Crazy Canuck on Global Managerial Tour - This is the Big (FM12) One!!!

rancer890

Habs suffering = Me happy! :D

Keep worrying about finding a Francophone head coach over a winning head coach, les Habitants! :)

I think I might start doing mid-season updates, haven't had much time to play FM this week but I'll have some time near the end of the week (my weekend starts early Thursday afternoon every week :D).

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2019-2020 Midseason Update - Galatasaray S.K. - Spor Toto Super Lig

192px-Galatasaray_Sports_Club_Logo.png

Standings - a bit past halfway through the season (40 games including the Championship Group ones) and we find ourselves narrowly in first place. The season has gone well so far and hopefully we can keep this up.

Squad - A very good starting XI I would say, and I think this squad can match up with everyone, although it's a bit on the small side.

Our three main strikers, Demir, Gavrila, and Raboczki are doing well. The back line I believe is a very good mix of Turkish and foreign players. Kapucu has performed above expectations, and call me crazy but I gave Muslera an increase in salary from his $7.5 million pay packet, and tacked on an extra year with a $250,000 wage increase to $7.75 million. If the Montreal Canadiens can spend over $7 million on a guy with no goals and 4 assists this season, why can't I on a player with the same offensive prowess him? Muslera even has an assist this season! ;)

Additionally, if we have problems at the club, money certainly isn't one of them, as the owner will be very proud I cut salary in cut from over $80 million in player salaries when I joined the club, to around $47 million right now. We currently have over $104 million in the bank.

Champions League

We did well in the Group Stages, finishing second to Real Madrid in our group, and ahead of Kobenhavn and Dinamo. We will be facing Arsenal in the 1st Knockout Round. Hopefully we do well.

Transfers

I got rid of Guillermo Alberto Ramirez, who brought to the club from my former employers DC United, to Genoa for $5 million. He wasn't playing much and I was happy to receive the fee for him. Good luck to him in Italy.

Huseyin Yagmur (my 2017 youth product) also is going on loan to Serbian club Indijija. He wasn't playing at GS, and he'll be a starter in Serbia. If it goes well we can send him back there for a full season of development.

Still going well KUTGW!

Cheers Flamers. :)

Great start in the league, the games against Arsenal should be good.

How did you do against Madrid?

We drew at home to Madrid 2-2 (despite holding a 2-0 lead in the 80th minute :mad:) and lost at the Bernabeu 4-1.

As for the Gunners, we beat them at home 2-1 and got a draw at the Emirates meaning we're going to the Quarter-Finals against a TBD opponent. :D

So far so good,hope you can keep that form up :)

Cheers B.W.G. The second half of the season has been well, although I'm not done the 'regular season' yet, so we haven't wrapped up the league title by any means.

2019-2020 Season Review - Galatasaray S.K. - Spor Toto Super Lig

League Standings | Championship Standings | Fixtures 1 Fixtures 2 | Past Positions - A solid season in which we nearly threw the title away, but managed to win the last few games when it mattered.

UEFA Champions League - we did well in our Group, finishing 2nd behind Real Madrid. We did a really good job getting past Arsenal and Barca but we couldn't defeat PSG over 2 legs and got eliminated at the Semi-Final.

Super Kupa - We won the Super Cup against Besiktas, 3-2.

Turkiye Kupasi - We finally won the Turkish Cup again, easily winning 3-0, and not giving up a goal the entire competition.

Transfers - All were depth signings, and they performed as I expected them to.

Jem Karacan - He did well in the games he played, and did what was expected of him

Yasin Yildiz - he has his faults, but he blended into the squad well and contributed when he played

Sadettin Kapucu - he become the new starting 'keeper at the club (partly because he's Turkish) and for the most part he played very well. He did have some bad games however.

Squad 1 Squad 2 - A good squad that will get better as the nucleus gets older and has more match experience at a high level.

GK - Sadettin Kapucu | Fernando Muslera

DR - Chris Reese

DC - Kemal Tokak

DC - Serdar Aziz

DL - Alin Voicu | Emilio Izaguirre

MR - Jiloan Hamad

MC - Alper Potuk | Jem Karacan

MC - Nikola Loncar | Rodney Strasser

ML - Magaye Gueye | Yasin Yildiz

ST - Sultan Demir

ST - Vasile Gavrila | Daniel Raboczki

Cim Bom's Top Prospects:

1. Samet Eker - he's the closest of the prospects to getting a serious look on the matchday squad. If all goes well after one year at Kartalspor and getting consistent first team football, he can contribute to the senior team.

2. Ramazan Gultekin - He's not ready now, but perhaps another season of 1st team football with Kartalspor will get him closer.

3. Ali Apaydin - I will be happy if he becomes a squad player for GS. He improved while at Kartalspor and another season there would help him because he's not going to play much with the senior squad

4. Onur Comak - has decent attributes but not sure if he'll become a GS squad player.

5. Huseyin Yagmur - would be higher if he wasn't injured so much. One decent injury away from being labelled 'injury prone' and not having his contract renewed.

Team MVP - Our 3 headed monster (Demir, Gavrila, and Raboczki) deserve this honour for their performances this past season. Demir was 1 assist away from joining the 20/20 club.

Worst Game Ever - Besiktas 6-0 Galatasaray - terrible effort all around. Not sure what happened. And losing to a close rival was very disappointing.

Overview | Facilities | Finances | Affiliations

Goals:

- I rejected Man Utd again, although this time it was because the Glazers are asking me to take a $600k paycut. I thought long and hard, but I still said no. I don't want to manage there. Unfortunately, the one job I wanted that had an opening at the end of the season (Stuttgart), the board hired the now former manager of Bursaspor. :mad:

- it's unlikely I will renew my contract after 2023 unless we can win Champions League before then (or make the Final). The one job I would apply for is Barca. If Guardiola becomes the next manager of Spain after the end of the Euro 2020, I will apply for the Barca job. It's one job I've always wanted but never had the chance in a career game.

Team Needs:

1. Turkish right back

2. Turkish right midfielder

3. A left midfielder who might be better than Gueye

Summary

Year Team Country League Position Notes and Info Attendance
2011 EC Santo André Brazil Série C 1st Promotion 2,599
2012 EC Santo André Brazil Série B 3rd Promotion 3,228
2013 EC Santo André Brazil Série A 15th N/A 5,437
2014 EC Santo André Brazil Série A N/A N/A -----
2014 DC United USA MLS 2nd US Open Cup Winners 17,930
2015 DC United USA MLS 2nd US Open Cup Winners 20,342
2016 DC United USA MLS N/A CONCACAF CL Winners ------
2016-2017 Galatasaray Turkey Super Lig 1st Double + EL Finalists 45,556
2017-2018 Galatasaray Turkey Super Lig 1st Domestic Title 47,602
2018-2019 Galatasaray Turkey Super Lig 1st Domestic Title 48,775
2019-2020 Galatasaray Turkey Super Lig 1st Domestic Double 49,221

Phew, 3 weeks between end of season updates! Don't like how busy real life is. :(

Not a bad start to the season :thup: and goals seem to be flowing. Although giving Muslera the pay rise that you have...are you crazy?! ;)

Just a bit. :D

The salary of the whole squad is less than US$50 million, so even with Muslera's big salary it's not much to me and something I don't mind paying. Judging from the profit we made we certainly could afford it! He's less than 300 days to being eligible for Turkish citizenship as well so that's the other reason I wanted to resign him.

2020 Offseason Update (pre-July 1) - Galatasaray S.K. - Spor Toto Super Lig

European Club Rankings: 8th (up 6 spots)

European National Rankings: 7th (down 1) - we will be yoyo-ing with Ukraine every year, although it would be nice if the other Turkish clubs start doing something in Europe.

European League Rankings: 6th/3.5 star (no change) - Ukrainian league is 10th/3star.

Turkish Club Rankings: 2nd (3 star) - despite another terrible year by Fenerbahce and another league title for us, the game has decided we still​ do not deserve 3.5 star status. We've only won 4 consecutive titles... :rolleyes:

Other news:

• Our affiliatiion with 2.Bundesliga club Aachen has been terminated. We will look for new one asap, preferably a club of similar reputation or a bit lower in a big football country (England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain) to serve as a stepping stone to becoming a squad player at GS.
  • We've pulled out of the reserve league. It's something we don't need. We have feeder clubs so that's where we'll send our players to get first team football.

Media Prediction: 1st

TV Rights: $24.44 million

Spor Toto Super Lig Expectations: Win it!

Turkiye Kupasi Expectations: Be competitive

UEFA Champions League Expectations: Reach Group Stage

Transfer Budget: $68.2 million

Wage Budget: $94 million (currently spending $49,964,762)

Wow, a few seasons of solid results in Europe has really catapulted you up the club rankings. Quite an achievement to see a Turkish side above both Milan teams, Bayern Munich and the mighty Liverpool :D
Well, both Milan teams and Bayern Munich anyway ;)

Cheers guys! Although I do expect the coefficient to slightly go down because a couple of those high numbers were from the Europa League. I don't think we're a first seed this year though (since Marseille won the Champions League). But it's great to see how far I've taken this club to. :)

Superb work in Turkery. Good luck with the new season :thup:.

Cheers SRL88. The average age at the squad is now up to 24 so if there's any year to start going for it, this is the year...

2020 UEFA European Championship

IMG_europeanchampionship.jpg

Hosts: Belgium

Group Stages

[font=courier new]                 Group A                                             Group B                 [/font]
[font=courier new]                P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts                                  P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts[/font]
[font=courier new]1st Germany     3  2  1  0  5  2   7                  1st Portugal     3  3  0  0  7  1   9[/font]
[font=courier new]2nd Italy       3  1  2  0  5  4   5                  2nd Netherlands  3  2  0  1  9  5   6[/font]
[font=courier new]3rd Poland      3  1  0  2  5  5   3                  3rd Bosnia & H.  3  0  1  2  3  6   1[/font]
[font=courier new]4th Wales       3  0  1  2  5  9   1                  4th Ireland      3  0  1  2  1  8   1[/font]

[font=courier new]                  Group C                                             Group D[/font]
[font=courier new]                P  W  D  L  F  A  PTS                                  P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts[/font]
[font=courier new]1st Spain       3  3  0  0  6  0   9                  1st Ukraine      3  2  1  0  4  2   7[/font]
[font=courier new]2nd Scotland    3  2  0  1  6  5   6                  2nd Russia       3  1  1  1  3  4   4[/font]
[font=courier new]3rd France      3  1  0  2  3  4   3                  3rd Belarus      3  1  0  2  3  3   3[/font]
[font=courier new]4th Macedonia   3  0  0  3  0  6   0                  4th Turkey       3  1  0  2  3  4   3[/font]

[font=courier new]                  Group E                                             Group F[/font]
[font=courier new]                P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts                                  P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts[/font]
[font=courier new]1st Norway      3  3  0  0  6  2   9                  1st Serbia       3  3  0  0  6  3   9[/font]
[font=courier new]2nd Bulgaria    3  1  1  1  4  4   4                  2nd Greece       3  2  0  1  7  3   6[/font]
[font=courier new]3rd Slovakia    3  1  0  2  3  3   3                  3rd England      3  1  0  2  5  6   3[/font]
[font=courier new]4th Belgium     3  0  1  2  4  8   1                  4th Denmark      3  0  0  3  1  7   0[/font]

Knockout Stage

UEFAEuropeanFootballChampionshipOverview_Stages-1.png

Final - Germany 3-0 Portugal

Awards

Best Player - Vladimir Weiss (Slovakia), Jack Wilshere (England), Barry Richardson (England)

Golden Boot - Francisco Meneses (Portugal), Johnny Russell (Scotland), Militiadis Vasilantonopoulos (Greece)

Dream Team

2020-2021 Offseason Transfers - Galatasaray S.K. - Spor Toto Super Lig

Transfers

Yeah, you can stop rubbing your eyes now, we did spend a lot, very uncharacteristic of me but couldn't help it. :D

Yusuf Eren - with me losing a little faith in Huseyin Yagmur, I signed this player who I think has good potential to be a solid squad player at GS. He's still very young so there's lots of room to grow.

Calin Kosak - he's a player we've wanted for nearly 3 years now, and it's nice we've finally got him. This does mean Gueye (who's still at the club) won't play as much but I want as much depth as possible this season, and this addition gives us a lot of different options

Baris Kazanci - is he worth the amount of money I paid to get him? But sure beats paying $25 million for Kazanci's services than paying $25 million to shareholders!!!

Mesut Ozil - I was very excited after a somewhat long process to confirm this signing on a free transfer from the longtime Real Madrid midfielder. I was even more excited when I got support of this signing from GS legends and fans alike. The expected additional jersey sales revenue would be massive help as well. He won't necessarily be a focal point at the club, and he won't be a regular starter, but he will give us much needed depth and another attacking option. At only a one year contract worth $5.5 million, he's definitely worth the risk for one season.

Leaving the club were either youth players that didn't make the cut, or fringe players. I sent 7 youngsters out on loan to Sakaryaspor and Kartalspor so hopefully they get good first team experience. This year I think we got the depth to seriously compete.

Contract Extensions

I resigned Sadettin Kapucu to a new 5 year contract, doubling his salary from $2.2 million a season to $4.4 million, and most importantly, increasing his minimum release clause from $4.9 million to $25 million as Villarreal were interested in his services.

--------------

UEFA Champions League

Group Stages

Groups A-C

Groups D-F

Groups G-H

It's a bit of a challenge, but I think we're up for it. We're a #1 seed. :)

Wow, Portugal totally fell apart in extra-time of the Euros final!!

Some great signings there; getting Ozil is a bit of a coup too, as someone with his reputation would usually only sign for a top team. Surely, another sign of the great progress you're making :thup:

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers guys. I need a new laptop before I start a new save though...last year it was some XML file mixup but this time the HD died so time to go laptop shopping...

I'll post up a new thread after everything settles down a bit (have a new idea for a save already).

Was catching up with the read here, only to find out the save has died! Quite a shame, not just because how frustrating it must be (haven't had a save dying in years, but wasn't fun when it happened), but also because you were developing your career very nicely and surely were on the way to making a big impact on the european stage with Galatasaray. Reaching the CL semis was very good anyway.

Good luck for the next save, I see you have a thread running already.

Archived