Calcio II: Catenaccio Reloaded

Deisler26

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, September 2024 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 U.S Cittá di Palermo (Serie A TIM)

Our first game back in the top flight and we got off to a great start when debutant Paolo Sarzi fired low into the corner of the net. However, the referees were indeed against us, as in the 95th minute, a full 3 minutes after the added on time had expired, a free-kick was slung in and headed home to deny us the win.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Udinese Calcio (Serie A TIM)

Paolo Sarzi was flashed a straight red for a two footed tackle on 29 minutes, but we held out untl the 77th minute before they headed home from a corner to hand us the loss

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Ekranas (UEFA Europa League, Group J)

A depressing match, which showed us we have a LOT to do to stay at this level regularly. Their 5' 10" midfielder got the better of my 5' 3" right back and his looping header just beat my 6' keeper who was in for a tired 6' 2" regular. On inches, are such things decided.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Cesena (Serie A TIM)

Carlo Alberto Vinci was our hero in this one. The backup striker got on the end of a great through ball to give us our first win this season in the league.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 S.S Lazio (Serie A TIM)

Two minutes cost us in this. First, we conceded a soft penalty on 38 minutes which was duly converted, then Mirco Doria palmed a fierce shot into his own net while attempting the save two minutes later. Another own goal, this time for us, gave some hope, but we couldn't finish.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 U.C Sampdoria (Serie A TIM)

Paolo Sarzi was back for this game after his suspension and his two goals gave us the great win.

Chuffed to bits this thread is still going. Even happier to see you in the top flight!!

I've just purchased FM12, so I'm going to have a little play around tonight, and start a new Italian thread in the next few days.

Thanks man! Hope it goes well and I'll be following when you do!

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, October 2024 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Fenerbahçe S.K (UEFA Europa League, Group J)

Sergio Corallo scored what was to be the winner on 13 minutes, breaking through and slotting home into the corner.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 AC Milan (Serie A TIM)

Oh FFS. We lost Sergio Corallo for 2 months and lost to an acutely angled goal that Doria really should have had.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 2 Torino F.C (Serie A TIM)

Another frustrating match. We went 0-1 down, but equalised just before half time through Paolo Sarzi. Slim Saidi then scored his first for the club later on in the second and, bar 2 minutes of stoppage, we had another 3 points. However, on 94 minutes, their striker acrobatically hooked home a dramatic equaliser..

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Rubin Kazan (UEFA Europa League, Group J)

This was a good result against a much better side.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Fiorentina (Serie A TIM)

This game was wild. We went 0-1 down with 10 minutes to go in the first, then lost Simone Pettinari to a second yellow card in first half ET. Carlo Alberto Vinci netted an unlikely equaliser two minutes after the restart and, although we lost Amedeo Del Nevo to a straight red for two feet, we held on for a hard-fought draw.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 6 ChievoVerona (Serie A TIM)

This game was my worst result ever as Santarcangelo manager. They scored 6 goals on 8 shots and, to compound matters, Davide Ranieri was dismissed in the last minute for a second yellow after conceding their penalty. Oddly enough he still finished the game with a 7.1 rating.. :eek:.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, November 2024 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Parma (Serie A TIM)

We held our own well until the 85th minute when a shot on the turn from the edge of the area found the top corner.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Rubin Kazan (UEFA Europa League, Group J)

Another decent result against the Russians, leaving us in a decent position to qualify.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Atalanta (Serie A TIM)

We lost full back Simone Pettinari to a straight red and also conceded an OG within 10 mins. Luckily, Matteo Colombi's blast, just after HT, gave us a point.

Santarcangelo Calcio 4 - 0 Varese (Serie A TIM)

We recovered to rout Varese 4-0. Carlo Alberto Vinco, Paolo Sarzi, Francesco Valentini and Amedeo Del Nevo all combined to give the team a big lift with the three points..

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 Cagliari (Serie A TIM)

Ugh. We were dire. Not even the sub appearance of a returning Sergio Corallo could lift us.

Santarcangelo Calcio e3 - 1 Novara AET (TIM Coppa Italia Fourth Qualifying Round)

We went behind just before HT. However, Larnell Fitzpatrick levelled it up with a header 10 mins after HT and that's the way it stayed until ET, when goals in each half of ET by Filippo Cancelli and Sergio Corallo saw advance to the First Round.

-------------------------------------------------------

[video=youtube_share;6z-qMj1SpiI]

Brilliant start to the month, but a rather depressing finish. Where does that leave you in the tables? You look like a strong chance for the next round in the Europa League.

We're currently 14th in Serie A TIM, but holding our own. We need to beat Ekaranas to have any chance of going through really.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, December 2024 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 AS Roma (Serie A TIM)

91st minute defeat. Gutted.

Santarcangelo Calcio 5 - 0 Ekaranas (UEFA Europa League, Group J)

We were third in the group, equal on points with second-placed Rubin Kazan, but with a vastly inferior goal difference. We certainly changed that however as FOUR goals from Paolo Sarzi and an own goal put us in a winner-take-all situation in the last game.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Genoa (Serie A TIM)

Two goals in three minutes midway through the first half was as exciting as it got. Paolo Sarzi popped up with the equaliser on 24 mins after we'd gone behind.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 FC Internazionale (Serie A TIM)

We withstood a siege to snatch a point.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Fenerbahçe S.K (UEFA Europa League, Group J)

The premise was simple. Win and we were through to the Knockout Stages. Draw or lose and we were out pretty much. The dream died in three short second half minutes. Simone Pettinari saw red for a two-footed tackle on 52 mins, Rubin Kazan then took the lead against Ekranas a minute later in Russia then finally, Fenerbahçe scored on 55 minutes to top it off. We were given a lifeline on 72 mins with a penalty scored by Stefano Guarardi . We just couldn't break though otherwise and went out of the tournament. Looking back, it was the defeat to Ekranas that did us, all the way back in Gameday 1. That 0-1 defeat was their only points and only goal in the tournament.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 Juventus (Serie A TIM)

Paolo Sarzi netted a late penalty, but we were already 0-2 down.

------------------------------------------------------

No idea on how or if I'm going to upgrade the team during the winter break. Nunzio Novelli is making noises about being unhappy at Atalanta, so he could be a target.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, January 2025 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Brescia Calcio (Serie A TIM)

Ah, this was one of those games. Brescia won the game WITHOUT HAVING A SINGLE SHOT ON TARGET.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 S.S.C Napoli (Serie A TIM)

Davide Cristiano netted the equaliser as I just threw this team at Napoli.

Santarcangelo Calcio p1 - 1 AS Roma (4-2 on pens) (TIM Coppa Italia First Round)

A REALLY tight game had to go to ET to see the first goal. Amedeo Del Nevo firing home on 110 minutes to start the celebrations, only for Roma to equalise on 120 mins, thanks to a close-range free-kick. So it was to penalties. Paolo Sarzi confidently placed his in the corner to start us off, whilst Mirco Doria saved their first effort moments earlier. We then netted our next two pens, before missing our fourth.. They stepped up for #4 and put it wide. It was down to Luca Buldrini to send us through and he did so emphatically, ramming it home into the top corner.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Cittá di Palermo (Serie A TIM)

A deadly double from Paolo Sarzi gave us a vital win here, while Mirco Doria saved his second penalty in two games..

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Udinese Calcio (Serie A TIM)

We utterly battered Udinese, to the extent that they had one shot all game. But our old problem, being unable to finish, reared it's ugly head.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 0 Brescia Calcio (TIM Coppa Italia Quarter Final)

We put our recent woes behind us to put ourselves in the Semi Finals for the second year running! An own goal set us on our way before goals from Matteo Colombi and his midfield partner Amedeo Del Nevo put this game beyond doubt.

------------------------------------------------------

On the transfer front, I received word that Nunzio Novelli was unhappy at Atalanta and wanted out. He had become alienated and the time could be right for him to return to the club, a la Mirco Doria. So I put out a little word with the press that I was interested in signing Novelli. I claimed that this club made him, he had it in his blood and the time was right for him to come home. He promptly said no in the press. Gutted. However, later on, Atlanta offered him to us for £3.9m. I took their hands off and made the deal. I also then made £1.9m back through the 50% sell on clause, so in reality, he only cost me £2m! Also coming in was FC Internazionale defender Andrea Raia who, again, was offered to us and at a bargain £250k. Again, I snapped him up.

Leaving the club was young striker Davide Cristiano. At £2.7m + 50% to Juventus, I couldn't say no, especially as he was complaining of no game time! DC/DM Janusz Grunt continued to moan about being homesick, so when Atalanta came in with a £4m co-ownership offer, I took their arm off.

Excellent efforts in the cup again, some smooth business in the transfer market as well. Not a fantastic month in the league but based on your efforts against the likes of Palermo and Udinese staying up shouldn't be a problem this time around. I'm also picking back-to-back Coppa Italia victories ;)

Excellent efforts in the cup again, some smooth business in the transfer market as well. Not a fantastic month in the league but based on your efforts against the likes of Palermo and Udinese staying up shouldn't be a problem this time around. I'm also picking back-to-back Coppa Italia victories ;)

I do hope so dude. The cup is good because in one-off games, I would pick us to beat anyone in Italy.

You've become quite the Coppa Italia expert :D

Hopefully your efforts will see you survive this season and it's nice to see Novelli come back at the club.

I've always been better at cups than the league. It's the one-game-at-a-time fomat that seems to work well for me.

And I'm totally made up for him coming back. I was worried when he publicly stated he didn't want to come back, but once he was offered to me, I knew he was mine!

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, February 2025 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 Cesena (Serie A TIM)

Just had no penetration really.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Atalanta (TIM Coppa Italia Semi Final, Leg 1)

A great home draw against an in-form side.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 S.S Lazio (Serie A TIM)

Paolo Sarzi netted the equaliser to give us yet another draw.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 U.C Sampdoria (Serie A TIM)

The same pattern as most of our draws this season. Went behind and then equalised through Francesco Valentini.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 AC Milan (Serie A TIM)

Man, they must hate me right now. Amadeo Del Nevo put us into the lead, but we conceded on the stroke of half-time. However, midway through the second half, it was our own signing from AC Milan last summer, Davide Ranieri, who scored the winnner.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, March 2025 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Torino FC (Serie A TIM)

An own goal put us in the lead, before Matteo Colombi's fierce strike on 85 minutes settled the game.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 ChievoVerona (Serie A TIM)

Ngggh.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Fiorentina(Serie A TIM)

A dull draw between two teams at the foot of the table

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Parma FC (Serie A TIM)

Amadeo Del Nevo rescued a point as we managed to finish the month, 6 points clear.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, April 2025 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio p0 - 0 Atalanta (3-2 on pens) (TIM Coppa Italia Semi Final, Leg 2)

An tight, bitty game saw us go 120 mins without a goal again, into the lottery of penalties. Mirco Doria was our hero, saving three of five penalties as we booked our passage into the final.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 2 Atalanta (Serie A TIM)

In a feisty encounter, days after we had knocked them out the cup, we had to rely on our midfield to get us through as Remo Cristiani and Matteo Colombi scored the goals to salvage a draw.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 2 Varese (Serie A TIM)

Two goals from Paolo Sarzi twice gave us the lead, before a late goal from Slim Saidi wrapped up the win and gave us more hope of avoiding the drop.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Cagliari (Serie A TIM)

I don't want to be losing these late games, dammit....

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 AS Roma (Serie A TIM)

Smash and grab raid on Roma, as Sergio Corallo scored late in the second to give us a priceless win

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 1 Genoa (Serie A TIM)

Struggling Genoa went down to 10 early on, then were badly beaten by a Carlo Alberto Vinci hat-trick... So close to staying up...

Archived