FM13: Chelsea F.C – We’ve Got A Star On Our Shirts Now

Bracken

Out of interest anyone who signed him, how much did you have to pay him a week? I had to pay him £200k a week and £9mill between him and his agent plus £20k for goal and appearance bonus. Just seeing if everyone else was similar otherwise I may try and go for someone slightly cheaper.

Drawn two of the last three league games, one away at United 2-2 which wasn't bad but just drew at home to Liverpool. Dominated them and they did nothing and we drew 0-0. Mata literally nearly scored the best goal I have seen on FM. Dribbled round the whole team from near our area and hit the post. Now 4 points behind City and Arsenal but have a game in hand so hopefully only one. Arsenal are a tad too good on this unless they are just amazingly in form.

Wow, that would blow my intended wage structure way out of the window! I remember getting him for much less on the Beta.

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Worth an attempt though surely? If not I'm happy to keep Torres and hopefully get the best out of him till Jan and then hopefully Falcao is transfer listed.

I tried, Athletico Madrid were having none of it. May be worth a go though.

Stupidly went back into the negotiations to try and get Falcao down a bit but the talks broke down. Will wait until January and see if I can bring him in on slightly less wages. It's hard as I love him irl and would love him at the club but giving someone £200k a week isn't easy. Is there anyone who is as good as him though, that is interested in coming? Cavani and Neymar obviously but will see how much they will cost.

Managed to get Lampard and Sturridge to sign new contracts I think. Sturridge only wanted a bit more for appearances and 5k more in wage which isn't too bad. Still might sell him in January but will see. Lampard took a 15k a week wage cut and both wanted a little bit of loyalty bonuses but happy they are staying for longer tbh.

Bloody hell. Falcao literally wants insance wages in my game. Asking price lowered to £25.5million but he wanted £240k a week. Cavani transfer now cancelled as Napoli wouldn't let me delay again. Gonna monitor both through Jan and see who I can pick up cheaper. Will spend more wages on Falcao but doesn't seem like he will at the moment. Also Torres has hit a bit of form.

Still saying that for me as well I think, haven't checked and I have just got into Jan 2013.

Have drawn 3 straight games against Reading at home, Stoke away and City away. Can still get just 2 points behind City with my game in hand but outplayed them so it's kind of annoying. Against Reading and Stoke I should have won again but couldn't get a goal. Need to try and get Falcao or Cavani in this transfer window. So frustrating as everything else has gone well. Gonna give it a break until tomorrow again as I feel I am stuck in a bit of a groove just going into matches using the same tactics etc.

Oscar seems to play pretty well in a 4-5-1 as a central midfielder. From here I've set him up as an advanced playmaker/attack.

You also have to take into account that he's young and doesn't know the language at the beginning - he should grow into one of the best in the game!

Yeah that's what i'm hoping. I play 4-3-2-1 with Hazard & Mata as inside forwards and looking at Oscar he has everything to be one of the best in AMC. Hopefully see more of an improvement this season

Made two signings so far Llorente for £27m and Isco for £18m.

Team at the moment:

Cech

Azpilicueta - Terry - Ivanovic - Cole

Ramires - Oscar

Hazard - Mata - Isco (IF - AP - AMC respectively, but all amc)

Torres/Llorente

Verdict guys?

Managed to get Alex Song on loan for the season (50% wages & future fee of £23.5m). He's been both transfer listed and listed for loan on both my saves with Ajax and now Chelsea.

Has anyone here had any success with 18 year old Brazilian striker Ademilson who plays for Sao Paulo? He's available for £5.25m, decent stats for his age and he has 5 star potential according to my top scout.

Just had a bid at beginning of first season accepted for Fellaini...£5m + Sturridge!

I'm assuming this will be a good buy, I've struggled to get the best out of Sturridge on my prior save, he only has a year left on his contract and his wages are excessive for his ability on the game.

Never had Fellaini before but he looks good! Planning on playing a 4-3-3 with him and Ramires vying for the ball winner spot. In big games (especially away) I can also play both to add some steel to my midfield.

I think I might of found it. I've started letting him roam a bit more and setting my DLP as the playmaker, therefore previously Oscar was surrounded, now the opposing midfielders are closing down my DLP more and leaving much more room for him to operate in. Since i've changed it he has 2 in 2

Right I now have taken myself away from Black Ops 2 for a bit to concentrate on my Chelsea save.

As I mentioned above, this is my team (I have Fernando Llorente and Isco who are usually starters ahead of Oscar and Torres)

screenshot20121116at002.png

I like to get my fullbacks forward a lot, thats why Azpilicueta gets the nod over Ivanovic... but also because Cesar has been exceptional in that role.

I've got to grips with the game now, team playing nice football, controlling games and getting tonnes of shots away, but it is common that I have a game where I have 20-25 shots with only like 5 on target!? I havent fiddled around with the backroom staff yet though, but I cant imagine its gonna make that much of a difference? Is it?

So, who has found the best way to play Hazard, Mata and Oscar? Anyone got them to really gel?

Hazard is like this after 7 games -

screenshot20121116at003.png

Solid, but not exceptional, but he's the only one of the three to remain in the side consistently (Mata had 4 weeks out and Oscar's form dropped so was replaced by Moses/Marin temporarily).

Anyone had any progress with Chalobah? He turned into a monster on my FM12 save, but he doesnt look anything like as good in this!

Just had another prime example of poor shooting from my boys!

Chelsea Vs West Ham at The Bridge.

Final Score 1-0.

I had 21 shots, 4 ON TARGET, 68% possession. Why cant i turn this into more goals? Suggestions welcome folks! :D

Can't suggest much to you canal as I have this problem. After my anger last isn't going to go back to the save today. I'm in January so need to decide who's coming/going and sort out contracts.

Still annoyed at my 3 straight draws but if I win the game in hand I am only 2 points behind City who I'm sure play away at Spurs and Necastle soon. Anyone have any reccos in terms of team talks/tactics after drawing 3 straight? Drawn too many this season and ost of the games I have drawn are downto missing chances rather than conceding too many.

Im not doing to badly at the moment in my save. Im 2nd in January but I have decided I need a striker that scores goals badly! Torres is pants and sturridge jusnt isnt good enough yet. I have signed Llorente on a free and looking to get another striker in. Also looking to add a box to box midfielder and may get cabaye to replace Lampard...The rest of the signings will be youngsters. Mikel scoring a cracker- http://youtu.be/5F2wVW6LMCs -so far he has scored 7 goals and has 5 assists in 23 games.

Just had another prime example of poor shooting from my boys!

Chelsea Vs West Ham at The Bridge.

Final Score 1-0.

I had 21 shots, 4 ON TARGET, 68% possession. Why cant i turn this into more goals? Suggestions welcome folks! :D

Decrease tempo and long shots

Really disappointed - I felt last year was going to be my last FM, but Chelsea winning the Champions League and the players they brought in the summer gave me the thirst to go once more and it was the most excited I've been for a long time in playing a new FM. But I just cannot get into it, really struggling to get the right balance!

So frustrating when I want to spend time playing it given that Black Ops II is so dreadful!

Quick update, I said in my previous post that the game was a bit iffy. I was correct, but was only in a mini-run of not being able to win. Ended up bringing the morale back up and we went on a short winning streak before losing again, but ended the season strongly with a 25 game unbeaten streak. Ended up winning the Prem (last game of the season, mind you), Champions League, Club World Championship and the FA Cup, which wasn't bad at all. Roman only decided to offer me a new contract with two months remaining on the original one, which made me quite fidgety and led to looking for other potential jobs. A five year contract is quite comfortable though.

Transfer wise for the second season, Falcao (£27.5m; £98k wages), Destro, Insigne (both frees) and two youth players are the only purchases so far. There's been a number of loans and releases on the way out, plus Mikel was sold for £15.5m and Ivanovic went for £16.75m. Means that i'm £2.5m up in terms of transfer, looking to extend that in the January window. The first team squad is now as follows:

Goalkeepers: Petr Cech, Jack Butland.

Defenders: Cesar Azpilicueta, Ryan Bertrand, David Luiz, John Terry, Gary Cahill, Jeffrey Bruma.

Midfielders: Oriol Romeu, Ramires, Frank Lampard, Oscar, Juan Mata.

Wingers: Raheem Sterling, Eden Hazard, Daniel Sturridge, Lorenzo Insigne.

Strikers: Fernando Torres, Falcao, Mattia Destro.

Usually start a new football manager with Barcelona or Arsenal to get a feel for things but decided to go Chelsea this year. I really like some of the players that have been brought in and overall they seem like a more interesting team to watch.

I use a solid back 4 in all of my three tactics with a DM in two of those. I brought in Fellaini to play in the DM spot and David Alaba to slowly replace Cole in the left back position. My third and final purchace was a young Brazilian midfleilder named Adryan.

Chelsea have a hard start to the season but I was happy with the first months results.

Man City 1 - 2 Chelsea (Oscar and Lampard penalty ) Community Shield

Man Utd 0 - 1 Chelsea (Lampard) Premiership

Chelsea 3 - 0 Arsenal (Torres(2) and David Luiz) Premiership

Athletico Madrid 0 - 2 Chelsea (Oscar and Hazard) Euro Super Cup

Happy with the way my team are playing, various goal scorers and passing the ball about well. difficult start to the season with Liverpool away up next but it will start to become easier after that and I can finally start rotating some players.

Champions League Draw: Olympiakaos, Lille and Red Bull. any easy group to be honest and I will be looking to qualify top.

Capital One Cup 3rd round draw: Norwich at home. Good opportunity to play a young squad and still qualify.

Almost reached Christmas in my save (thankfully the crash issues seem to have gone away). Got off to a poor start and was struggling for goals, but all of a sudden everything clicked.

Premier Division: Currently on 41 points after 16 games - 7 clear of Utd and we have a game in hand. Scored 40 goals and conceded just 10. The highlights so far have been a 6-2 win against Arsenal, who were top at the time. It was 5-2 at half time and Marko Marin grabbed a hattrick! The following week, Utd came to the Bridge and were sent packing 1-0 by a late Oscar goal. The only defeat was away at City (2 late goals having lead 1-0) and the two draws have come away at Reading (1-1) and home to Everton (2-2). Another late rally was needed against Everton, having been 2-0 down with just minutes to go.

Champions League: Just got out of the group (as winners) thanks to two goals in the last 5 minutes against Udinese. We'd had 10 men since the 23rd minute and were 1-0 down. Zenit were winning away at home to Feyenoord in a group where all 4 teams could still go through on the last match day. With 5 minutes to go, we were on 8 points, Zenit on 9 and Udinese on 11. I went crazy when Lamps equalised, but then realised that all 3 teams were on 9 points and we were still heading for the Europa League. Thankfully, Mr Mata stepped up in stoppage time to send us through! We've been drawn against Montpellier in the 1st KO Round.

Club World Cup: Beat Monterrey 2-0 in the semi final, just about to take on Corinthians in the final.

European Super Cup: Beat Atletico 2-1, with Sturridge scoring both.

CS: Beat City 1-0 (Torres), but we were outplayed and got lucky.

FA Cup: Not entered yet.

LC: Lost in the QF's to Fulham on penalties after an uncharacteristic 0-0 draw.

Top performers - Terry: 7.35 - 23, Torres: 7.28 - 24 (1), Luiz: 7.26 - 22 (2), Hazard: 7.25 - 24 (2), Marin: 7.22 - 10 (3)

Goals - Torres: 12 - 24 (1), Mata: 11 - 25 (2), Hazard: 5 - 24 (2), Sturridge: 4 - 6 (17), Oscar: 3 - 20 (4), Moses: 3 - 3 (7), Ramires: 3 - 21 (3), Lampard: 3 - 10 (13), Marin: 3 - 10 (3)

Assists - Hazard: 12 - 24 (2), Mata: 6 - 25 (2), Torres: 6 - 24 (1), Ramires: 4 - 21 (3), Bertrand: 3 - 10 (4), Sturridge: 3 - 6 (17), Marin: 3 - 10 (3)

Will post tactics later today, but it's a fairly simple 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 hybrid.

Came to the conclusion this month that I, eventually, want to offload; Marin, Bertand and Ivonovic. Will look to bring in Hummels at the biggening of next season and look for some English players to add depth.

September Update:

Liverpool 1 - 2 Chelsea (Mata and O.G) Premiership

Red Bull 0 - 2 Chelsea (Lampard and David Luiz) Champions League

Chelsea 5 - 1 Sunderland (Mata, Lampard(2) and David Luiz(2)) Premiership

Chelsea 3 - 1 Norwich (Oscar, Moses and Ramires) Capital One Cup 3rd Round

Chelsea 3 - 1 (Hazard, Mata and Oscar) Premiership

Good start to the Champions League and the Capital Cup. Sheff Utd in the next round away from home. Pleased with Lampard and Hazard, however Torres has been very poor this month. Trying to brin on Lukaku as a sub every game to give him some time on the pitch.

Just bought Cavani and have gambled trying to sell Torres. He currently won't attract interest for £10million but more bothered about someone paying his wages tbh.

He scores 2 on his debut as City lose to keep me 2 points behind them but with a game in hand.

Approaching the half way point of the fifth season. Currently dominating Europe, thought I'd post up a dew screenshots for people to see. Here is my usualt starting lineup and my current tactics/instructions I use.

ChelseaTactics.jpg

Since the start of last season I changed my style of play to more of a possession tactic. Its been very successful, I've been way more consistent, conceding less goals in the process but scoring a bit less too. I go to places like United Liverpool and City and comfortably win. I've had such amazing results with this team, and I'm currently unbeaten in 20 league games in my current season.

LeagueTable14-15.jpg

LeagueTable15-16.jpg

Thought I'd upload shots of some of my players stats over the years. Hazard and Neymar have been exceptional for me. Hazard's assists have been record breaking and Neymar's consistently kept a high scoring tally every season.

HazardHistory.jpg

NeymarHistory.jpg

OscarHistory.jpg

Just thought I'd upload a few pics of some regens I have coming through the squad. I love raising up youngsters with huge potential and getting the best out of them. Its something I've always enjoyed doing, I usually sell a player when they reach their late 20's/early 30's and play the youth. My squad won the treble last year with an average age of just 24. Here are a few of my regens coming through that have made it into the first team.

JimmyWright.jpg

KevinFranke.jpg

AlexNasa.jpg

FranzHeiss.jpg

It's definitely harder to beat smaller teams in this game. Finally get back to winning ways and some good results in my favour means I am 2 behind City with a game in hand after being 5 behind without a game in hand at one point. However just drawn 0-0 at home to Southampton. The team just randomly played badly for no reason and it happens way too much tbh.

Approaching the half way point of the fifth season. Currently dominating Europe, thought I'd post up a dew screenshots for people to see. Here is my usualt starting lineup and my current tactics/instructions I use.

ChelseaTactics.jpg

Since the start of last season I changed my style of play to more of a possession tactic. Its been very successful, I've been way more consistent, conceding less goals in the process but scoring a bit less too. I go to places like United Liverpool and City and comfortably win. I've had such amazing results with this team, and I'm currently unbeaten in 20 league games in my current season.

LeagueTable14-15.jpg

LeagueTable15-16.jpg

That's the same formation I've been having success with. Different roles though. Planning to develop a back 3 tactic once the first season is over.

Draw for the 1/4s of the CL puts me with Real Madrid and then City/United in the semis. Arsenal get Fenerbahce and then either Lille/Benfica in the semis. Talk about an easy draw for them. I also have to do this without Cavani as for some stupid reason it wasn't possible to register him despite the fact he only played Europa football with Napoli.

I suppose the upside is that if I do manage to get to the final then the hardest team I could face would be Arsenal.

I'm only into October of my first season, managed to bag Demba Ba for a healthy £7m which he is turning out to be value for money. Also managed to get Astori on deadline day for £6.5m. Astori been used as a back up for the CB's.

Only problem is getting my team tactically attacking...the defending at times with the team is shocking and we give away very poor goals.

Thoughts appreciated people.

What's your formation? I am 31 games into the PL season and have only conceded 18 goals. It was scoring I sometimes find hard.

Just smashed United 4-1 but Oscar broke his leg :( Fellaini knobbled him and got sent off. How badly will this affect him in terms of potential now? Was trying to polish him into Lampard's replacement freeing up a space in the front three to bring in Neymar but this makes it a lot harder now.

9 point league now cut to 6 after a complete joke of a 2-0 loss at home to Newcastle. As usual this game just makes a team who have won 9 straight games play like QPR for no reason. ****ing joke.

What's your formation? I am 31 games into the PL season and have only conceded 18 goals. It was scoring I sometimes find hard.

Just smashed United 4-1 but Oscar broke his leg :( Fellaini knobbled him and got sent off. How badly will this affect him in terms of potential now? Was trying to polish him into Lampard's replacement freeing up a space in the front three to bring in Neymar but this makes it a lot harder now.

9 point league now cut to 6 after a complete joke of a 2-0 loss at home to Newcastle. As usual this game just makes a team who have won 9 straight games play like QPR for no reason. ****ing joke.

I'm playing either a 4-2-2-2 or a 4-2-3-1, with strategies controlled and fluid

They did okay for me. Marin was great but suffered with some inconsistency and Moses was a good backup.

Finished my first season now and won the league, WCC, CS and the Euro super cup. Lost 4-1 on aggregate to Madrid in 1/4s of the CL (which United won against Arsenal). Also lost 1-0 to Liverpool in the FA Cup and 1-0 to Spurs in league cup. Overall happy with the season and lots to build on.

Got some good youngsters and loads of players to move on in the summer. Got Llorente coming in to rotate with Cavani and going to try and bring in another player to start/rotate in the attacking 3. S many players ranging frm cheaper options like Willian to Neymr, also looking at Muniain.

I finished my first season by winning the Community Shield and Super Cup but only came 4th in the Prem and got knocked out by Barcelona by 1 goal in the knock out stages. Started really well being unbeaten for something like 20 games and then went on an awful losing streak.

Second Season Transfers:

Out:

Ivanovic-10 million

In:

Leanardo Bittencourt-Loan

Llorrente- Free

Montoya-Loan

Squad:

Goalkeepers

1-Courtois

2-Cech

3-Delac

Fullbacks:

Left:

Cole

Bertrand

Van Aanhalt

Right:

Azpilicueta

Montoya

Central Defenders:

Terry

Papadop

Cahill

Luiz

Chaloboah

Omeruo

Midfielders:

Defensive:

Mikel

Ramires

Papadop

Central:

McEachran

Oscar

Advanced: and Wingers:

Hazard

Mata

Marin

Oscar

Bittencourt

Moses

Strikers:

Llorente

Cisse

Ademilson

Torres-Trying to sell

Sturridge-May sell

Trying to sell Torres as well. Finally got an £11million offer from Leverkusen but Torres wanted another £100k for 3 years which works out at like £15mill for a player who doesn't play for me anymore. Porto just bid £12million now so hope they will offer him more wages.

Trying to sell Torres as well. Finally got an £11million offer from Leverkusen but Torres wanted another £100k for 3 years which works out at like £15mill for a player who doesn't play for me anymore. Porto just bid £12million now so hope they will offer him more wages.
Stopped my game in January of the first season, just to get a grip of transfers. Best deal I was able to strike for Torres was from PSG - £5M with £58k p/w of wages still on our books. Still not ideal, but that meant Falcao's wages (98k p/w) and what was left from Torres added up to £19k p/w less than Torres was getting before. Falcao came for £32.5M, meaning that less Torres's transfer fee and the overall saving on wages, it was effectively £23.5M for the best centre forward in the game. Like I said though, this was just a test run - Falcao is infact out with a broken leg at the moment and Torres has been performing well, so none of this may ever happen. It is possible though!

I may just have to give up and sell him anyway. I have Llorente and Cavani to fight for one position and he will never really play. Getting some money is better than none tbh. Looking at a clearout of some of the youth players but it's hard to get rid of some with stupid contracts. Players like Bamford,, Piazon etc. who may make the grade but look like they require more work than their potential warrants may be out.

If I can get Torres to go and take under £100k from me then I will let him go. Tbh the transfer fee would pay for the wages anyway.

edit - no luck selling Torres or Sturridge atm. Sturridge has gone on loan to West Brom for the season, no fee a month but they are paying 60% of his wages which helps my wage bill. Plus they can buy him any time for £12million. I thought if he has a good season there I can either keep him or sell him next year. Torres is much harder, accepted moves to Leverkusen, Porto and Dortmund but only if I pay him over £100k for 3 years which is too much for me. Currently trying to farm him out on loan with 50% wage contribution, a monthly fee and a £12million buy clause. Again it will get him off the wage bill slightly and could sell him next year.

In terms of transfers coming in. I currently have only bought Llorente for the first team and bought some good young English players for my youth team. The only criticism of my side last year was not enough goals at some points so I feel with Llorente I have another option up front. My defence is pretty solid and am happy with it, got Okore developing nicely and a 6'7 Welsh tank regen needing a couple more years til he's in the team. Had some success getting rid of some unwanted high earners from the reserves but Clifford, van Aanholt and a couple of others are still being paid a bit by the club but I got a decent amount for some and I am looking at a £10million profit this year in the projections.

Sold him for just under £8million to Benfica. He did still look good but got some good youngsters coming through and want to give Romeu more of a chance this year.

Torres has now left. Atletico came in for him for £12million and I am paying him £92k a week still. Better than him sitting around on £175k a week though. In other news, I am trying very hard to unsettle Phil Jones as he looks to be a great replacement for Terry when he eventually can't do it anymore.

Archived