FM 13 Tottenham Hotspur- Where 4th Place Is No Longer Good Enough

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paulinho , Who is your playmaker. ST or AMC.

Thanks.

I didn't specifically tick playmaker but in my 4231 the AMC role was AP, one of the MC's DLP & the striker is trequartista.

In the 41221 the 2MC's are AP attack & DLP support.

What are the Ball Playing centre back and Central defender set to? Both Defend? Or one cover? (which one)?

Both defend, I experimented with all the various DC settings & can honestly say it made no difference that I could tell.

I also set actually set it up originally by mistake with the DMC as support & the DLP defend.

Half way through the season I changed it around & I didn't actually notice much difference there either.

• 3 weeks later...

Need some help guys.

Im at the end of Jan in my first season its all been going ok but losing to Fulham away was the final straw. Im now 8th, 4 points off 4th so lots to play for but im just conceding too much and not scoring enough.

Player ratings arent great, Lennon barely gets a 6 most games and no player has an average above 7.3 or so. I can beat good teams, I can beat awful teams but the inconsistency is killing me. Im worried the board will turn on me soon. Any basic advice?!

Need some help guys.

Im at the end of Jan in my first season its all been going ok but losing to Fulham away was the final straw. Im now 8th, 4 points off 4th so lots to play for but im just conceding too much and not scoring enough.

Player ratings arent great, Lennon barely gets a 6 most games and no player has an average above 7.3 or so. I can beat good teams, I can beat awful teams but the inconsistency is killing me. Im worried the board will turn on me soon. Any basic advice?!

What tactics are you playing with dude and have you bought/sold anyone? The squad at the start is most suited to playing a 4,1,2,2,1 or a 4,2,3,1 imo. I conceded a lot in my first season also but I think that was mostly due to too many injuries and my team getting used to my tactics. I'm in my 4th season now and playing with these tactics

958n.png

and heres how its doing for me

3coa.png

1st season with Spurs i did the double, won the league and league cup. Had loads of injuries and was always trying to figure out tactics but i think this season 2nd we should win everything.

Transfers:

xqiv.th.png

The usual line up

8xm.th.png

League

zft.th.png

Squad:

hj12.th.png

I'm thinking of starting a Spurs save after my QPR save has crashed. Everyone is playing Bale as IF(A) on the left but I never had success with IF on their prefferred flank (left foot on the left flank, etc) so any tips to get Bale to score like IRL?

So I've started game with Spurs and going very well so far.

I'm early into 1st season in November but I'm finding that Naughton is performing a lot better than Walker has anyone else found this and how is Naughton in years to come on your Spurs saves?

Naughton and Walker are both good for me.

I cannot fathom why im doing so badly. I've spent ages investing in full 4.5/5* coaches in all positions, spent ages designing tactics and trying to tweak. Have a good attacking formation and defensive one for harder teams but I'm 8th, 6 points of 4th with 4 games left. I've invested so much in youth and new players coming in for the future and am in the FA Cup final, yet I fear im going to be sacked as I promised them CL football...

Why did I return to this after 7 years out?! ARGGGH

Squad:

hj12.th.png

How have you got Bale as 5* and so many as 4.5*?!

For me, Bale is 4.5* and Lloris/Walker/Sandro/Holtby are only 4*

My biggest problem seems to be scoring goals. My GD is only +8, I dont blow anyone away and I conceded a few too many. Really cannot fathom what im doing so wrong :(

Ha, oddly I am now 7 points off 4th with 3 games left and was rated as insecure. Levy just offered me a new 4 year deal.. still listed as insecure. Either im safe in my job or thats a bug.

After all that fear, i've now made it through!

New stadium, only 49.5k... Lloris is 5* along with Bale. All the others that should be are now 4*5 PA.

Now I just need to figure out a tactic that works, any advice is welcome!

i play a 433 fluid/control with 3 central mids 2 bwm's in sandro/demble/carrol/parker with siguradson and kovacic as ap, then bale/lenon/holtby as my inside forwards with soldado upfront with defoe and kane as backups took 3/4 months at start for them to get use to the tactic.

I've invested my entire budget on youth and regens on long term repayment plans, I have 14 players with a 5* PA :D

Probably a bit silly but its so hard not to grab another for a few mill when they pop up.

1st season is now over for me and an interesting season in that with winning the Premier a league title in my first attempt.

We secured 84 points with Chelsea in second place with 78 points.

We was playing fantastic but hit a big blip struggling to score goals in the final 3rd of the season Defoe no goal in 14 games! Dempsey no goal in 11 and I believe will be looking to sell. I had Ade score 15 in 17 but came back from African Nations injured for rest of season.

Signings wise I brought in Luke Shaw from Southampton as Ekotto was sold for 8million. shaw played and started 20 games with a 7.08 rating and did very well for first season with us. My star signing was Belhanda.... Read in this forum about him so signed him for £18 never looked back won player of the season in the Premiership, 5 goals in 28 starts but 25 assists is incredible!!

In January El Shaaraway was brought in for £10 plus Lennon who was terrible all 1st half of season and El Shaaraway started to look a good signing and looking forward to full season with him. Finally Falcao was brought in for £27mil after the board gave me extra £35 million in January played 4 scored 3 then injured for reason of season.... Shame but will look forward to next season with the Colombian.

League cup see us lose on penalties to West Ham in the quarter finals with me fielding a young side in every round.

Fa cup was terrible going out to Cardiff in the 3rd round which was utter disappointment!

Europa League we went out to Marsellie 5-4 which was such ashame as the competition was very winnable in my eyes.

So next season will creep up on me and I will look to likely shift Dempsey, maybe Parker for younger legs, maybe Defoe as he disappointed me also this season a new back up keeper is an absolute must and first on my list of signings.

Currently at 30th January 2018.

Sitting top of the league, during my time at Spurs (2012-current) I've won 12 cups, 3 leagues and I'm currently on form to secure my 4th league win.

The squad looks a lot different, with some regens coming through really well, 3 in fact are turning into first team regulars.

I'm just in search for the Champions League cup and then I'll be happy to end my reign at the Lane.

Here is one of my favourite regens that is pushing Bale to RM while Lamela/El Shaaw are out.

20kvscn.png

Not quite as good as Bale was at that age but he's showing a lot of promise, future first choice LM for England I'd say.

Started a save in February 2013 using Sweden as a country loaded at the start. Took over the Spurs job the day before the last of the season and the club finished 13th. It hasn't stopped me getting quality players though. Currently a few weeks into the transfer window and my dealings so far are:

In:

Falcao £28m

Fellaini £13.75m

A.Ayew £12.5m

Hamsik £27.5m

Santon £8m

Capoue £13m

Clyne £8m

W.Hughes £7m

Forster £7.5m

A.Campbell £5.5m

Sterling £15.5m

J.Hernandez £15.5m

B.Davies £13m

Out:

Livermore £5m

Dempsey £5m

Huddlestone £5.5m

Friedel £250k

Bentley £2m

Naughton £3m

Rose £2.3m

Adebayor £13.5m

Dembele £12.5m

Assou-Ekotto £5m

Parker £5m

Smith £1.6m

Falque £1.6m

Carroll £425k

Holtby £6.5m

Sigurdsson £5m

Also getting Honda on a free in Jan. Talk about a hugeeeeee spending spree

Started a save in February 2013 using Sweden as a country loaded at the start. Took over the Spurs job the day before the last of the season and the club finished 13th. It hasn't stopped me getting quality players though. Currently a few weeks into the transfer window and my dealings so far are:

In:

Falcao £28m, Fellaini £13.75m, A.Ayew £12.5m, Hamsik £27.5m, Santon £8m, Capoue £13m, Clyne £8m, W.Hughes £7m, F.Forster £7.5m, A.Campbell £5.5m, Sterling £15.5m, J.Hernandez £15.5m, B.Davies £13m

Out:

Livermore £5m, Dempsey £5m, Huddlestone £5.5m, Friedel £250k, Bentley £2m, Naughton £3m, Rose £2.3m, Adebayor £13.5m, Dembele £12.5m, Assou-Ekotto £5m, Parker £5m, Smith £1.6m, Falque £1.6m, Carroll £425k, Holtby £6.5m, Sigurdsson £5m

January Ins: Honda free, Yanga-Mbiwa £12m, Lucas Moura £9m and Facundo Ferreyre £7.75m

Jan Outs: Defoe £3.1m, Fryers £250k

I ended up winning the league by 2 points after being ahead for much of it and regaining the lead back after Man United conceded a last minute winner away to Man City 3 weeks before the end of the season. I also won the FA Cup beating Championship Swansea in the final 2-1 after being 1-0 down at half time, having 6 players injured and a tired squad. Best results were 2-0 at home to Man City, 3-3 away at Man Utd, 2-1 away to Arsenal in the FA cup, 4-4 away at Man City, 5-1 away at Man Utd in the FA Cup and 2-0 at home to Arsenal too.

Dawson was unreal

Vertonghen useless

Caulker and Kaboul were solid

Hernandez was brilliant for most parts

Bale was unreal

Aaron Lennon was solid

Fellaini, Hamsik, Sandro were great

Ben Davies and Sterling were shocking

Falcao was disappointing and inconsistent.

---------------------------------------

My 2nd Season and 3rd in the game

Transfers In - N'Koulou £16m, Fierro £7m and £10 m worth of regens

Transfers Out - Vertonghen £10m, Ferreyra £8m

Lost in the Community Shield 5-1 to Man Utd.

Hey, lads, some very nice posts in here. I read the last couple of pages to see how everyone manages Tottenham in their games, some pretty decent achievements :thup:

I decided to have a go with Tottenham after I recently watched highlights of their 3:1 win over Man City [i have a soft spot for teams that beat them :D ]

In the beginning of the season, my only transfer dealings were offloading Assou-Ekoto to PSG for 8.5M Euro and loaning out Defoe to Swansea [no one wanted to buy him]. In came Brazilian Ronny for a coup fee of 550K Euro to provide depth in midfield.

It's been a very interesting game thus far, come the end of February I'm 4th and performing well. Kaboul has been an absolute beast, amazing defender! Since I sold Assou-Ekoto, I used Gareth Bale as left back until January, when I decided to bring in Arthur Boka from Stuttgart for 850K. My scouts and trainers only rate him 2 stars and they reckon he's more of a Championship material, but I really like his stats, he seems like a proper wing back to me.

It's probably a good idea to mention that in this game, I'm more looking for coup players, some young [or old] lads that would cost me around a million or two but would be great business. For some reason that's my image of what Tottenham should be like. Only exception went for James Ward-Prowse, who'll join in the end of the season for 10.25M.

Lennon was pretty bad and hardly managed an assist nor a goal, thus he moved to Reading for 9M in January. Michael Dawson wanted a new challenge and moved to Fulham for 5.5M [what a challenge indeed]. My first choice CDs Kaboul and Caulker never really left any chance for other players to come and perform, Livermore's versatility is proving to be a great asset when one of these two is injured/suspended.

Adebayor has been a major flop, got a 2 month injury come November, then flew to the African Nations Cup, then came back, played a match and afterwards got injured for 3 months. I had an idea to sell him anyway, but now I fear that with his lack of appearances, no club would want him. Harry Kane on the other side has been a revelation, the lad is completely amazing for his years and I expect much more to come from him.

Scott Parker and his injury-proneness moved to West Brom on loan and I really hope I can offload him by the end of the season. My midfield is packed enough already and I have no place for him and his high wages.

League table in the end of February:

http://gyazo.com/dbbf886a411f499147094fcd3e757eb7.png

How the team performed:

http://gyazo.com/e4f23c1b32fb95d9d431aff019c51c6f.png

For some reason I can't get the best out of Holtby and he's turned into a bench warmer instead of a key player. Wondering if I should offload him in the Summer of give him another season to prove himself.

The two tactics I use:

The Assymetric - http://gyazo.com/73201468ac0a0811329daaa7cada30aa.png

The 4-1-4-1 - http://gyazo.com/c64d359f4e88233df44bb2245d59e60a.png

I've downloaded both from a different forum and they are pretty much straightforward plug'n'play tactics that I like using in FM13 :thup:

Does anyone else spend the transfer window working out how they'll play with Spurs on the next FM release? Can't wait to have Chadli, Paulinho, Capoue and Soldalo - let alone possibly Lamela, Willian and Coetrao too!

I think I'd go for a sold 4-3-3 when playing big teams and a more expansive 4-2-3-1 against teams we should be beat.

Hey guys just started a new career with the Yids! Loving it!

Had a great preseason which was surprising as i thought the players would take ages to gel (using LFCMarshalls latest update 7.9.13) so on the last week of preseason i went heavy on tacitcs and teamwork to improve the level of understanding. Seems to be working well. I use teamwork alot as i still think theres lots to be done on this front.

9714195537_44a51c0d94_b.jpg

Shocking result against Norwich in the Capital One cup, but tbh i wasn't really bothered too much about it. Loosing against Arsenal was gutting, Ozil was running the show. Soldado got an injury for about a month and when he came back he scored a hatrick against Betis but unfortunately we lost the game.

9714195661_f8372ed390_c.jpg

As you can see Youness is having a great season so far, surprised me as i in real life i think hes ok. Sandro has been amazing for me seems to love being a box to box mid. I think it will be a matter of time and then Soldado is just going to click and be a demon.

9714195307_386b9ddf77_c.jpg

Transfer wise the squad is quite strong, Left back was a bit of an issue for me so i went in for Mr Baines but even after declaring interest he packed his bags and went to Gay Paris! Shame he could of won some trophies with me. Hiram Boateng was a director of football purchase. Sold Lennon and Adebayor, mainly because i dont like Adebayor as i think hes very lazy and lucky to be on that sort of money. Lennon i thought hes over priced and technically you can get alot better - obiviously main strength is his pace, but when he gets into those crucial areas i dont think hes going to give a good end result. £18.75m i think was a nice sum with the £11m from Adebayor i invested in Raheem Sterling as his potential is fantastic and will surpass Lennons potential. De Ceglie was a bit of a gamble as hes a little injury prone but rotating with Rose and Naughton (i think) has worked reasonably well.

9714195517_41d00ff26b_c.jpg

The board are loving it at the moment, mainly due to the fact that playing attacking football and exposing the youth kids are pleasing them. Loosing to Arsenal and Fulham was a big dent with the fans.

9717428276_65e2116fb5_c.jpg

Financially were pretty strong, merchandise areas are working like a dream so happy with that.

Its going really well so far, few areas to strengthen backup goalie, left back for the future, another possible striker. Apart from that im really happy with whats going on so far. Up the Yids!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick question:

Is Huddlestone worth £3.5M and Kyle Naughton at £3.4M? Both are transfer listed in my game and I was thinking of signing them for my home grown quota & as a decent back up.

Huddlestone asked for £45K per week and Naughton £35K per week BTW

Just a quick question:

Is Huddlestone worth £3.5M and Kyle Naughton at £3.4M? Both are transfer listed in my game and I was thinking of signing them for my home grown quota & as a decent back up.

Huddlestone asked for £45K per week and Naughton £35K per week BTW

Yeah they're both Prem decent. Hudd more so than Naughts but Kyle can play both FB positions so thats handy.

Hi guys

Looking for a bit of advice. I've just started my spurs and getting stuck into it. Defoe and Ade have been slow starters and a bit unreliable. Falcao (36mil) snd Lewandowski (18.75mil) have appeared on my transfer list both being unsettled. Do I buy Lewandowski or Falcoa or stick with Ade and Defoe??

Hi guys

Looking for a bit of advice. I've just started my spurs and getting stuck into it. Defoe and Ade have been slow starters and a bit unreliable. Falcao (36mil) snd Lewandowski (18.75mil) have appeared on my transfer list both being unsettled. Do I buy Lewandowski or Falcoa or stick with Ade and Defoe??

Buy. Lewandowski has always performed better than Falcao for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Just downloaded a great update to rosters with all updated transfers and what not. Won the CL one year after beating both RM and Barcy (in the final). Great year, but Arsenal won the league and we finished in second for the second straight year. Eriksen is a hero and Sig is so good as a backup. He scores for fun. Lamela is a world beater and I went out and got Jose Enrique, Ayew, and Joe Ledley as a makeshift in the middle. There are some great regens I will post up. Couldn't seem to get the pics to work. Shame. Some really good players. I have maldini's son, a couple young french players some good regen tottenham boys. One a left back who is getting a lot of play.

What have I done wrong with player development?

I'm half way through season 3, top of the league so all is well there. I've got loads of amazing youngsters and tons of potential 4.5/5* players etc.

But players that are highly rated are now going down the pan.

In no particular order:

Bale is 3.5* Albeit he suffered from injuries all of season 2

Ayew is 2.5*

Mason Bennet is 3*

Kaprov is 2.5*

Caulker is 2.5*

Sandro is 3*

These were all 4-5* players when I started with them..?

What have I done wrong with player development?

I'm half way through season 3, top of the league so all is well there. I've got loads of amazing youngsters and tons of potential 4.5/5* players etc.

But players that are highly rated are now going down the pan.

In no particular order:

Bale is 3.5* Albeit he suffered from injuries all of season 2

Ayew is 2.5*

Mason Bennet is 3*

Kaprov is 2.5*

Caulker is 2.5*

Sandro is 3*

These were all 4-5* players when I started with them..?

The star ratings are compared to your squad's average. So as your squad improves, individual player's ratings will get worse.

I can make another one, if you guys want. But I know I'm not the most active member in the forums, so I don't mind if someone else wants to make it.

Seeing as you done the fm13 one I think it only right to continue the trend and do the fm14 one too :) I don't post that much either but I am an avid follower of this thread and would love to see how some of you better spurs tacticians of the game handle the new game with our "new" squad (looking for hints more than anything, As I have not got a scooby as to how to play with spurs this time around).

Archived