Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really think Ramires is wasted on the right. We could do with his speed and running through the middle, where Mikel and Lampard (though I like them) are making our midfield play ridiculously slow. Really hope Oscar gets his chance soon.

Agree with shanyi. We seem to have improved in the last few minutes but we just don't look like scoring, not sure whether that's because Atleti are defending brilliantly or because we don't have a decent striker. Really not confident for the rest of the season if it's just Torres and Sturridge.

tbf we all saw this coming once we played a side that could finish right? Defence really really needs to be sorted asap, and I don't mean just the back 4, more like the back 7 are just a joke atm. What a player Falcao is though.

Genuinely considering not watching the 2nd half. Never not finished watching a match but from the way we have just played they don't deserve fans to watch them. We haven't created nothing, defended like ****ing morons. All 3 finishes were great but he should never have been given those chances. I can't actually remember the last time I was this annoyed watching us play.

Let's just bloody hope we win the World Club Championship. I know these trophies really don't mean a lot to most clubs but I would like to win one out of the three we have been in.

So you've created something? :D

:D

I'm so angry my usually good writing skills have gone to pot. We need to just get the ball and keep it. What I do not understand is how Atletico can put 10 men behind the ball to defend but still counter attack the way they do. Our players need to get back a lot quicker.

What the **** is wrong with our defence?

To be honest, I think our midfield two is at least as culpable, they're way too slow to get back and provide any protection, allowing Atletico to completely overrun us on the counter, especially since our full-backs usually push forward. That's why I think Ramires should be in the middle, he's not great defensively but can get back very quickly and at least provide an extra man. That said, our defence has been as awful as Atletico have been magnificent.

To be honest, I think our midfield two is at least as culpable, they're way too slow to get back and provide any protection, allowing Atletico to completely overrun us on the counter, especially since our full-backs usually push forward. That's why I think Ramires should be in the middle, he's not great defensively but can get back very quickly and at least provide an extra man. That said, our defence has been as awful as Atletico have been magnificent.

Agreed, watching Mikel trying to get back is a joke, and Frank isn't exactly spritely. I'd much rather see Ramires in the centre, never thought he belongs out on the right. But both CM's need to be tracking the runners from midfield far better, especially Mikel as he's supposed to be the defensive midfielder here

I think the worst thing about this game is that it shows that when we really have to defend against a team with quality then we can't handle it or so it seems anyway. Need to work out how we defend with this new team. The attack has been good (apart from this game). I would be happier if we were 3-0 down and had actually created chances but we just haven't. We haven't been attacking or defending.

I think the worst thing about this game is that it shows that when we really have to defend against a team with quality then we can't handle it or so it seems anyway. Need to work out how we defend with this new team. The attack has been good (apart from this game). I would be happier if we were 3-0 down and had actually created chances but we just haven't. We haven't been attacking or defending.

Agee with Shanyi and Bracken. Get Mikel off for now and bring Ramires back. Put Oscar or Moses on and try and exploit the wings.

The problem with Rambo at CM is that he can't defend. Would like to see a Luizless back 4 next game and Meireles as a pivot

But at least he's quick enough to get back and provide an extra body in defence. None of our other CMs have the pace to get back and make the most of their superior defensive skills against a side like Atletico.

Archived