[12.1.0] TACTIC: 4-2-2-2 'tweak' (BPL half a season record 19 matches - W19 / shot 91 of 1

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This tactic is ridiculously good. If anybody can find a btter FM12 tactic then they are a better man than me. I'm Man City, so it isn't hard, but I've been beating Real Madrod 7-0 and United 5-0 at Old Trafford. Have done the treble in 1st season. I've done like-for-like tests with other tactcis and nothing touches this one - just wish I'd founds it sooner! Great work!!!

This tactic is ridiculously good. If anybody can find a btter FM12 tactic then they are a better man than me. I'm Man City, so it isn't hard, but I've been beating Real Madrod 7-0 and United 5-0 at Old Trafford. Have done the treble in 1st season. I've done like-for-like tests with other tactcis and nothing touches this one - just wish I'd founds it sooner! Great work!!!

What tactic you use balista ?

wil you put some screenshot up please

if you down loaded the balista you dont need to tick it, but if you want to use the exploit goals goals.... you have to and put the striker there

obviously its going to score you goals, as shown by the screenshots. However, will making this change affect the movement of the tactic as it was intended to be. I say this because obviously if the tactic was intended for the striker to come deep and let the wingers advance and overlap to score goals, then changing the striker settings might contradict the settings of the tactic.

Does this make sense to you? or is this just my thinking lol

Im season 3 with Norwich and gameplay from Balista tactic is different and not so efficient as in previous seasons and im geting bored already :).I can tell this for sure and i mean here the 3 upfront behind striker play worse with much lesser assists than in previeous 2 seasons despite having better wingers/amc.I win most matches with 2-1 3-1 3-2 at limit(and this with having really good players i should rip teams apart now but i dont) now im not scoring machine anymore think tactic is getting cracked by AI and its loose from his efficiency and like many other says about almost all tactics it seems that is not myth after all and yes tactics are better countered by AI after more seasons.And still despite this tactic is still pretty good and even as countered by AI i still manage to remain top of the table and having best scorer.

Update Season 3 Norwich with his living legend DOMINIQUE MALONGA

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/5852/norwichs3leaguetable.png

http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/3421/malongalivinglegend.png

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9697/malonga.png

What are the results like with the striker tweak? Used the original for Athletic in first season as a home tactic and finished 2nd overall, runners up in Spanish Cup and won the Europa League. The original balista is a fantastic tactic, was just wondering with the tweaks if it makes it even better?

Does it work with all teams?
i think it does
What are the results like with the striker tweak? Used the original for Athletic in first season as a home tactic and finished 2nd overall, runners up in Spanish Cup and won the Europa League. The original balista is a fantastic tactic, was just wondering with the tweaks if it makes it even better?

make the striker score more

Still using the 4-2-2-2. Started off great, couple of 4-0s and a 7-0, now we seem to be struggling. IMO for this tactic to work your left striker needs to be on fire.

Does the striker expoit work for the original 4-2-2-2? If so what exactly is it?

the striker exploit works with any tactic
really cant get the team talks right i use what people say on here but theres always a player that looks stressed or down
i hate team talks . I struggle with them, but el magico89 put some up in his thread i might use

Finding that the 4-2-2-2 is terrible against top teams away from home. Lost 3-0 at Arsenal (who aren't actually doing very well in the league) and (the one that nearly led to the lap top getting thrown from the window) a 3-2 loss against a ten man Man City (Toure sent off in 21 min).

You just get that feeling that everytime they have a chance its going in.

i hate team talks . I struggle with them, but el magico89 put some up in his thread i might use

i put i expect a win in all ways i can and players switch off, i said show me what you have got players switch off i either make them to relaxed have no reaction or they go in a mood with me

Team talks are a bitch on this version and there is FAR too much reliance on them.

You can be on a decent run of results with teamtalks going well but all of a sudden players can get very poor morale for absolutely no reason at all.

I've followed advice on half time team talks from other people. I say expect a win and it works, they all get motivated (or most do) and yet still go out and concede with the first 5 mins of the 2nd half.

Team talks are a bitch on this version and there is FAR too much reliance on them.

You can be on a decent run of results with teamtalks going well but all of a sudden players can get very poor morale for absolutely no reason at all.

I've followed advice on half time team talks from other people. I say expect a win and it works, they all get motivated (or most do) and yet still go out and concede with the first 5 mins of the 2nd half.

I found some team talks which worked quite well for me, but I agree they are over exagerated on this version too much

Pre match:

Assertive - Last option

Half time:

Losing/drawing: Aggressive - Last option

Winning: Passionate - Last option

Full time:

Lost/drawn: Aggressive - Last option

Won: Passionate - Last option

Obviously adapt to your team, if you're a league 2 team and lost by one goal to Man Utd at Old Trafford then saying aggressively their performance wasn't good enough would be a bit harsh

I am just wondering, is it harder to win the CL with teams from weaker leagues? On my Arsenal save, I won the CL 8 years in a row with this tactic. The level of that team was 81 % according to FMRTE. By the same standard my struggling Porto side is 78 %. The player types are exactly the same. So what's happening? I have been playing 5 complete CL campaigns, reaching one 1/8 final, two quarter finals and two semi-finals, and this season I will probably only reach the 1/8 final again. I have pretty much looked without a chance to win the thing, and I am struggling to see the massive difference in performance between my Porto and Arsenal team can be explained by player quality. Is it down to league reputation, or something else?

I am just wondering, is it harder to win the CL with teams from weaker leagues? On my Arsenal save, I won the CL 8 years in a row with this tactic. The level of that team was 81 % according to FMRTE. By the same standard my struggling Porto side is 78 %. The player types are exactly the same. So what's happening? I have been playing 5 complete CL campaigns, reaching one 1/8 final, two quarter finals and two semi-finals, and this season I will probably only reach the 1/8 final again. I have pretty much looked without a chance to win the thing, and I am struggling to see the massive difference in performance between my Porto and Arsenal team can be explained by player quality. Is it down to league reputation?

I think it could partly be down to team rep. too. I presume Arsenal have a higher reputation than Porto, making teams a bit more cautious against them whereas Porto they probably feel they can attack a bit more due to the lower reputation making your team a bit more under pressure. I partly found this too, when I managed Arsenal I got a lot more sucess in European competitions than I did with Athletic Bilbao despite having similar strength teams (after a few seasons) Wouldn't take my word on it though, just an idea.

i used the 4-2-3-1 away at the emarates

not many balls to my striker. all goals scored were from corners (when you got a defender with 19 jump 18 head and 18 strength that happens anyway)

it was far more competative then the usual away day at a big club though

766801F0776CD4A7D796DAAD16201325A85D762F

going to try the 4-2-2-2 as that is my current formation (without all the tweaks in this thread) so i can compare it better

I found some team talks which worked quite well for me, but I agree they are over exagerated on this version too much

Pre match:

Assertive - Last option

Half time:

Losing/drawing: Aggressive - Last option

Winning: Passionate - Last option

Full time:

Lost/drawn: Aggressive - Last option

Won: Passionate - Last option

Obviously adapt to your team, if you're a league 2 team and lost by one goal to Man Utd at Old Trafford then saying aggressively their performance wasn't good enough would be a bit harsh

Thanks for the help mate, i will give it a try

The 4-2-2-2 goes from the sublime to the ridiculous especially away from home.

I won the CL last year with Liverpool, beating Madrid along the way 6-3 and 4-1. I even beat Barca in the final 4-1. Then i start the new season and beat Utd in the CS 4-0, however i then go to City and lose 6-1, come back home and beat Newcastle 5-1, then go away to West Ham and lose 4-0.

Really at my wits end trying to discover the reasons for the massive differences. I thought i had away games cracked when i brought the 2 AMR/L back to midfield but it didn't last long.

City completely have my number. They play an attacking narrow 4-2-3-1 and consistently hammer me away from home. Is the narrow 4-2-3-1 this tactics kryptonite?

The 4-2-2-2 goes from the sublime to the ridiculous especially away from home.

I won the CL last year with Liverpool, beating Madrid along the way 6-3 and 4-1. I even beat Barca in the final 4-1. Then i start the new season and beat Utd in the CS 4-0, however i then go to City and lose 6-1, come back home and beat Newcastle 5-1, then go away to West Ham and lose 4-0.

Really at my wits end trying to discover the reasons for the massive differences. I thought i had away games cracked when i brought the 2 AMR/L back to midfield but it didn't last long.

City completely have my number. They play an attacking narrow 4-2-3-1 and consistently hammer me away from home. Is the narrow 4-2-3-1 this tactics kryptonite?

I am using the 4-1-1-2-2 Optimus which has a defensive mid and cm, similar to yours and i say i hate to play against 4-2-3-1. Always face my toughest and games lost or drawn to 4-2-3-1.

I am using the 4-1-1-2-2 Optimus which has a defensive mid and cm, similar to yours and i say i hate to play against 4-2-3-1. Always face my toughest and games lost or drawn to 4-2-3-1.

Annoying isn't it. I've found that playing against the wide 4-2-3-1 (Real Madrid, PSG) isn't so bad, but the narrow one with Aguero at the head is a killer.

This is honestly the first tactic that i have enjoyed using on FM12 which is why i really want to solve the randomness of the whole thing. I'm shipping loads of loads of goals (especially away from home) but alot of the time my defenders are not getting really bad scores.

I don't know *sigh*

i tried the 4-2-2-2 played average and lost.

and for some reason it saves the settings of fluidity and playstyle (defencive attacking etc) as the previous selected formation, as is locked so i cant change it, nor change anything bar the players.

doesnt seem to be doing anything with strikers goalscoring.

and again lost. not working at all, just hoofing the ball

the 4-3-2-1 was even worse when it "reset" to balanced and standard as well. getting a pain.

right followed the teamtalk advice for my away trip in the same game as i tried. won 2-1 but was not convinced as man of the match was my keeper and was nowhere in the game until one counter attacking goal.

i hate facing 4-2-3-1 for some reason. pain in the backside to counter.

also is the way the corners set up, set up in a particular way, because my defender with high jumping/heading is pressuring keeper rather then getting on the end of the corner kicks

67D369969322FA1667997E08AB21F0F067F4B740

not convinced still but i'm stuck with dumb away games

Annoying isn't it. I've found that playing against the wide 4-2-3-1 (Real Madrid, PSG) isn't so bad, but the narrow one with Aguero at the head is a killer.

This is honestly the first tactic that i have enjoyed using on FM12 which is why i really want to solve the randomness of the whole thing. I'm shipping loads of loads of goals (especially away from home) but alot of the time my defenders are not getting really bad scores.

I don't know *sigh*

Narrow 4231? you mean how city plays, 3AM instead of wide wingers? like this?

cityexample.jpg

I am using 4-1-1-2-2 Optimus By Qetesh V.2 exclusively now.

http://www.fm-thai.com/board/index.php?showtopic=104139

http://www.mediafire.com/?xzr95bxhbbxzza2

My experience with this tactic and why i like it better than most of the rest.

Once prepared tactics is fluid and with decent morale, you will see consistent results coming. Eventually towards the 2nd half of the season, you will perform more consistently after the team has gel-ed together. You will still have good amount of goals and defensively good too. But the best thing about this tactic is, comes 2nd to 3rd season, somehow the amount of goals scored will shoot over the roof and will go beyond 100 points pretty often. It is not uncommon to have like 130 goals at the end of the season, maybe not your first season, first season perhaps 90 to 100?

I am not exactly sure what in thai the thread mentioned despite translating it.

Once prepared tactic is fluid, i play at either average or very low with attacking movement all the time, home and away. (thou the thread seems to say put it at teamwork but attacking movement works well for me)

My STR will score loads, he doesn't close down as much as the STL so i have my faster striker there.

The MCL seems to be the engine of the team and if he does well, your game will do much better.

The wingers does well enough especially 2nd/3rd season with loads of assists. Best player i have had in AML is Douglas Costa if you can get him.

DCR has corner routine so will contribute some goals.

Alot of goals comes on counter attacks, and it is nice to see crosses and goals from these counters. Best if have fast wingers and a fast right striker.

You may conceal easily if you lose procession trying to counter and get countered instead.

Sums it up, This is the best tactic I've ever used for FM 2012. better than tweak or Mr Hughs. very consistent, excellent attack. Balista was also good but Optimus V.2 is killer, no tactic comes close for me.

I am using 4-1-1-2-2 Optimus By Qetesh V.2 exclusively now.

http://www.fm-thai.com/board/index.php?showtopic=104139

http://www.mediafire.com/?xzr95bxhbbxzza2

My experience with this tactic and why i like it better than most of the rest.

Once prepared tactics is fluid and with decent morale, you will see consistent results coming. Eventually towards the 2nd half of the season, you will perform more consistently after the team has gel-ed together. You will still have good amount of goals and defensively good too. But the best thing about this tactic is, comes 2nd to 3rd season, somehow the amount of goals scored will shoot over the roof and will go beyond 100 points pretty often. It is not uncommon to have like 130 goals at the end of the season, maybe not your first season, first season perhaps 90 to 100?

I am not exactly sure what in thai the thread mentioned despite translating it.

Once prepared tactic is fluid, i play at either average or very low with attacking movement all the time, home and away. (thou the thread seems to say put it at teamwork but attacking movement works well for me)

My STR will score loads, he doesn't close down as much as the STL so i have my faster striker there.

The MCL seems to be the engine of the team and if he does well, your game will do much better.

The wingers does well enough especially 2nd/3rd season with loads of assists. Best player i have had in AML is Douglas Costa if you can get him.

DCR has corner routine so will contribute some goals.

Alot of goals comes on counter attacks, and it is nice to see crosses and goals from these counters. Best if have fast wingers and a fast right striker.

You may conceal easily if you lose procession trying to counter and get countered instead.

Sums it up, This is the best tactic I've ever used for FM 2012. better than tweak or Mr Hughs. very consistent, excellent attack. Balista was also good but Optimus V.2 is killer, no tactic comes close for me.

Great find mate, I've been using Balista 4-3-2-1 and I didn't think it could be bettered, but this one is probably even better. They are both amazing. There are some really good tactics for FM12, but none come close to these two so far

Archived