[TM] Chairman Super League Game Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going well for Fulham, very dependant on Suarez and Dempsey though, 25 goals between them!

Messi, Adebayor and Ganso all out injured, must be some unhappy chairmen out there :p

A lack of goals at Newcastle coupled with the managers lack of spending despite a big budget avaliable has left us in this poor position. Whats the point in making cash avaliable if its not going to be used!! :mad:

TM why have i payed 6 million for lunin when he was only suppose to be 1.5 Million ??

i also signed dino susak as well but he is not at my club he only came in on loan, thats all that is wrong with my team (universidad de chile) chief

TM, the youth player Salvador is again on £135k p/w at Fulham.

I believe this and other issues with wages are arising because of the 'match highest earner' clause sneaking in to some contracts, hope this helps.

Everything looks good on River except for my new manager. Wages look good (though we are 10M in debt). Meh.

£10mil debt isn't a lot really, that should evaporate quickly enough.

Napoli: Douglas Costa needs to come back from Spurs, otherwise fine. Thanks TM :)

I will sort that out for you, don't know how I missed it though.

A lack of goals at Newcastle coupled with the managers lack of spending despite a big budget avaliable has left us in this poor position. Whats the point in making cash avaliable if its not going to be used!! :mad:

I say sack your manager and find a trigger happy one lol.

YAS only 6points behind top spot, could end up being a close one again!

Also Peiters & Benitez still seem to be on 240k :s and my transfer budget should be 0 other than that its all good at PSV :]

Jpr has informed me that it's probably due to the Match Highest Earner clause, so I will remove that and compensate you for 4 weeks wages on each player.

TM why have i payed 6 million for lunin when he was only suppose to be 1.5 Million ??

i also signed dino susak as well but he is not at my club he only came in on loan, thats all that is wrong with my team (universidad de chile) chief

There are a few bugs with the transfer system I use, it just means that you need to keep an eye on your transfer fees and wages for players, but I do try find them myself. I'll compensate you the money back that you lost.

TM, the youth player Salvador is again on £135k p/w at Fulham.

I believe this and other issues with wages are arising because of the 'match highest earner' clause sneaking in to some contracts, hope this helps.

Very good point, I would have never guessed that! I'll have to check that in future as it would explain some other issues.

Dont suppose I can be cheeky and ask someone to check my HSV sqaud for any problems with wages, its not possible for me to play FM atm.

Cheers in advance if anyone has the time :D

I've checked your team already before I released the update, but I will double check for you.

Active Player List - This list is compiled from the period between the Decemeber Update and the End Of The Season. As long as your on the list at the end of the season, you have no need to worry.

People who stay...

Ntfbolton1972

NathWalker

Toonbalmy87

B101

TWFL

Animosama

AndyEs

Yakutz

Jpr

18Rabbit

Ri916

Spurs + Eastbourne 4eva

Glennuk

Kris0710
[/Code]

200px-Bernd_Schuster_%282007%29.JPG

Bernd Schuster

Newcastle United's New Manager

The 53 year old German has stepped into the hot seat with Newcastle sitting just 3 points above the bottom spot.

A man whose managerial career started in 1997 although he has been out of work since March 2011.

His 21 year playing career has seen him win the European Championships with Germany, European Cup win Barcelona and 3 La Liga titles (2 of which with Real Madrid).

5 more Spanish Cups followed with Barca, Real and Ath Madrid.

On the managerial front he has had less success but a La Liga title with Real Madrid and Copa Del Ray win with Getafe the main highlights.

After leaving Besiktas he was accused by the media of 'trying to implement a reckless attacking style of play' which is something Newcastle fans loved in the late 90's.

Al-Sadd.png

Al-Sadd Announce Corporate Increase

The Al-Sadd chairman has today announced that the Corporate Facilities have been under par with the recent increase in popularity. He has therefore put £4,000,000 into a project to bring state of the art Corporate Facilities to Al-Sadd football club. He has also announced his intentions to further increase spending on facilities before the end of the season.

Season 2: February Update (7th - 31st)

Campionato Super League

League Table: Things are hotting up this month at the top of the table after Al-Sadd picked up just 1 point out of 3 games and their competition in the form of Olympiakos, FC Twente and PSV crept forward slightly, although they did fail the take full advantage at times. Bologna have dropped out of the top 4 and reside in 8th, whilst Napoli have continued their surge and are currently in 6th! Leeds United continue to fall slowly but surely, whilst Basel have been absolutely on fire this month! At the bottom of the table River have climbed out of last place on goal difference, leaving Newcastle United dead last! River will be soaking in the glory after thier famous 3 - 0 victory over league leaders Al-Sadd!

League Team Stats

In-Form Team: Napoli are currently the in form team with a brilliant month where they didn't lose a game, including their victory over Al-Sadd. If they continue in this manner, they could be finally challenging for the title!

Goals For: Olympiakos lead with 58 goals, with Universidad in 2nd on 53 goals. Olympiakos are currently second in the league and seem to be the most exciting team around with their attacking football.

Goals Conceded: FC Twente in 1st, with Anji in 2nd. Both have conceded just 32 goals this season, although Anji need to start scoring more themselves if they are to challenge for the title, currently in 7th place. Al-Sadd have dropped right down to 6th in the Goals Conceded table after a horrific month in the league.

League Player Stats

Average Rating: Lionel Messi was back in the final game of this month and picked up an 8.0 rating in that game, despite the overall performance at Leeds being close to horrific. Messi is currently on an 8.14 rating.

Goals Scored: Clint Dempsey and Luis Suarez are on fire for Fulham, which the club will be delighted with, both on 14 goals and picking up 1st and 2nd spot respectively.

Assists Made: Marvin Martin is the man of the moment, just like previous months and doesn't look like he will be letting go of this one if he can stay injury free!

Europa League Action

1st Knockout Round Results

Al-Sadd: They were put up against a fantastically strong PSG side, but picked up a 4 - 2 victory at home which definately went down well with the fans. Seydou Doumbia had made his return to action and picked up 2 goals, with Simone Pepe and Aleandro Rosi picking up the other 2 goals. In the second leg, PSG managed a 1 - 0 victory, which put Al-Sadd through to the next round 4 - 3 on aggregate!

PSV: Amazing performance against Roma who they were predicted to have a tough couple of games against. A 4 - 0 victory in the first leg at home with Christian Benitez picking up a brace, Marvin Martin and Sergio Aguero picking up the other 2 goals. It was a day to forget for Roma and they had it all to do in the second leg, but it all proved too much and PSV ran out winners again with a 3 - 2 victory! Sergio Aguero picked up a brace and Hulk scored to finish off the night. They walk their way into the second round with a more than comfortable 7 - 2 aggregate victory!

Second Knockout Round Fixtures: Massive news as PSV are paired up against Al-Sadd, which means that one of our Sammarinese teams will be in the Quarter Final for definate!

Game File Upload

Game File: As always, please check through your teams to make sure there are no errors and that i've fixed the errors you previously reported.

Well, hopefully the new management at River will help turn this fail train around.

EDIT: Well crap, I just noticed that Frank Rijkaard is still the manager at River instead of Louis van Gaal.

I'll sort that for you this month, I don't know how I missed it sorry.

By the way guys, I should have another update tonight.

We have the 2 top scorers, have conceded the 7th fewest goals but find ourselves in 10th?

Fulham should be doing a lot better, we really do need a playmaker though, Stephen Kelly is leading our assists chart, with a whopping total of 5!

Howedes also has the top earner clause TM if that could be fixed?

Also, is anyone else reporting no attendances for cup games? Could be a problem there.

Season 2 - March Update (1st Feb - 1st Mar)

Campionato Super League

League Table: Al-Sadd picked up some dominance this month with several decent results and have 1 game in hand, whilst they are 2 points clear of Napoli in 2nd place. Napoli have obviously continued to dominate and as predicted are now in the top 4, but can they continue to push and go for the title? Fulham are on continued improvement also, with Dempsey and Suarez terrorizing defences, they now lay in 5th place! Gladbach have made some major improvements this month with some brilliant performances. If you had asked last month if Gladbach would be in 16th, you would have probably laughed. Newcastle United have also made some major improvement since their change in manager with 2 wins and 3 draws this month, including a draw over the ever improving Napoli! River Plate are unfortunately back in 22nd place due to the improvement from the teams in the lower half of the table.

League Team Stats

In Form Team: Napoli are the in form team this month and their continued improvement has taken them into 2nd place! If Al-Sadd had continued their performances form last month, they would have been in serious trouble!

Goals For: Olympiakos are the goalscoring sensations with a massive 66 goals. They will need to improve their defence if they are to keep up with the pack however.

Goals Conceded: It appears Napoli's defensive capabilities are the reason behind their amazing performances in previous months, lets hope they can continue this way.

League Player Stats

Average Rating: Lionel Messi has had several more brilliant performances this month, but it appears that he can do nothing to stop Leeds United's decline.

Goals Scored: Luis Suarez has now scored 16 goals this season to stay clear of the rest, 1 more goal than striking partner Clint Dempsey.

Assists Made: Marvin Martin is still the top creative player, but has not budged this month from the 15 he already had.

Coppa Titano

Results & Fixtures

Bologna have made it through to the Final for the second year running with an amazing 4 - 3 aggregate victory over Universidad De Chile. Here were the results...

Bologna 3 - 3 Universidad (Di Vaio, Urbano & Stankovic)

Universidad 0 - 1 Bologna (Stankovic)

Gladbach also made it through to the final this year with a 4 - 3 aggregate victory over Anji, which some would never have predicted! This competition is full of suprises! Here were the results...

Gladbach 3 - 2 Anji (Thiago & Lewandowski x2)

Anji 1 - 1 Gladbach (Dentinho)

The Final will see last years finalists Bologna take a second crack at the cup competition against Gladbach. Gladbach made it to the quarter finals last season before eventually being dumped out by winners 'Al-Sadd'. Bologna will be hoping it will be second time lucky, but Gladbach have come into some very good form recently in the league and will fancy their chances when the time comes.

Europa League Action

Fixtures & Results

The Big Showdown - PSV have been paired with Al-Sadd in this Europa League Second Round showdown and what ever happens here, we will definately see a Sammarinese team in the Quarter Finals! Here is how it all panned out...

PSV 3 - 2 Al-Sadd (Hulk & Sergio Aguero x2) (Seydou Doumbia & Libor Kozak)

An amazing outcome for PSV as the combined power of Aguero and Hulk proved to be too much for the Al-Sadd outfit. Rafinha booked himself an early bath in this engrossing encounter in the 52nd minute after a disgracefull foul. PSV were just about the better team with slightly more shots and slightly better possession, but on another day, this could have gone either way.

Al-Sadd 3 - 1 PSV (Seydou Doumbia & Aleandro Rosi x2) (Christian Benitez)

Al-Sadd have pulled this one out of the bag with an above expectations performance! The versatile player 'Aleandro Rosi' who usually plies his trade either in right back or left back put in the best performance of his career at Al-Sadd to silence the PSV fans and put them to the sword. The performance overall from Al-Sadd outweighed anything PSV could throw at them and fully deserved the victory. This was the 3rd meeting in succession for the 2 teams as they also met in the league previous to this match, with that ending 3 - 3.

Game File Upload

Game File: Please check I have corrected all errors, thanks.

Bugga!!!!! hm new goalkeeper for me methinks sitting 9th and with alot of team only just above me come on Universidad. can i sing my manager to a new contract :D tghe guy is pulling of miracles :D

The managers aren't under contracts as far as I can tell, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Active List

If you are not on this list yet, then you need to start worrying as we near the end of the season. If your not on this list at the end of the season and fail to post when given the chance, then you will be removed from the game. Here is the current active list...

Ntfbolton1972

NathWalker

Toonbalmy87

B101

TWFL

Animosama

AndyEs

Yakutz

Jpr

18Rabbit

Ri916

Spurs + Eastbourne 4eva

Glennuk

Kris0710

Babaginoosh

Napoli - Everything fine on mine bar wages: Douglas Costa should be back on £16k rather than £36k - I assume this is because he moved club and that is what they would have paid him.

Otherwise all good, so glad we've started winning or else I'd have had to start to sell people. Here's hoping for Champions League, if not the title :)

Once again Fulham get no good youths through their youth intake? :(

really regretting maxing out youth facilities and recruitment, 2 bad intakes in a row.

In better news, Fulham had a near perfect month, losing 1 game and winning 4. That 2-1 loss to Napoli could prove to be important though.

Nice to see we're still scoring for fun as well!

Our last 8 games see us come up against, 15th, 10th, 21st, 3rd, 20th, 19th, 1st & 8th.

anything could happen!

Archived