dafuge's FM13 challenge

Similar amounts to me (i've got/had between £65m and £95m in the last 3/4 season)

Just unlucky then

Well at the moment with my rubbish stadium I'm losing millions, and I have to keep selling players to make up the shortfall, and then the board gets on my back about that. It makes me want to rip my hair out sometimes.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope! I'm in 2028, and i've been eligible for about 4 years now, asking about twice a year. I'm going to sell off a stack of players right after this year's prize money from Premiership/Europe and hopefully having a load in the bank will allow me to get one built. It'll be easy coasting once I get a decent stadium.

EDIT: They cant expand, it's maximum. It needs to be a new stadium, which is why I'm thinking a huge bank balance will convince them to build. I hope so, anyways.

i was about to post my season review but my laptop decided it needs to restart, cause it used CPU over 80% for quite some time... so i lost 2 months... and i wont be playing anymore today, rage quit... :p tbh only 2 matches, cause the rest was offseason (im 5 point clear on top) so im fairly calm about me getting much coveted BSN Championship... but still...

and i already had all the screens made...

i was about to post my season review but my laptop decided it needs to restart, cause it used CPU over 80% for quite some time... so i lost 2 months... and i wont be playing anymore today, rage quit... :p tbh only 2 matches, cause the rest was offseason (im 5 point clear on top) so im fairly calm about me getting much coveted BSN Championship... but still...

and i already had all the screens made...

Just use the screens you had already, it'll be close enough, surely? Except for maybe transfers. Also this is why the auto save every week with a 3 file rolling save comes in handy. I'd advise setting that now, the most I could ever lose is about 2 matches.

Nope! I'm in 2028, and i've been eligible for about 4 years now, asking about twice a year. I'm going to sell off a stack of players right after this year's prize money from Premiership/Europe and hopefully having a load in the bank will allow me to get one built. It'll be easy coasting once I get a decent stadium.

EDIT: They cant expand, it's maximum. It needs to be a new stadium, which is why I'm thinking a huge bank balance will convince them to build. I hope so, anyways.

Yeah hope that works..my bank balance is gonna be small now i reckon, i just had my first 100k per week wage bill. One of my u-18s just won the European Golden Boy Award

Just use the screens you had already, it'll be close enough, surely? Except for maybe transfers. Also this is why the auto save every week with a 3 file rolling save comes in handy. I'd advise setting that now, the most I could ever lose is about 2 matches.

Got to agree with this, I have auto saving on every month and the 3 rolling saves thing. It is a must and I don't understand why anyone wouldn't do it

Let us know how that goes, a bit of a risk, but I like it!!

I wonder if there is no land around the ground they can build on in real life?

Let us know how that goes, a bit of a risk, but I like it!!

I wonder if there is no land around the ground they can build on in real life?

I thought of that, I have a post from a few days ago with a google map of Kellamergh park. It's in the middle of hundreds of acres of field.

EDIT: Just out of curiosity, how much do people currently spend per month if wages are disregarded? At the moment every month I have 4.5M of non footballing costs, 1.5M in tax as well as 2M in 'other' (whatever that is). I genuinely have to cut my wages to less than £0 a week to make money at the moment.

Hmm last month my non football costs were 1.1m, 1.28m for tax, last season my non football costs were 16million, they typically go up towards the end of the season, I have no idea what NFC is.

My total gate is around 19m, and cos I aim to finish in the top 5 each season I keep my prize money in the 10s of million, so that helps keep costs down.

My total income from last season was 107million and my total expenditure was around 138 million, this season I will be in the hole by 27million, and it makes it imperative for me to have both a good cup run, league run and a champions league run.

Right, I thought 4.5M on non footballing costs seemed high... Wonder if theres any way I can reduce them, cos at the moment it's crippling me.

Also, cant believe it took me this long to work out I can save team selections and dont have to drag and drop 11 players for every midweek game and then change again for the weekend.

Hmm are u practising prudent financial planning? Reason I am asking is cos like a few months ago before the patch, if we had a lot of money in the bank saved up, the our "other costs" shot up, then they fixed it..and our "non football costs" went up. It was meant as a sink to prevent the utter accumulation of wealth. What I am interested in knowing is whether you are making a lot of money a season and still seeing a lot of money going out..

I can only think of tacticalmaster who has gone that far..if you are generating a lot of money and your NFC or OC is outta the roof while you practice prudent financial planning then this should be raised in the bugs forum. IT will require the uploading of an entire save game though.

nah, i do it again... i believe in destiny/faith/karma (whatever you call it) so this was meant to happen :D and i dont do autosave for a simple reason - it annoys me :D i had autosave on my previous 15 season game, and basically i never needed it, it was oly annoying when it popped up, as my computer is powerful like Hulk... but before he changes to the actual Hulk :p what i'm trying to say is my PC is shi... eee poor (i promised mods i will control my language), and saving takes 3 years. So, because previously i didnt need it i thought, "to hell with Autosave"... so thats Murphy's Law for you :D

I have alot in the bank at the moment, but that was mainly because I was losing about 1-2M a month so I sold players to offset it, aswell as hoping a healthy balance would convince the board to build this blooming stadium. Then suddenly this season my per month losses have risen to almost 5M despite my wages reducing. I'll just battle through and hope. Winning the prem and getting to the champions league final has become my minimum requirement again, though, just for money purposes....

ok, i started replaying my game, and already its worse than it was :p but i have a question, cause i couldnt quite get it from the rules, so have to ask... When (rather than "if" :D ) i will reach league 2, can i add polish league to the game?

You can only add leagues/take international manager jobs once you have completed the challenge (won Premier League and Champions League).

Just out of curiosity, how much do people currently spend per month if wages are disregarded? At the moment every month I have 4.5M of non footballing costs, 1.5M in tax as well as 2M in 'other' (whatever that is). I genuinely have to cut my wages to less than £0 a week to make money at the moment.

Last month: (November 2042)

£5.44m NFC

£5.07m Tax

£3.49m Other

£27.31m total expenditure for the month... Still made a £1.26m profit.

I had £800m in the bank, and it took me 22 years from the build date of the previous stadium to get a new one. Went from 17,158 to over 74,800. Cost around £230m.

Ah. I may not have quite 230M in the bank... Though I'd be overjoyed with 40k, let alone 74800. Guess I may have to keep on selling to keep afloat... Going to be such a shame, I have a couple of players who I reckon are in the top 3 in the world in their positions, aged 22 and 23. I'd be really sorry to see them go, but it may be required.

ALso, just won the club world championship, making me the most successful English manager ever!

Ah. I may not have quite 230M in the bank... Though I'd be overjoyed with 40k, let alone 74800. Guess I may have to keep on selling to keep afloat... Going to be such a shame, I have a couple of players who I reckon are in the top 3 in the world in their positions, aged 22 and 23. I'd be really sorry to see them go, but it may be required.

ALso, just won the club world championship, making me the most successful English manager ever!

I have a player I nickname Maradona who rips through defences, scores bucketloads and hes only 18. And he's already won the E Golden boy, plus asked for 100k wages, I reckon he will need to be sold. I need to milk him as much as i can ;-(

I was selling players for years to keep afloat. I've only had one player reach 30 in my Premier League era, as he was the best player I've ever had. Had to let him go at 33 because he wanted more than I was willing to pay. Brought him back a year later on much reduced wages as a tutor/assistant manager, but he wouldn't sign a new 'staff' deal when he retired, as he had no interest in ANY role.

Now we're in such a solid financial position that I can hold on to whoever I want, which is handy as I'm trying to win everything with youth products (including World Cup), just like Dafuge.

Edit: My (youth product) Striker just won European Golden Boy, Ballon d'or and World Player of the year in the same season! :o

I have a player I nickname Maradona who rips through defences, scores bucketloads and hes only 18. And he's already won the E Golden boy, plus asked for 100k wages, I reckon he will need to be sold. I need to milk him as much as i can ;-(

I bought the 23 year old 2 years ago and he scores/creates so many, just like your Maradona. Was player of the year last year. The 22 yo centre back was brought in on a free (somehow) and has been in my first team for about 4 years. This is actually one of the most soul crushing moments in FM I've experienced, the thought I have to sell my best players repeatedly. Arsene Wenger has to live this, I suddenly feel alot more sorry for him.

Edit: Nice TG, cant wait until I create some useful players! How old is he atm?

KETTERING TOWN

2012/2013 - Blue Square North

1313591030Kettering%20Town%20badge.jpg aka 668_zpsadd3b422.png

Club Information | Manager Profile | Finances | Squad | Transfers

League Table

Fixtures 1 , 2 , 3

Key Players

Aidan Grant

Ed Palmer - started as a 1st sub, made his way to first team by consistency and he really improved in attributes

Ben Reeves - i signed him in january for 6k, made a difference in push for championship

Aims For Next Season

Promotion! I have couple good players coming in, plus i signed Louis Dodds and Lee Beevers...

It was great season overall, but basically my profit was the game vs Newcastle away. If it wasnt for this match, i would have a loss this season i think. And because of replay, i lost 40k in profits, because i secured a championship game earlier before and on my last match came 3000 people, now last match decided about everything, 1400 supporters...Still, bright future ahead of Kettering! Club info is already for another season... And i really look forward to my season tickets price, cause now my supporters have to pay more than the ones of juventus or barcelona :D

I bought the 23 year old 2 years ago and he scores/creates so many, just like your Maradona. Was player of the year last year. The 22 yo centre back was brought in on a free (somehow) and has been in my first team for about 4 years. This is actually one of the most soul crushing moments in FM I've experienced, the thought I have to sell my best players repeatedly. Arsene Wenger has to live this, I suddenly feel alot more sorry for him.

Edit: Nice TG, cant wait until I create some useful players! How old is he atm?

He's 19. Not bad, eh?

20 in Acceleration, pace, finishing, composure, anticipation and first touch is just too good for a 19 year old. Also, is that seriously 59 Goals in 28 apps? Though tbh with his stats it wouldnt surprise me. And he's only on 35k. That's just insane.

It's actually too easy to train a player like that. Heavy individual role training and lots of game time. Most players are wonderkids by 18 as long as they have the potential, when trained like that. And his wages are low because that is his first professional contract.

Also, being one-footed is worth 20-30 PA points alone, which is partly why his attributes look so amazing.

He's 19. Not bad, eh?

yeah, quite, i would loan him from you :D

anyway, 19th July 2014, deep in pre-season and i already have my team assembled... i dont think i can add anyone else, i will focus to leave my budget to sign permanently all those players i loaned in...

Formation + likely line-up for next season here

Transfers

Players in - Sam Mantom, Luca Scapuzzi, Danny Kedwell (just to have TM in team)

Loans in - Erik Tonne, Dan Burn, Lamisha Busonda, Bastien Hery

now, with those players, getting promoted to League 2 should be easy in my opinion...

EDIT: Just out of curiosity, how much do people currently spend per month if wages are disregarded? At the moment every month I have 4.5M of non footballing costs, 1.5M in tax as well as 2M in 'other' (whatever that is). I genuinely have to cut my wages to less than £0 a week to make money at the moment.

Expenditure not counting wages, bonuses, loyalty bonuses & staff wages:

Non Footballing Costs - 3,508,846

Match Day Expenses - 1,037,418

Ground Maintenance - 455,337

Youth Setup - 120,160

Scouting Costs - 7,023

Tax - 3,373,267

Travel Costs - 1,514,213

Other - 1,623,349

Total - 11,639,613

Total expenditure with wages - 22,975,109

FC United- Blue Square Premier - 2015/16

League Table

League Positions Graph

As predicted we won the league, although it took a draw on the last day to clinch the title on goal difference after letting a 9 point lead slip. Board & fans alike were overwhelmed after expecting us to just stay up.

FA Trophy – Disappointed not to win this again, but totally outplayed by Mansfield in the 4th Rnd.

FA Cup- Fantastic run to the 3rd round before going down to Championship side Brighton, highlight though was the demolition of League 1 Peterborough 4-1 in the 1st Rnd replay.

Squad- Strengthened my strikeforce but still kept looking to the future keeping faith with most of my young guns, added a few players in January in readiness for the transition to proper League football.

TransfersBrought in a few loan players to give the squad much needed back up and actually spent some money on players 48K in total.

FinancesCup runs helped to keep going in the right direction, re-evaluation by the board in January boosted my wage & transfer budget.

Key Player Profiles:

Dean Overson – Still as consistent as ever although missed a few games through injury, partnership with Kieran Kennedy saw us solid at the back.

Kyle De Silva- Signed for 5k from Crystal Palace, set piece king & star of the future.

Chris Atkinson – Mr. Consistent will be part of this midfield for a few years yet, nominated once again for Player of the Season.

Danny Gosset – Bit of a surprise as his attributes don’t look that great but makes great runs into box and links the midfield & strikers well.

Player of the Season

Godwin Abadaki – 16 goals & 14 assists for the ex-Rochdale striker.

One to watch

Jamie Ness – ex-Stoke & Rangers, picked up on a free just before end of season already good enough for League 1.

Career Overview

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Season

[/TD]

[TD]League

[/TD]

[TD]Position

[/TD]

[TD]Achievements

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2013/14

[/TD]

[TD]BSN

[/TD]

[TD] 7th

[/TD]

[TD]Manager of Year Runner up

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2014/15

[/TD]

[TD]BSN

[/TD]

[TD]1st

[/TD]

[TD]Manager of Year, FA Trophy Winners

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16

[/TD]

[TD]BSP

[/TD]

[TD]1st

[/TD]

[TD]Manager Of Year

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Next Season

Exciting times ahead as we venture into the Football League, again quite confident already as squad should more than hold their own; be interesting to see if the board matches my ambition to finance another push for promotion.

Major Competitions

Premier League Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea

Championship – Hull, Watford, Reading

Blue Sq Prem – FC United, Salisbury

FA Cup – Man Utd bt Arsenal

Capital One Cup – Man Utd bt Aston Villa

Champions League – FC Porto bt Chelsea

God i hate City now, they beat us in the semi finals 3-2 on aggregate and edged us in the FA Cup Final 1 nil. We did pip them for the league title making it back to back wins, and had the satisfaction of seeing them lose 1 nil to Porto in the final

Hello Dafuge / Everyone.

I have decided to take over Hampton & Richmond in this challenge but I am going to try and do it with a difference. The only tactical adjustments I am going to make to the default 4-4-2 formation is the strategy before or during games and that's it. I am not going to use a "downloaded" tactic or training regimes.

In addition I am going to try and get through the challenge without spending a single penny on players.

I have been inspired by people on here and how they have approached the challenge and although this could take me ages to do, I am looking forward to it!

So here goes!

DoobageMcGoobage_OverviewProfile_zps69b7f9df.png

all you need to know about my first month in BSP is here

and this just made me laugh... i'm Polish, so what other performance were they expecting :D

so, after posting this, my star gk got injured for two months, and my back-up goalie was called up to scotland U-21, so i lost 2 next games... thats where bragging gets you... thank you Murphy for reminding me of your laws again...

oh, and really good luck for you mcgoobage, you should do well up toaround league 1 level, but later it will be tough not to buy anyone... stay strong! :D

Disappointing in the cups, went out in second qualifying round in the FA Cup and lost in the second round of the FA Trophy. League is a mixed bag, but we're reasonably comfortable sitting in midtable. 2 or 3 quality signings and I should be pushing for the play offs. Overall not a bad first half season with Lowestoft.

BASHLEY F.C.

2027/28 - Premier League

ia8Y6.png

Club Information | Confidence | Finances | Squad (1) (2) | Transfers (1) (2)

The League

League Table | Position Graph

The Continental Cups

Super Cup Loss

Club World Cup Fixtures | Club World Cup Final

Champions League Group Table | Champions League League Fixtures

Champions League Final

The Domestic Cups

Community Shield Win

FA Cup Fixtures | Capital One Cup Fixtures

FA Cup Final | Capital One Cup Final

Key Players

Tim Madders | Simone Venturi | Joshua Lallement

Awards

Fan's Player of the Season

Joshua Lallement

Six wins of this for Lallement. He is absolutely outstanding. However, his time is up. Having hit 30 years old, it's time to cash in. He's a fantastic defender and will be missed, but we must move on.

Top Scorer

Tim Madders

Gets injured for a few months and still wins the top scorer award. 39 goals in 39 appearances. 21 in 23 in the league. Brilliant striker but he has a lot of great competition in the coming season. This is a great battle to watch.

Millward Player's Choice Award

Manager's Player of the Season

Manfred Ernst

My little wonderkid. Only 18 years old and already a star. With his performances at this level, getting 15 goals in all competitions from the bench, he is in a great position to start the next season. Great young talent and he's going to be a star for years to come.

Jordan Swinburn Award

Surprise of the Season

Unbeaten in all competitions... ish!

Unbeaten in everything except the Super Cup, which oddly doesn't count towards the unbeaten run in the news. How odd. Fantastic season, and it's going to be tough to replicate.

Aims For Next Season

Win it all!

Including the Super Cup!

Meanwhile...

Interesting Findings

Carlisle survive!

Birmingham drop to the Blue Square Premier.

Crawley go into administration and drop from the Blue Square South.

Career Overview

Season      League                   League Finish      Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14     Blue Square South        17th               Survival

2014/15     Blue Square South        5th                Promotion - Playoffs

2015/16     Blue Square Premier      3rd                Promotion - Playoffs

2016/17     League Two               3rd                Promotion - Automatic

2017/18     League One               1st                Promotion - Champions

2018/19     Championship             5th                Promotion - Playoffs

2019/20     Premier League           12th               FA Cup Winners

2020/21     Premier League           4th                Qualified for Champions League

2021/22     Premier League           6th                Champions League Finalists, Capital One Cup Winners

2022/23     Premier League           6th                Europa League Winners, FA Cup Winners

2023/24     Premier League           2nd                Europa League Winners, FA Cup Finalists, Community Shield Winners

2024/25     Premier League           1st                Champions League Winners, Premier League Winners

2025/26     Premier League           1st                Champions League Winners, Premier League Winners, Club World Cup Winners, 
                                                       Super Cup Winners

2026/27     Premier League           2nd                Champions League Winners, Club World Cup Winners, Super Cup Winners, 
                                                       Community Shield Winners

2027/28     Premier League           1st                Champions League Winners, Club World Cup Winners, Super Cup Winners, 
                                                       Premier League Winners, FA Cup Winners

2028/29     Premier League           1st                Champions League Winners, Club World Cup Winners, Premier League Winners
                                                       FA Cup Winners, Capital One Cup Winners, Community Shield Winners

Small mid-season update

After brilliant beginning to the season, my team must've thought that they will be given championship for good first impression and been playing rather bland since mid-november, my fixtures here (of course, there's been this great performance against shrewsbury, but that was a one off)

Thankfully i'm still in the hunt for automatic promotion (League Table), so helpfully my team will pick themselves up... in my previous game my teams used to always do better second half of season, so fingers crossed Kettering will follow that trend.

Overall, they're still doing great, it have to be said, Tonne (left wing), Appiah (striker) and Ed Palmer (centreback) have been just brilliant... team stats

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2038/39

At the end of last season I decided to make a bold move and sell off the last five players that I had signed meaning my squad was now entirely produced from the youth academy. This season was bound to be tough as I had a smaller, younger and weaker squad than previous seasons.

League Table

League Positions Graph

I was absolutely delighted with this league finish as it keeps us in the Champions League for next season. There's a big gap to the top two, but I think we will close it in the next few years as our players get older.

Community Shield - we didn't deserve it at all, but it was an unexpected first trophy for the new squad.

Capital One Cup - I used the squad players for this, with the usual result.

FA Cup - I also rotated the squad for this, so it was a surprise to get past Chelsea.

UEFA Champions League - this competition just proves how strong our first team is. We came so close to making the final but threw it away in spectacular fashion at Arsenal.

Transfers - this will probably be the last bit of transfer action for a while as I sold of those last few players.

Squad - the balance isn't great, but we've got the basis of a decent squad here. We'll need a few more star players to come through to give us the squad depth needed to challenge for the title.

Key Player Profiles:

Joseph Mulready - top scorer again in a stunning season.

Ken Darlington - still very young, but he had a good first season as a first choice striker.

Léopold Agbodossinji - a solid season from the midfielder.

Michael Archer - he's our only decent central defender, so we struggle without him.

Ian Penney - came through the youth system some time ago, but never really got a chance in the first team.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2014/15   Blue Square Bet Premier  19th
2015/16   Blue Square Bet Premier  18th
2016/17   Blue Square Bet Premier  6th
2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists
2018/19   Blue Square Bet Premier  12th         
2019/20   Blue Square Bet Premier  4th         Playoff finalists
2020/21   Blue Square Bet Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2021/22   npower League Two        1st         Promoted as champions
2022/23   npower League One        1st         Promoted as champions
2023/24   npower Championship      20th
2024/25   npower Championship      1st         Promoted as champions
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  6th         FA Cup finalists
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  4th         Europa League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  4th         
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup and Champions League winners, FA Cup finalists
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Champions League winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Champions League finalists
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  3rd         

Next Season

I'm hoping that our players will improve with age, so as long as we qualify for the Champions League again I'll be happy.

Things with England have been similar to club level. I've used the squad players for the friendlies (which hasn't gone well!) but qualification for Euro 2040 is looking a lot better.

Unfortunately, I have messed up my computer royally, deleting everything, so I have had to start over. I have started as Banbury Town. Cannot get a screenie right now, as apparently the "Users" folder doesn't exist on my computer, even though when I specifically search for my Banbury save, it shows up and is there. If I manually try to get to that folder using C:, Users, etc, it doesn't show up, however. If anyone knows how to fix this problem, PLEASE let me know. :)

So, im past transfer window, this my mytransfer history

almost all of those player are "fill the holes" like we say in my country, apart from the ones i once mentioned

Transfers

Players in - Sam Mantom, Luca Scapuzzi, Danny Kedwell (just to have TM in team)

Loans in - Erik Tonne, Dan Burn, Lamisha Busonda, Bastien Hery

and money buys. I decided to sell Schapuzzi as he didnt impress me at all, and signed a striker with views already for next season (cause i firmly believe my team is strong enough to top the division - Mark Cullen. Im paying him sick amount of money, but he already scored twice in his debut. Worth mentioning is Dafydd Spencer, who will be my 3rd striker, and goalie Angus Gunn.

And even though it seems im overloading budget, i have still 5k a week left (22k wage budget total) and each month gives me a profit, in 6 months club value got from 800k to 1.8mln, not to mention it was round 150k when i started. Sorry for bit of bragging, but i find this "attachment" to the club and seeing as it grows very exciting :D

Archived