SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good to see your doing better in South America than me! Yet to get a tactic to work consistantly yet :(

What is your tactic currently?

Just need to do better in the Clausura this time. ;)

Haha. Time will tell with that one.

Congratulations on the Sudamericana dude. :)

Cheers fella :thup:.

Tried a 451/4231 but width doesn't seem to work to well in Brazil with all the 422 formations etc

I suppose it depends on your players. If you havent got any decent wingers then I would go narrow, but if you do then use width. I always find a 4-2-3-1 formation works.

Good job with the Sudamericana :) Galvan is pretty impressive I must say

Cheers dude. You are right, Galvan is fantastic. Its hard to believe he started my first season as a back-up.

Nice job on the Copa Sudamericana! :) Nice to taste continental silverware.

Cheers fella :).

Two continental trophies won in Argentina already.

Is there a supercup in brazil if there is who you going to play if you wi the libertos
That doesn't make sense?! :confused:

I echo Tom's comment. I dont understand what you are asking.

Cheers fella :).

Two continental trophies won in Argentina already.

I echo Tom's comment. I dont understand what you are asking.

I think buzz2k7 just needs some punctuation for the question to make sense. I think he's asking: Is there a Supercup (something like a Charity Shield or the European Supercup) in Brazil? If there is, and you win the Libertadores, who would be your opponent in the Supercup?

I think buzz2k7 just needs some punctuation for the question to make sense. I think he's asking: Is there a Supercup (something like a Charity Shield or the European Supercup) in Brazil? If there is, and you win the Libertadores, who would be your opponent in the Supercup?

I might be in my second season in Argentina, but I havent got a clue how this continent works yet :D. I am just taking it as it comes, and as I play in a competition, thats how I learn whats going on :brock:.

190px-Boca_Juniors_logo.png

SRL88's Career - December 2033 - Boca Juniors

Apertura

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-22.png

ArgentinePremierDivisionOverview_Stages-15.png

Sadly our fantastic run of form came to an end at the complete wrong time. We started December with a very nice 4-0 win at home to Rosario, but that was the start of an extremely congested fixture list which the Argentine FA conjured up for us as we began to run on those cheap 30p batteries that you get from the shops. God we were exhausted byt he end of the run (more on that in a bit). Anyway, the game against Colon was the game which effectively handed the title to All Boys as we just couldnt get the job done. We rounded off the Apertura with a disappointing defeat away to Arsenal.

Copa Argentina 5th Round

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-3-3.png

A fantastic performance and a brilliant result against Colon. The win set up a 6th Round tie against Second Division side San Martin (T).

December 2033 - Continued

Copa Sudamericana Final 2nd Leg

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-2-10.png

A very good performance resulted in a comfortable win to see us win the Sudamericana to cap off what was a brilliant tournament for us.

World Club Championship Semi-Final and Final

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-4-4.png

What a truely fantastic achievement for us. Despite our utter dominance in the Semi-Final, we had to rely on a last minute goal in extra time to set up the expected Final against Real Madrid. In the Final I got my tactics completely spot on. I allowed Real to have all the possession they wanted and sat deep to frustrate the living daylight out of them. We scored very early on in the game which allowed us to have something to defend and despite all their pressure they just couldnt break down our solid defence. The second half was pretty much exactly the same as the first. We let Real have all the possession in the world but we grabbed a second goal to make the result a little more comfortable. Real's pressure resulted in nothing for them as we grabbed a brilliant 2-0 win and claim the clubs first ever World Club Championship.

I suppose it depends on your players. If you havent got any decent wingers then I would go narrow, but if you do then use width. I always find a 4-2-3-1 formation works.

Tbh the team is decent in both areas even before signings (I'm Guarani in 2nd Division) but I found the 4-2-3-1 not defensively sound and a lot of goals were conceded through attacks down the middle where teams would pass around in front of back 4 before splitting them with a killer ball. Doesnt help im in a middle of a season and brazilian teams are not used to playing with width so takes a long time for the formation to become competent let alone fluid. Might just stick with a narrow formation until end of season and then use the pre-season to bed in a 4231 when the players are used to it.

Excellent job winning the Club World Cup - I know from my time at Santos how difficult that one is!

Cheers Snake. I have to say that the win over Real is one of the most satisfying wins I have ever had.

Tbh the team is decent in both areas even before signings (I'm Guarani in 2nd Division) but I found the 4-2-3-1 not defensively sound and a lot of goals were conceded through attacks down the middle where teams would pass around in front of back 4 before splitting them with a killer ball. Doesnt help im in a middle of a season and brazilian teams are not used to playing with width so takes a long time for the formation to become competent let alone fluid. Might just stick with a narrow formation until end of season and then use the pre-season to bed in a 4231 when the players are used to it.

Yeah that is the problem I had in my first two games in charge of Brazil. That is why I went to a narrow formation and it suits them well.

Yeah that is the problem I had in my first two games in charge of Brazil. That is why I went to a narrow formation and it suits them well.

Yeah i think I will go for a narrow formation with either 1 or 2 strikers yet to decide. I see the 4231 works in Argentina hopefully I will get move there or Europe soon, not enjoying my stint in Brazil :(

Is there a supercup in brazil if there is who you going to play if you wi the libertos

I understand this now. I have just got a message up about a match in the Recopa which is played between the winners of the Libertadores and the Sudamericana. Because I won both competitions I will face the side I beat in the Libertadores.

Yeah i think I will go for a narrow formation with either 1 or 2 strikers yet to decide. I see the 4231 works in Argentina hopefully I will get move there or Europe soon, not enjoying my stint in Brazil :(

Just stick to it matey and you will get into it. I was a little apprehensive at first as to whether I would get into the save or not but you soon do.

Brilliant victory over Real Madrid in the Club World Cup final,what a way to finish the calender year :D

Cheers fella :thup:. As I said it was one of the most enjoyable wins of my career.

190px-Boca_Juniors_logo.png

SRL88's Career - Mid-Season - 2033/34 - Boca Juniors

Friendlies

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-23.png

Not the best of results, but we had a hard month prior to this and we did come home with the World Club Championship so I cant complain about a couple of defeats in friendlies. At least the lads kept up their match fitness.

No signings during the mid-season break but there was one departure, all be it on loan, but our number one last season wanted first team football and I couldnt give him it so I allowed him to leave.

Awesome performance in the Club World Cup. :thup:

And in the Apertura it looks like All Boys simply win by smashing loads of goals in - their tally is crazy!

I thought whether there was a Super Cup between the Libertadores and Sudamericane winners, but didn't quite follow what buzz2k7 was getting at with the Brazil thing. Sounded more like he expected a Super Cup between the Brazilian League winners and the Argentine League winners, hence my confusion.

All Boys scoring loads of goals there. Absolutely brilliant beating Real Madrid, I think that has to be the most impressive win of your career so far.

On a side note, have any ex-players gone on to be good managers?

Awesome performance in the Club World Cup. :thup:

And in the Apertura it looks like All Boys simply win by smashing loads of goals in - their tally is crazy!

I thought whether there was a Super Cup between the Libertadores and Sudamericane winners, but didn't quite follow what buzz2k7 was getting at with the Brazil thing. Sounded more like he expected a Super Cup between the Brazilian League winners and the Argentine League winners, hence my confusion.

Cheers Tom :thup:.

I have to say that All Boys were absolutely insane. I was never going to beat them on goal difference, which is why when we drew with Colon I knew our chance was over.

I didnt understand Buzz' post at first but when I got the message through I clicked. Its weird that it isnt played until the start of next season though.

All Boys scoring loads of goals there. Absolutely brilliant beating Real Madrid, I think that has to be the most impressive win of your career so far.

On a side note, have any ex-players gone on to be good managers?

Definitely the best win of my career and probably one of my best ever.

I cant remember every player who I have managed, but going through the ones who I have signed and sold over the years (up until about 2027 because after that they are most likely still playing), here is the list of players who have gone on to become Managers:

Brad Guzan (Managed him at Aston Villa)

Daniel (Managed him on loan from Liverpool when at Darlington and Managed him at Liverpool when I went there)

Filipe Carvalhinho (Managed him on loan at Darlington)

Gary Gardner (Managed him at Aston Villa)

Jack Robinson (Managed him at Liverpool)

Jason Ball (Managed him at Blackpool)

Jordan Mustoe (Managed him at Darlington)

Kyriakos Papadopoulos (Managed him at Liverpool)

Madinda Chunga (Managed him at Liverpool)

Marc Albrighton (Managed him at Aston Villa)

Marcelo Mattos (Managed him at Blackpool)

Michael Parker (Managed him at Blackpool)

Remzil Huylu (Managed him at Kirklarelispor)

Tom Lees (Managed him at Aston Villa)

Tsepo Masilela (Managed him at Aston Villa)

Wow, the All Boys grabbed a huge amount of goals in a short span.

Yeah it was rather ridiculous.

So Brad Guzan likes living in America then. Thanks for all the screen shots, has any one that starts the game as a player made it into the hall of fame as a manager yet?

Also another key question answered was who the heck was that Longstaff bloke on my steam.

So Brad Guzan likes living in America then. Thanks for all the screen shots, has any one that starts the game as a player made it into the hall of fame as a manager yet?

Also another key question answered was who the heck was that Longstaff bloke on my steam.

Haha yeah I suppose he does. Im not sure on the Hall of Fame thing, but I will have a check when I load FM up when I am next on.

That Longstaff bloke is quite a character. I would stay in his good books ;).

The boys are alright.

???

Unlucky in the Apertura, but more than made up for it with a great win in the World Club Cup :thup:

The World Cup draw was pretty kind to you, definitely should qualify from that.

Yeah I was delighted to claim the World Club Championship.

Also, really looking forward to the World Cup. We should top the group comfortably and then face the second place team in Group E which shouldnt be Argentina so that should be atleast the Quater-Final for us.

Im not sure on the Hall of Fame thing, but I will have a check when I load FM up when I am next on.

To answer your question AB, as of yet there are no former players have entered the game as Managers and gone on to move into the HOF at all.

Just stick to it matey and you will get into it. I was a little apprehensive at first as to whether I would get into the save or not but you soon do.

Early days but the narrow formation seems to be working better with a win and a draw against much higher opposition, hopefully I can now kick on and continue this until FM 13 comes out :)

Early days but the narrow formation seems to be working better with a win and a draw against much higher opposition, hopefully I can now kick on and continue this until FM 13 comes out :)

Cracking news :). I aim to keep this save going until FM13.

COPA_L1.jpg

Copa Libertadores Group Stage Draw

CopaLibertadoresOverview_Stages-2-2.png

CopaLibertadoresOverview_Stages-3-1.png

CopaLibertadoresOverview_Stages-6.png

Well it could have been a lot worse I supose. We had a stinker of a draw last year and managed to get through that so I remain confident. Im not best pleased about facing Santos again but I am sure we will be fine.

Very unlucky in the league, but what a exceptional result in the Club World Cup. Of course, you wouldn't have stood a chance against my Real Madrid side ;-) :D

Santos will be tough, but you should still get through the group without too much hassle.

Very unlucky in the league, but what a exceptional result in the Club World Cup. Of course, you wouldn't have stood a chance against my Real Madrid side ;-) :D

Santos will be tough, but you should still get through the group without too much hassle.

Haha. I beg to differ but cheers ;).

Santos will be the toughest out of the three sides, but having beaten them on both ocassions last season I am confident that we wont have to many issues.

Archived