Crazy Canuck on Global Managerial Tour - This is the Big (FM12) One!!!

rancer890

Wanna get even more upset? You shouldn't be out. In the CONCACAF Champions League, away goals don't function as a tiebreaker in extra time. That match should have gone to penalties. It's an oversight from SI.

EDIT: http://www.concacaf.com/staticFiles/e6/71/0,,12813~160230,00.pdf

Section 2.3, Phase 3

And to add to that...I knew it was a bit weird that we lost on away goals in extra time. We played like crap but I was looking forward to penalties.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And Santa doesn't exist either.

:( lol noooo I'm gutted

Lol. Sucks (or does it) about the crash :)

It wasn't too bad, I didn't win all my games again but it wasn't that big of a deal considering the team is still firing on all cylinders.

Just hit a rough patch though because my best players are being recalled for Gold Cup and Copa America matches. :mad:

Just finished up my season (finally!!!) and will post it up in a few hours. And just putting this there, but the MLS Cup Final is tonight at 9 PM EST (no idea about the time over there in Europe. :D) and it'll be the Houston Dynamo vs the LA Galaxy.

Go Houston because I absolutely hate LA! The update will be up before the MLS Cup Final kickoff.

2015 Season Review - DC United - Major League Soccer

DCUnited.png

Eastern Conference Standings | Overall Standings | Fixtures 1 Fixtures 2 | Past Positions - We were close, but we couldn't finish the deal, and lost in the MLS Cup Final, 2-1 to San Jose.

CONCACAF Champions League 2014-2015 - We had a fantastic 2 legs against America (MEX), but we blew up in the 2nd leg of Semi-Final.

CONCACAF Champions League 2015-2016 - We started a new Champions League campaign with some solid results, and we won the group. The Puerto Rico Islanders and Morelia (Mexico) advance through Group D.

US Open Cup - I'm very excited about how well we did in this competition, and it's bittersweet to defeat my rivals in the Final.

Transfers - Once again, a lot of turnover, and here are my top 4 acquisitions:

4. Franco Iommi - The San Marino international is actually a pretty good MLS player. He helped out down the stretch.

3. Guillermo Alberto Ramirez - he was a fantastic free signing and I think he can be a fantastic player at DC United. I even signed him to a 5 year contract extension before the end of the season.

2. Lovemore Sadomba - a trade that went in our favour, Sadomba became a starter since the beginning of the season and didn't look back. He couldn't play in the final though due to injury.

1. Ashley Palmer - a free signing from Colorado, he was a rock at the back, and he's one of our best players.

Squad 1 Squad 2 - I think a couple tweaks, and we will bring a championship back to DC.

Team MVP - I'm going to call Predrag Jerinic, Mixx Diskerud, and Eric Johnson co-MVPs. Johnson seems like a walk for MVP but looking beyond the stats the other two were really important in the absence of Johnson on occasion.

Overview | Facilities | Finances | Affiliations

Goals:

- Win the MLS Cup and Supporters Shield. We were really close and if we're healthy and have our best players we should win.

- Win the CONCACAF Champions League.

Other:

- I think my first priority is to find a second Designated Player to take us over the top. Whether that player is a defender, or a attacking midfielder, or even a striker, I will be open to anyone as long as that player fits within the salary constraints.

Summary

Year Team Country League Position Notes and Info Attendance
2011 EC Santo André Brazil Série C 1st Promotion 2,599
2012 EC Santo André Brazil Série B 3rd Promotion 3,228
2013 EC Santo André Brazil Série A 15th N/A 5,437
2014 EC Santo André Brazil Série A N/A N/A -----
2014 DC United USA MLS 2nd US Open Cup Winners 17,930
2015 DC United USA MLS 2nd US Open Cup Winners 20,342

And with Garber talking about the DC United situation and RFK stadium situation ($2 million in rent a season!!!), I hope soccer stays in DC and they can have a solution with a new stadium. Never really liked the MLS teams playing in NFL stadiums.

Rough to fall just short against San Jose. You'll get them next year. Also, it's interesting to see that the Galaxy are also the dominant side in your game.

Also, how did you get the squad selection info to show up on the attributes screen?

Cheers ArsenalMetro. I really hated our performance against San Jose. Like the 2nd leg of the LA game, we didn't show up and like the MLS Cup this evening, San Jose were eventually going to get that go ahead goal. I wish we put up more of a fight because I knew we could have won with my best players (Eric Johnson didn't play due to suspension, and Korta had an injury).

And not sure about your question, I didn't really touch anything and this was all default. It might be a resolution thing, but maybe by looking at your screenshots it could be because you're in windowed mode.

2015 Awards - DC United - Major League Soccer

DCUnited.png

Recently, the USSF announced the winners and runners-up for the US Player of the Year and the US Young Player of the Year. DC United had some representation in both awards, with Eric Johnson winning the US Player of the Year, with Mikkel 'Mixx' Diskerud finishing second.

Former DC United player Andy Najar won the US Young Player of the Year award, with MLS rookie Lovemore Sadomba, who I believe was robbed and wasn't given any considering for the MLS Rookie of the Year, finishing second.

Recently asked about the accomplishments of his players, DC United manager Ricky Nakano was excited for the individual awards his players received. "I really excited that the USSF has recognized the individual achievements of 3 of our current players at DC United and I couldn't be happier for them. Johnson and Diskerud both took a big step forward in their development as footballers and Sadomba came to camp in shape and ready to win a spot in my starting XI from the beginning. He really impressed me in preseason friendlies to earn his spot and he never relinquished it throughout the season. He showed the composure and maturity of someone more than a player who just turned pro."

And asked about the disappointment of losing in the MLS Cup final in Kansas City and whether there will be struggles trying to get back to the final again, Nakano responded: "These players are part of a core group that I want to build around to eventually bring a championship back to the DC area for the fans for the 2015 season and beyond. I think the motivation from the loss stings with the coaching staff and the players in the dressing room and I want us to respond positively and hungry for trophies. The fans know we can win, with our back to back US Open Cup titles, but winning the MLS Cup and the CONCACAF Champions League are next on the list for us."

Player of the Year

1st: Eric Johnson (DC United)

2nd: Mikkel Diskerud (DC United)

3rd: Robbie Finley (Seattle)

US Young Player of the Year

1st: Andy Najar (San Jose)

2nd: Lovemore Sadomba (DC United)

3rd: Sean Cunningham (Malmo FF)

Congrats on the strong showing with the PotY!

Cheers Deisler. It's nice to see we got quality players at DC United, which makes me even more confident of my chances of succeeding here. :thup:

Congrats on another US Cup win but unlucky with losing to San Jose in the MLS Cup final!Hopefully next season will see you clinch the MLS title!

I hope so too. We were really close and I think this season we can break through.

Decent season rancer :thup:

Unlucky in the league and the Champions League, but nice to get revenge against Galaxy in the cup. Confident about fighting on three fronts again next season?

Well we face Mexican club Morelia in the Quarter-Finals in February...the rest of the draw

LA Galaxy vs Chivas

Seattle vs Cruz Azul

Vancouver vs Puerto Rico Islanders

Morelia vs DC United

They've been a midtable side so far, so perhaps we can catch them while they're on bad run.

My contract is expiring at the end of the season, but we'll see what happens. I want to win a Champions League in North America, Europe, Asia, and Africa so when I win the CONCACAF Champions League I'm not sure if there's much point (other than winning the MLS Cup) in staying. Personally I would fancy South Africa/China/South Korea after my time at DC United.

2016 MLS Superdraft and Supplemental Draft - DC United - Major League Soccer

DCUnited.png

Superdraft

Unlike last year, where we used the draft to restock our roster, this year, we won't be big players at the draft.

1st Round: No picks

We traded our first round pick in the Eddie Gaven trade with Sporting KC.

2nd Round:

18th pick- San Jose - Thabang Mavimbela - He was the best player left on the board.

We traded our own second round pick to reacquire Calistus Ncube from Sporting KC.

3rd Round:

14th pick - LA Galaxy - Christian Martinez - I think he will make the team, but not sure about his playing time.

17th pick - DC United - Greg Bailey - I think he can make the squad, but whether he gets some games in remains to be seen.

We acquired this pick for a 3rd string GK in Joe Orozco back in 2014.

2016 Grades:

Philadelphia: A+

Seattle: A+

Real Salt Lake: A+

Chivas USA: A+

DC United: A+

San Jose: A+

Colorado: A+

Portland: A

New York: A-

LA Galaxy: C+

Sporting KC: C+

Houston: C

Columbus: C

Chicago: C-

Toronto FC: E

Vancouver: E

New England: E

FC Dallas: E

No idea how we got A+ in that group we drafted.. :D

Supplemental Draft

It's highly unlikely the following 3 players will make the team but I'll give them a chance.

1st Round - Joe Ramirez - decent player but don't think he's good enough

2nd Round - Xaropinho - he was BPA

3rd Round - Ptah Taylor - I will admit, I drafted him because of his name...

I'm liking Thabang at centreback there. What is his star rating?

Not very high. 2-2.5 star potential (or somewhere around there). I'm not releasing him but we have Caldwell, Gilton, Ncube, Williams ahead of him. And Morales and Shanosky can also play centre back if need be. I really don't think this draft class will make as big as an impact as last year's draft class.

2016 Offseason Transfers - DC United - Major League Soccer

DCUnited.png

Transfers

Barely made any signings this off-season, only signing 2 players.

Marco Antonio De la Rosa - originally from the Chivas USA Academy, He has played for Real Salt Lake for 3 seasons, and a season with the LA Galaxy.

Emad Mostafa - this highly talented Egyptian played for one of the better clubs in Egypt and all of Africa in Ismaily, scoring 13 goals in 29 games in the 2015-2016 season before coming to play soccer in America in the nation's capital.

Pereira wanted DP salary, and with Mostafa on the team, I wasn't going to give him (or his agent) what they wanted so I got rid of him. It was also because I was over the foreigner limit and needed to get rid of a player, and he was the one. The other players were all fringe players and I wouldn't have played them even if they made the 30-man squad.

--------

CONCACAF Champions League

Quarter-Final

1st Leg: Morelia 0-3 DC United

2nd Leg: DC United 0-2 Morelia

Solid first leg but terrible second leg meant we had to hang on to hopefully advance, which we did.

Other scores:

LA Galaxy 2-5 Chivas

Seattle 2-3 Cruz Azul

Vancouver 7-3 Puerto Rico Islanders

Morelia 2-3 DC United

Semi-Final

1st Leg: Chivas 0-3 DC United

2nd Leg: TBD

Other scores:

Cruz Azul 0-0 Vancouver

Now hopefully we can finish the job in the 2nd leg. This club has a bad habit of chilling a bit too much in the 2nd leg of matches.

-----

I didn't play this save a lot (due to playing my Andorran youth challenge save...) but I'll try and stick with this till the end of the season at least.

Mixx Diskerud doesn't want a new contract, half my team is wanted, many players want a pay raise, the manager wants a pay raise. The chairman of course, said no. So I'm not going to agree to one till I get the salary I deserve. I'm sure they don't want me going on the pitch and pretending to sign a cheque do they? :mad:

Nice to see Vancouver doing well in the CONCACAF Champions League :)

Also, pulling a De Rosario probably won't win you many points ;)

But he won the MVP award this season! So surely he's justified a DP salary now. :D

TBF, I could a gigantic paycut to come to MLS (from $150,000 a season with a potential of getting $350,000 with EC Santo Andre, to a bit under $70,000 a season with DC United). The team made over $7 million in profit (this is even with the terrible leasing agreement the team has with RFK Stadium where we pay $2 million a season to play there) and there's over $20 million in the coffers...

Good luck in finishing the job,hopefully you can win CONCACAF Champions League this season :)

Cheers B.W.G. Hopefully all goes well in the 2nd leg...

A bit late - very late even - but: Belgium World Champs... :cool:

It's not a total shocker though. I mean, obviously it won't happen IRL, but Belgium does have a talented, young generation of players who have been under-performing IRL, so it's no surprise that they tend to do better in FM than in reality. :)

(They're not doing nearly as well in my game though.)

Nice progress in the career. Not too far away from real success with DC United, I'd say.

How's the MLS running in this version? I've been considering adding the league to my save later in the career, but the USA still seems to be the most active topic in the "League Specific Issues" section of the bugs forum, so I'm a bit wary.

A bit late - very late even - but: Belgium World Champs... :cool:

It's not a total shocker though. I mean, obviously it won't happen IRL, but Belgium does have a talented, young generation of players who have been under-performing IRL, so it's no surprise that they tend to do better in FM than in reality. :)

(They're not doing nearly as well in my game though.)

Nice progress in the career. Not too far away from real success with DC United, I'd say.

How's the MLS running in this version? I've been considering adding the league to my save later in the career, but the USA still seems to be the most active topic in the "League Specific Issues" section of the bugs forum, so I'm a bit wary.

Belgium are 3rd in the World Rankings. :D And have stayed consistently in the top 5 since 2014.

And actually, DC United haven't made the MLS Cup playoffs since 2007 to present IRL...so we're as far from the recent 'success' from DC United as we can get actually. :D

MLS has been vastly improved compared to previous versions. Mind there are some issues that need to fixed but nothing 'game breaking' as far as I'm concerned. I'm one of those who have posted in the 'League Specific Issues' so hopefully they will get fixed in the next patch.

Good luck with the final! That rental agreement with RFK is mental.

Cheers Deisler. And go figure. The team with the most MLS Championships might be moved to Baltimore. And I'll hate it if that happens. If they can build Nationals Ballpark and Fedex Field I think it's possible for them to build DC United Stadium and demolish RFK. It's not viable for the real life team to pay $2 million in rent when less than 20k go watch the team play. DC and New England need a SSS!!!

Cheers Deisler. And go figure. The team with the most MLS Championships might be moved to Baltimore. And I'll hate it if that happens. If they can build Nationals Ballpark and Fedex Field I think it's possible for them to build DC United Stadium and demolish RFK. It's not viable for the real life team to pay $2 million in rent when less than 20k go watch the team play. DC and New England need a SSS!!!

I totally agree. Who owns DC United?

I totally agree. Who owns DC United?

Will Chang is the chairman in the game. I don't follow DC United much IRL (maybe a little more when DeRo was there), but from a quick wiki check he also partly owns the San Francisco Giants. US sports don't always have local owners so they mostly don't really care where a team is located as long as they make enough profit....

June 28, 2016

192px-Galatasaray_Sports_Club_Logo.png

2016-2017 Season - Galatasaray S.K. - Spor Toto Super Lig

ISTANBUL - Galatasaray have formally introduced former EC Santo André and DC United manager Ricky Nakano as the new manager of the club. He has signed a 4 year contract until the end of June, 2020 with an annual wage of US$1.5 million. The Canadian-Hong Kong manager had recently guided DC United to the CONCACAF Champions League and had guided the club to a fantastic start in the MLS season.

"I'm very excited to become the new manager of Galatasaray," the Canadian exclaimed, "I believe that club has what it takes to get to the next level and challenge for the domestic title and in Europe. This is a big club with a lot of potential and I'm happy with what's ahead."

"I haven't had much of a chance to look at the squad and the staff at the club but in the next few days I will examine the club from top to bottom and get to work."

-------

I'm going to (try and) raid DC United for some staff and players... :D

My ass man, coach, and fitness coach all resigned when I left DC so I'm going to try and get them to come with me to Turkey. There's a lot of potential here but there's a strict foreigner limit so I will try and deal with it. Of course, I dealt with strict limits in Brazil and in MLS so this is nothing new.

Great win in teh CONCACAF Champions League! And interesting move to Turkey....I like it though. I think DC have had their time with you and now its time to move on. How's the Turkish league look?

Archived