Unveliavable result - Buzzing!

Erm, Niebiescy, why are you coming on to someone else's thread and gloating about your own success? The guy simply is proud of his achievement, so why can't you let him be? Yes the transfers may be a bit strange, but that is the way he has chosen to play his game and that is up to him, it doesn't have to be done in conjunction with real life.

Although I agree with the comments about Snodgrass. If he is worth 7 million then Vaz Te should have been bought for 12million! Snodgrass is worth no more than 2.5/3 million i'm afraid lad.

I didn't come on here to gloat. He labelled me as jealous and I justified my reasons for definitely not being jealous. If I wanted to gloat I would write my own thread. I just feel that he has won by exploiting flaws in the in-game transfer system and wanted to say that.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Premiership clubs pay £6/7m for star players from relegated clubs who have proven themselves in the Premiership (and it's very rare they receive anywhere near that much), not for Championship players who haven't proved themselves at the higher level.

What like Shane Long, Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain, Gareth Bale, Theo Walcott and I'm sure there are others. I reckon it would take about £4-5m to get Snodgrass. The value of a player is always hard to judge though until they are actually sold.

Yes spot on. I'v beaten chelsea in a cup final with a championship side in my very first season 7-0, I haven't seen anyone else do that, that's why it's such a good achievement :)

So what he has beaten fiorentina/valencia, that counts for nothing if you've not won the trophy.. remember in real life when real madrid were beaten 3-0 by a non-league team, it does happen :rolleyes: I bet the guys out there who reload matches would even struggle to beat this feat, O by which I beat Tottenham,villa and norwich, on the way, hardly an easy run!

You think that beating Fiorentina and Valencia in a competition where you face their best 11 isn't an achievement when you are a newly promoted Romanian team who's average player value is 100k or less and where the squad's combined value is less than one of your star Leeds players?

Premiership clubs pay £6/7m for star players from relegated clubs who have proven themselves in the Premiership (and it's very rare they receive anywhere near that much), not for Championship players who haven't proved themselves at the higher level.

Arsenal payed 15m for chamberlain before he had proved himself in the premier league, you don't know what your talking about.

Ok if I'm wrong I'm wrong by a measly £1m, snodgrass is definatly worth £5/6m and that is what he would go for, without question!

Arsenal payed 15m for chamberlain before he had proved himself in the premier league, you don't know what your talking about.

Ok if I'm wrong I'm wrong by a measly £1m, snodgrass is definatly worth £5/6m and that is what he would go for, without question!

A 17 year old with huge potential is completely different to a player in his mid 20s. Teenagers will always be worth more because they have the potential to become world class rather than just an ok Premiership player which is what a 24 year old offers. That's why I wouldn't classify the Southampton products alongside normal players like Snodgrass.

As a Leeds season ticket holder, I don't think that Snodgrass is that exceptional. He's been awful since Warnock took over. He's worth much less than you say. I'd say £2.5m is much more realistic. I've started to think that he's just an average winger, that excelled under Grayson.

Shane long last summer, Steven Fletcher the year before and Roger Johnson the year before that. That is three transfers in three seasons worth more than £5m from champ to prem without including "potential star" young players. These players are not considerably better (if at all) than Snodgrass.

Source:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/championship/transferrekorde/wettbewerb_GB2_2008.html

Dave kitson, Kevin Doyle and a few others had prem experience with relegated teams so I have not listed them but they have large fees also.

Shane long last summer, Steven Fletcher the year before and Roger Johnson the year before that. That is three transfers in three seasons worth more than £5m from champ to prem without including "potential star" young players. These players are not considerably better (if at all) than Snodgrass.

Source:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/championship/transferrekorde/wettbewerb_GB2_2008.html

Dave kitson, Kevin Doyle and a few others had prem experience with relegated teams so I have not listed them but they have large fees also.

I've given up trying to explain mate, these people obviously know little about football. We could mention Matt mills to Leiceter (£5m) aswel

Snodgrass only worth £2.5m, your having a laugh lambo! He's carried leeds at times this season, but he can't do it all alone...

Source:

Steven Fletcher played for Burnley in the Premiership before moving too Wolves after they were relegated,Shane Long was in the Premiership a few years back with Reading before they were relegated and Johnson played for Birmingham in the Premiership before the were relegated.

So every player you mentioned(including the ones you did not list)all had experience in the Premiership.

Steven Fletcher played for Burnley in the Premiership before moving too Wolves after they were relegated,Shane Long was in the Premiership a few years back with Reading before they were relegated and Johnson played for Birmingham in the Premiership before the were relegated.

So every player you mentioned(including the ones you did not list)all had experience in the Premiership.

My point exactly. Clubs are buying proven Premiership players, not lads in their mid 20s who are unproven at that level. Players in their mid 20s in the Championship may be worth £3-4m, but nobody pays really big money for them.

If you look at Snodgrass what team in the Premiership would pay 7 million for him?

He is never going to be good enough for a top 6 or 7 team,out of the rest of the teams who spends 7 million on a player?Let alone a player that has not done it in the top league.

I reckon he could get in say the Bolton/Wigan/Villa sides but they would only pay around the 2.5 million for him,for 7 million they could improve their team with 2 or 3 players.

He is a good enough player but he is maybe in the right league to be fair.

I've given up trying to explain mate, these people obviously know little about football. We could mention Matt mills to Leiceter (£5m) aswel

Snodgrass only worth £2.5m, your having a laugh lambo! He's carried leeds at times this season, but he can't do it all alone...

Your Leeds tinted glases are wonderful.

£4million for Snodgrass, be it in real life or in Football Manager, would be a great fee.

Your Leeds tinted glases are wonderful.

£4million for Snodgrass, be it in real life or in Football Manager, would be a great fee.

Especially considering Cabaye for Newcastle was under £5M and Real Madrid bought Nuri Sahin for around £6M. Personally I'd say Snodgrass is worth £2M at most.

I had an unbelievable comeback last season on my Leverkusen save. Was 4-0 down away at Hoffenheim at HT so I decided to goal mentel on my team. Changed tactics to an very attacking style and the score ended up......

2012-04-27_00001.jpg

Especially considering Cabaye for Newcastle was under £5M and Real Madrid bought Nuri Sahin for around £6M. Personally I'd say Snodgrass is worth £2M at most.

lol £2m at most?? It really is funny the lack of basic footballing knowledge that most people on the internet are missing. I'm almost wishing leeds sell snodgrass now just to prove you numpties wrong :D..

SNODGRASS TO BUY WOULD COST £5/6M without question and he could prove to be a big hit in the premier league, how in gods earth do you guys know that he wouldn't??? He is tecnically gifted, has great composure, but unfortanatly is a bit slow. Alongside 2 or three others he has been one of the very top performers in the championship this season! At a paultry age of just 24 I think it is (fairly young), doing it at a big club like leeds/aswell as club captain his correct value is £5/6m... £2m in the words of alex ferguson would be a travesty and an absolute steal!

Yes sorry I should of worded that differently as I was replying to a poster who said PROVEN players. I forgot about Fletcher at Burnley to be fair but Johnson initially signed for Birmingham from Cardiff before moving on to Wolves. Shane Long certainly wasn't proven as in 50 PL matches for Reading he managed 5 goals. Thats 1 in 10 and its not like he is a playmaker or target man either. The point is £5m for Snodgrass would be no stranger than the fees for the average players listed above (and many more) imo. If Newcastle can get £35m for Carroll the why is this so unbelievable?

I'm a leicester fan and we spent approx £3.5m on Matt Mills(not £5m unless we are promoted) so Snodgrass seems a snip.:p

The thing about player values is they are set by what a selling team is prepared to sell for and what the buyers are prepared to buy for. I don't see why a prem team wouldn't pay £5m for Snodgrass if they rated him highly in the first place. After all Liverpool spent £55m on Andy Carroll and Jordan Henderson so anything is possible.

lol £2m at most?? It really is funny the lack of basic footballing knowledge that most people on the internet are missing. I'm almost wishing leeds sell snodgrass now just to prove you numpties wrong :D..

SNODGRASS TO BUY WOULD COST £5/6M without question and he could prove to be a big hit in the premier league, how in gods earth do you guys know that he wouldn't??? He is tecnically gifted, has great composure, but unfortanatly is a bit slow. Alongside 2 or three others he has been one of the very top performers in the championship this season! At a paultry age of just 24 I think it is (fairly young), doing it at a big club like leeds/aswell as club captain his correct value is £5/6m... £2m in the words of alex ferguson would be a travesty and an absolute steal!

I'm not doubting that Leeds could weasel 5-6M out of a club for him, but at 24 surely somebody in the Premier League would have taken a punt on him by now if they thought he was good enough. What he is realistically worth and how much he would go for are 2 different things, like value of a player on FM and how much he would actually be sold for. But considering you're saying he could be good in the premier league and the two players that I mentioned both won a league title as key members of the team and you are valuing Snodgrass at the same price as both them players were sold then I don't think it's us who "lack basic footballing knowledge".

So annoying how EVERY thread where someone wants to point something out that they've done turns into a ******* contest. Good job Jed and hopefully you're off to a very enjoyable save...even if it doesn't live up to the way that you're SUPPOSED to play the game according to the forum snobs.

So annoying how EVERY thread where someone wants to point something out that they've done turns into a ******* contest. Good job Joe and hopefully you're off to a very enjoyable save...even if it doesn't live up to the way that you're SUPPOSED to play the game according to the forums.

He's called Jed.

So annoying how EVERY thread where someone wants to point something out that they've done turns into a ******* contest. Good job Jed and hopefully you're off to a very enjoyable save...even if it doesn't live up to the way that you're SUPPOSED to play the game according to the forum snobs.

I like these forums but yeah you can't win sometimes. Complain about something and everyone jumps on you but share a positive experience and, uh well, everyone jumps on you. I don't really care how much any of these players are worth and think it is almost impossible to put an accurate price on a player but I thought the op was a little hard done by with the criticisms. I'd of thought that if people didn't think an achievement was that great they would just post elsewhere. Obviously not.

Shane Long certainly wasn't proven as in 50 PL matches for Reading he managed 5 goals. Thats 1 in 10 and its not like he is a playmaker or target man either.

I actually thought Shane Long played very well for Reading in the Premiership.

He was very highly regarded even during their relegation season and many pundits said that even though Reading were going down Long would not be.

In all honesty if you put Rooney in that Wolves side just how well would he do? ;)

You need a team around you.

Just to add everyone in football knows that Liverpool overpaid/bought badly,it is no secret.

Also those guys can and I think will prove people wrong,they are still young players but will push on(although still bought for too much),if you think a team in the Premiership would pay 5 million for Snodgrass then you are smoking too much of the namesake minus the "Snod".

He is never going to make a top 10 team and the rest find it hard to spend 5 million on what could be a real great player.

I like these forums but yeah you can't win sometimes. Complain about something and everyone jumps on you but share a positive experience and, uh well, everyone jumps on you. I don't really care how much any of these players are worth and think it is almost impossible to put an accurate price on a player but I thought the op was a little hard done by with the criticisms. I'd of thought that if people didn't think an achievement was that great they would just post elsewhere. Obviously not.

I like sharing my achievements - check out the careers forum for my thread! [/shameless advertising]

However, threads like this that are basically just one big boast tend to cheese alot of poeple off, understandably.

Thank you dmac and marty.

Yes, it's funny how I get lynched when all I did was share an incredible result that I don't think anyone themselves have actually achieved in their first season with a championship club. Playing Chelsea In the final I was desperate to win, as like all of you it feels like **** to lose a cup final and to miss out on europe.. I would have taken a sneaky 1-0... but I absolutly trounced this side 7-0 and it could have been more!

I'm tempted now to set-up a competition with all these who critisize my achievments, to see who can do the best leeds save over the course of 3/5years! I will continue with this save ;) or even start fresh just to prove a point.

And they go on about not playing the game fairly/realistically... I can only play the game that's put infront of me, I don't use any special tactics just my own in 'classic mode'.

if you think a team in the Premiership would pay 5 million for Snodgrass then you are smoking too much of the namesake minus the "Snod".

He is never going to make a top 10 team and the rest find it hard to spend 5 million on what could be a real great player.

Thats the thing though just because that would make him overpriced doesn't mean it wouldn't happen. £5m for him would be far from being the most outrageous transfer of recent years. A club like QPR for example could afford him in the summer if Hughes decided he was the right man. Don't get me wrong, I would be very disappointed if my club spent that much on him but you never know with football and thats why we all love it.

I like sharing my achievements - check out the careers forum for my thread! [/shameless advertising]

However, threads like this that are basically just one big boast tend to cheese alot of poeple off, understandably.

I might have a nosey. If a thread cheeses me off I click something else:p

No-one was lynching you.

People were pointing out how easy it was to win the League cup,some thought your team was a bit strange as you had changed the entire line up.

Honestly your save is not all that too be fair.

Many many players win the League cup with a Championship team in their 1st season,it is not all that special.

A 7-0 win is a great result regardless of the team so to do it too Chelsea would on paper be a fantastic result,although because of the AI problems in the League cup it is just as good as any other 7-0 win...a great result.

Also the the League cup has been underplayed by SI.

Also now you are challenging other players to beat your Leeds save is coming across very arrogant,trust me I have played the game for 15 years and although I am normally very successful I know I am well down the pecking order when it comes to tactics and success of other players.

I'm tempted now to set-up a competition with all these who critisize my achievments, to see who can do the best leeds save over the course of 3/5years! I will continue with this save ;) or even start fresh just to prove a point.

I wouldn't worry about it mate. Consider posting in the leeds thread next time to save the hassle. I've never looked in the careers thread and had forgot it was even there to be honest but maybe you could post there if the Leeds thread is quiet. The Leicester one should have a picture of tumbleweed instead of a club badge.:p

Well I don't fecking believe it, just crashed on me half way through second season and this time for proper! :mad:

This is unacceptable, I go a season and a half then boom, lost everything. Thank god I'm getting a new Pc on thursday, hopefully a more powerful computer might stop this happening..

Funny though I had the same problem on 2011 and 2010 but each time the .3 patch always stopped it happening. Can't they just implement it in the 1st patch or something :rolleyes:

In my first season with Leeds just beaten Chelsea in the League Cup Final 7-0! Beat that :p

O and on the way beat Tottenham and Norwich by comfortable score lines and currently top of the league, screenshots to follow if it allows me.

I can indeed beat that! No one believes it, but it was a hotseat game, and my mate watched the drama unravel too, so at least one other person knows it is true! It was a few versions back now, and I was Arsenal. Semi Final of the Champions League and I was picked apart by Barca at home. I lost 7-0 and my Champions League dreams were over.

2nd Leg, Camp Nou, and fearing the worst when the Barca Keeper (Not Valdes, he was injured already) brings down Henry and and I get a pen, they go down to 10 men after 3 minuites or something. 0-1 (still 7-1 down) The Barca 3rd choice Keeper then gets injured and I go on to win 9-0 at the nou camp to move in to the Champions League final 9-7 on aggregate.

I can indeed beat that! No one believes it, but it was a hotseat game, and my mate watched the drama unravel too, so at least one other person knows it is true! It was a few versions back now, and I was Arsenal. Semi Final of the Champions League and I was picked apart by Barca at home. I lost 7-0 and my Champions League dreams were over.

2nd Leg, Camp Nou, and fearing the worst when the Barca Keeper (Not Valdes, he was injured already) brings down Henry and and I get a pen, they go down to 10 men after 3 minuites or something. 0-1 (still 7-1 down) The Barca 3rd choice Keeper then gets injured and I go on to win 9-0 at the nou camp to move in to the Champions League final 9-7 on aggregate.

That's a belter of a result mate :thup: But extreeeeeeeeeeemly lucky!!

O and when I'm about to play a huge match I always look to see if any of there key players are injured, especialy there goalkeepers. But rarely will you find a team about to play you who has a goalkeeping crisis..

And no it doesn't beat my score :p, mine was in a cup final with a lower league teame, the difference between my club and chelsea was far bigger than the difference between Arsenal and Baraca (not to mention the fact you had taken over arsenal they would have been probably far better than an AI arsenal)

Well I don't fecking believe it, just crashed on me half way through second season and this time for proper! :mad:

This is unacceptable, I go a season and a half then boom, lost everything. Thank god I'm getting a new Pc on thursday, hopefully a more powerful computer might stop this happening..

Funny though I had the same problem on 2011 and 2010 but each time the .3 patch always stopped it happening. Can't they just implement it in the 1st patch or something :rolleyes:

Your fault. Back up your save in future.

In my first season with Leeds just beaten Chelsea in the League Cup Final 7-0! Beat that :p

O and on the way beat Tottenham and Norwich by comfortable score lines and currently top of the league, screenshots to follow if it allows me.

Mr Bates will not like that....

Your fault. Back up your save in future.

I used to save the game like every 2 weeks icase of a crash, but what if the crash happens a week after saving, or a couple of games after.. For me I just couldn't carry on as everything will then be different to what actuall happened, the butterfly effect if you like. Is there a way to back up your save so if theres a crash it returns you to that exact point?

In a bit of shock reading this thread this morning.....

It's a great result Jed' date=' don't let the majority of FM snobs take the feeling away from you. You came to the right place to share your exploits and the very least you deserve is a 'well done'

Well done :)[/quote']

Cheers mate, it's funny how you here all these knocking it but have they ever won a cup final 7-0? I don't think so ;) Nor have they done it with a lower league side in their first season :)

I think these people knocking it just don't like the fact that someones doing a little better than themselves, that's why they have to belittle it or make exuses for why it isn't quite that :rolleyes: . But I didn't make this thread to advertise myself, only to share an incredible result that's all.

Cheers mate, it's funny how you here all these knocking it but have they ever won a cup final 7-0? I don't think so ;) Nor have they done it with a lower league side in their first season :)

I think these people knocking it just don't like the fact that someones doing a little better than themselves, that's why they have to belittle it or make exuses for why it isn't quite that :rolleyes: . But I didn't make this thread to advertise myself, only to share an incredible result that's all.

Yeh good on you mate. It's a great result, and if you want to clear out the Leeds squad and get all new players that's your decision. People can play the game how they want. Beating a Top 4 side in the CC final with a 2nd tier club is impressive however you look at it, enjoy it and don't let the people knocking you get you down :)

And yes, I won the league the same season I won the FA Cup - Notts County ran me extremely close though!

And no it doesn't beat my score :p, mine was in a cup final with a lower league teame, the difference between my club and chelsea was far bigger than the difference between Arsenal and Baraca (not to mention the fact you had taken over arsenal they would have been probably far better than an AI arsenal)

Cocky little ****, aren't you.

tomtuck01 - don't be so frickin' harsh!

Where'd all the good people go :confused:

Harsh? Don't be so precious' date=' I'm just been realistic.

You still don't get it do you? People are having a go because this thread is just about you having a boast, to claim it is anything else is utter nonsense. The smugness from you in this thread of yours is truly sickening, so it is no wonder people are queing up to have a pop at you.

You had an extremely good result, fair play. But if you can't understand why people initially questioned it, then you are seriously thick.

And yes, some of us are doing better than you actually.

Harsh? Don't be so precious, I'm just been realistic.

You still don't get it do you? People are having a go because this thread is just about you having a boast, to claim it is anything else is utter nonsense. The smugness from you in this thread of yours is truly sickening, so it is no wonder people are queing up to have a pop at you.

You had an extremely good result, fair play. But if you can't understand why people initially questioned it, then you are seriously thick.

And yes, some of us are doing better than you actually.

You can degrade the OP all you like, but the fact of the matter is simple - This lad beat Chelsea, as Leeds, in his first season, in a Cup final, by seven goals to nil. Pleasantly shocked at the result, he came onto the forum to share this with the FM community, because Joe Bloggs on his street isn't going to care - only FM'ers will care. Or apparently not..... :rolleyes:

He wasn't looking for people to bow down to him - just to smile at another good-story thread, that's all! The first thing I do when I get something brilliant (or devastating) on FM is tell me girlfriend who's probably pottering about the house somewhere. 9 times out of 10 she'll feign interest and go back to what she was doing - so I'll post my story on here, in the FM community, because people can relate, and listen.

You can't take that away from anyone dude.

Ps. sorry for fighting your battle Jed i know you're more than capable but this sort of nonsense really winds me up :D

Looking at that transfers screenshot I'd suggest that you basically took over every Championship side and then loaned all your players for money, then presumably quit those teams. Getting close to £10 million in loan fees from 12 different Championship clubs doesn't look particularly realistic... You are also going to be in a lot of financial trouble when all those players come back from loan and you've got enough players to field 5 seperate teams.

So if anyone claims to have a better result, you will just say yours is better? I don't think that's for you to decide.

If there was a vote, I'd go for the Arsenal's 9-0 win at the Nou Camp that CRW15 posted.

Your carling cup win was a great result, well done, but I've had plenty of results that I am more proud of, too many to post here. At the end of the day it's your game and you should be pleased, but don't expect everybody to bow down thinking you are an FM God.

Archived