, few mixed results due to getting use to the tactics and trying a few different things. Pleased to draw with FC Bayern as they have dangerous players to cause problems and were the only real test for my team.

Charrity Shield-2-1 win

Super Cup-2-1 loss, lost it in the last minute of the game

Premier League:

QPR-2-2 draw

Norwich-1-1 draw

So not a bad start but not the best of starts as i believe we should be winning these games. This means we will need to work up the table rather than starting at the top. Nem has been very good on the wings as inside forward and in the striker role as deep lying forward, very impressed by him. Hazard has been the best player by a mile scoring and creating for fun.

September:

Champions League:

PSG-2-2-draw away

Pretty happy with this result against the strongest rival in my group and playing away, disappointed I couldnt hang onto the 2-0 lead we have.

Premier League:

Everton-2-0-win

Wigan-3-1 win

Capital One Cup:

Everon-0-0 draw won on penalties

Player of the month has to be Hazard who has been great so far with 4 goals 2 assists and 3 POMs in 9 matches with 7.57 Avg rating.

I sacked Eddie and hired Johan Crujiff as my assistant manager. I think that by the end of the season I will be looking for a replacement for Obi Mikel . He could work in my formation but his ppm to dwell on the ball drives me nuts because it means he slows the game down and gets caught with the ball way to often! I am thinking of either training Luiz or Cahill(has great passing ability) to cover/play DM. Cancelled Hasogai's loan deal as he was just not needed tbh.

So I started again as I was putting out the feeler's and feel I have got to grips with it, The first window has just slammed shut, And I spent big to get some foundation. So here is the state of play:-

Transfers In

K.Papadopoulos - 15.5m

M.Gotze - 28.5m

Wellington Nem - 3.5m

A.Campbell - 600k

M.Bennett - 2.0m

L.Shaw - 5.0m

J.Butland - 3.5m

J.Okore - 1.3m

Rodrigo - 16.0m

S.Jovetic - 17.5m

D.Alaba -17.5m

Total - £111m

Transfers Out

Hilario - 250k

R.Turnbull - 1m

F.Malouda - 2.2m

P.Ferreira - 1m

15 x Loans for youth players.

Total - 4.6m

Pre-Season went fairly well, A lot of goals scored. But a few conceded as well.

Community Shield

Man City - 1 v 2 - Chelsea - Mata, Ramires

Premier Division

Chelsea - 1 v 0 - Wigan - Mata

Premier Division

Liverpool - 1 v 2 - Chelsea - Sturridge, Hazard

Euro Super Cup

Chelsea - 1 v 0 - At. Madrid - Jovetic (In Extra Time)

Injury's

Rodrigo - 2 Months (Seem injury prone so far, Lasted 12 mins on his debut & 34 mins on his game back and picked up serious injury)

Will keep you posted.

[video=youtube;ei7t_wk7LQY]

All though this goal was a fluke, Can't believe Ashley Cole scored from inside his own half from a free kick :D

Ash :cool: that is pretty great. Some big signings there bucky, how did you get the cash for all of them? Also, let me know how Papadopoulos gets on for you, considering signing him myself

Ash :cool: that is pretty great. Some big signings there bucky, how did you get the cash for all of them? Also, let me know how Papadopoulos gets on for you, considering signing him myself

I signed all the big boys on 48 month instalments, Bit of a risk since I have read about a lot of people over spending and getting in financial trouble. We will see how it goes.

As for Papadopoulos, Will keep you posted! He got player of the month for August. :) So good start.

I've just finished my first season and I won the league, beating Spurs by 7 points (although it was only the last couple of games that I pulled away). This was on top of the Club World Cup so a very pleasing and solid first season completed.

My best player was easily Eden Hazard playing left wing as an inside forward. In 37 league games he managed 17 goals and 23 assists, in particular scoring a glut of goals in the last few weeks of the season which helped us win a lot of close games.

Just working through June at the moment and so far I've managed to sell Fernando Torres to PSG for £10.5m and 50% sell on clause. I am also pleased to say that he is only asking for £50k wages to be paid which is not too bad considering what some of you have been saying he asks for. He did well last season scoring 20 league goals but was very inconsistent - he would go through stages of scoring loads then not scoring for a few games. Also as I'm looking over the first couple of seasons to bring down the wage bill I had to look at getting rid, particularly with Llorente joining on a free.

I've also agreed to sell Marko Marin to Bayern Munich for £17.5m + 50% sell on which I think is unreal business! He struggled to get in last season and I prefer Moses as my utility player in attack.

I am able to re-sign Lampard for another year on £75k per week (down from his £140k pw) - do people think that's worth it?

I am also looking at some players who are conveniently on the transfer list currently. Can people please give their opinions whether I should go for these?

Romulo - on transfer list for £30m

Neymar - on transfer list for £35m

Schurrle - on transfer list for £12m

I definately like the look of Romulo as I may sell Mikel who is in the last year of his contract and I should be able to recoup £15-20m for. I'm also trying to unsettle Witsel for my central midfield too. Neymar at the moment would be a bit of a luxury but he is someone I would have liked in the future so may be worth a punt now. Schurrle I see as an improvement within my squad over Marin for a cheaper price.

However would like people's thoughts first...

Romulo does look quality, I'm considering him myself I have to say, maybe open the bidding lower and see if you can get the price down? Neymar at £35m is very tempting, I'd have to say sign him. As for Schurrle, really depends if you need him, he's a quality player no doubt, but you could use Neymar as both a ST and AML/C/R, so not sure if you'd need Schurrle as well.

As for the Lampard deal, I'd say do it and hope he retires after that, the wages are a vast improvement and we'd all like to keep him until he retires wouldn't we?

First of, a great OP especially the squad analysis.

Currently torn between starting a save with Chelsea or Barcelona.

The main reasons for wanting to start with Chelsea are to get Torres firing again (hopefully), to use Oscar, Mata + Hazard but mainly the rebuilding job that needs done when replacing the old guard whilst hopefully reducing the wage bill.

Any other reasons to go with Chelsea as opposed to Barca?

The main reasons for wanting to start with Chelsea are to get Torres firing again (hopefully), to use Oscar, Mata + Hazard but mainly the rebuilding job that needs done when replacing the old guard whilst hopefully reducing the wage bill.

Thanks mate. I'd say also you've got a more competitive league, a greater long term financial challenge, and you a team with great potential as opposed to one who's already at the top of their game. Good luck whoever you choose, hope to hear some updates here in this thread :thup:

essien_5, you might also want to look at Lars or Sven Bender instead of Romulo, if they work out cheaper perhaps?

Chance to defend your Champions League crown and you have some exciting youth for the future as well if you want to use them.

My current first team (just started 2014-15 season):

Ter Stegen

Azpilicueta Dede Terry Criscito

Wilshere Gundogan

Neymar Messi Hazard

Falcao

Managed to get Messi unsettled, Barca were 10th in the league and Messi was unhappy so played the mind games! wasnt cheap (£42m - £10m upfront, rest over 24 months) and wages of £250k p/w... but Neymar, Messi and Hazard together is like most mens fantasy come true!

Messi is so far on over an assist per game, managed 22 assists in 18 games at the end of the 2013-14 season - Beast.

Got Chalobah coming up pretty solidly, hes a perfect replacement for JT.

JT and Lamps are both still getting a good amount of games as their form just doesnt seem to drop below 7.4 average.

Well, this was...interesting.

I got drawn against Barcelona CL quarter final. Ok, I knew it would be a tough game, so I set out to frustrate them and grab a goal or two on the break. First leg, worked perfectly, won 2-0 at the Bridge. Second leg, I got my behind soundly kicked, losing 7-2 at the Nou Camp. Cech finished with a match rating of 2.4, the lowest I've ever seen for one of my players on FM. Well, that CL defence was nice while it lasted, now I've got to rebuild morale for the end of the Prem season.

I am able to re-sign Lampard for another year on £75k per week (down from his £140k pw) - do people think that's worth it?

I think this is well worth it. His tutoring skills alone is worth the money.

Just started a Chelsea save, and the Torres conundrum is a difficult one. May give him the 1st season to prove his worth, and see how we go after that.

I got 30 goals and 12 assists out of him the first season in all competitions. Played him as lone striker using the poacher role.

Thanks mate. I'd say also you've got a more competitive league, a greater long term financial challenge, and you a team with great potential as opposed to one who's already at the top of their game. Good luck whoever you choose, hope to hear some updates here in this thread :thup:
Chance to defend your Champions League crown and you have some exciting youth for the future as well if you want to use them.

Decided to start as Chelsea, just on day one but I unintentionally started with the Spanish start date so I have the whole of July as opposed to starting on the English start date of the middle of the month.

Considering going with an asymmetric formation:

The usual GK and back four

DMC: Mikel

RM: Ramires

CM: Lampard/Oscar

AML: Hazard

AMRC: Mata

I will also have the opposite of this with Hazard playing AMLC and Mata AMR meaning I'll need to buy a left sided Ramires, any suggestions? Think I'll use Malouda for now but will need a replacement soon.

Decided to start as Chelsea, just on day one but I unintentionally started with the Spanish start date so I have the whole of July as opposed to starting on the English start date of the middle of the month.

Considering going with an asymmetric formation:

The usual GK and back four

DMC: Mikel

RM: Ramires

CM: Lampard/Oscar

AML: Hazard

AMRC: Mata

I will also have the opposite of this with Hazard playing AMLC and Mata AMR meaning I'll need to buy a left sided Ramires, any suggestions? Think I'll use Malouda for now but will need a replacement soon.

If they will sell to you then Bale. Also look at retraining Bertrand.

Archived