Calcio II: Catenaccio Reloaded

Deisler26

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, May 2025 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 6 F.C Internazionale (Serie A TIM)

This..... was not good.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Juventus (Serie A TIM)

The Old Lady was mugged on this occasion as we conducted a smash n' grab on Juve with a Sergio Corallo goal. This result saw us mathmatically safe.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 3 Brescia Calcio (Serie A TIM)

A lone goal from Amadeo Del Nevo was the only thing mustered from a team with both eyes on the Cup Final.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 S.S.C Napoli (Serie A TIM)

Dull, boring, flat. The perfect end to a season of survival

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0p Parma (2-3 on pens) (TIM Coppa Italia Final)

120 mins of pure torture, with neither side getting many clear-cut chances. Penalties beckoned and, again, Mirco Doria saved the first penalty. It was to be our bright spot as first Remo Cristiani missed, then Sergio Corallo and finally, most crucially, Andrea Raia missed, gifting Parma the cup win and us some more broken dreams.

-----------------—--------

We eventually finished 14th in Serie A TIM, some 5 points clear of the drop zone. The joy was short-lived as we failed to take home the TIM Coppa Italia again.

Now, I've completed my target that I set out to do when I started this save. Take a team playing Catenaccio all the way from Lega Pro Seconda Divisione to Serie A TIM and keep them up. So, I suppose the question is; Do I stay? Or seek other climes?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flying to go watch the rubbish team you manage in FM.. that's amazing dedication. :D

I quite like the way you rescue back players you had to sell previously, Doria's comeback has been wildly successful and I hope Novelli's goes the same way. :thup:

I'm not ashamed to say, I just looked up flights and hotel accomodation to go to Santarcangelo for a game....

Love it :D. On FM10 I got so into a game as Torquay Utd that I ended up going to a game.

I'm not ashamed to say, I just looked up flights and hotel accomodation to go to Santarcangelo for a game....

That would be pretty awesome.

There was a pretty good thread in GD (it does happen sometimes) with someone travelling a distance to watch a club he had grown to love due to FM. Think it was FC Oss he went to see. Said the club were really good to him and the game was very high scoring draw, 3-3 or 4-4, can't remeber the exact score. Sounded like he had a ball though

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, August 2025 Review

We had our pitch re-laid and work started on our new youth facilities and our stadium increases in the off-season. Our brief was to again avoid relegation with a £210k wage budget and a £17.13m transfer budget. Again, all I want to do is stay up..

---------------------------------------------------

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Varese (TIM Coppa Italia Third Qualifying Round)

This was just s****y. We barely got into gear all game and in the 58th minute, a hard angled shot from the edge of the area was redirected by the Varese striker's head, leaving Doria only able to palm the ball into the net.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 2 S.S Lazio (Serie A TIM)

Francesco Cortini put us into the lead early on with a deft header and Sergio Corallo put us back in the lead on 64 mins after we'd conceded just before HT. However, a win wasn't to be as we conceded late on to start the season with a credible 2-2 draw.

----------------------------------------------------

No major signings to note this August. First off, talented Brazilian midfielder Filipe came in on a free from Santos along with veteran striker Federico Macheda, also on a free. The main cash spent was a £1m deal for youth DM Giuseppe Santangelo from Varese. We also signed three players to youth contracts. German AMC Kai Gensler, French AMC Johan Dumont and, finally, Portuguese ST Dani Rodrigues. I'll put up their sats if I sign them.

First out the door was DM Çağatay Topraktepe. He'll be an exceptional talent, but a S.S.C Napoli offer of £6m + 50% is too much to turn down.. English D/MC Larnell Fitzpatrick headed back to the homeland and Coventry City for the sum of £1.5m. Also leaving was AMC Matteo Colombi for £2.9m to Livorno and MC Davide Ranieri to Parma FC for £2.5m + 50%. That was a loss, but with Del Nevo and now Filipe ahead of him, his opportunities were limited. Finally, youth starlet Daniel Giannoni was snapped up by Paris Saint Germain for £2.1m + 50%. He'll be a great talent and hopefully, I can profit by it.

Good to see you back, man. Not used to you having money though... after all those years of boards giving you nothing but an order to cut your wages, seeing a transfer budget of £17m is just alien to me!

Thanks dude. Well, I'm still not spending it if that helps! ;)

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, September 2025 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 F.C Internazionale (Serie A TIM)

A good defensive performance ground us out the point here.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 AC Milan (Serie A TIM)

We worked hand and the only slip the defence made all game left the Milan striker free to condemn us to defeat.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Empoli FC (Serie A TIM)

Paolo Sarzi put us ahead with a placed shot into the corner, then Amedeo Del Nevo doubled our lead in the second half with a fine run and shot.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Juve Stabia (Serie A TIM)

Federico Macheda was our hero in this one, netting his first ever goal for the club after Francesco Cortini's strike was beaten out by the keeper.

------------------------------------------------

We were 10th at the end of the month, however, our next match is against S.S.C Napoli, who have racked up the following scores in the last three games. 6-1, 4-0 and 9-0. Oh.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, October 2025 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 S.S.C Napoli (Serie A TIM)

We snuffed out the most potent strikeforce in the league with a stiffling defensive peformance.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Udinese Calcio (Serie A TIM)

Paolo Sarzi netted the game winner.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Brescia Calcio (Serie A TIM)

Disappointing draw to be honest.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 0 U.C Sampdoria (Serie A TIM)

Filipe bobbled home his first for the club and a Paolo Sarzi double put the tin hat on this game.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, November 2025 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Atalanta (Serie A TIM)

Slim Saidi's goal rescued the point for us here.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Nocerina (Serie A TIM)

A REALLY disappointing draw against the rock-bottom club.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 ChievoVerona (Serie A TIM)

Paolo Sarzi put us ahead with a placed shot into the cornerto give us the win.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 3 Juventus (Serie A TIM)

Cristian Pinton opened the scoring for us, but three goals in the second half put us in our place.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, December 2025 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Parma FC (Serie A TIM)

Francesco Cortini's goal put us in the lead and an own goal settled the deal for us.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 Cagliari (Serie A TIM)

A terrible performance and a deserved defeat.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 2 Fiorentina (Serie A TIM)

Federico Macheda 's hat-trick put us in the lead three times and gave us a stunning win.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We finished 2025 in 5th place in Serie A TIM. I can't see my wanting to improve the squad just yet. But we'll see.

Going well, man. Really good progress there. Hoping I can get to those kind of dizzy Serie A heights in my own thread at some point... until then, I'll have to just enjoy this continuing adventure!

Thanks man!

What's happening? The team no longer able to improve?

Partly. Partly is that I've been so busy lately, that I haven't had chance to give it the time it deserves. Plus I feel we over-achieved in the first half of the season.

I think it's time to go Fergie on this team. Rip them apart. All foreigners out, try to bring some of the youth through.

Archived