FM13: Newcastle United - Alan Pardew and The Eight Year Plan.

tommonufc

haha that sounds like fun in the process!!! Hopefully you can get a Russian billionaire that will give you millions so we can see some drastic changes maybe even Messi.......

Decision is imminent apparently!

2 games to go, City have one, if we hold on we'll take third and guarentee CL footy next season, but I can't go lower than 4th so I'm happy. Won the CAP and am in the Europa League final for the second time running, against Arsenal though who are fighting Man United for the league so that'll be tough.

Unbelievable second half of the season though I've gone from 38 goals scored to 60, and from 28 goals conceded to 34. Doing well :D

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
haha that sounds like fun in the process!!! Hopefully you can get a Russian billionaire that will give you millions so we can see some drastic changes maybe even Messi.......

This happened to me in one of my Newcastle save on last years game. Splashed some Russian oil money on Messi and Ronaldo to name but a few :D

Had a message pop up in my inbox saying that a consortium were in talks of a take over strangely enough with the talk of takeovers from over guys. I'm in September 2014.

Oenone87 Good enough surely? Once you get in the CL the club gets more than enough money, don't need a tycoon owning the club - I can't say that I do.

This happened to me in one of my Newcastle save on last years game. Splashed some Russian oil money on Messi and Ronaldo to name but a few :D

Had a message pop up in my inbox saying that a consortium were in talks of a take over strangely enough with the talk of takeovers from over guys. I'm in September 2014.

Oenone87 Good enough surely? Once you get in the CL the club gets more than enough money, don't need a tycoon owning the club - I can't say that I do.

I suppose :p

Just lost the Europa on penalties :/ We were 3-2 up and threw it away. Terrible. Still, if we get third place I'll be happy!

Start of Season 2012/13

Afternoon lads. I finally started my proper Newcastle save, having had a couple of failed attempts with Milan and a few other clubs while I was getting used to the new FM.

I've decided to have a bit of an overhaul, nothing major but I'm trying to get the team playing more fluid, control based football as well as bringing in a few younger players. As such some big names had to leave; Tiote went to Man City for 25mil and Jonas to PSG for 10mil as well as several others. In their place came Isco from Malaga for 17.5mil, and a host of younger squad players. No over 48 month payments, just straight up cash. It may not be Ashley's business plan exactly, but I kind of followed it... Kind of.

TransfersInandOut.png

Jorge Orti was a straight up swap for Xisco which I'm taking as good business as it gives me another young striker with good potential, and boots a 50K a week waster off the books. I'm still paying Xisco 21K of that wage, but beggars can't be choosers.

Formation:

Primary formation is a 4-2-4, with technically proficient wingers and a solid hard working centre mid, and of course with the Double Dembas leading the line.

Formationandteaminstructions.png

Players line up as follows:

GK: Krul

RB: Simpson

LB: Santon

RCB: Taylor

LCB: Coloccini©

RCM: Anita

LCM: Cabaye(VC)

RAM: HBA

LAM: Isco

RF: Ba

LF: Cisse

I know Cabaye may not be everyone's first choice as VC but I see him as one of the major players who I'll never sell, whereas Taylor's position is quite under pressure from Munoz and the young CB I signed from Colchester; Tom Eastman.

Performances so far:

I know it's only early in the season, but here's my performances so far.

Fixturessofar.png

The only disappointing result was the 1-1 with Motherwell. I did play a weakened team, but we had 65% possession and 14 shots at goal compared to their 9. Unfortunately the combined efforts of Shola, Gosling and Obertan meant many of these were wasted. Campbell played well and set up Shola's goal, but he never got any shots at goal.

Our best performance (imo) was the 3-0 victory over Wigan. 60% possession, 17 shots at goal to their 11 (7 of which were from long range).

The stand out performers, as expected, Demba Ba with 6 goals and 3 assists, Cisse with 5 goals 1 assist and Ben Arfa with 2 goals and one assist. Isco is performing quite well though he's a bit up and down, I guess it's down to him adapting to the country and the new position.

Plans for the future:

Adam Campbell is the main one for the future, along with Munoz and Eastman. Come the end of the season I hope to have found the future replacements for Ba and Cabaye, as well as finding a quality young RB. I tried Romario who failed a work permit, the Argentinian Gino Peruzzi who also failed his application and Sebastien Corchia but Sochaux were still refusing my offers even when offering 7.5mil which seemed a bit too much. I think I'll wait and hope the youth intake heralds some quality defenders I can bring through.

Understandable. Usually I try to keep as many first teamers as possible but I thought with the money Tiote could give me, and Jonas not really excelling in any role and still being young enough to net me a decent bit of money from his sale I decided cashing in now was the best option.

Plus, Isco seems so good if I'd not sold Jonas he'd just be bench warming and getting pissed. I like him too much to make him rot on the bench.

Just got Cabaye to finally sign a new deal, had to give him £55,000 p/w but he instrumental to my squad.

Has anyone had any experience with Ryad Boudebouz from FC Sochaux? Looking at moving Ben Arfa obe to AML & bringing him in for the right.

Understandable. Usually I try to keep as many first teamers as possible but I thought with the money Tiote could give me, and Jonas not really excelling in any role and still being young enough to net me a decent bit of money from his sale I decided cashing in now was the best option.

Plus, Isco seems so good if I'd not sold Jonas he'd just be bench warming and getting pissed. I like him too much to make him rot on the bench.

Yeah, I can understand why people do sell those guys, but something that I'd never do at a club I'd takeover at. I'm sure it's something that'll happen in real life too :( Not particularly arsed about Jonas :p I got rid start of second season, technically limited, especially when you can attract some real quality if you get to the CL for the second year.

Just got Cabaye to finally sign a new deal, had to give him £55,000 p/w but he instrumental to my squad.

Has anyone had any experience with Ryad Boudebouz from FC Sochaux? Looking at moving Ben Arfa obe to AML & bringing him in for the right.

That's a good deal on Cabaye - went to give him an extension around August 2014 and he wanted a basic of £110K a week! :mad:

Have you played Ben Arfa on the left before bringing in a right sided winger? I say this becuase most of his brilliance comes from him cutting inside onto his left, with him have the cut inside ppm - so him playing on the left, despite it being his left foot may not be so natural. This could be overcome if your playing a quick counter attacking system where all you want him to do is bomb past his full back on the break into space, but may not get same results playing him on the left.

That's a very good deal for extending Dreamy's contract, most of the key players on my Beta save started out asking for £100k+ a week.

Have never realised this before, but god I love having a team with workrate all over the field :p Been lining up with a rather attacking 3-6-1 of late and the opposition just can't really deal with the pressing that my team can exert. Drew with 5under1and 1-1 at home, after being all of over them for 85mins, for me to give away a penalty late on. Have had quite a few injuries to what would be considered my first XI, with Ben Arfa, Gotze and Isco call picking up injuries at the same time so have been going with something like this for the last few league games.

Got to say, playing with a back three this year is a world apart from what it was in last years game. You can actually get the wider of the two to press high up the field to help out the winger defending wide. Okore and Streete have been class for me so far this season, meaning Coloccini has been limited to Thursday nights on Channel 5 and the League Cup so far.

Krul

Okore/Streete --- Bocchetti --- Taylor

Leitner -- Tiote -- Cabaye -- Dzagoev -- Ayew

Bittencourt

Campbell

or;

Krul

Okore/Streete --- Bocchetti --- Taylor

Azplicueta -- Tiote -- Cabaye -- Ayew

Leitner --- Campbell --- Bittencourt

Results so far;

8169972609_9b4ba60c45_b.jpg

I have only played three league games lost one drawn two which both games should have won and played a few games in europe with fringe players getting a outing and won them easy got rid of demba ba's silly minimium fee release but is on 60k a week now and wanted 75k , transfer window closes today and man u bid 24mil for cabaye but think i would only sell for about 28-30 mil .

Unlucky mate but at least you got £33m to spend on new players. Any ideas on who your gonna buy?!?!

Not sure really, youngsters I think! My midfield is already pretty awesome and Mario Gotze won't move clubs this season so I might as well find a young AMR regen and use Wellington Nem and Milner some more. Milner was fantastic last season for us so :D

I have sold the greedy Papiss Cisse to Tottenham Hotspur for a decent £34m, he is getting his £130k a week that he wanted us to pay him. I have already signed his replacements Brazilian Ademilson came for £5.25m, Alberto Paloschi on a free, Andy Carroll for £4.5m and Abel Hernandez for £7.5m.

So I finished my second season as the champion of the league and Europa League. However, I was knocked out in the first round from the Capital cup and the FA Cup. I'm in the summer now and these have been my transfers. The highlight of course being Fabregas who was for some reason transfer-listed and also for another weird reason is only rated at 2.5 stars by my coaches. Very happy with the players I've bought and now looking forward to actually playing with them!

Newcastle_TransfersHistory.png

P.s. I am very guilty of using the 48 months payment but I wouldn't have been able to buy any of those players if I hadn't used it!

Doesn't look like I'll qualify for the Champions League this season, lack of depth has really killed me.

Edit: I've done it! Will post a season review in a bit. In other news, Benfica have just came in with a 30 million pound bid for Cisse. Got some serious decisions to make.

But...but...how can he slay Sunderland from there? :lol:

He wasnt really needed to slay Sunderland...

winb.png

I didn't have much time to play recently (having every league in the game active doesn't help either) and am only up to Christmas. I'm in 5th place and doing well though. If my defense would give up so many goals, I'd probably be much better off, though. Against West Brom we lost Tiote in the 5th minute as he hacked down an opposition player, managed to be 3-0 up at half-time, stopped playing football in the second half and lost 4-3. Needless to say, I was not pleased >.<

Grella was a horrible signing, he got injured for 3 months on international duty, got back to full fitness and injured himself again on international duty - Good thing he's only on a one year contract. I signed Katsouranis as additional cover on deadline day and he's been doing quite well. I'll try to post a full update some time soon.

Does anyone else find themselves hitting the woodwork on a regular basis? I've just drawn 2-2 with Napoli in the Europa League, but we hit the post THREE times.

This is the second or third time already this season, even though we've only placed 17 matches. It's quite frustrating.

Here's a quick video on how our network game went. We meet up every Fri (have done for years) and i'm gonna be putting together a vlog so peeps can follow.

Feel free to leave a comment requesting anything you'd like me to review/cover in future videos.

[video=youtube;9NB-THyfHu0?hd=1]

In 2014, nice, what did you win in the first season with Newcastle because thats a remarkable job to get offered so early. I got offered the Liverpool job, needless to say I declined.

First season I only won the Capital one cup and finished 4th. Second season I won the league and Europa League and now this!

Anyone has any experience with Nacer Chadli?

So I'm trying to come out of this season and next in profit as this is evident in my transfer activity, arriving in January is :

Alan Dzagoev - £0 - As expected since most seem to bring him in I couldn't pass up a player of this talent and age on such a deal. To be honest I'm not entirely sure where he'll fit in but with the African boys away I don't have much up top so he may slip in behind Helenius.

Oskar Hiljmark - £900k - A young and technical Swedish CM, a lot like Jensson but with room to improve I feel he'll adapt to th Premier League very well. Decent passing and vision are his main strengths so he'll be ideal back up to the likes of Mr T & Cabaye.

So those were my only incomings during January so far, I don't see me doing much more business to be honest.

The summer however is already looking interesting with the confirmations of 4 players arriving on bosmans, they are :

David Ospina - GK

Nacer Chadli - AMLC

Yaya Sanogo - STK

Salvatore Bocchetti(sp?) - DC

All good signings for free and they're took very reasonable contracts, espically Bocchetti who knocked back PSG and signed with us for £30,000 which for a Italian international with his quality and Serie A experience is somewhat of a bargain.

The only way I can see my buying anyone in is if I get a bid that business wise I just can't refuse.

My tactics have been really poor this season, I'm trying not to chop & change things too much but the things I'm doing are only working sporadicly. Hoping to finish between 8th & 6th and that's enough to keep my job untill I can steady out a formation.

2014 European Super Cup final, facing Madrid after winning EURO cup (and finishing second in league after atrocious start; would never have caught Man City anyway who got 94 points...). Lost Charity Shield to City and thought with couple of new signings that the squad might not have gelled yet.

Then this :-)

Untitled3.png

Untitled2.png

It doesn't get any better than that, unless I can do it in a CL final! Crazy result but I'm pretty pleased with myself ;-)

Amazing result there Steve!! Out of interest what formation are you playing?

4-3-3 variation. Defenders set individually to defensive, Taylor as limited defender, relatively deep because Colo's not the quickest. Santon can push on up the left but Anita is set to defensive mentality. Tiote anchor man and, as my deep-lying playmaker Cabaye and usual CM Belhandra were injured for this match, I had Isco as attacking mid and Spearing alongside him on the halfway line to provide support. Ramírez was out on the left wing as an attacking advanced playmaker and Ben Arfa on the right was set to cut in as an attacking inside forward. Cisse up front by himself played as an advanced forward. I think I had overall mentality set to standard and I always play a fluid formation. Short passing, quick throws.

You guys have done remarkably well, I finished 7th in my first season just missing out on Europe. Just finished 6th after pipping Chelsea in the last 2 games of the season to get back into Europe. Willian is an amazing player for me, and Cisse just finishes everything near on you give to him. Going to try and offload Ba as Fierro is coming through nicely and if I need another striker I have Wellington Nem.

Adam Campbell has just scored his first hattrick for us in the Premier League against Watford at Vicarage Road. Three very different types of goal with the pick of the bunch the last one, a lovely chip over Manuel Almunia from about 30 yards.

He is fast becoming my favourite player on this years FM :brock:.

[video=youtube;SSmxtcTS2bY]

So I finished my second season as the champion of the league and Europa League. However, I was knocked out in the first round from the Capital cup and the FA Cup. I'm in the summer now and these have been my transfers. The highlight of course being Fabregas who was for some reason transfer-listed and also for another weird reason is only rated at 2.5 stars by my coaches. Very happy with the players I've bought and now looking forward to actually playing with them!

Newcastle_TransfersHistory.png

P.s. I am very guilty of using the 48 months payment but I wouldn't have been able to buy any of those players if I hadn't used it!

Something-Fishy.jpg

First two years I spent about 160 million *pounds* because I did it over 48 months. I'm still suffering for it now, that said we've been fairly successful.

Half way through my third season and despite being 4th and in the 1st knockout round of the CL (Bayern Munich, yeah, won't be in this for long) we're performing terribly really. Dropping points all over the place.

To add insult to injury, Schurrle is out for another 2 months and Jovetic misses both fixtures of the CL games.

Doomed.

Just a quick update after a terrible first half of the season that saw me float between 9th & 6th i was really struggling to get a 4-4-2 to work and even tried a 4-2-3-1 which look promising but wasnt as productive as id hoped, its always a struggle to mould tactics as your playing the season. It was at this point i decided to do something i've never done before and thats play with 3 at the back with WB's and focus my play through a Target Man, the results so far have been really, really encouringing and the play from my side has improved dramaticly.

Dragovic & Taylor at the back have been amazing, Colo is the one who's been the least impressive which is suprising, i think Okore will step in for him sooner than later as he's been solid when played.

The stars have been Ben Arfa & Helenius, I've got HBA playing a CM position with the "Advanced Playmaker" role, with some tweak instructions he's thriving, here's a screenie :

Hatem Ben Arfa

2bp4ic.jpg

His impressive performances and the working of the formation to utilize 6"5 Nic Helenius have seen great performances from the big man, he was getting a good understanding with Cisse before the ACoN so i'm even more hopefull they can develop a relatonship even more with this new tactic. Here's Big Nic if anyone wnats to see :

Nicklas Helenius

vwr3it.jpg

This is all without the African boys so i can only imagine that when they come back into the fold it'll improve again.. Anyway for thos interested this is how it plays out

4lorr6.jpg

And this is the results since changing to this layout, the game Vs Southampton on the 01/01/13 was the first time using it.

5y6f6r.jpg

Hoping to see a real turnaround in the second half of the season, it has altered my transfer thoughts though, i now have no need for wingers but we aren't truly blessed with an abundence of them as Newcastle so i just have to remeber not to target any wide men unless i can get a decent 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 working. Really enjoying this game, sorry if the post is too long/boring.

Any thoughts or questions just say.

HBA can play in CM? Never knew!

Edit -

Just played Bayern at home in the second leg 0-1 on aggregate, won 5-1 on the day - 5-2 aggregate :D:D:D:D:D:D

Also Javi Martinez scored his first ever goal for Newcastle, a fantastic diving header straight past Neuer, a sublime own goal. Haha :D:D

HBA can play in CM? Never knew!

Edit -

Just played Bayern at home in the second leg 0-1 on aggregate, won 5-1 on the day - 5-2 aggregate :D:D:D:D:D:D

Also Javi Martinez scored his first ever goal for Newcastle, a fantastic diving header straight past Neuer, a sublime own goal. Haha :D:D

Unsure if thats sarcasm or not..

Good result man, how ironic Javi scoring, nice.

No no, not sarcasm, I just always threw him on as a right winger and never paid attention to his other positions, as I had good cover for CM (Tiote, Anita, Ayew, Isco, Milner, Dzagoev) :D

It was a fantastic header too! He should have been proud.

Fantastic. Real Madrid is my next team to face. United got Dortmund, that'll be interesting. I really, really hope Gotze wants to come to Newcastle this summer :(

Edit - Three seasons in a row now I have failed to have a single decent (4 star or above) potential player come through my ranks, whereas Schalke seem to have about 5. :/

Edit - 6-2 Aggregate Win over Real Madrid!!!! Unbelievable game at home after 25 mins we were 3-0 (5-2) up, then they brought it back and if they equalised on Aggregate they'd go through on away goals, but Schurrle came on for his first game in 3 months just after an injury and scored. Its 4am in the morning here (BC, Canada) and I'm cheering as quietly as I can.

So ****ing awesome, Semi-Finals of the Champions League!

Edit - City just beat Tottenham (PLEASE let that happen in a few hours time.) and put me 3 points clear of both in 1st too! I have to play United and Tottenham yet though...

Archived