rancer890's FM12 Small Club to Big Club Asian Challenge

Welcome to the 5th season of rancer890's FM12 Small Club to Big Club Asian Challenge! From the humble beginnings in FM08 to now, I would like to firstly thank everyone who participated in my challenge throughout the years to get this challenge to where it is today. Now like FM10 and FM11, you can now manage all across Asia with the inclusion of the competitions editor. Like all the other Small Club to Big Club Challenges (dafuge's, LLR/rlipscombe/iacovone, Razer's), your goal is to take a previously unplayable team in Asia and guide them Champions of Asia and Champions of the world. It was a bit of a down year in the FM11 thread so hopefully there is increased interest in the FM12 thread.

The Aim

To take a small club who where previously unplayable in the game from the lower leagues to win a Domestic title, the Asian Champions League, the Club World Championship. You will also have the option to venture into international management to lead your selected nation to global glory once you have achieved the first three accomplishments stated above.

The setup:

Leagues you are allowed to use, and the reputation of the highest tier league of the specified country (values accurate as of FM11 and subject to change once FM12 is released):

• Australia - 105
  • Bahrain - 62
  • China - 94
  • Hong Kong - 37
  • India - 37
  • Indonesia - 60
  • Iran - 98
  • Iraq - 62
  • Japan - 118
  • Jordan - 60
  • Kuwait - 72
  • Lebanon - 52
  • Malaysia - 42
  • Maldives - 29
  • Oman - 55
  • Qatar - 95
  • Saudi Arabia - 113
  • Singapore - 47
  • South Korea - 110
  • Syria - 65
  • Thailand - 63
  • United Arab Emirates - 102
  • Uzbekistan - 80
  • Vietnam - 49
  • Yemen - 44

Please note that Australia, Singapore, and South Korea (and few more of the new leagues I think) don't have relegation/promotion. Australia and Singapore have one tier, while there will eventually be a relegation spot in the K-League to the N-League (depends how SI codes promotion/relegation in South Korea this year). If you decide to try those leagues, holiday a year and then you must take over the team with the worst record in the lowest playable league with a promotion spot to the top tier in the specific country. Or in South Korea's case, holiday until there's promotion/relegation and choose the team with the worst record that's not Gwangju (because they are the military team and therefore can only load players). In Singapore there are several satellite clubs (like Beijing (S)) and Etiole FC who are not eligible for the ACL, so therefore you cannot manage them. In Australia, I think you can still get to the ACL with the Wellington Phoenix in FM so if they're the worst after the first season you can take over after the first season.

XML Files

These will be added once I find some files (or make them myself which is highly unlikely. At most the only one I'll make is China)...mainly the needed ones are in West Asia. You cannot use an xml file without telling me about it first however in this thread.

Please add these files to the following directory -> My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/editor data

If the folder doesn't exist, just create a new one. And then just start a new game as usual.

• Japan - link - start with one of the worst Regional League 1 teams but this file has no players. And click here for the real Japanese leagues db with real players and realistic league structure. LINK DOESN'T WORK
  • Japan - link
  • Various Asian leagues - link - Iranian league is available!

Getting Started

Load a game with all available divisions in your selected nation (NOTE: I will also allow other leagues to be loaded but they can only be view only. From personal experience it does get a bit too easy with only one league and view only will give you a few more players to choose from. But nonetheless I will allow this option. If you go through with this option you still must load the starting date in the country you want to initially complete the challenge in)

Large database is recommended (Medium and small are allowed though)

Attribute masking must be enabled.

Add yourself as unemployed manager, and then go on holiday until the league reset-date.

You are allowed to use fake players if you wish.

You can load players from any continent.

League reset dates (Accurate as of FM11)

• Australia - not applicable
  • Bahrain
  • China - January 20th
  • Hong Kong - August 1st
  • India - July 15th
  • Indonesia - June 1st
  • Iran
  • Iraq
  • Japan - January 20th
  • Jordan
  • Kuwait
  • Lebanon
  • Malaysia - December 14th
  • Maldives - November 20th
  • Oman
  • Qatar
  • Saudi Arabia - July 10th
  • Singapore - not applicable
  • South Korea - December 27th
  • Syria
  • Thailand
  • United Arab Emirates - July 20th
  • Uzbekistan - January 15th
  • Vietnam - December 19th
  • Yemen

And then retire your manager. Create a new manager and his reputation must be set at Sunday league footballer, or Automatic if you can't find the Sunday league footballer option. Your manager nationality is up to you.

Take over one of the newly promoted club(s) in your selected nation. Check the club's history of league positions, it should be blank. It doesn't really matter which club you choose, although some club are easier than others.

It is now up to you to lead your team to domestic and Champions League glory. This is, however, a bit different than Dafuge's, Gundo's, or JoseRR's Challenge. It's something that I always felt gives the player a bit more to push on through because it really does push you to try and be the best in the world. There is an international element to this challenge. Like last year, there is a domestic challenge only version and the original domestic/international challenge component.

Domestic Challenge

1. Take your club to Domestic Glory. Take over a newly promoted club and win your domestic league. Cups don't matter. Step 1 done.
  2. Take your club to Continental Glory. Win the Asian Champions League. Step 2 done.
  3. Take your club to Global Glory. Win the Club World Championship. Challenge complete.

Domestic and International Challenge

1. Take your club to Domestic Glory. Take over a newly promoted club and win your domestic league. Cups don't matter. Step 1 done.
  2. Take your club to Continental Glory. Win the Asian Champions League. Step 2 done.
  3. Take your club to Global Glory. Win the Club World Championship. Step 3 done.
  4. Take your country to Global Glory. Win your Regional Tournament and the World Cup. Challenge complete.

For those who only want to do the domestic challenge, only steps 1 to 3 are necessary. Those challengers who want to participate in the domestic/international challenge will have to complete all 4 steps.

Because of some concerns about when your country will actually have a vacant manager position, I decided to alter the rules a bit for those who are in the domestic/international challenge:

You can take the international job of your selected country at anytime. If you do not get the international job 5 years after you complete step 3, you are allowed to create a new manager to take over the job. However, you MUST retire your original manager.

Once you finish all the steps in the specific challenge (domestic or domestic/international), congratulations, you have made Asian football a force to be reckoned with around the world.

Rules

You are not permitted to move between clubs unless you are sacked; If you get sacked, you can either take over a newly promoted club that meets the original challenge criteria (check the club's league history), or if you fancy trying out a new country, you don't have to start a new save. You simply just load whatever Asian country you want to try this challenge in and give this challenge another go. However, you have to either make the other country view-only (if that's possible) or remove it entirely.

You must complete the steps in order. However, you can manage your club and country together if you wish.

There are no restrictions on parent/feeder clubs.

No FMRTE or FM mini scout either. Of course, I can't exactly know whether you're cheating or not, but all you're lying to is yourself.

You can, of course, edit in the names of real competitions and clubs.

Update Style

I really don't care how you update your saves, but the bare minimum is an end of season update after every season. You can either write it out or post a video on Youtube. It doesn't matter as long as you (the challenger) is comfortable with the style you're posting.

And most importantly, have fun and GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Good Luck in Asia everybody, I may wander over this way if I ever complete in Big Euro...hope to have a game with my Might Wellington Phoenix.

I clarified the Wellington Phoenix issue in the OP. Hope you have a go in my challenge in FM12! :)

This is a massively tough challenge. Not going to have a go just yet, I'll start the European challenge first and may have a go in Qatar

It's fine mate. I understand that the toughness of this challenge might deter some from attempting but I hope this challenge will also help some understand the ins and outs of Asian football. If you can find any xml files of West Asia like Qatar please give me a link if you can. Thanks. :)

rancer - you may want to have a look into some of the smaller Asian nations, as last time I checked many of them physically can't qualify for the ACL (Malaysia, at least)

They can't qualify for ACL but they can qualify to the ACL the next year through being a finalist at the AFC Cup.

In China, promotion/relegation from the first division is decided by a playoff so you have to save before the final matchday, which I think is the 29th of October.

edit: this is scrapped the season after. So ignore if you decided to start from 2011 instead.

edit edit: Its quite clearly messed up. The number of teams goes from 14 to 16 rendering the playoff system useless.

Good job on the opening post rancer890! :thup:

Good luck to everyone trying this! It looks like a really tough challenge. Oman is interesting, I remember beating them 40-0 in Fifa (or some similar game) back in the early 90s. :lol: I might consider trying it at some point, if time allows.

I imagine I'll have my traditional attempt in Indonesia at some point. Haven't bought the game yet, and don't plan to currently, but I'll get it eventually.

Hoping to relive the Barito Putra glory days of FM09. Can't believe that's already 3 years ago!

If anyone loads up the Indonesian league, can you post what the league system is like this year? It should have changed a bit. There was a breakaway league earlier this year, and the old Super League appears to have folded - as far as I can tell, the top flight is now the Premier Division, with 24 teams in it.

I feel sad :(. I wanted to achieve something spectacular for FM12 by completing all challenges or attempting too that are in the CSE. Having read the rules of this thread, it seems that dafuge's, LLR's, Gundo's and yours don't interlock, only just though as dafuge's save requires you to use a customised database with the three feeder divisions that go into the BSS/BSN. rancer, do you think that you could make an exception? The time it will probably take me to complete dafuge's, LLR's and Gundo's challenge and it will probably minimise the effect on the save hopefully. I planned on managing in South Korea as on FM11 I enjoyed my save only to be hit by a bug which made me leave.

If anyone loads up the Indonesian league, can you post what the league system is like this year? It should have changed a bit. There was a breakaway league earlier this year, and the old Super League appears to have folded - as far as I can tell, the top flight is now the Premier Division, with 24 teams in it.

Well that's news to me! The old format seems to be the same in my FM12 save.

I feel sad :(. I wanted to achieve something spectacular for FM12 by completing all challenges or attempting too that are in the CSE. Having read the rules of this thread, it seems that dafuge's, LLR's, Gundo's and yours don't interlock, only just though as dafuge's save requires you to use a customised database with the three feeder divisions that go into the BSS/BSN. rancer, do you think that you could make an exception? The time it will probably take me to complete dafuge's, LLR's and Gundo's challenge and it will probably minimise the effect on the save hopefully. I planned on managing in South Korea as on FM11 I enjoyed my save only to be hit by a bug which made me leave.

I'm not too sure what exception you really want...all of our challenges in the CSE forum were never meant to interlock...

I have been more lenient than the other challenges in allowing other leagues to be even loaded and my rules are a bit different than the other SC2BC challenges (more closely related to Razer's challenge more than anyone else).

EDIT: I have now linked a file to the Japanese leagues in the OP. I haven't tested it yet (will test soon), but AFAIK there are no real players.

Double Flower - Hong Kong First Division - Season 1 2012/13

E4MKy.gif

Final League Position: 9th

Fixtures

Transfers

Fan's Player of the Year

We were never in danger of relegation with us doing well against the bottom two teams and managing to scrape a few points from other teams in the league, aiming to securing 9th place again next season and fixing the finances which are close to 100k in the red due to high wage players which we'll be looking to sell on.

The cups went as expected with us going out in the first round of all of them.

Season	    League Position	   Senior shield     League Cup     FA Cup
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13		 9th               1st rnd         group stage      1st rnd

Yahukimo FC - Indonesian First Division - Season 1 - 2012/13

41006729.png

Indonesian First Division First Phase - 2nd

Indonesian First Division Second Phase Group A - 1st

Indonesian First Division Final - WINNERS

Indonesian Cup - Lost in 3rd Round

The First Phase was a bit boring, we just sneaked through in 2nd with form of 9-12-1, a hell of a lot of 1-1 draws! The Second Phase was a bit easier, only 1 draw this time!

The Final was nerve-racking it was 0-0 until the 91st minute when Gatot Eko breaks the deadlock for us, that must be the winner I thought....I was wrong, in the 93rd minute they equalized with the last kick, neither team could break the deadlock in Extra Time so we edged them out 5-4 on pens!

Squad

Transfers

Season	                League                  Position	    FA Cup
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13       Indonesian First Division           1st              3rd Round

Welcome to the challenge Makoto Nakamura and nice work already getting promoted the First Division in Indonesia!

sam97, the Iranian leagues aren't playable 'out of the box' they're not an option at the start. You need to find an xml file with the Iranian league structure to be able to manage in Iran.

Double Flower - Hong Kong First Division - Season 2 2013/14

E4MKy.gif

Final League Position: 9th

Fixtures

Transfers

Squad

Fan's Player of the Year: Kinnah Oluoch

Just like the previous year we were never in any danger of being relegated and got comfortably in the 9th position again.

We did just a slight bit better in the cups with us reaching the quarter-final of the FA Cup but again going out in the 1st round of the Senior Shield and the group stage of the League Cup.

The first award is in early with Thiago getting on the bench in the Team of the Year, Kinnah Oluoch getting 3rd place in the League Cup Top Goalscorer, we were also the runner-ups in the Fair Play.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14          9th               1st rnd         group stage      q-final

Thanks Rancer, I've done the second season and got relegated, is it possible to do this challenge with Guam?

Unlucky mate.

No, because Guam don't enter the ACL or the AFC Cup. Only the countries eligible to participate in those 2 competitions are eligible for the challenge.

ok, rancer do u know where to find one ? because i cant find one :( been looking for couple of hours :(

Then there aren't any FM12 xml files for the Iranian leagues because I don't even know. The FM11 xml files won't be compatible.

And hope you can keep progressing up the table Sazchu. :thup:

I have updated the OP to add various Asian leagues. And to sam97, check that thread linked in the OP because Iran is now available (although without players)!

If you want players, I suggest loading all players from Iran so the league isn't overloaded with newgens.

I have updated the OP to add various Asian leagues. And to sam97, check that thread linked in the OP because Iran is now available (although without players)!

If you want players, I suggest loading all players from Iran so the league isn't overloaded with newgens.

Nice one ! And yh dont want too many regens :) btw which folder do i extract it too ??? :(

Hi guys, returning to Australia with Melbourne Victory FC who finished bottom last season. Delighted to find out Harry Kewell has joined them in real life and is still there in the game.

Manager profile

Welcome back STR! And bring back VVV please (iirc you two are related?!?! It's been a while. Please ignore this if I seem to be talking rubbish to you... :o)

I will do, definitely, gonna do the customary Liverpool season first though, set myself a few targets, but this page will be where I go when that all goes wrong! Thinking of trying a different country after 2008's India effort, and 2010/11's Australia seasons. I'm thinking Hong Kong.

Double Flower - Hong Kong First Division - Season 3 2014/15

E4MKy.gif

Final League Position: 2nd

Fixtures

Transfers

Squad - forgot a screenshot for the squad

Fan's Player of the Year: Leung Ngo Hin

Unlike the previous two seasons we didn't stay in the lower half at all during the season, instead we managed to overachiev and finish in a shocking second place in the league, the biggest factor was probably the fact that we strengthened our defence quite a bit which resulted in us conceding the fewest goals in the league.

The cups were pretty much identical as the previous year, 1st round in the Senior shield, group stage in the League cup and a small improvement in the FA Cup by reaching the semi-finals.

In the award section we manged to get two players in the first division Team of the Year.

2014/15          2nd               1st rnd         group stage      s-final

Double Flower - Hong Kong First Division - Season 4 2015/16

E4MKy.gif

Final League Position: CHAMPIONS

Fixtures

Transfers

Squad

Fan's Player of the Year: Kinnah Oluoch

Again we manged to be overachievers by securing us the league title, the first for the club since 1998, the season was pretty smiliar to the previous one except for the fact that we didn't get quite as many draws, for the second year running we had the best defence.

Winning the league means that we're gonna compete in the confederation Cup the following season.

The first cup is here with us beating Kitchee in the League cup final, in the other two cups we saw decent performance.

Thanks to us doing well both in the league and the league cup we managed to secure a few awards.

League Cup Top Goalscorer 3rd place - Kinnah Oluoch

League Cup Best Attacking Player - Kinnah Oluoch

First Division Team of the Year - Five Players

First Division Young Player of the Year - Yip Chun Piu

2014/15          2nd               1st rnd         group stage      s-final
2015/16          1st               s-final         Winners          q-final

Melbourne Victory FC

2012 - 2013

A-League: 6th

Finals Series: Minor Final

Struggled a lot in the early parts of the season with no quality up front and a pretty weak defence. We managed to strengthen up the defence a little with a few free transfers and also signed Brazilian striker Reinaldo back to the A-League from Al-Ahli for £22k. After that we began to really push ourselves up the league table and looked like grabbing a top 3 finish had our form not dipped towards the end of the season. The finals series was really used to give some youth a chance, I don't see it as an important competition.

Next season targets: Challenge for 1st place.

Sign a quality striker.

Help Anthony Williams and Joso Setka progress as much as possible (both 5 star potential).

Season       A-League       Finals Series 
------------------------------------------
2012/13        6th           Minor Final

Good luck to everyone, have had some great times in this challenge in the previous years, although I never quite got around to it with FM11 (not sure how!) Will definitely be participating this year!!

Melbourne Victory FC

2013 - 2014

A-League: 1st

Finals Series: Runner-up

This was an easier season than I expected, though I believe this is because of the signing of Odafe Onyeke Okolie, an old favourite of mine from my times at Salgaocar :D. The Finals Series was a massive disappointment after beating my big Melbourne rivals in the semi finals, then having so many chances in the final and conceding the only goal due to sloppy defensive work. My project of developing Australian youngsters has been going very well this season, in particular Anthony Williams who I can definitely see in the Australian squad in a couple of years time. Also, Leonardo Ziada has been progressing nicely, don't be fooled by his attributes. He's been performing fantastically and I'm confident he can replace Harry Kewell now that he has retired. Finally, we'll be looking forward to Champions League football next season :).

Season       A-League       Finals Series 
------------------------------------------
2012/13        6th           Minor Final
2013/14        1st           Runner Up

Archived