FM13 Arsenal Thread - Victoria Concordia Crescit

llama3

Yeah English forwards are not really in great supply, as for ball-winning english mids - i cannot think of any good ones - although bet there are a few decent younger ones that can do the job well

Jack Cork can pretty much play all of the holding/deep midfield roles, turns into a fantastic player. Whilst not technically English by international choice, the lad Williams (at Middlesbrough) whose first name escapes me is also pretty good at that role. You could just persevere with Coq until someone comes through/available however.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

arsenal11_zps088b8f6c.jpg

2024/25 SEASON

PRE-SEASON UPDATE

Transfers

Out:

Arsenal8_zps12c6fc44.jpg

Loans

Arsenal9_zps5cd88ee8.jpg

Transfers

In

Arsenal7_zps25cc0ed7.jpg

Signed for £3.4m this La Tabalda born youngster seen as a eventual replacement for 'Mr Arsenal' Jack Wilshere , rated highly by myself and my staff this lad has a very promising future ahead of him

Arsenal6_zpse3205764.jpg

Signed for £2.7m this Italian youth is seen as a decent prospect who will provide cover in an injury crisis

Arsenal5_zps53ca8a3b.jpg

This Bitou Born youth(signed for 1.3m) whos eligible to play Burkina Faso or France is another highly promising player able to play on the right wing as well as a striker I see him as inside forward to replace another new signing in the future

Arsenal4_zps1b42b25c.jpg

Signed for 2.7m Leonardi like Cataldi is a decent prospect and will be used the same as Cataldi

Arsenal3_zps2f57099b.jpg

Re-signed for £1.4m Vito will provide cover in case of injury to Chavez or Bayer

Arsenal2_zps54d08e22.jpg

This Promising but raw Italian was singed for 1.2m due to other young RB's I probably try to sell him for a profit at around the age of 22

Arsenal1_zpse31b3e19.jpg

This World class right winger & inside forward has amassed 49 caps & 6 goal for his country signed for his insanely low release clause of

9.25m this Don Torcuato born player has impressed in pre season friendlies

Pre Season Friendlies P: 5 W: 5 , GF:28 GA: 2

Arsenal10_zps7f75574d.jpg

sorry for the image overload I may be returning to doing monthly updates

how does everyone like the new picture at the top &bottom

arsenal11_zps451bb880.jpg

1st Season Review at The Arsenal

Premier League:

Champions

8nqy.jpg

Champions League:

Quarter Final

FA Cup:

Quarter Final

League Cup:

Quarter Final

So maybe not a bad season i started this save From January 2013 an wenger had done a good job guiding them to 3rd in the league and qualifying for the knockout stages of the cl, but out of the league cup.

Using a updated database with all the transfers and leagues sorted out. Wenger brought in Higuain and Subotic. here is our dealings.

owv5.jpg

Playing a flat 442 system which is going well, some very impresive player stats:

Apps/Goals/Assists/Ave:

Giroud 23(13) ~ 27 ~ 8 ~ 7.54

Higuain 38(4) ~ 24 ~ 12 ~ 7.35

Walcott 40(6) ~ 22 ~ 5 ~ 7.22

Carzola 43(4) ~ 11 ~ 15 ~ 7.13

Wilshere 42(4) ~ 9 ~ 7 ~ 7.23

Squad & Set Up

hn6d.jpg

Pre season looking for a better defensive ball winner than Arteta, plus some more regens. but if anyone has suggestions that would be great.

One thing i might do is ship out Giroud and replace him with the transfer listed Aguero? What do you lot reckon?

Nice seeing a 4-4-2 in use. I couldn't really get mine going eh.

I dunno if you should ship out Arteta or not to be honest, he has been immense for me. But perhaps BWM is not his best role. I would consider a DLPd and then an AP or CM role next to him. He is getting older though, so entirely up to you :D

Giroud seemed to be your top performer so dunno the rush to sell him! Been crazy good for me, even notching 5 goals in 30 mins one game. He also seems a pretty able passer too.

How does Higuain go for you (outside of the stats you provided) how much did he cost?

Nice seeing a 4-4-2 in use. I couldn't really get mine going eh.

I dunno if you should ship out Arteta or not to be honest, he has been immense for me. But perhaps BWM is not his best role. I would consider a DLPd and then an AP or CM role next to him. He is getting older though, so entirely up to you :D

Giroud seemed to be your top performer so dunno the rush to sell him! Been crazy good for me, even notching 5 goals in 30 mins one game. He also seems a pretty able passer too.

How does Higuain go for you (outside of the stats you provided) how much did he cost?

Decided against selling Giroud in the end he has been going well. Signed Fellaini to replace Arteta for a heart stopping £55m from PSG. Also signed phil jones who has replaced Subotic as he has gone to Milan. Sagna and Podolski also left for Marseille and R Madrid respectively, got rid of the rest of the dead wood as well.

Higuain was edited in on the new database i downloaded. Must be an arsenal fan who done the update :lol: Was going to edit him out when i noticed but was excited to see how he got on. Hopefully it will come true soon in real life.

arsenal11_zps1bb42ae4.jpg

January Update

Arsenal1_zpsc112d606.jpg

Arsenal2_zps1096f026.jpg

Only 1 signing Troy Friar from Swansea for 25.5m

(correct of 2nd Jan 2025)

Players Performances

(new signing)

Emannuel Videla have a good start to his Arsenal career having amassed 7 Gls , 13 Assts & 2 Motm with an ave rating of 7.54 in 20 starting apps and 3 sub apps , Mannone has had five (starting)apps , Bationo has started ten games with 2 assists , Santos has had 10 starting apperencess but has failed to impress

Alex Nasa has been fantastic as always with 42 goals 12 assist and 13 MoTM's & and average rating of 8.24 from thirty matches

arsenal11_zps451bb880.jpg

Has anyone bought Adam Le Fondre from Reading? He was top scorer in the first season so I offered his value of 5.25m and had it accepted by Reading. I hope he isn't a flop.

He's a natural goalscorer and given the chance he'll slot them away... I commend you for going for a different choice too, based on his performance, not just the usual suspects.

He certainly has played well for me so far, 7 goals in October. Also I have edited the database a bit where the Emirates can be expanded. During the first season I asked the board to expand the ground and they obliged by 6,822. Come the end of the first season they had plans to expand it by 16,000 so it will hold 76k starting in August 2014. Until then I play my home games in front of 90k a week at Wembley.

Yeah true makes sense, just a bit annoying when all the other clubs get expansions by the sound of it. On that note though, has anyone had a new larger stadium built before?

You can only get a new ground, you cannot expand the emirates. This is because of real life transport issues - the infrastructure is not good enough to allow access for more than 60000 supporters.

Some rich dude took over the club in my save mid-3rd-season. Start of 4th season, he gave me 100m budget! I sold Giroud plus some other players too. Too much money lol. Decided against buying established players. I am just focusing on building for the future as the current team I have is very much capable of at least fighting for the title. On the other hand, would really love to test Messi in Arsenal finally... hmmm..

Just starting my first season and I've signed Lars bender has we lack a ball winning midfielder anyone had him in there team

He's a beast!

^^ Haha the temptations eh?

I am currently about 6 or 7 games into my first season. Finally happy with how my tactic was set up and things seem to be going swimmingly.

I will post a proper update in the next few days, but right now I wanted some suggestions on who I could bring in as an AMC to replace Cazorla in the future as I want to start using the media to "tap them up" over the current season.

I am looking for a goal scoring threat as my AM will often find themselves pushed right up and in the box, so an AM/FC type player ideally.

Quite liking the look of Adam Maher and also toying with the idea Reus (although not 100% if he fits the role). I am happy for this to be a slightly pricey purchase so open to all suggestions.

^^ Haha the temptations eh?

I am currently about 6 or 7 games into my first season. Finally happy with how my tactic was set up and things seem to be going swimmingly.

I will post a proper update in the next few days, but right now I wanted some suggestions on who I could bring in as an AMC to replace Cazorla in the future as I want to start using the media to "tap them up" over the current season.

I am looking for a goal scoring threat as my AM will often find themselves pushed right up and in the box, so an AM/FC type player ideally.

Quite liking the look of Adam Maher and also toying with the idea Reus (although not 100% if he fits the role). I am happy for this to be a slightly pricey purchase so open to all suggestions.

Adam Maher's definitely worth looking at. Trying to get him for my Everton team in 2017, as he's developed incredibly well with AI training, but he's going to cost me a fortune. I'd definitely advise giving him a go.

I do admire the longevity and persistance at a game of this length of time arsenalthebest. Have you significantly changed tactical approach or your approach to running your club during this time?

I do admire the longevity and persistance at a game of this length of time arsenalthebest. Have you significantly changed tactical approach or your approach to running your club during this time?

mostly, developing youth playing attacking football four of my first 11 cost just 1.35m Vincius I bought for 875k and I think his value is 23million my keeper Chavez cost me 500k and current value is 11.75 million

Jack Shay a youth Academy player is worth 18.75 m another Academy player Petar Dowling is worth 28.5m

although I'm continuing this save I wont be doing any more updates except possibly very brief ones

right then I decide to an experiment transferring some of the player we've been linked with-Fabregas ,Williams , Higuain & Rooney

It will last for jut 1 season

Arsenal finished third with 69 points behind City(76) & United( 82)

Apps~ Gls ~ Assts ~ MoM ~ Ave Rting

Rooney: 46(1) ~ 22 ~ 14 ~ 11 ~ 7.71

Higuain: 30 ~ 15 ~ 0 ~ 1 ~ 7.3

Fabregas: 23 ~ 5 ~ 7 ~ ~ 7.68

Williams: 12(14) ~ 0 ~0 ~ 0 ~ 6.79

Hi, I've been following this thread for a while and read through it all! Since I've been playing my own Arsenal game and thought I'd share my story and maybe one or two could use it as a guide! I'd show screenshots (if I knew! Or if anyone's interested?!) Just started my third season and I've been enjoying relative success actually, I'll include the history that I have made since taking over from Mr. Wenger.

Uefa CL: Runner - up 2014

BPL: Winner 2013, 2014

FA Cup: Runner - up 2014

Capital One Cup: Winner 2013

Community Shield: Winner 2013, Runner - up 2014

Under 18's: Winner 2014

Youngest Player: Hachim Mastour (v Middlesborough (A) 24/9/2013) Capital One Cup 15 years 101 days

Fastest Goal: Jack Wilshere (v Preston (H) 5/1/2014 FA Cup 15 seconds

Highest Fee: 2012/13 Nasri - City £13.25m (15/6/2013)

: 2013/14 N. Clyne - Southampton £21m (22/6/2014)

: 2014/15 RVP - United £8.25m (3/7/2014)

Received: 2012/13 N. Bendtner - AS Monaco £13m (18/6/2013)

: 2013/14L. Podolski - City £11m (31/1/2014)

: 2014/15 N. Monreal - Valencia £10m (1/7/2014)

So, that's my history so far, now for the tactics I employ!

GK - D W. Szceznsy

FB - S B. Sagna

CB - X T. Verm

CB - C L. Kos

FB - S K. Gibbs

AP - S A. Ramsey

AP - S J. Wilshere

IF - S S Cazorla

IF - S S. Nasri

DLF -A RV. Persie

P - A T. Walcott

Be great to here what you guys think, etc!

i think i have created one of my best fm teams, only won the league 1st year but will hopefully dominate next season

.......................cavani/giroud

schurrle/caz........gotze/wilshere.......theo/redmond/ox

..............lucas leiva/ramsey...wanyama/will hughes

gibbs/santon...kos/zouma.......dede/verm.....corchia/jenks

...............................chez/mannone

obviously need a new backup keeper but so strong everywhere else!

I've bought Bale in a past save for around 27m. He was immense, only problem was his huge wages, I think he was on 120k at the start then like 165k towards the end of my save.

Also why in the world would you buy Nasri and van Persie back????

Hi, I've been following this thread for a while and read through it all! Since I've been playing my own Arsenal game and thought I'd share my story and maybe one or two could use it as a guide! I'd show screenshots (if I knew! Or if anyone's interested?!) Just started my third season and I've been enjoying relative success actually, I'll include the history that I have made since taking over from Mr. Wenger.

Welcome - great work selling Bendtner for £13m - but Nasri & van Persie?! Oh dear!

Also why in the world would you buy Nasri and van Persie back????

Seriously?! Nasri is a wonderful talent, and I truly believe he should have never ever left. We really miss him, regardless of the potential that Ox can provide us, I was desperate for an international talent on the left wing and Nasri was Transfer listed, unhappy and desperate for first team football, 80K a week, I snapped him up. RVP was a harder decision but, in all honesty he was under - used at United and I thought he could do us a job, he did (remember for 8million) 19 appearances, 11 goals, 7 assists that just says bargain buy to me.

Welcome - great work selling Bendtner for £13m - but Nasri & van Persie?! Oh dear!

Thanks, I really tried to drive the best bargain for Bendtner, but seriously?! Why would you be against Nasri?! Incredible talent, he left for trophies and yes he got huge wages - of course it's City, but I would leave Arsenal - prime of my career, no trophy to show I don't blame RVP either - in hindsight of course. I bought back Vela for the release clause, only to ship him off for 10mil to Dortmund a season later, I've recently splashed on Andre Schurrle as a long term replacement for Cazorla

Thanks, I really tried to drive the best bargain for Bendtner, but seriously?! Why would you be against Nasri?! Incredible talent, he left for trophies and yes he got huge wages - of course it's City, but I would leave Arsenal - prime of my career, no trophy to show I don't blame RVP either - in hindsight of course. I bought back Vela for the release clause, only to ship him off for 10mil to Dortmund a season later, I've recently splashed on Andre Schurrle as a long term replacement for Cazorla

Sorry I just cannot accept any justification for the way Nasri left, showed a real lack of spine. But that aside. I like your dealings in terms of value. 8m for RVP is fantastic and getting rid of Bendtner for that much is great!!

I myself am about to enter the Jan window of my first season. Going very well, top of table by about 8-10 points (didn't check after my win this morning before work).

I am looking to bring in some BWM cover but not too sure who to go for. Wanyama and Matuidi are both listed, and could get them for around 7m I guess. But I am wondering if I should look for a younger option perhaps. Any ideas. I want someone physically imposing (have Fellaini there currently) but they need to be ok going forward as well as I like them to win the ball back in dangerous positions.

But i am a fan, not a player, i am not obliged to forgive players for moving to rivals.

I myself am about to enter the Jan window of my first season. Going very well, top of table by about 8-10 points (didn't check after my win this morning before work).I am looking to bring in some BWM cover but not too sure who to go for. Wanyama and Matuidi are both listed, and could get them for around 7m I guess. But I am wondering if I should look for a younger option perhaps. Any ideas. I want someone physically imposing (have Fellaini there currently) but they need to be ok going forward as well as I like them to win the ball back in dangerous positions.

Ah, I like Wanyama, he's gone to Liverpool in my save, always done fantastically well, for me, I don't play with one, and I haven't missed one - that said I like what you're looking for apparently some people on here have had some success with Coquelin - I myself haven't though. I've always loved the Bender twins, but maybe weaker going forward - how about training Jack in that role? He's already got amazing potential in forward situations?

But i am a fan, not a player, i am not obliged to forgive players for moving to rivals.

Ah yes, I am a fan as well. That said I have found it in myself not to forgive him, but in the role of the game, he was the best option - I look at it as a statistician with no emotions involved.

I've noticed that someone here brought Nasri back. He is transfer listed on my save December 2014. I can get him for a meagre £2-3m, however, he is not the same player. He picked up two consecutive 3 month injuries in December 2012 and August 2013 and hasn't played much. Do I bring him back and resurrect his career or lot him rot away out of spite? ;)

http://oi43.tinypic.com/2rzrpjo.jpg

http://oi43.tinypic.com/2poz6s4.jpg

http://oi43.tinypic.com/345haxh.jpg

Archived