dafuge's FM12 challenge

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would really appreciate some feedback - my morale is very low at the moment with this challenge after such a huge backwards step.

I think your answer is to get a couple of players in for your defense and wrap that striker in cotton wool. If he plays a full season you will have play offs as a minimum

Have a feeling i have found a bug. No-one will discuss terms with me. Well I say no-one - no-one who would get anywhere near my 2nd team. Surely that's not right is it? Literally every player I've seen this summer (2017) who would have improved my team has not even given me his demands......

Is there somewhere to upload the save to get it checked for bugs?

Really depends on your reputation I think --- how does your rep compare to the other teams in your division? If it's still low, the highter rep players you are targeting might not be interested.

I'm not that far along yet (nearing end of first season), so I cannot say if this is a common theme.

Gypsum's Worksop town - Blue square Premier - 2014/15

League position: 3rd / Position chart / Playoff progress

Transfers

Finances

General squad info

Star players:

1- Liam Reffin - A solid defender and goal threat from set-pieces.

2- Derek Young - A talented Scottish regen who was our top scorer with 18 goals.

3- Jonathan Obika - The former Spurs youngster came into his own late into the season as one of our most consistent strikers.

Notable mentions: Cameron Howieson - A New Zealand international who only joined us in January, but was a creative force in midfield.

Year                Division                          Position                    Other achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7211593&viewfull=1#post7211593"]2012/13[/url]              Blue Square North                    1st
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7235105&viewfull=1#post7235105"]2013/14[/url]              Blue square Premier                  12th                       FA Cup third round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7247744&viewfull=1#post7247744"]2014/15[/url]              Blue square Premier                  3rd                        Playoff winners

Think my first season is going to fall short of the playoffs....5 points out of the race with only 4 matches to go...and just lost my best defender for three weeks. Had a decent run going, with 3 draws and two wins, before succumbing to a 3-2 loss to 3rd place Ebbsfleet...and in my next match against Dartford, conceded a 90th minute goal for a 1-1 draw.... :(

edit: Despite a 1-0 away win at H&W, I'm still 5 points out with 3 to play. Only positives to take are they are bottom 5 teams, so I might be able to grab maximum points from them... I just need other results to go my way (for three teams...so I'm not holding my breath. Two of them play each other in the first of the 3 remaining matches....a draw by them and win by me puts me within 3 points <crosses fingers>).

Would really appreciate some feedback - my morale is very low at the moment with this challenge after such a huge backwards step.

Have you tried reading Tacticaltheorems10 or ''The ultimate FM walkthrough guide''. I found those pretty useful for reestablishing some of the core aspects of tactics again, then i redefined my tactics and started going a little better (On a side note, how do you get through seasons so fast?!)

Or failing that i could give you a team meeting, i fond they are great for morale :)

But keep going!!!

Have a feeling i have found a bug. No-one will discuss terms with me. Well I say no-one - no-one who would get anywhere near my 2nd team. Surely that's not right is it? Literally every player I've seen this summer (2017) who would have improved my team has not even given me his demands......

Is there somewhere to upload the save to get it checked for bugs?

I have a similar bug in my love life.

Just beat Tamworth to win the FA Carlsberg Trophy for the second year in a row

what a boring game finishing 0-0 after 90 mins and extra time, so went to the drama of penalties

tamworth started the shootout but put it wide, we duly scored our 1st but that was it with both keepers saving the next 3 penalties from both teams meaning we led 1-0 with 1 penalty each left the Tamworth player came forward looking like a nervous wreck and duly started his run and slipped just as he kicked the ball blasting it miles wide

this meant we didnt have the ordeal of taken our last, therfore winning the game 1-0 on penalties in the most boring FA Carlsberg Trophy Final ever

12513552212692OCFC-logo.jpg

Oxford City Football Club Season 2013/14

Right. Well. I am utterly devastated by this season's end.

We sat in the top two for 90% of the season, conceded the least amount of goals of any team, fell away in the last few games to finish 3rd and lost to Woking in the Playoff Semi-final... Just devastated.

Table

Graph

As you can see, Forest Green walked it home, winning the league with 6 games to go. Bath came in second place which means that they made a massive improvement after this game that I played against them early in the season.

Nothing of note in the cups - lost in the Fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup to Hayes and Yeading and in the third qual round of the FA trophy to Basingstoke.

As far as transfers go we had a tiny bit more wage budget to work with and I brought in 11 new players and offloaded a bunch of rubbish and greedy bastard players.

Players of Note

Top 3

3. Darlington Iroha - Another good season by Darlington but he hit a few injury patches again. Was severly outshined by my star striker (see below) and didn't feature quite as regularly as I had expected him to at the start of the season. 15 goals, 7 assists and 4 MoMs in 28(4) is very respectable though.

2. Roger Sharrock - Fantastic RL midfielder who played mostly on the right but came in very handy when my left side players were getting tired or injured. Had a knack for getting into good places for a good cross and popped up with some sneaky goals as well.

1. Nathaniel Pinney - Oh. My. Goodness. What to say about this striker. Firstly: How is he this good?! His stats certainly didn't wow me when the scouts recommended him but he went ballistic! 22 goals, 7 Assists and 9 MoMs in 33(4) appearances - missed a few through injury. He was One goal short of the golden boot and finished as the BSS Player of the Season. I hope he's just as good next year because I know exactly what kind of striker he needs to sit next to and if I can get what I need he could just go mental.

Special mention: Alan Hawthorne - Played at right back almost the entire season and was very solid and dependable.

Goals for next season

I expect to WALK IT HOME next season. As I said, I know exactly what kind of striker I need to complement both Pinney and Iroha and if I can get it then the goals will be raining down on the other teams. Need to solidfy one or two other spots and have good backups in place.

#50 Indsæt Navn – Chippenham Town 2012/13 Season Update

After a decent start which placed us right below the play-off spots for a number of matches, the team had a couple of serious meltdowns, and eventually, I had to settle with a mid-table finish. At no point in time were we anywhere near relegation, which of course is comfortable, but I’d like to have put some pressure on the top teams. Instead, it’s now time to shift my focus onto the upcoming season, where chances of promotion might be decent, after a promising couple of games towards the end of the 2012/13-season, where Boreham Wood (who grabbed a play-off spot) were beaten 4-0 away, and Basingstoke were slapped 6-1 on the final day of the season.

In the FA Cup, we managed to reach the first round, where Bishop’s Stortford beat us 2-0. We suffered a similar fate in the FA Trophy, in which Salisbury of the Blue Square Premier went through at the cost of my Chippenham-team.

During the season, I signed a couple of Danish youngsters after having them on trial, so I guess a couple of screenshots are required to prove the legitimacy: Alexander Rossander & Alexander Johannsen.

Damn, part-time and full-time contracts are much harder work in FM12! Just turned pro after promotion to League 2, and my part-timers want huge wages for a full-time contract! One guy asked for £2k a week! Hopefully new signings will have more realistic demands.

Damn, part-time and full-time contracts are much harder work in FM12! Just turned pro after promotion to League 2, and my part-timers want huge wages for a full-time contract! One guy asked for £2k a week! Hopefully new signings will have more realistic demands.

Yeh it was really fkn tough for me. Coming into my third season and some of the players that came up with me from the promotion are still P/T and want 3x their original wage to go to F/T. I think I only resigned about 5 of the original squad to F/T, the rest were sold etc.

#18 reddevil4ever - Blue Square Bet Premier Winners - 2015-16 Season

A brilliant season with us securing automactic promotion on the last day. Graph

This was bought about by my tinkering with the teams tactics to tighten up the defence, which worked well with us only conceding 30 goals in the league and 35 overall in three competitions. The reason for this improvment was our goalkeeper Mirko Ranieri that we picked up free last season after he was released by Spurs finally living upto his potential. He played all 56 games this season keeping 30 clean sheets in the process. The squad for the season looked like this after all the transfers in & out.

We also retained the FA Carlsberg Trophy winning 1-0 on penalties

The other good thing was that we have just been granted planning permission to built the brand new Hastings Utd Stadium, this means the club now has a bank loan, so the club finances look like this.

Plans for next season:

1) Avoid relegation.

2) Get in a couple of good players to cover positions where we're short of decent cover.

3) Have a good Johnston's Paint Trophy, Carling Cup or FA Cup run to help cover the loan repayments and improve finances in general.

3) Have a good Johnston's Paint Trophy, Carling Cup or FA Cup run to help cover the loan repayments and improve finances in general.

Just a note, you don't get much for the JPT. I think about £5k for the first rounds and I only got about £25k for winning it. And I had to pay out £70k to the squad as a bonus.....

Question.

I'm thinking of resigning as Worksop manager and taking on a slightly less challenging team. What are the criteria if I want to do this in the same game? Given that it's 2018, reputations are likely to be completely different, so can I just take any team who gets promoted into the BSN/BSS that year? Would make sense, rather than just a team from the original list, because with such a different set of reps, even a big team from 2011 might be as much of a challenge in 2018 as someone like Worksop would be in 2011?

HASTINGS UNITED (#68) Season 1 2012/2013

Table -- Position -- Transfers -- Reputation -- Confidence (Competitions - Transfers)

The Season

Mixed feelings about the season. First, we were never really in danger of dropping, despite the dire media prediction of finishing 22nd. We had some very bad cup draws, both cups drawing away matches against superior teams in the qualifying stages. Needless to say, we didn’t make it very far, as evidenced here.

The league run itself wasn’t too bad. Was comfortably midtable or better most of the season, but in reality, we were closer to the playoff spots than it appears, never being more than 4-5 points (and sometimes closer) out of the playoff spots after the turn of the year. Some unfortunate injuries, and a 5-game winless streak in the spring, cost us a higher finish…and losing 2 of 3 final games didn’t help our cause, although by that point we had very little chance at the playoffs anyways. The final position of 10th didn't really do us justice.

Players of Note

I’ve singled out three players to make mention of. Though no one individual was a real superstar, these three worked well with every other play on the team to achieve what we did. Together, the team managed to finish 7th in goals scored, while conceding the 6th fewest in the league. Normally a recipe I would take to mean a higher than 10th place finish, but, there we are.

First, my young striker Chris Molyneaux. At only 16, he’s shown poise in front of goal, netting 14 times, adding 6 assists. Was joint leader for MoM with 4 awards. However, injuries are a concern with him, picking up 3 multi-week injuries (totaling 10 weeks) early in the year, before suffering a torn groin muscle in the late spring, causing him to miss the final two months as well.

Next, a familiar name to some here in the form of Ethan Mannion. I brought this striker in the side in mid September, and he quietly did his job throughout the year. He netted 15 times (4 in the awful cup runs) in 36 appearances, and added 6 assists. Managed to pick up a team high 10 yellow cards, however, giving him an overall AvRat of less than 7. With a little work, and some better supply, I expect a better season out of him. Now my highest paid player at £300/wk – signed for one more year.

Finally, the rock of my defense, brought to the team in November and rapidly become my best overall player. Jordan Tunnicliffe became a solid anchor at a time I needed it, having suffered a very poor run in the fall (2W, 7L, 2D starting at the beginning of September). Rapidly closed the gaps in my defense, propelling my back toward the top of the table. My highest AvRat player on the year (at 7.29), with 4 MoM over 27 appearances. Chipped in with two goals as well. Named fans player of the year.

Other Notes of Interest

As seen above, Hastings is no longer the lowest rep team of the BSS/BSN divisions, having leapfrogged Bury Town and Thurrock – although there are still plenty of lower division teams above me on the rep list. Hopefully, a good cup run in the coming year, and a (hopeful) playoff run or better in the league will improve this further. I suspect that being labeled the division’s overachiever played a role here.

Team bext XI

Finances -- about £100k in the red. No cup runs to generate any cash...the only reason I'm not double that was I kept my wage bill to about 1/2 my allotment through December. It wasn't until March or April that I came close to my budget, as I tied up a couple players and staff for another year or two at a small increase. Once my summer clearout is complete, I'll be back to about 1/3-1/2 of my budget alottment again.

Season 2 manager profile

Other competition winners

EPL: Manchester United (Relegated—Blackburn, Fulham, Blackpool)

Championship: Leicester (Promoted – Birmingham, Portsmouth) (Relegated – Charlton, Coventry, Sheffield Wednesday)

League 1: Hull (Promoted –Swindon, Sheffield United) (Relegated – Walsall, Wycombe, Oldham, Yeovil)

League 2: Burton (Promoted – Notts County, Plymouth, Port vale) (Relegated – Hereford, Dag&Red)

Blue Square Premier: Newport Co (Promoted – Wrexham) (Relegated – Alfreton, Hampton & Richmond, Hayes & Yeading, Braintree)

Blue Square North: Blyth (Promoted -- Tamworth) (Relegated – Corby, Hyde, Bury Town)

Blue Square South: Eastleigh (Promoted – Welling) (Relegated – Thurrock, Basingstoke, Carshalton)

Regional Premier Div promotions: St. Albans, Lowestoft, Kingstonian, Maidenhead, Worksop, AFC Hornchurch (Still no low-rep clubs!)

Cups:

FA Cub – Tottenham

Carling Cup – Aresenal

Community Shield – Manchester United

Johnstone’s Trophy – Southend

FA Trophy – Newport Co

UEFA Champ league group stage qualification: Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal

UEFA Champ League Best placed playoff: Tottenham

UEFA 4th Qual Rd: Blackburn, Chelsea

UEFA Europa League 3rd Qual Rd: Liverpool

Year                Division                          Position                    Other achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7211593&viewfull=1#post7211593"]2012/13[/url]              Blue Square South                    10th            FA Cup 3rd Qual rd, FAT 2nd Qual rd
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7235105&viewfull=1#post7235105"]2013/14[/url]              

Goals for 2013/2014

Strengthen squad, while maintaining wage control. Need a quality GK and a playmaker (probably ML)

Cup runs---1st round proper of FA Cup, Deep FAT

League -- playoffs, at least

Question.

I'm thinking of resigning as Worksop manager and taking on a slightly less challenging team. What are the criteria if I want to do this in the same game? Given that it's 2018, reputations are likely to be completely different, so can I just take any team who gets promoted into the BSN/BSS that year? Would make sense, rather than just a team from the original list, because with such a different set of reps, even a big team from 2011 might be as much of a challenge in 2018 as someone like Worksop would be in 2011?

According to the rules it need to be one of the original teams i think. But stick with it! You've already moulded a decent team, it would be a pain to do it again. Finish the season you're in and one other, then swap if you arent yet promoted.

EDIT: Yea, it needs to be a team that satisfies the original criteria i.e. doesnt start 11-12 season in BSR. " you can either take over a newly promoted club that satisfies the original criteria (check the club's league history), or just start again."

(13)

CityAndColour - Canvey Island - 2013/14 - BSS

brand.gif

Final Table (2nd, lost in playoff semis)

Annoying. Started okay, stayed around the top all season, but while I had some patchy form over the final month, Welling won 10 of their last 11 to comfortably take the title. Injuries again crucified me in the last two months, so will have to start reducing training to light over the business end of the season I think.

Took an early 2-1 lead in the first semi against Farnborough, but ended up losing 5-3 on aggregate. Four headers from corners and a penalty (after a corner). Really bugging me too. I have my players set up to man mark at corners, which I figured was probably the best way to go at this level, but they just stand around and watch. The amount of chances created from set pieces was almost a game-breaker from me in FM11, and it doesn't look like it's any better, so if anyone has some effective tips let me know.

In fairness it is a young squad and my points total of 86 would have won the league the last two seasons (and most to be honest), so just need to bounce back and have another crack.

Cups

FA Cup - Lost at home to MK Dons in the first round. Well, was thrashed 1-6.

FA Trophy - Lost at Lewes in the 3rd Qualifying Round

Key Players

Jonson Clarke-Harris - Hit a hat-trick in the first game and then didn't score for another four, which summed up his season. Scored in bunches and had a few droughts, but 27 goals all up for a 19-year-old is pleasing. 3rd top scorer in the league.

Jack Blake - Played just behind the striker to great effect, although injury slowed him down after January.

Aaron Carter - Mr Bipolar. When he was good he was excellent, and a huge threat from set pieces, but was also responsible for the only two sub-5 rating performances of the season, which cost him three weeks of wages all up.

Jack Boyle - Tore the league apart down either flank with direct running and accurate crossing. Won the league player of the season award, and thanked me for it.

Next season...

Promotion. Could do with an extra ball-winner in midfield but otherwise I think I have the squad already

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012/13 - 9th Blue Square South

2013/14 - 2nd Blue Square South (lost in playoff semis)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIrxarB-m73szEDmKQum4x1CIxs7PPW0S-YvncjvoRHrnIba2WFQ

#41 - Bury Town Fc - Glenn Crane - 2013/2014 - End of Season Review - BSP - 9th

Fixtures 1 - 2 -3 Table

This season my main aim was to secure a mid table spot and maybe push for the play offs. I wanted to be ambitious in my thinking, and prehaps was more likely to find myself near the bottom of the table which is exactly the same way i felt last season.

But to sum up the season in one word would be INCONSITENCY.

My players at times looked like world beaters, and at other times looked like they belonged back in the BSN.

Some later signings in the season galvanized our squad and gave us a late unlikely push for the playoff spots, but once again a bit of inconsistentcy and a bit of hard luck saw us finish 6 points from the playoffs.

The team coped well with change again. With a whole host of changes during the season.

I do however feel that the squad i have assembled is good enough for promotion next season. Lets just see if they feel the same.

Summary

Here is the final Table

Position Graph

Transfers In/Out Pt2

Fixtures Pt1 Pt2 Pt3

Key Players

Zak Ansah - I can see the headlines now. Ansah is the Answer for Bury Town. He quite literally was. Consistent since he joined the club in Jan, he literally took center stage in everything he did. 17 goals in 21 apperances shows that this guy has all of the class and consistency to be a major player for the club. lets just hope he can perform this well for the whole of next season.

Cedric Baseya - Touted as my Marquee signing, albeit on a free transfer this guy has bags of talent, and even more potential. He may not have scored quite as many as i wanted, but he was more often than not the link man to many good attacking moves, and the one to play balls through to ansah who provided the finishing touch. Still 13 goals in a season is not bad by any standards.

Christian Baz - Started out as the man up top with baseya, until Ansah came in. Was my top scorer and was hard to move him to his (newly Trained) ML position. However once i did i didn't look back. His crossing into the box set up many a Ansah/Baseya goal, and he scored a fair few from his left wing position. Scoring 5 goals since i moved him to the left wing gave me an indication that this set up was the right one for the team. With baz, baseya, Ansah and Carpenter i have HUGE attacking threat and future potential.

Lee Carpenter - Another Jan transfer and another one who proved to be a huge player for the club. He didn't always have his name on the scoresheet or claim that many assists, but hsi contribution was vital. A good pass rate and a consistent average rating made this guy a key player for the club. He has bags of potential and i am dying to see what he can do given a full season at the club.

George Moncur - Last but not least in my list of key players is another Jan transfer signing. 6 assists in 16 games and a 78% passing rate were impressive enough, but his potential to become a leading League 1 Player has got me salivating at this young prospect. With these guys in my team i have a good feeling about next season.

Other News & Awards

Not much really - apart from my stadium move getting delayed to November.

Also the club put in 3 cash injections, and agreed to up my wage budget.

Next Seasons Aims

1. Promotion - I aim to finish in at least the playoffs but i really think that my squad is good enough to win this league.

2. Defence - You may notice no defenders were in the list. Corbin ong was unlucky not to make it, but he still has not been the most consistent player (6.99 AVG) but has been my best defender. Signed some better full backs and cover, but still have one of the worst rated defences in the league.

3. Finance - Keep myself in the black. Only reason i am at the moment is with the board providing 3 cash injections during the season.

4. Get Further in the FA Cup.

PS: Sorry this one is shorter than last, have less time and less to write about with my nearly Season.

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7222572#post7222572"]2012/13[/url]              Blue Square North                    2nd                        Playoff Winners
2013/14              Blue Square Premier                  9th                       9th Place, FA Cup 1st round (Oldham)

Table updated once again folks, usual plea!

Sooooo frustrated with Worksop. Might be restarting next season with a new team, but will keep the same game.

I would say stick with it, sometimes just one or 2 players can completely turn around a save thats going nowhere.

Really bad luck with Doyle, surprised you couldn't find a decent keeper its the one position i have least problem with, in fact i've signed 3 or 4 quality ones and need to get rid of 1 or 2 to free up some wages.

Archived