Mr Hough FM12.2 Tactics.

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/5262/tacticd.jpg

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5514/resultsd.jpg

I didnt have no luck what so ever with Mr Houghs latest tactic, i thought i would try what Hough said he was looking at in thread #550 at trying 4-1-2-1-2, as you can see it's working, it's early days yet but i will keep going and see what happens.

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/5262/tacticd.jpg

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5514/resultsd.jpg

I didnt have no luck what so ever with Mr Houghs latest tactic, i thought i would try what Hough said he was looking at in thread #550 at trying 4-1-2-1-2, as you can see it's working, it's early days yet but i will keep going and see what happens.

With Man City? OK

The 41122 tactic is ideal for home game, but I switch to the 41221 for away against the bigger sides.

I've been undefeated at home with the 41122 as Liverpool, it's a great attacking tactic.

Hello, just have to ask you a little more specific. Against ALL home teams you use the 4-1-1-2-2? Do you use it against bad clubs away aswell? And the 4-1-2-2-1 only against strong top 4 teams away? is this correct? :)

What season are you in?

The 41122 tactic is ideal for home game, but I switch to the 41221 for away against the bigger sides.

I've been undefeated at home with the 41122 as Liverpool, it's a great attacking tactic.

I have been doing this and it is brilliant.

I won the Champions with Montepellier in 2 season with this changes.

Second in the league, but i start doing this change betwenn 41221 and 41121 in the 10 final games of the league.

I was 4 and go to 2. In the next season i will do that again.

Try people. Remember that the wingers need to have pace, a lot of pace.

(google translator)

hi,

congratulations for your tactic, it works fine.

I often use teams like newcastle or everton average ranking and I have questions for you:

1) away to manchester utd for example, the city or the tactic does not work well, also lost 4-0 5-0, too, what could we change?

the mentality of the team? from normal offensive or defensive? you against the big way you behave?

2) when, for example, took the lead against a strong team you can always change something not to continue to attack but to defend themselves a bit more to it might give you goals and equalize.

75-80 minutes as the mindsets would become normal or defensive.

What do you think?

Thank you for the responses, a greeting,

by

Update on my season with the original tactic in the OP. I am Sheffield United and I started poorly but then went on a run of 9 straight wins then lost 3 then won 4 on the bounce again. So I am still delighted with the tactic as I was predicted to be relegated, the tactic just neeeds pace all over the pitch

What i have been doing over the past few days is taking my 4-1-2-2-1 Cena wins tactic and using that compeltly as a base, Moving the players positions around so it becomes say and 4-1-2-1-2 or a 4-3-1-2. Just seeing how effective the tactic is in different formations.

The effectiveness goes down massivly when you change the formation on the 4-1-2-2-1 tactic.

MR Hough, please, can you upload this 4312 tactic ? or 41212? or send to me. Thank you sir

MR Hough, please, can you upload this 4312 tactic ? or 41212? or send to me. Thank you sir

The point i was trying to make is that when you move the players out of the 4-1-2-2-1 formation that effectiveness of the tactic just goes down.

Not that i had other tactics.

(google translator)

hi,

congratulations for your tactic, it works fine.

I often use teams like newcastle or everton average ranking and I have questions for you:

1) away to manchester utd for example, the city or the tactic does not work well, also lost 4-0 5-0, too, what could we change?

the mentality of the team? from normal offensive or defensive? you against the big way you behave?

2) when, for example, took the lead against a strong team you can always change something not to continue to attack but to defend themselves a bit more to it might give you goals and equalize.

75-80 minutes as the mindsets would become normal or defensive.

What do you think?

Thank you for the responses, a greeting,

by

hough you give me your opinion?

hough you give me your opinion?

when playing away against a bigger team you could drop the AML and AMR down into the ML and MR position, That will stop the fullbacks getting overloaded.

You could also try useing the 4-1-1-2-2 tactic with the wingers in the ML and MR position see if that helps.

Have tried this tactic with 10 games and my record is W5 D4 L1 - i seem to have drawn a lot more than usual as I was using the Cena V Rock, Cena Wins tactic. F - 31, A - 14

Should I keep going with it or go back to the Cena tactic?

wich training program do you use Mr hough for your own tactics? Is it an own made, or others work? If you have a download link please

add it here :)

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279751-Training-The-Furious-Way If used properly this is incredible, my youth players have shot up, my veterans guaranteed attribute decrease has slowed, and my 1st teamers have gained attributes for their right position etc. I'd give it a whirl :thup:

Been using the 4-1-2-2-1 all season now with Arsenal, got totally outplayed in both domestic cups by Man Utd, and although i'm 2nd in the league, I also lost 6-2 away at Milan in the first knockout round of the CL. I'm the highest scorers in the league, but I can't keep them out, thoughts Mr Hough?

Been using the 4-1-2-2-1 all season now with Arsenal, got totally outplayed in both domestic cups by Man Utd, and although i'm 2nd in the league, I also lost 6-2 away at Milan in the first knockout round of the CL. I'm the highest scorers in the league, but I can't keep them out, thoughts Mr Hough?

Did you change the Central Defenders and Central midfielders from Man marking to Zonal Marking? I know it worked for me.

Thank Mr. Hough. I've been using the older version of this tactic down in the BS South (England) and have had great success. Sometimes the players don't perform correctly, but that's because of the quality of the players, and my own failure in putting the right players in the positions. I use your tactics, but I also use Mr. Heath's lower league guide from 2011, although recently I have been neglecting the process.

I have found that if you do not have a real DM in the DM position (with the old tactic, not the new version) that your observation is very apparent. I had two players I was putting into that position, and the real DM was superb, but the other guy who had DM as a third position, was not up to speed for the position.

All in all though, the lower leagues can perform very well to your tactics. I just started anew, unemployed Sunday league rep. Got hired with Havant and W (forget the rest sorry!), won my first game against Lewes in the 3rd qualifying round in the FA Trophy 3-0. Was superb play by players who have only had 2 days training with the tactic.

To my question (sorry for the wall of text), the preparation you state is set to average defensive positioning. What would happen if I set it to high, or very high? Would it have adverse affects on the players fitness, say would I see more and more injuries or players needing rested and the like? I'll leave it at average for now, because the season has gone 13 games before I took over the team.

Just finished first half of my first season with Copenhagen using the newest tactic.

As can be seen I have won all 20 league games, domestic cup games, as well as finished top of a champions league group of death containing Arsenal, Dortmund and Valencia. Unbeaten, and beating both Arsenal and Valencia 6-1 at home.

Likely the best results I have ever had in any version of FM the first half season.

Incredible!

fixtures.th.jpg

championsleagueu.th.jpg

superligae.th.jpg

Thank Mr. Hough. I've been using the older version of this tactic down in the BS South (England) and have had great success. Sometimes the players don't perform correctly, but that's because of the quality of the players, and my own failure in putting the right players in the positions. I use your tactics, but I also use Mr. Heath's lower league guide from 2011, although recently I have been neglecting the process.

I have found that if you do not have a real DM in the DM position (with the old tactic, not the new version) that your observation is very apparent. I had two players I was putting into that position, and the real DM was superb, but the other guy who had DM as a third position, was not up to speed for the position.

All in all though, the lower leagues can perform very well to your tactics. I just started anew, unemployed Sunday league rep. Got hired with Havant and W (forget the rest sorry!), won my first game against Lewes in the 3rd qualifying round in the FA Trophy 3-0. Was superb play by players who have only had 2 days training with the tactic.

To my question (sorry for the wall of text), the preparation you state is set to average defensive positioning. What would happen if I set it to high, or very high? Would it have adverse affects on the players fitness, say would I see more and more injuries or players needing rested and the like? I'll leave it at average for now, because the season has gone 13 games before I took over the team.

I'm not sure to be honest what the difference is between average high or very high. It could be a number of things like the intensity of the picked training or it could mean because it's very high or high the team train more on that rather than on the weekly training with the coaches.

In all honesty though i don't know.

I'm working on a more defensive option of the tactic.

This patch is one of the hardest i have seen to get a balance in defence, Midfield and attack. I'm sure i'll get it in the end though.

I'm working on a more defensive option of the tactic.

This patch is one of the hardest i have seen to get a balance in defence, Midfield and attack. I'm sure i'll get it in the end though.

The 4-1-2-2-1 has a lot of potential. I used with AS Saint Etienne; who are a goodish team for the French League. I also took of the corner 'exploit' as I find it really unrealistic!

It didn't quite click for me for 3 reasons:

1) The High Line gets exploited for the majority of the goals. I know the high line helps with the attacking side of it; but fast defenders are hard to come by and most teams have a fast striker who exploit it. It's quite 'petty' I know but perhaps accommodating a lower line by about 2 clicks may be the better way to go.

2) When the opposition get the ball and run down the line to cross it; they always seem to have a man unmarked at the far post. This is normally for a counter attack from them; but this seems to be a recurring problem.

3) When in attack the amount of forward means that the team struggle to keep possession. They are however strong on the counter attack; but the general play is quite poor, resulting is about 45% possession per match in general.

CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK :D

The 4-1-2-2-1 has a lot of potential. I used with AS Saint Etienne; who are a goodish team for the French League. I also took of the corner 'exploit' as I find it really unrealistic!

It didn't quite click for me for 3 reasons:

1) The High Line gets exploited for the majority of the goals. I know the high line helps with the attacking side of it; but fast defenders are hard to come by and most teams have a fast striker who exploit it. It's quite 'petty' I know but perhaps accommodating a lower line by about 2 clicks may be the better way to go.

2) When the opposition get the ball and run down the line to cross it; they always seem to have a man unmarked at the far post. This is normally for a counter attack from them; but this seems to be a recurring problem.

3) When in attack the amount of forward means that the team struggle to keep possession. They are however strong on the counter attack; but the general play is quite poor, resulting is about 45% possession per match in general.

CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK :D

I appreciate the Feedback.

I have a Fantastic Base of tactic which i am just perfecting at the moment, I'll upload Screens later today.

Looking forward to it Mr Hough. Have you managed to make the defense better mate?

Steve

I'll send it you via PM, Yeah the defence is working great and also just been looking at my Shot to Goal Ratio in my past 3 games, Still playing Friendlys as tottenham but check this out.

I beat Leyton Oriant 9-0 I had 11 Shots on target and Created 7 CCC's

I beat Fioretina 7-0 I had 7 Shots on Target and Created 5 CCC's

I have just Beat Chievo 8-0 and had 9 Shots on Target and Created 4 CCC's

So the goals are in my favor thats for Sure.

I'll send it you via PM, Yeah the defence is working great and also just been looking at my Shot to Goal Ratio in my past 3 games, Still playing Friendlys as tottenham but check this out.

I beat Leyton Oriant 9-0 I had 11 Shots on target and Created 7 CCC's

I beat Fioretina 7-0 I had 7 Shots on Target and Created 5 CCC's

I have just Beat Chievo 8-0 and had 9 Shots on Target and Created 4 CCC's

So the goals are in my favor thats for Sure.

Good job mate with your tactic!

If you want I could test it for you!

Had a lot of success with the 4123 with my defense tweaks and then I made my first tactic based on your instructions--which after a lot of tweaking is going really well with people winning the league with bolton and norwich.

So yes,I could test it and probably give you some good feedback.

Looks promising.

I've tried to get a 4-4-2 wide diamond to work and am finding all sorts of issues. Really would like to utilise an AMC and/or two strikers. But finding it hard to look good upfront and strong in defence. Like many of us I expect!

Good luck with the new tactic.

Looking forward to the new version... Which training schedule are you guys using, it seems to me that the players get really tired during the second half, I'm playing with valencia, with players like Sandro, Javi Martinez and David Alaba and they all get very tired. Any advice?

Looking forward to the new version... Which training schedule are you guys using, it seems to me that the players get really tired during the second half, I'm playing with valencia, with players like Sandro, Javi Martinez and David Alaba and they all get very tired. Any advice?

I got an advice to try this: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279751-Training-The-Furious-Way

Works very well for me :)