Crazy Canuck on Global Managerial Tour - This is the Big (FM12) One!!!

rancer890

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is that good news or bad news? This means the strikers they picked are probably better than Chicharito!

They still got some solid real attacking players like Carlos Fierro and Gio and I think are still the best in CONCACAF. Last time we faced Mexico he was unstoppable.

2018-2019 Season Review - Galatasaray S.K. - Spor Toto Super Lig

192px-Galatasaray_Sports_Club_Logo.png

League Standings | Championship Standings | Fixtures 1 Fixtures 2 | Past Positions - We nearly threw the league title away in the last 3 games, needing 1 point to clinch, but thankfully we managed to get that one point in the end.

UEFA Champions League - we did well in the Group Stages but we lost to Lyon in the First Knockout Round.

Super Kupa - We defeated Fenerbahce easily in the Super Cup.

Turkiye Kupasi - Very disappointing that we got eliminated at the first hurdle we were in in the Turkish Cup.

Transfers - I'll just discuss the key ones:

Chris Reese - a very good young American right back, who managed to get capped by the USA this past season. The San Diego native has a lot of potential and hopefully we can bring the best out of him in the upcoming seasons and keep improving as a footballer.

Ferhat Acer - he didn't play a whole lot, but hopefully next season he will get a lot more playing time. He was capped once by Turkey in the pre-season, so I know he does have that potential.

Magaye Gueye - a fantastc debut season for him in Turkey. The fact that he rebuilt his value after a couple decent seasons at Napoli means that three clubs (Roma, Atletico Madrid, Sevilla) are after him. At the right price, I will sell him.

Alper Potuk - the now Fenerbahce player IRL (just transferred there a few days ago!) had a very good season for us. He's one player I want to keep for the next few seasons as we continue to become the best club we can be.

Squad 1 Squad 2 - A solid squad but does lack a bit of Turkish depth which I will try to add in the upcoming transfer window.

GK - Fernando Muslera

DR - Chris Reese

DC - Kemal Tokak

DC - Serdar Aziz

DL - Emilio Izaguirre | Alin Voicu

MR - Jiloan Hamad

MC - Alper Potuk

MC - Nikola Loncar | Rodney Strasser

ML - Magaye Gueye

ST - Sultan Demir

ST - Vasile Gavrila | Daniel Raboczki

Cim Bom's Young Guns:

DL - Ali Apaydin - very young and talented player who I hope will develop into a nice left back for us. Next season: another year in the U18s.

DC - Samet Eker - he has some very good physical skills and now needs some first team experience. Next season: Kartalspor

DM/MC - Ramazan Gultekin - he's developed nicely and is now ready for some first-team experience. Next season: Kartalspor

ST/AMC - Onur Comak - has some nice attributes but needs to continue developing.

DC - Mehmet Salihebi - he's developed alright although not sure of his ceiling. He's compared to Aziz at the club but we'll see...

ST - Huseyin Yagmur - a very bad season overall at feeder club Kartalspor, scoring one goal in 32 games, but I still have hope for him. Next season: A spot on the bench with GS (out of necessity...)

MR - Umit Ozan Aslan - I'm quite excited by what he might become so he's probably heading on loan to Kartalspor.

Team MVP - Jiloan Hamad because despite only being 2.5 stars, he had 10+ goals, and 20+ assists, and scored some key ones too.

Overview | Facilities | Finances | Affiliations

Goals:

- we will be the 6th best European nation next season so there will be 3 Champions League spots, where 2 teams are guaranteed to make it to the Group Stages while the 3rd best team go to the Best Placed Q3 round. It would be nice if we're not the only Turkish team in the Champions League Group Stages every year...

- much of the same next year, but hopefully an improved performance in the Champions League. We lacked a lot of depth this season, so during the knockout round some of our were really jaded because I didn't have a whole lot of Turkish players at the right positions. However, hopefully next season will be better and we get the depth we have to succeed at all fronts.

Summary

Year Team Country League Position Notes and Info Attendance
2011 EC Santo André Brazil Série C 1st Promotion 2,599
2012 EC Santo André Brazil Série B 3rd Promotion 3,228
2013 EC Santo André Brazil Série A 15th N/A 5,437
2014 EC Santo André Brazil Série A N/A N/A -----
2014 DC United USA MLS 2nd US Open Cup Winners 17,930
2015 DC United USA MLS 2nd US Open Cup Winners 20,342
2016 DC United USA MLS N/A CONCACAF CL Winners ------
2016-2017 Galatasaray Turkey Super Lig 1st Double + EL Finalists 45,556
2017-2018 Galatasaray Turkey Super Lig 1st Domestic Title 47,602
2018-2019 Galatasaray Turkey Super Lig 1st Domestic Title 48,775

Easy! :cool:

Unlucky in the Champions League though, if you build on your squad you should be better next year! :thup:

Not easy near the end. We needed 1 point to clinch the title after 3 games in the Championship Group and we just barely did it. We nearly choked the title away. :o

I think our starting XI matches up with the best teams in the Champions League, but the team has to be better. Most of the squad was jaded at the end of the season because of the lack of Turkish players, which meant they more or less had to play in every game.

Total domination now in Turkey :thup:. You obviously rate Jiloan Hamad a lot higher than your scouts do...a fine season for assists and goals from the right winger. It's been a while since I've managed in Europe but I always thought Stancu was an up and coming star? I had him in FM07/08 and he was a scoring machine for me.

Total domination now in Turkey :thup:. You obviously rate Jiloan Hamad a lot higher than your scouts do...a fine season for assists and goals from the right winger. It's been a while since I've managed in Europe but I always thought Stancu was an up and coming star? I had him in FM07/08 and he was a scoring machine for me.

Stancu isn't bad, as you can see here. It's just that Gavrila and Raboczki are better than him and with the foreign restrictions I had that meant that Stancu wasn't chosen in the matchday squad unless one of the two foreign ST I had were injured.

2018-2019 End of Season News - Galatasaray S.K. - Spor Toto Super Lig

League Reputation: Spor Toto Super Lig is now the

6th best league in Europe, surpassing Russia.

Club Coefficients: Up 5 spots to 14th

League Coefficients: We moved into 6th spot ahead of Ukraine, which means we got an extra Champions League group stage spot!

I always hate ******* away a good season in the final few games. I think I've gotten better...might have been a reputation thing. Congrats on overcoming it! :0

I know eh? I would explode if we blew that last game against Fenerbahce. Good thing it didn't happen. :D

Well done on another league title.

The Champions League dream of playing the final at your home ground didn't quite happen though. Looks like a decent show from all the Turkish sides in Europe next season could easily put the Turkish Super Lig above the French Ligue 1 :)

2019-2020 Season Preview - Galatasaray S.K. - Spor Toto Super Lig

Media Prediction: 1st

Spor Toto Super Lig Expectations: Title Challenge (I want to win it!)

Turkiye Kupasi Expectations: Be competitive (I want to win it!)

UEFA Champions League Expectations: Reach Group Stage (Aim for the Quarter-Finals)

TV Revenue: $21.59 million

Transfer Budget: $57.57 million

Wage Budget: $94 million (currently spending $50,846,932)

And thanks everyone! Hopefully we can attract some players who wouldn't have otherwise thought about coming to Turkey. :)

Unfortunately, getting to the top 5 might be a bit of trouble as we would need Besiktas and Fenerbahce (and some of the other clubs) to start getting some results in Europe because we can't do this on our own. We had 5 clubs in the Europa League group stage, but only one or two of them advanced to the knockout rounds.

Media Prediction: 1st

Spor Toto Super Lig Expectations: Title Challenge (I want to win it!)

Turkiye Kupasi Expectations: Be competitive (I want to win it!)

UEFA Champions League Expectations: Reach Group Stage (Aim for the Quarter-Finals)

TV Revenue: $21.59 million

Transfer Budget: $57.57 million

Wage Budget: $94 million (currently spending $50,846,932)[/left]

Good work so far. You've got lots of fianances to work with both in trasnfers and wages, how's your club in terms of attracting other players?

Canadian National Soccer Team - 2019 Gold Cup

Csa_logo.png

CONCACAFGoldCupOverview_Stages.png

Group Stage games:

Bermuda 1-3 Canada

Canada 0-2 Mexico

Canada 4-1 Panama

A solid group stage and we did what was expected: We beat Bermuda and Panama, and lost to Mexico.

CONCACAFGoldCupOverview_Stages-2.png

Quarter-Finals

Canada 4-1 Guatemala

Another solid match against Guatemala. We controlled the game throughout and I didn't think we were going to lose this one.

Semi-Finals

Canada 0-2 Mexico

Despite some adjustments, we did a lot better against Mexico the second time around but we had the same result with a 2-0 loss which ended our run in the Gold Cup. We just couldn't contain Carlos Fierro in the 2 games.

---

Up next, are some friendlies before WCQ starts. Not sure if we start in the Second Phase or Third Phase but we'll be ready to attempt to qualify for 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

Good work so far. You've got lots of fianances to work with both in trasnfers and wages, how's your club in terms of attracting other players?

We can't really acquire players from the bigger clubs unless the player in question is usually transfer-listed and wants to just leave for anywhere, so we utilize the smaller European leagues to acquire players as well as North America. I scout South America but I don't really acquire anyone from there.

Unlucky in the Gold Cup, it will always be tough when you have nations like USA and Mexico in with you.

Cheers mate, but it's hard every year. I can bank on the US losing to someone every now and then but not Mexico. :D

Tough draw against Mexico in the Gold Cup. Glad that it was a better showing than in the group stages though.

I guess the only good thing to come out of it was that we didn't need to face Mexico till the Semi's at a minimum since we were in the same group.

After that terrible run in the last WCQ this was our first real test against CONCACAF opposition and I thought we did really well. Of course, I would have loved to face Honduras or Jamaica to see how we compare to them but that opportunity won't come till the Third Phase of WCQ at a minimum.

Just got to crack Europe. And then the world. Easy peasy.

Hopefully Nobby. :)

I've just signed a 3 year contract extension with GS until June 2023 worth $3.6 million a year, more than doubling the current $1.5 million yearly wage I've been earning at the club.

2019-2020 Offseason Transfers - Galatasaray S.K. - Spor Toto Super Lig

Transfers

We didn't sign a whole lot of players, but these were the only ones I could get at the right price. And they're all Turkish, because there's no point signing foreigners which such strict guidelines that I probably can't play them much.

Jem Karacan - a player who I've wanted for a while and happy to get him now

Yasin Yildiz - a free signing from RB Leipzig who will be a depth player and rotate with Gueye

Sadettin Kapucu - a very talented goalkeeper who I've been tracking for a couple seasons. His release clause is only $4.8 million so hopefully this can be re-negotiated in a few months to a more market value amount. He'll give us a proven option alongside Muslera, who's contract is expiring at the end of the season, and someone I want to keep at the club, if his agent wants to be fair in the negotiations.

Hakan Selvi - a young centre back acquired from a 2.Lig club who's already capped for the U19s at 16 years old! A low risk, high reward signing given the fact I only paid $120k.

Leaving the club were longtime GS players Stancu and Tekdemir. Stancu went back home to Romania with CFR Cruj while Tekdemir signed with Orduspor. I managed to acquire another feeder in Super Lig club Boluspor and sent Sahin there, who's in the last year of his contract. Three of my youngsters went down to Kartalspor, now in the 2.Lig and hopefully they do better than Yagmur last season.

Also happy to sell Chandler to another club, although I only got $1.5 million + 50% of next transfer clause and I'm paying him $1.2 million this season.

Staff

Three new members joined our staff this past summer:

Physio Ilker Aribas

Youth Coach and former GS player Selcuk Inan

Youth Coach and former GS player Sabri Sarioglu

Inan and Sarioglu have been longtime GS players and I'm happy that they're staying with the club as part of the coaching staff.

Contract Extensions

Sultan Demir and Vasile Gavrila have both signed 5 year contract extensions until June 2024. Their previous contracts were set to expire in 2021. Both are very good players and I want them to stay at GS.

Demir has more or less the same terms but with an increased appearance fee/goal bonus, as well as a 15% yearly wage rise, and Gavrila got a minor increase in this season's salary, with a 15% yearly wage rise and a minor increase in both appearance fee and goal bonus. Both are still on very controllable wages and give us flexibility (well tbf, we're only spending $47 million in player salaries with a $94 million budget :D! Although with the current situation that we still have a loan to pay off, this club will lose money if we're around the $60-$70 million mark) for a couple high earners.

--------------

UEFA Champions League

Group Stages

Groups A-C

Groups D-F

Groups G-H

It's a good group overall. It definitely could have been worse! Real Madrid will obviously pose the biggest threat for us but we might have been in Group B or H so I'll take it!

For some reason (I have no idea what that reason is) I absolutely love FC Kobenhavn, everything about them!

Good luck this season, not much money has been spent which is a first for someone on these boards! :D

Cheers HC, but we're going to try and beat Kobenhavn. :D (although one of Canada's best players, Atiba Hutchinson played for them so I kinda like the club too!)

And it's not that I don't want to spend, it's that I want to spend market value and some Turkish players are just way too overpriced from what my scouts have been saying!

I've also noticed the average age at the club is 22! So I don't think we will challenge for the Champions League in the next couple years until my key players start entering their prime years. We have a lot of youth in Reese, Voicu, Demir, Gravila, Kapucu, and my GS youth products who based on potential are really good and hopefully we can keep this core together and make a serious run in a couple years.

And on the domestic player bias front, we're now at 65% which is exactly league average. I also didn't spend money because if I was going to spend some serious money, it would be on a foreign player who can take us over the top in Europe.

Cheers HC, but we're going to try and beat Kobenhavn. :D (although one of Canada's best players, Atiba Hutchinson played for them so I kinda like the club too!)

And it's not that I don't want to spend, it's that I want to spend market value and some Turkish players are just way too overpriced from what my scouts have been saying!

I've also noticed the average age at the club is 22! So I don't think we will challenge for the Champions League in the next couple years until my key players start entering their prime years. We have a lot of youth in Reese, Voicu, Demir, Gravila, Kapucu, and my GS youth products who based on potential are really good and hopefully we can keep this core together and make a serious run in a couple years.

And on the domestic player bias front, we're now at 65% which is exactly league average. I also didn't spend money because if I was going to spend some serious money, it would be on a foreign player who can take us over the top in Europe.

I've always thought building a young side is the best way to go!

You don't have to spend much and you can make some great profit when they get around 27 years old where you can sell them at their peak! :D

Canadian National Soccer Team - 2019 Friendlies

Csa_logo.png

Sorry for lack of updates firstly, I have been busy with various things, including my virtual life (Sims 3 :D), my real life (school), and Korean dramas (My Princess fyi. I still have several more to go! Which hopefully is only another week or two of watching before I'm up to date :p)

Anyways, onto more FM related news with Team Canada!~

All of the following matches are friendlies and thus end the 2019 season:

August 14 - Guadeloupe 0-3 Canada

September 7 - US Virgin Islands 0-1 Canada

September 11 - Singapore 0-3 Canada

October 12 - Honduras 1-3 Canada

November 16 - Canada 2-1 Northern Ireland

November 20 - Canada 2-1 Latvia

I was very excited about our results here. I was shocked when Junior Hoilett somehow disappeared from my national team when I found out he actually retired from international football! However, as you can see from the screenshots, I managed to persuade him to unretire from the national team and he made an impact in the final 3 friendlies. I think we're getting a lot better as a team from these friendlies and it's a positive sign heading into the 3rd Phase of WCQ

2022 World Cup CONCACAF Qualifying - Third Phase

Group 1 - Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico, Trinidad & Tobago

Group 2 - Bermuda, Guatemala, Honduras, USA

Group 3 - Canada, Costa Rica, Curacao, St. Vincent & the Grenadines

It's a favourable group compared to the other ones. So hopefully we do what's needed of us and advance to the Hex. WCQ is in the latter half of the year so the first half of the year will be more friendlies to prepare us for the competitive matches.

--

If I think I'm playing the game too slowly, I might start posting mid-season updates. :)

Some good results with Canada :thup:. I'm surprised Hoilett changed his mind, I've never seen anyone change their mind on FM regarding retirement.

Looks like a good group too. Qualification should be certain.

Some good results with Canada :thup:. I'm surprised Hoilett changed his mind, I've never seen anyone change their mind on FM regarding retirement.

Looks like a good group too. Qualification should be certain.

Cheers Raware. I wasn't very hopeful that Hoilett would unretire but he's only entering the prime of his football career, and I had or more nothing to lose...Hoilett is by far our best player in the national pool and without him we would struggle.

Qualification from this group is a must. There's some unfinished business to take care of...

Costa Rica might be a minor challenge, but I dont see you losing any of your matches!

With the performances I've seen in international friendlies, we're going to go out and win this Third Phase.

How can Sims prioritize FM? :D

Sims 3 and FM are equals. They take a back seat to my coursework and kdramas. :D

Doing great with the Canadian national team!

Cheers dkpark! Perhaps we should play some competitive fixtures at Saputo Stadium instead of BMO...because we are certainly doing a lot better there!

Cheers dkpark! Perhaps we should play some competitive fixtures at Saputo Stadium instead of BMO...because we are certainly doing a lot better there!

Do it! Play in Montreal! Toronto is NOT the center of the universe.

Do it! Play in Montreal! Toronto is NOT the center of the universe.

It's the centre of the hockey universe though. ;)

Sadly, it's out of my control because I don't even want to play at BMO for all competitive matches. It's Team Canada, not Team Toronto. Some games at BC Place, Commonwealth Stadium, the new Winnipeg stadium, Saputo and even Olympic Stadium would be nice...

Vancouver is, have some friends from there so knew all about the Canucks.

Canucks...eh. I live in Vancouver, but am a transplant from Edmonton. Oilers all the way! ;)

Good on you for getting Holliet back out of international retirement. He ended up on the World Cup Team of the Year in my game.

Archived