Best Tactic Yet - Poll

Best Tactic Yet - Poll  

372 members have voted

1. 1. Best Tactic Yet - Poll

• Korbens 4231 with 2 CMs and wingers, simple and made in TC
    • TACTIC: 4-2-2-2 'tweak' (BPL half a season record 19 matches - W19 / shot 91 of 1
    • A Swansea fan's long running Brendan Rodgers project. LFC fans, look here.
    • Ultimate style - a 4-5-1 possession tactic
    • 4-1-2-3 Engine Expoliter by Hazza22299
    • FMTN Grid Tactic
    • Total Football: Tic-Tac Magick (The return: Part 2)
    • Mr Hough's 4-2-1-3 for FM12
    • [TM] Tiki-Taka Beyond Barcelona [FM12.2]
    • 106pt team 442 Knap
    • 442 Beautiful football, incredible results
    • Arsene Wenger style tactics 12.2.2
    • [FM12.2.2] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSStidious V3 FINAL || FLAT 4-4-2 • • •
    • Swansea Treble First Season(Sumthins 4-2-3-1).
    • v2 grid 442 tactic Knap

Please vote which tactic worked best for you!

Im torn between 2 FMTN Grid Tactic & [FM12.2.2] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSStidious V3 FINAL || FLAT 4-4-2 • • •

I am torn between those 2 aswell but I have gone for the FMTN Grid tactic in the end as I feel it is more consistent than the FuSS tactic and is still just as good if you take away the corner exploit (which I did) and although the FuSS one works well without the corner exploit it is not nearly as effective than it is with it.

BROBS Tactic which is not on the list is the 3rd best and then I don't think anything else out there is any better than something you can knock together in 5 minutes with the tactic creator.

Please vote which tactic worked best for you!

Im torn between 2 FMTN Grid Tactic & [FM12.2.2] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSStidious V3 FINAL || FLAT 4-4-2 • • •

Thanks mate a great applause for this

gif-1.gif

and thanks for making it ... you are the best!!

and deserve this ..... =>... gif-1.gif

Has to be Grid for me. Over-achieving success at all levels, ranging from Level 12 of the English Leagues, to Arsenal + Bayern, as well as Brighton. Take the corner exploit out and you still score loads, solid defence, attractive football + results.

Yeh got to be the original FMTN Grid (I personally used the press version) - has made the game boring as it works with pretty much anyone. Tried the 4-1-2-3 Engine Expoliter by Hazza22299 as well but never got it to live upto the FMTN Grid - might have just been one of those games. No two games are the same on FM12; or at least not in my experience.

Grid by far the best tactic this year. It works on every level for me. In my current west ham save i am currently on a 75 EPL unbeaten run....totally unbelievable!!
Press are stand off?

Press are stand off?

stand off.....BTW i`m in 2016 and have just recently took over the Belgium national job and used this tactic in my first game, which was an away friendly in Romania.

I was missing a few top players such as Kompany,Hazard and Vermarelen and still managed a 7-1 win with my CF scoring 6 which was his first goals for his country!! (and not one was from a corner)

They had qualified for the Euro Championships before i took charge and have been paired with Holland,Portugal and Belarus...will bhe interesting to see how this tactic goes on the international stage vs sides like holland,germany,italy and spain...

.i`ll find out in the morning as i`m now of to bed so i can get up in the early hours of the morning to watch the olympic opening ceremony :)

if you take out mr hough's 4-2-1-3 and the exploit by Hazza which were all based on the Grid tactic, it would be miles ahead!!

i vote for Grid simply because of the amount of goals you score and concede. Over the 60 games in my barcelona game i am averaging 4.5 goals per game and only conceded about 12. Messi with 4 games left is on 160 goals!!

for attractive play it has to be tic_tac by Magic but just not potent enough up front. (for me anyway)

if you take out mr hough's 4-2-1-3 and the exploit by Hazza which were all based on the Grid tactic, it would be miles ahead!!

i vote for Grid simply because of the amount of goals you score and concede. Over the 60 games in my barcelona game i am averaging 4.5 goals per game and only conceded about 12. Messi with 4 games left is on 160 goals!!

for attractive play it has to be tic_tac by Magic but just not potent enough up front. (for me anyway)

What you just said ther i totally agree

Based on the results so far this thread should really read "which tactic exploits the match engine that much that makes the game utterly pointless and of no fun"

If SI clamped down on such crazy individual instructions so that the game remained as "real tactics" every single one of the sliders set on these tactics would read unrecognised.

I'm not voting, because I'm not sure it's as clear cut as 'one tactic to rule them all', but these are my favourites (in no particular order).

1. Bootroom Vengeance.

Advantages

The most successful tactic I've used when it comes to overachieving with a relatively weak team.

Disadvantages

Relies heavily on the corner exploit.

Apparently a variation of one of Mr Hough's tactic, so not very original.

Uses extreme individual slider tweaks, which doesn't feel like a very realistic way of playing to me.

2. Knap's 4-4-2 MC Treble 106pts

Advantages

Wins very consistently against inferior teams, so great for winning league titles when you're against an AI team that hardly ever drops points.

Deals out some real hammerings to weaker teams once fully fluid.

Better than Bootroom Vengeance when used with top teams.

Uses only team slider settings, so seems like a fairly realistic way to play.

Disadvantages

Relies heavily on the corner tactic, although not quite as badly as Bootroom Vengeance.

Not as good as Bootroom Vengeance when used with weak teams.

3. JP Woody's Wenger Style (4-4-2 Version)

Advantages

Uses default player roles with no slider tweaks, so feels like a very realistic and enjoyable way of playing the game.

Uses near post corners, but not an extreme 'everyone lurk outside the box' exploit like the other two tactics.

Disadvantages

Good, but not as effective as either of the above two tactics, in terms of purely overachieving with a given team.

Which one of the above I use depends on my mood generally.

If I am playing as a weak team and want to progress as quickly as possible at any cost, I use Bootroom Vengeance (although, this is almost never how I like to play these days).

If I am playing as a top team and want to play fairly realistically, yet ensure that I almost certainly bag the title and over achieve, I use knaps 442 106pt mc treble.

If I want to play the game more realistically, and gradually build my team around a tactic, I use jp woody's wenger 442.

Oh… and if I'm feeling bored, inspired or adventurous, I'll create my own tactic (heaven forbid!).

where is link for Bootroom Vengeance please

Mr Hough a couple of seasons ago and now FMTN Grid Tactic prove that wingers are dead in FM. The 433 no wingers just dominates the game, the only way to get crossing to work is from corners, I have tried believe me, but nothing!

Millsinho, were those stats achieved with my BR tactic? Specifically the 2016-17 season as I notice that that is the season you posted on my thread mate. Those stats look good for a winger, and if so, I'd be pleased!

Archived