FM13: Newcastle United - Alan Pardew and The Eight Year Plan.

tommonufc

newcastleunitedfixturesr.png

Well our unbeaten run in the league finally came to an end with a rather disappointing defeat at Aston Villa, despite dominating possession and having twice the number of shots on goal and on target. Unfortunately our slip up there was compounded by a horrible start in the next league match away to Man City where we let them race off to an easy 3-0 lead in the first half. We started to fightback with Cisse volleying home a goal just before the break. After halftime we continued to dominate and really had City on the ropes for a while after Jonas grabbed a second during some penalty box pinball from a corner. However we couldn't quite complete the fairy tale comeback as City snatched a fourth goal with a peach of a sucker punch goal, breaking up the pitch at real speed just after Cabaye smacked a shot off their crossbar.

The mini-slump in form was arrested nice and quickly though with a clinical performance from our strike force against Stoke just before New Year, Ba and Cisse both finishing with 2 goals and 2 assists each. Then our new sigining Albin Ekdal announced his arrival in the best possible fashion, opening his account with a 20 yard screamer on the half volley against Sunderland, no better way to endear himself to the fans really.

We've continued to muddle through in the league since Ba, Cisse and Tiote headed off to the ACoN but we've given ourselves some extra work and an even more crowded fixture list by being held to draws in both our FA Cup ties so far. To balance that out we've been amazingly lucky with injuries so far, only Steven Taylor's injured knee ligament causing an extended spell on the sidelines so far.

After persuading Salvatore Bocchetti to sign up for us at the end of the season, I've got my scouts out watching my 3 main targets for the summer. I'm hoping to bring in three players I've never signed before, who won't necessarily break the bank in terms of transfer fees or wages (assuming they don't sign big new deals with their current clubs before the summer window opens)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm refusing to give in to Danny Simpson's demands so he will be the next out the door, now looking for a back up RB.

He wouldn't lower his wage demands below the limit my board had in place for his squad status, so I ended up selling him to Aston Villa for £1.4 million just before the January window closed.

Danny Simpson isn't all that, Anita is a better full back to start with and well get even better if trained to play there. Should have probably sold him at the start to cash in on his vaue.

Probably should have, but I wanted to give all the first teamers at the club a chance. If he'd been willing to lower his wage demands I'd have given him another year at the club as backup.

I have just had my youth intake for this season and these were the best two players.

robdunkleyregeninseason.jpg

nigelburnsregeninseason.jpg

My scouts have just found me Clive Pledger, who I have signed for £650k in compensation from Derby County. I think him and Adam Campbell could well be my strikeforce in the not to distant future.

clivepledgerregeninseas.jpg

They look all pretty good :thup: I'd get Dunker tutored by Saylor as soon as possible though!

My youth intake was pretty dire in first season, but developing what is at the club already quite well I think.

Will post up a few screenshots. Have tried to work on Streete and Campbell obviously, with Abied, Vuckic, Ferguson all seeing futures in the first team. Have given a few games to James Tavenier last season, but he'll leave before next season. Esteban Lopez has put in some excellent performances in the Legue and FA Cup so far. Maddison has been the most disappointing, couldn't get him tutored by anyone until Alberto Paloschi came along, and he had first dibs with Campbell. That's not to mention Bigi, Ameobi and Alnwick who are out on loan this season - plus a few more I've brought into the club.

Well since Taylor's terrible performance he came back with two headers against United to have us win 3-0 at home! Now I just played Norwich and couldn't get a goal until this happened - HBA on a mad run!

[video=youtube_share;2KSE4l4Du9I]http://youtu.be/2KSE4l4Du9I

Doing well in the league but my next match is Tottenham away, and they're league leaders (just) at the moment. If I can win there I'll be in 1st place, but who knows for how long. Also qualified from my Europa league group in 1st place with 5 wins and a draw, and in the Semi Final of the CAP against Everton with the first leg at home. I usually prefer playing away first but, oh well.

Having watched the video despite me changing settings its uploaded in crap quality. That said, you get the jist. Edit - nevermind, if you watch it on youtube its in 720p :)

Managed to beat Norwich comfortably in our FA Cup replay to get through to the 5th round of the cup...only to land ourselves yet another replay with a boring 0-0 draw against Brighton.

Almost comes as a relief that we're out of Europe with a shocking performance at home in the 2nd leg of our tie against Club Brugge. We had 60% of possession, but could only muster 5 shots on target. Set piece defending again proving our downfall. League Cup final next against Man Utd, and a chance for the players to grab some silverware.

They look all pretty good :thup: I'd get Dunker tutored by Saylor as soon as possible though!

My youth intake was pretty dire in first season, but developing what is at the club already quite well I think.

Will post up a few screenshots. Have tried to work on Streete and Campbell obviously, with Abied, Vuckic, Ferguson all seeing futures in the first team. Have given a few games to James Tavenier last season, but he'll leave before next season. Esteban Lopez has put in some excellent performances in the Legue and FA Cup so far. Maddison has been the most disappointing, couldn't get him tutored by anyone until Alberto Paloschi came along, and he had first dibs with Campbell. That's not to mention Bigi, Ameobi and Alnwick who are out on loan this season - plus a few more I've brought into the club.

Unfortunately Taylor won't tutor anyone as he has been in a huff with me since the start of the season, as he wasn't happy with his asking price and he won't talk to me anymore.

He did tutor Streete though before he spat his dummy out and got his determination upto 19, I then sent Streete on loan to Cardiff for the second half of the season and he went and got injured after only four games and he is out for four months with a torn hamstring.

I am looking forward to seeing your screenshots of the youngsters to see how much they have improved.

Managed to beat Norwich comfortably in our FA Cup replay to get through to the 5th round of the cup...only to land ourselves yet another replay with a boring 0-0 draw against Brighton.

Almost comes as a relief that we're out of Europe with a shocking performance at home in the 2nd leg of our tie against Club Brugge. We had 60% of possession, but could only muster 5 shots on target. Set piece defending again proving our downfall. League Cup final next against Man Utd, and a chance for the players to grab some silverware.

Good luck in the cup final against Man Utd Dandy.

We are also shocking at defending set pieces, we pretty much conceed at least one goal a game from free kicks, corners or throw ins, but I suppose it's my own fault as I just have all set pieces on the default instructions as I am too lazy to change them.

Good luck in the cup final against Man Utd Dandy.

We are also shocking at defending set pieces, we pretty much conceed at least one goal a game from free kicks, corners or throw ins, but I suppose it's my own fault as I just have all set pieces on the default instructions as I am too lazy to change them.

We actually seem to have been pretty good at defending set pieces in first half of the season, just the last few weeks where it's been noticeably bad. Have them focusing on it in training for now to see if it helps.

@Oenone87 A goal worth winning any game! :thup:

Right, here's a long list of the my current youngsters at the club - will start with the players that I'd envisgage to be have the quality to be in the first team, and then other promising players that may just fall short, followed by certain imports from other clubs.

Adam Campbell

Been out injured through a cracked skull for a few months this term, otherwise would have featured a lot more. Strongly considering moving on Cisse and making him my number one up front next season - and will more than likely try and sell Paloschi for a decent return to move him up the pecking order.

8162630034_f38ec52a99_b.jpg

Remi Streete

Had him tutored by Saylor and made his debut towards end of last season - played in my last two Champions League games this season after I had already qualified. Sent him on loan to my feeder Ipswich at the start of the season, who ended up cup tieing him - so he was unable for my League Cup. Will more than likely see the end of Colo Coloccini soon enough!

8162629618_1861c3a2e4_b.jpg

Shane Ferguson

Mentioned him in a post not so long ago, so won't say too much. Been a solid player for me at left back - with Chelsea even coming in for him in January just gone. Rejected a £4.5M bd for him.

8162630758_2aa5dd53b6_b.jpg

Haris Vuckic

Hasn't had too much game time this term, was doing very well out at Ipswich to start with, but had to come back after a knee injury.

8162600029_a5282442b2_b.jpg

Mehdi Abied

Crucial player in my League Cup campaign - currently getting him tutored by Dzagoev.

8162633056_5646591c26_b.jpg

Sammy Ameobiobiobi OBE

Tutored him by Ben Arfa in first season and played a handful of games - send him out on loan this term to Brighton as you can see. They've been playing him left midfield in a so-so side, so he's doing okay I feel. Will give him a season in the first team next year and see if I can make anything of him.

8162601615_b42201a73c_b.jpg

Esteban Lopez

My favorite young player this year - moved him up into the reserves this season and played him in the cup competitions on the right wing. Currently tutoring with Ben Arfa - really want him to turn into a decent winger, has some great stats in his acceleration, flair and agility to make him something like Ben Arfa himself. Envisage him becoming a squad player.

8162599671_66bde15059_b.jpg

Adyran

Quite a few people have signed this guy, so will be interested to see how he compares. Wanted to loan him out has been injured for the most part, but writing this now has now reminded me to try and send him to Ipswich! :D

8162630370_92f22044da_b.jpg

Jack Butland

8162598811_b4ed7f44e0_b.jpg

After sending Jak Alnwik on loan this season, I had to bring in a number two. Initially I had brought Fraser Forster back from Celtic but soon ran into a runtime error shortly after, so had to go back a pick up a goalkeeper again. This time I went after Butland who was third choice at Birmingham. Has been tutored by Tim Krul, and featured in the cup competitions and last couple of Champions League games against Valencia and Porto. Definite future England number one!

Marcus Maddison

Without a tutor in the first 18months has scuppered his development by some way - that and being behind a long list of strikers in front of him. If he'd have been tutored he'd have been sent out on loan, so hopefully Paloschi can help him out and he can go and get some game time next year.

8162599299_cf57a67967_b.jpg

Jores Okore

Put in some iffy performances last year early on, but Coloccini has tutored him, and he's getting some regular game time at Bolton in the Premier League. Will return next season to bolster my back line, leaving me with too many center backs no doubt - Coloccini, Taylor, Bocchetti, Streete, Okore.

8162601153_edbc8a37fd_b.jpg

Alex Kitchen

Spotted him in my U18s at end of last season and saw some potential. Unsuccessful tutoring from Coloccini this year, so have moved him onto Steven Taylor - played him where possible in the League and FA Cup.

8162602041_8b99850b13_b.jpg

Joel Pohjanpalo

Signed him at the start of the season, sent him straight out on loan to Ipswich and is tearing up the Championship.

8162602435_0d4a0b4915_b.jpg

Javi Espinosa

Ordered Damien Comolli to sort out his signature at the start of the season - signing him for something like £325K from Barca B. Saw some potential in him if I could get his determination up, with the idea of sending out on loan. Has played well in a few games this season, but if I can't get any tutoring to work, I'll sell him on for a tidy profit.

8162600397_686307ac62_b.jpg

*big breath*.... and that's it.. Think I've missed out Jak Alnwick, and Rolando Aarons, but I'l leave them for another day.

Just signed Milner in the January window for 10.5 mil, and Dzagoev arrived on a free - thankfully because Hatem Ben Arfa is out for another 3 weeks, Andre Ayew is also ****ing African so he's off playing the worlds most badly times international event and Cisse and Ba have gone. I have enough cover but its a lot of pressure on Jovetic to keep scoring now as my only true striker.

Alberto Paloschi from around August this season. Came into the side whilst the Africans were away and scored when given the opportunity. Like I say, had an annoying injury this year, so he's just finding his feet again after coming back - at start of season he was being linked with an England call-up.

Just signed Milner in the January window for 10.5 mil, and Dzagoev arrived on a free - thankfully because Hatem Ben Arfa is out for another 3 weeks, Andre Ayew is also ****ing African so he's off playing the worlds most badly times international event and Cisse and Ba have gone. I have enough cover but its a lot of pressure on Jovetic to keep scoring now as my only true striker.

Adam Campbell? Whilst the Africans are away, Campbell can play...

Adam Campbell? Whilst the Africans are away, Campbell can play...

I believe I loaned him out. *checks* I didn't! Sweet, will give him a whirl too with Jovetic :D

Debut against Everton in the CAP Semi Final first leg, we're up 3-0 and Campbell has scored twice. Awesome <3

Man Utd have offered me £28m for Yohan Cabaye at the start of the 2nd season. Good deal?

That's a pretty good price for him, especially if it's been offered upfront rather than over 30 months or whatever. Personally I'd still be inclined to turn it down if he's had a good season, but I'm always rather loathe to sell players who are performing well for me.

Hey guys, can you share some training insights given that you guys are developing the youngsters so nicely? Do you guys switch around often or stay as Balanced? What's the ratio between Match Training and General Training? How about individual focus etc?

end of first season and just had a major clear out.... but panic is on to fill the gaps.

Sold Tiote for £30m to liverpool

Sold Marveaux for £10m

Sold Gutierez for £10

Sold Anita to spurs for £20m

already lost Ba at the start of the game to chelsea and sold perch for 4m.

Just started a Toon save :) Will update a bit later on when I'm through pre-season, anybody know of any good first season back up strikers to sign as cover for Cisse and Ba when they leave in January? Looks like I might be pinning my hopes on young Adam Campbell at the moment.

Just started a Toon save :) Will update a bit later on when I'm through pre-season, anybody know of any good first season back up strikers to sign as cover for Cisse and Ba when they leave in January? Looks like I might be pinning my hopes on young Adam Campbell at the moment.

Ba and cisse dont have to leave if you dont want them too...... plus I bought artem milevski right at the start of the game ... I think he's valued at 8m .. but I paid 12m for him.... worth it... even though you start with 7m I sold perch for 4m and after agreeing a deal with milevski they upped my budget to pay for him.

AH right sorry.. I think I just realised what you meant... you didnt mean sell them in Jan did you.. I'm guessing you meant because of the african nations cup...lol.....

I just used Ameobi and milevski during that time...

Started my Newcastle game last night. I managed to sell Xisco for £2.5m to Huddersfield but I'm still paying him £30k a week for a year but thought saving the £20k on wages plus £2.5m up front was a decent enough deal just to be rid of him. Also sold Rob Elliott for about £300k. Shane Ferguson, James Tavernier and Nile Ranger have gone out on loans. Coming in I've signed Wellington Nem, Adryan, Okore, Kjaer, Yttergard, and Drenthe. I'm not on my laptop so not sure on the exact prices but I think they all cost around £9m altogether. I've also (predictibally ;)) agreed to get Dzagoev in January.

First game of the season we drew 0-0 at home to Liverpool, didn't play very well at all really so thought I was going to be up against it, but bounced back with a 3-0 aggregate win over Servette in the Europa League qualifying with a weak squad. Last match I played was away to West Ham, and another below par performance but thanks to that lad Ba we managed to scrape through with a 3-2 win. I'm putting the shaky team performances down to the fact Anita, Yttergard and Cabaye have been out for a few weeks so my 3 man midfield hasn't been able to control the games so far with Perch and Abeid/Gosling in there.

Woah, looks a proper talent! Do you have a high 'junior coaching' budget?

At the moment we only have average youth coaching and above average youth recruitment so I'm guessing his arrival is pure luck. Tbf he's the only worthwhile prospect from the new intake, I don't think the rest will amount to too much. However Carver is touting this guy as 5 star potential so I'm happy enough with one prospect of that calibre.

newcastleunitedfixturesw.png

Tame exits from Europe and the FA Cup at the hands of Brugge and Brighton were a major disappointment in February mostly due to the lack of fight we showed. The disappointment was definitely eased by clinching the first piece of silverware though as we showed far more fight against Man Utd in the League Cup final. Some nice counter attacking football and smart finishes from Cisse (inevitably) and Ben Arfa saw Utd off despite their usual late rally and cavalry charge to try and grab an equaliser.

A late goal from ex Utd player Obertan saw us grab a lucky draw at Old Trafford a few days later and then three wins in our next 3 league matches (which included our 2 games in hand over the league leaders) enabled us to close the gap on Man City from a whopping 13 points to a potentially more catchable 7.

Our Remaining fixtures

toonfixturesremaining.png

Man City's remaining fixtures

mancityremainingfixture.png

Those tame exits from 2 cup competitions may have done us a favour in terms of the league. Although we're 7 points behind City with only 9 remaining matches, we now have no distractions from the league and a fixture list that should allow my players some rest and recovery between games. Man City have the remaining 9 league games and their FA Cup semi final against Aston Villa, but they also have a still to be scheduled Champions League quarter final tie and then potentially Champions League Semis and final plus possibly an FA Cup final. So I'm hoping they may end up victims of their own success and drop the ball slightly in the league.

Fingers crossed we host them at SJP on the last day of the season still with a chance of winning the title.

well just finished my 1st season i finished 4th on equal points with arsenal but i did win the europa league against ath madrid in the final 2-0 i have qualified for the champions league for season 2 but i have only been given a measly 8 million to spend on transfers think mike ashley is being a little tight there what does anyone else think if you want any screen shots i will happily share them with you

well just finished my 1st season i finished 4th on equal points with arsenal but i did win the europa league against ath madrid in the final 2-0 i have qualified for the champions league for season 2 but i have only been given a measly 8 million to spend on transfers think mike ashley is being a little tight there what does anyone else think if you want any screen shots i will happily share them with you

Seems a little tight, but who did you busy in the first season? Might be if you've bought a few players using the payments over 48 months that it's cut into the bank balance a bit.

Second season I got a transfer budget of only £10M I think - nothing spectacular. I made the initial budget from the start and that second season budget work through clauses and payments over time, and made good profits on a few players that generated good funds - but Ashley did add another £10M for January 2014 window.

Once you've completed your season in the Champions League and the revenue generated in that is put into your annual accounts you will get a much larger sum to work with for season three.

I'm just about to hit July 2014 window and have max transfer funds of £47M to work with - that's taking into account around £25M coming into the club through my sale of Papiss Cisse.

Ashley isn't tight, funds will be there if you have generated money into the club - but you don't start of with Champions League revenues and he isn't a sugar daddy so your just have to wait a couple of seasons.

Edit Just seen the Rich List come through for 2014. We've moved up from 11th to 8th, estimated at £318M - ahead of Liverpool, Spurs, AC Milan, PSG to name a few.

bought papadopolous for 18 mil over 48 month so it may be that but other than him i signed luke shaw for the future and ademilson im not really fussed about the money ive been given because my tea i feel is strong enough ive bought gaston ramirez this season and im negotiating with tottenham over kyle walker and that will be all from me in the transfer window with incoming players ive offered cisse out for 20 mil but no bids as of yet he only scored 9 goals in 29 games last season where adam cambpell got that in 12 games ba got 18 goals and ademilson got 8 in 9 so i may aswell cash in on cisse. just turned down a bid of 27 mil for ba from chelsea i may have though about that if it was a club from across seas but definately not from the same league

Replaced my Director of Football this season, letting Comolli see out his contract, and brought in this Italian Stallion below. He's been busy already, sealing my deals on Ezequil Munoz from Palermo and Antionne Greizeman from Sociedad for £21M - rejected both of those; but have appointed him the task of bringing me Antonio Bittencourt from Dortmund, with him successfull sealing a £17.5M deal for me to complete. Nice work Pantaleo Corvino :thup:

8164646897_242b662e20_b.jpg

8164646405_6660162e4f_b.jpg

8164647293_b4859af39c_b.jpg

Well we've made it to the last week of the season. Somehow we've been inching closer and closer to Man City by hook or by crook with some very narrow wins to keep us in the chase. We have been helped by Man City's own relentless progress in the Champions League and FA Cup.

Man City's results so far

manchestercityfixturess.png

City managed to squeak past Juventus 3-2 on aggregate and spank Villa 4-0 in the FA Cup semi final to ensure they had at another 3 matches on top of their league commitments. Their 5-0 thrashing of Real Madrid in the first leg of the Champions League semi was enough to see them through in Europe, despite losing 3-0 in Spain. As hoped however they did falter a little in the league with a defeat at Swansea and draws at home with West Brom and away at Arsenal (who were desperately scrambling to get into the top 4 after a dreadful 1st half of the season).

Our results so far in the run in

newcastleunitedfixtures.png

We almost blew our title chase right at the start with a lucklustre performance at home against Norwich, but thankfully Steven Taylor popped up with a timely header at the back post from a Ben Arfa free kick. We deserved more than a 1-0 win at Wigan, but at least it was a vital 3 points.

The next four matches were comfortable wins, with our defence in top form meaning we kept 5 consecutive clean sheets in the league. There was on e piece of very bad news though against Q.P.R as Papiss Cisse of all players got himself sent off for violent conduct in the second half when we were 2-0 up. A little reshuffling meant our 10 men saw the game out comfortably, even grabbing a third goal with a swift breakaway. However the sending off meant that Cisse's season was now over as he got the inevitable 3 match ban and would have to sit out the rest of the run in. Demba Ba stepped up with his fellow countryman unavailable and scored the goals that allowed us to pull level on points with City going in to the final match, however they did come at a cost as he picked up a knock against Villa.

So we have one last game to go, a winner takes all clash against City on our own patch. A draw will be enough for City to secure the title on goal difference. We might be the form team in the league City are pretty much injury free and have a ridiculously talented squad to pick from while we are facing a few massive problems going in to this game. Our top scorer Cisse is unavailable due to suspension, the in form Demba Ba is available but will only be at about 70% condition due to the knock he got against Villa and even worse our captain Coloccini has just torn a hamstring in training 3 days before the match ruling him out altogether. :(

We're going to need one hell of a lot of luck to get the win I reckon...

bought papadopolous for 18 mil over 48 month so it may be that but other than him i signed luke shaw for the future and ademilson im not really fussed about the money ive been given because my tea i feel is strong enough ive bought gaston ramirez this season and im negotiating with tottenham over kyle walker and that will be all from me in the transfer window with incoming players ive offered cisse out for 20 mil but no bids as of yet he only scored 9 goals in 29 games last season where adam cambpell got that in 12 games ba got 18 goals and ademilson got 8 in 9 so i may aswell cash in on cisse. just turned down a bid of 27 mil for ba from chelsea i may have though about that if it was a club from across seas but definately not from the same league

I've just cashed in on Cisse - selling him to Benfica for a straight up £25M! Was pretty dissapointing last season, only hitting 11 goals - and going missing any many games, but I didn't pull up any trees when it came to the league anyway. Sold Ba in January to make room for Campbell in my first team.

Any chance of a screenie of Ademilson?

Archived