FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The end of the January transfer window saw in little bit of movement by me. Charlie Adam was rightfully tossed out the door for 4 million pound, he was never truly good enough and only made 8 appearances for me. Henderson, Shelvey and Suso are more highly rated than he is, and if need be Maxi can drop into my midfield 3. I bought Areola for 2 million from PSG to be backup for Reina and eventually replace him. I also brought Keita in on loan for a fee of 300k, and City offered Adam Johnson to me on loan for a fee 1.4. mill, with a future fee of 7.5 mill if I want to make it a permanent deal. Apart from Brad Jones being shown the door since he never gets a game, my other outgoings with youth players being sent on loan

liverpooltransfershisto.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Should it really matter that there is no Germany team after the update?

OK it does. Gonna start again! Got a good idea of who to bring in etc anyways and its no biggie to me.

Yeah it matters massively to me. Mainly because I usually end up playing in Germany, and buying a ton of German players. (Lived there for half a decade)

Started over, had an offer of 4 million accepted by Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigþórsson, only to have him tell me to **** off.

Yeah it matters massively to me. Mainly because I usually end up playing in Germany, and buying a ton of German players. (Lived there for half a decade)

Started over, had an offer of 4 million accepted by Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigþórsson, only to have him tell me to **** off.

Yeah same in the sense that I buy loads of German regens and its easier to find them within the national team too and also because it helps improve the same. Time to buy players!

Well I've been trying to find a backup striker to Carroll, someone who offers something different. Wound up getting Darwin Quintero for 2 million. Almost pulled the trigger on Schelloto as well for 3 million to provide backup to Kuyt on the right, but I think I'll wait and see if I can get him for free in Jan.

Just had the new youth candidate match to see what would be coming to the under 18's team, sadly there wasn't a player there that my scout thought could progress past two stars this year

It's frustrating considering how solid our youth academy has been over the last few years. I know we were poor for a bit, but since Rafa revamped the academy we've been seeing more and more youth come through that have some pretty decent potential. Not sure why that's not reflected in FM.

It's frustrating considering how solid our youth academy has been over the last few years. I know we were poor for a bit, but since Rafa revamped the academy we've been seeing more and more youth come through that have some pretty decent potential. Not sure why that's not reflected in FM.

I've got no idea, at the start of the same Suso is rated as having a 4 and a half star potential, in the games i've played him he's either scored or set a few up each time and his potential went down to two and is now on three :confused:

I've got no idea, at the start of the same Suso is rated as having a 4 and a half star potential, in the games i've played him he's either scored or set a few up each time and his potential went down to two and is now on three :confused:
Get Gerrard to tutor him then either play him in cup games or send him out on loan for games

Get Gerrard to tutor him then either play him in cup games or send him out on loan for games

I've had Gerrard tutor him, during my end of season review I'll post his stats, because I think they're good enough for him to be rated higher. I tried to put him out on loan in the January window, and no one wanted to sign him, even though he asked me to do it. So instead he's been on my bench and I've subbed him in for the last 20 minutes of matches, or let him start against the easier teams.

Also none of the youth players who had a trial with me were signed, Steve Clarke said none of them had a chance to break into my team. Oh well, there's always next year I guess

Won the Champions League in my second season! Beating the Mancs 4-0 in the final!

Ins:

Adebayor loan

Jack Wilshere 17.75M

Etienne Capoue 15M

Ter Stegen 5.75M

Joel Valencia 1M

Viktor Fischer 3M

Outs:

Musacchio 2.2M loan

Jonjo Shelvey 2.5M

Danny Wilson free

Bertolacci 2.2M

Raheem Sterling 2M

Joe Cole free

Suso 500k

Gulacsi 500k

Henderson 1.2M loan

Hoping for the Premier League title after losing out in the last games of the season, two years running.

I signed the Irish winger Anthony Forde from Wolves for 2 million. Clarke believes he'll be able to play at the same level as Gerrard. If that's so, then 2 million for the lad is a steal.

Won the Champions League in my second season! Beating the Mancs 4-0 in the final!

Ins:

Adebayor loan

Jack Wilshere 17.75M

Etienne Capoue 15M

Ter Stegen 5.75M

Joel Valencia 1M

Viktor Fischer 3M

Outs:

Musacchio 2.2M loan

Jonjo Shelvey 2.5M

Danny Wilson free

Bertolacci 2.2M

Raheem Sterling 2M

Joe Cole free

Suso 500k

Gulacsi 500k

Henderson 1.2M loan

Hoping for the Premier League title after losing out in the last games of the season, two years running.

Why did u sell Sterling and Suso? Two of your potentially best players :confused:

Signed Robbie Cotton for 2.1 million as well. Wanted to wait until I could possibly sign him for free in the winter, but United tried to come in for him so I had to make a move. Clarke believes he'll be better than Gerrard. WOAH. :eek:

Signed Robbie Cotton for 2.1 million as well. Wanted to wait until I could possibly sign him for free in the winter, but United tried to come in for him so I had to make a move. Clarke believes he'll be better than Gerrard. WOAH. :eek:

Ive tried to sign him but he doesn't want to come :(

I just tried in pre season of 1st season.

I just scouted him at that time. My scout said he was interested, but I waited and approached him the very last day of the first transfer window.

I managed to finish my first season in 4th place, having secured the last champions league spot in my second to last game of the season, though I'm slightly worried even though I only bought one player during the season for 2 million pound and loaned two players, Liverpool somehow ended the season 30 million pounds in the red and thus cancelled the plans to expand Anfield a month before it was meant to finish. I know people have said that Liverpool lose a lot of money during the first year because of no european football, but the transfer percentage I'm going to get has been dropped to 30 :( so I'll see what happens in the new season about that. Hopefully the sponsor money will boost it up so I can buy players.

I also managed to win the league cup, beating Chelsea 5-4 on penalties

Why did u sell Sterling and Suso? Two of your potentially best players :confused:

They weren't living up to their expectations. Sterling asked to be transfer listed a bunch of times during the season due to lack of first team football at 17 years of age, so I let him go as I had Joel Valencia coming in who is a better player. Suso didn't fit into my plans as I don't play with an attacking midfielder. I have Hamsik, Asamoah, Gerrard, Capoue, Wilshere and Lucas in the MC roles so I'm set there. Didn't need him to waste his time in the reserves with a 10k salary ;)

Tranfers out:

Maxi to Ajax 2.5 Million loan fee, and they can buy him for another 5 million

Kuyt 6 Million to OM

Bellamy 2.5 Million to West Brom

Aurelio, Darby, Amoo, Mendy, Roberts, Walsh, Ngoo, Stephens were all released on a free transfer

DonI 1.8 Mill Torino

Cole 1 Mill West Ham

Suso season long loan to Fiorentina

Shelvey season long loan to West Ham

Silva loan to Yeovil

Transfers in:

Robbie Cotton free transfer

Cavani 30 Mill over four years

Morata 1.8 Mill

Marin 15 Mill over four years

Carr 1.7 Mill

Benkarit 5 Mill

Muniain 20 Mill over four years

Gunter 3 Mill.

Cotton, Carr, Benkarit and Gunter all came back with a scout report of having 4 and a half or 5 star potential, and they will probably all go out on loan next season after Shelvey and Suso come back

August

Premier League

Stoke I won 2:0 Cavani scored a header to give me the lead on 50 minutes and Henderson added the second with a volley on the edge on the box in extra time. It should and could have been more, I had 19 shots on target to their 4 and 66% percent of the possession

Man City Only my second season in and they're already proving to be a bogey team for me, a 3:0 defeat wasn't unexpected since they dominated me, the way I did stoke. Goals from Tevez on 12 minutes and a Reina own goal pretty much ensured my defeat. Yaya Toure added the third on 67 minutes. Not too surprising either, Aquilani picked up an injury in his first start for me, and will be out until the new year :rolleyes:

Champions League Qualifers

Spartak Moscow The pre match prediction was a home win for the Russian side, although that was thrown out the window as I managed to win 4:0. Cavani netted two on 37 and then 48 minutes in, Skrtel continued his goal scoring run from last season and scored another header, and Marco Marin slotted in the fourth three minutes from time.

Spartak Moscow 2nd leg Having a 4 goal away lead to take into Anfield, all bar Reina was dropped from my first team for this match, it could have proven to be a stupid decision but I couldn't see them overturning the deficit against me. 21 shots on target to their 4 and 57% percent of the possession meant they never had a chance, Muniain scored the only goal of the game on 37 minutes

Right, new save (final save this time, I will continue this for as long as I play FM12)

Won the double (PL + FA Cup) first season - FA Cup with a wonderful 4-1 hammering of Everton. Lost to Man Utd twice, once in the Carling Cup and once in the PL (1-4, painful..).. Have to admit that Damiao was the deciding factor. In a 4-2-3-1 setup, he's deadly as poacher - bagged 40 goals in 46 games for me in his first season. Was a bit dissapointed with Suarez in the AMC trequartista role, but I guess 10 goals and 18 assists is acceptable enough

Signed Willian, Vrsaljko, Leandro Damiao, Areola, Ilori, Golasa, Ferreyra, Emil Larsen and Sergio (spanish midfielder, free transfer) as well as a few african newgens at December. Total spending €54M

Sold off Brad Jones, Skrtel, Aurelio, Maxi, Doni and Carroll for a total of €34.5M

Just starting out second season at the moment - got some more power on the wings with Douglas Costa and Gaston Ramirez as the two big signings together with Mbaye Niang and a couple of newgens. Total spending: €42.5M

Managed to get rid of Bellamy, Cole, Aquilani, Wilson and Pacheco for a grand total of €15M. Loaned a lot of kids out to Brugge, Huddersfield and Accrington.

September was overall a good month, one defeat and five wins in six matches can't be frowned upon, and frown I shall not. Well not with the results anyway. There was one thing that brought the month down.

Injuries

I picked up six injuries in September, mostly at the start of the month as soon as the International matches were over;

Johnson: out for the month

Lucas: out for the month

Gerrard: out for three weeks

Cavani: out for four to six weeks

Muniain: out for the month.

Enrique: two weeks

Annoying to say the least, but it gave other players a chance to show their worth to me.

Premier league

West Brom

I started the month against one of the whipping boys of the big teams in this game, and so I wasn't too surprised that I won 3:0 against a side that didn't really manage to threaten my goal, Suarez scored two goals in the absence of his strike partner Cavani in the 58th and 88th, whilst Muniain managed to get a goal in between them, scoring a header in the 81st minute for me. It was here that Gerrard picked up his injury, if he's as plagued by them as he was last season the chances are he'll be moved on in the summer. Legend yes, but for the money he's on I can afford him to be playing 15 games a season for a second season running.

Newcastle

If West Brom was what I expected than Newcastle was a shock, a second 3:0 win for this month, and in a match that I had 60% percent possession and 21 shots compared to their 9, I thought they'd at least get a goal with Ba and Adebayor up front for them. Downing opened the scoring with a freekick in the 5th minute, while Suarez added the second on the 11th. Jordan Henderson, who so far has proved to be a mainstay of my team since I started my Liverpool file put the game beyond doubt in the 26th minute when he added the third. Muniain picked up his injury in this match

Fulham

Would I score 3 goals in my third league match on the bounce? The answer was yes in this thrilling 3:2 victory over a Fulham side that gave me more problems than I thought they would have done. The match was bizarrely equal, 8 shots on target to their 7, and the possession was split 53/47. Chamakh gave them the lead in the 50th minute, only for my 19 year old striker Morata to cancel it out 6 minutes later, Pacheco added the second for Liverpool on the 67th minute but the match never lost its back and forth. James Milner scored for Fulham on the 81st minute, and the match looked like it was going for a draw. But no, Morata popped up once again, and scored his second goal to win the game

Arsenal

There had to have been a match this season were I had my ass kicked, and this was it. A 2:0 defeat by Arsenal who sacked Wenger in the summer because they didn't finish high enough to get into any european football. A Van Persie wonder goal gave them the lead in the 26th minute, and one that it was hard to argue they didn't deserve. Martin Kelly got himself sent off while giving anyway a penalty that Jadson duly converted sending Reina the wrong way. Enrique picked up his injury at half time. :rolleyes:

Champions League group match

Omonoia

In a group that included Inter, Liverpool and Ajax I doubted these no marks would score a goal, never mind get a point. It was with that arrogance I sent out a severely weakened side to face them, and in the end looked to the senior places on my bench to turn the match around. A 4:2 victory hide many things, a 25th minute Raheem Sterling goal was cancelled out by Dodo in the 36th much to my annoyance, Macro Marin took exception to this and went on a mazy run before chipping the keeper from the edge of the box to give me back the lead straight from the kick off. Renato Silva scored three minutes from half time, to take it back level again, :rolleyes: would a team I've never heard of take me to a draw in the match? By the way the first half was going, the answer was no. Morata popped up in the 44th minute to give me the lead for the third time in the match, he was proving to be a good purchase. Downing scored from the spot in extra time to wrap the game up for me.

League Cup 3rd round

Derby

Could I take revenge for them knocking me out the FA cup last season, was playing my reserve team a risk? Yes and yes. A solitary Pacheco goal in the 76th minute stopped the match going to a replay and saved me from any embarrassment.

Player of the month: I'd say it was a mix between Suarez and Morata. Both players scored three goals for me, and while Suarez is a seasoned international, though young, Morata is proving to be a steal for 1,8 million for the 19 year old from Real Madrid

October

There wasn't any new injuries this month, although the results were a lot more varied than Septembers were

Premier League

Liverpool 0 Bolton 0. The first The first league match was a frustrating one, it would seem my teams inability to put the ball in the back of the net on a regularly basis is already starting to cost me stupid points. 23 shots, and 8 of them on target meant it was one point a piece for this game.

Liverpool 2 Wolves 0 This match saw Cavani come back from injury, although it said that it was a risk to play him, I decided to try and have the game wrapped up before halftime so I could sub him off. Him scoring in the 19th minute seemed to mean thats what was going to happen, and with him having been out for 6 weeks, a one goal lead at halftime was enough for him to decide it wasn't worth the risk of him picking up another injury. Muniain scored the second goal on 67 minutes to wrap the points up for me.

Liverpool 4 Swansea 1 This was the type of preformance I wanted to see from my team, although it was only Swansea I needed my team to start banging in goals all the time if I was going to live up to the title challenge I promised at the start of the season. Two first half goals from Muniain and one by Gerrard put the game beyond doubt at 44 minutes. Unlike previous matches I kept the same 11 playing the full match, and Muniain scored his third 25 minutes before the final whistle.

Champions league group game

Liverpool 6 Ajax 3 After the first game were it was a close call for a while, I was slightly worried about how this one would go. However I raced into a 3:0 lead on 24 minutes thanks to an Andy Carroll hattrick, as Ajax just didn't seem to be able to deal with him. They pulled one back four minutes later through Drahun and scored their second on 38 minutes from a corner. It took only three minutes into the second half to score my fourth goal, a Downing blast from the edge of the box left the keeper no chance. Carroll added this fourth and my fifth goal of the game on 58 minutes to ensure he picked up MotM, and Pacheco scored two minutes later. Eriksen scored Ajax's third goal of the game on 70 minutes to keep the score sightly respectable.

Liverpool 1 Inter Milan 2

A first glance it seemed like Inter bossed this match, 21 shots to my 11, but they only mustered 7 shots on target to my 6 and the possession was an even 50/50 split. Samuel gave them a deserved lead on 26 minutes, and I thought they were going to run riot. Suarez missed his third penalty of the season so far, but managed to bundle in the rebound. With the match going to a probably deserved draw, Forlan scored the winning goal seconds before the whistle, leaving me top of the group with 7 points and 3 matches played.

League Cup

Liverpool 0 Fulham 4 What can I say? Another game were the scoreline doesn't do how even it was justice, but having a team of reserves out cost me badly in this game, because they lacked the clinical finishing of Fulham. Areola is still proving to be very raw, and didn't pick anything useful up from Reina when he was being tutored, but at only 19 he still has time to prove he can be my goalkeeper once the Spaniard is retired. Focusing on the league and champions league meant I wasn't too upset about losing this game, and not being able to win back to back league cups

Player of the month: Carroll and Muniain. Carrol's 4 goals against Ajax made sure that match didn't go down as a loss for me, the problem is he's just too inconsistent like in real life. Those four goals were his only of the month and in the other games he played, his rating was often 6.0 at best, with only a two star rating from my scouts he's never going to challenge Suarez and Cavani for a starting place reguarly, and I've got young strikers who are challenging him for a place on the bench. As for Muniain, the wonderkid from Bilbao has proven to be a sensation for me so far, his hattrick against Swansea stopped the game from going to a draw, but it's his ability to play as a striker, anywhere across the front three in a 4-2-3-1 or on either wing in a 4-4-2 thats made it hard to drop him

Well after dealing with real-life things for a while such as marriage and a honeymoon, I'm back to my Liverpool save. Season 2 is nearly over. I have two league games left, I'm currently 4 points clear of United at the top, with an away game to Chelsea followed by a home game against Wolves. I'm confident I'll pick up the league to add to my league cup, and then I have the FA Cup final against United, and the Champions League final against Barcelona. I'm undefeated so far all season, which is incredible, but I've had to be because United have been just as good. They are on a 28 game unbeaten league streak. I have just played them 3 times in a row, having drawn them in the semis of the CL. Drew 1-1 at Anfield in a game I should've won (Ryan Shawcross OG levelled it up for them) and I feared getting smashed at Old Toilet, but I switched up my formation to a 4-5-1 with Suarez wide right as an Inside Forward. Having snatched a 2-2 league draw after being 2-0 down at half time I figured they knew how I'd play by game 3, so switching it up was the best I could do. It proved to be a masterstroke because, despite them having 56% of possession, they never breached my back line, and a poacher's goal from Suarez gave me a 1-0 away win. Bring on Barca!

I've maintained my stance on predominantly British, although I've got a few excellent foreign starlets. I'm pretty satisfied with my team right now, but I'll no doubt be making a few changes at the end of the season if I want to consistently challenge Barcelona. I played Real Madrid in the quarters of the CL, beating them 3-1 at Anfield at 2-1 at the Bernabau so I'm confident I have their number, but United, Spurs, no doubt Barcelona, and bizarrely WBA are all teams I need to find a defining way to beat.

My youth prospects look good, so when I do eventually step down from my job to manage Scotland (the only job I'd leave the Reds for), I'm confident whoever comes in to take over will have a good basis to build from

Right, new save (final save this time, I will continue this for as long as I play FM12)

Won the double (PL + FA Cup) first season - FA Cup with a wonderful 4-1 hammering of Everton. Lost to Man Utd twice, once in the Carling Cup and once in the PL (1-4, painful..).. Have to admit that Damiao was the deciding factor. In a 4-2-3-1 setup, he's deadly as poacher - bagged 40 goals in 46 games for me in his first season. Was a bit dissapointed with Suarez in the AMC trequartista role, but I guess 10 goals and 18 assists is acceptable enough

Signed Willian, Vrsaljko, Leandro Damiao, Areola, Ilori, Golasa, Ferreyra, Emil Larsen and Sergio (spanish midfielder, free transfer) as well as a few african newgens at December. Total spending €54M

Sold off Brad Jones, Skrtel, Aurelio, Maxi, Doni and Carroll for a total of €34.5M

Just starting out second season at the moment - got some more power on the wings with Douglas Costa and Gaston Ramirez as the two big signings together with Mbaye Niang and a couple of newgens. Total spending: €42.5M

Managed to get rid of Bellamy, Cole, Aquilani, Wilson and Pacheco for a grand total of €15M. Loaned a lot of kids out to Brugge, Huddersfield and Accrington.

I won the Olympics with Britain U23, not really a challenge, to be fair. Resigned right after, obviously.

Got handed a tough first CL group - FC Bayern, PSG and Red Bull Salzburg. Still though, the first four games over, I'm in first place and looking good. League's looking good too, Arsenal is on fire, but I'm close behind. Man U, City and Chelsea are all trailing a bit already after 10 rounds.

I just noticed my save does NOT have German national team, which is going to annoy me a bit, but after the perfect first season, I'm not going to start over just because of that.

Charlie Adam, although performing ok, has been deemed surplus as I want Hendo and Shelvey to get more gametime, so he's been shipped off for €5M. Also trying to get rid of Kuyt by now, even tho I love the bloke, I just don't have room for that sort of wage on the bench.

9cdc3b6e96d29b1d03ea1a95b1c310d8.png?1332217868

Never seen this before.

Suarez wanted a contract extension because of his great form (rightfully so, 27 goals in 17 games), I said to him that he needs to prove himself (he wanted 100k/w, which is really not what I wanted to offer him), but the next game he gets injured (not before scoring a goal of course) for two months.

He came back to me a match after he was fit again and said that following in the screenshot. It's a nice touch, and Luis is a good lad after all. :D

9cdc3b6e96d29b1d03ea1a95b1c310d8.png?1332217868

Never seen this before.

Suarez wanted a contract extension because of his great form (rightfully so, 27 goals in 17 games), I said to him that he needs to prove himself (he wanted 100k/w, which is really not what I wanted to offer him), but the next game he gets injured (not before scoring a goal of course) for two months.

He came back to me a match after he was fit again and said that following in the screenshot. It's a nice touch, and Luis is a good lad after all. :D

Love the realism :D

Half way season review:

Just got to the January transfer window in my second season, and I'm sitting top of the table by a point above current champions Man city, who unsurprisingly with their attacking players are top of the goal scoring charts. My players arent doing too badly this season getting among the goals themselves, Suarez has 12, Muniain has 9, Cavani and Gerrard have 7 a piece. I wanted Cavani to have more, but he's had two or three injuries for a month each since I signed him, so 7 goals in 14 appearances isn't too bad.

I topped my group in the champions league with 13 points, and I drew Porto in the first round of the knock out stages. Annoyingly my finances are once again in the red, this time by 25 million.......

I'll be taking a break from my liverpool save probably until the weekend. Gonna look at the other teams

the thing ive found is that i tend to underestimate the effect of playing away from home ... and now i tend to play a lot more guarded away from home than i used to...

just bear in mind that they are playing at home and they will play a lot more attacking then normal

Won the league after my next game, beating Chelski 4-2 at the Bridge, despite a second half double from Fat Frank. Drogba was kept so quiet that he announced his retirement after. Haha. 20 times champions with a game to spare!

Beat United 2-0 in the FA Cup Final for my second treble winning season. Attacked them from the start, and they never really got going. Suarez scored a diving header, and Stewart Downing scored a decisive second when picking up the ball on the half way line after clearing a United corner, dribbling past Vidic and blasting into the top corner from 20 yards. Classic!

Final league game, with the league one and the likes of Carragher complaining about game time, I switched 9 of my starting 11. It was, after all, home to Wolves. Flanagan got a game straight after returning on loan, and looked very assured. Carra was immense, Adam Johnson (5.7m signing from Citeh) ran them ragged in the first half, setting up Big Andy for a double. The Big Man also set up Jordan Henderson for his first goal of the season (first start too!). We ran out 3-1 winners after being pretty much outplayed for the second 45 minutes (Michael Owen came off the bench and ran the show for them!), but it didn't matter because we won the league! United could only muster a 0-0 away draw with Fulham so the gap was a solid 6 points in the end.

Champions League final time. I apologise because before I stated that I'd be playing Barcelona in the final, but straight after I'd posted that, Marseille spanked them 5-1 in the second leg of their semi (thanks to a Lukaku hat-trick and some genius from Cheyrou and Remy). OM in the final then! The game was a tense one, Suarez snatching a goal about 15 minutes in. End to end stuff, but my defence was resolute. A wonder strike from Javi Martinez came back off the post just before half time, but unfortunately for them, hit the keeper and rolled in for an OG. 2-0 at half time. The second half was one of few chances, but Cheyrou scored a peach after dribbling round 3 defenders on the edge of the box. I made a few subs to freshen things up, and because I wanted to give some youth a chance. We held on for a 2-1 win, Champions League trophy number 6, and the QUADRUPLE! Highest points total in PL history also. 68 game unbeaten run.

I've just picked up Jack Cork from Southampton for 11m. Well over the odds but he's developed quite nicely so far, and I'm thinking he'll be getting some game time in the cups, before a loan to Genk. I also picked up Kagawa on a free (Japanese shirt sales have gone through the roof!) and Grant Hanley for 3.5m (Jorgensen is moaning about game time, and has been inconsistent when I've given him any). Now, the only area I'm thinking needs strengthening is strikers. I WANT to give Leigh Griffiths more game time, but it bizarrely tells me he's out on loan to Blackpool despite me never agreeing to it, having no way of recalling him, and having no history of it anywhere, even in my transfer centre! I have Suarez (normally play him behind the striker, depending on opposition), Carroll (19 goals last year), Hooper (19 goals) and then youngsters like Himnischi and Shane Sutherland who will get a bit of experience, but aren't prolific. The youth strikers look good too, but I'm thinking that I need an out-and-out goalscorer who I can rely on to ALWAYS score. Tevez has been offered to me for 3.9m. I think he'd add an extra dimension to my attack but I fear he may disrupt the team. Anyone had an experience of him? Paloschi is also a strong possibility. Do I buy someone, or do I carry on with what I have? We did score a lot of goals last year, but so far Spurs have signed Hamsik and Papiss Cisse, and are attempting to buy Cavani, so I don't want to be left behind. What would you suggest????

what formation do you use, and what player duties?

4-2-3-1 with wingers mate. Here's how I line up:

GK - Reina (Sweeper Keeper)

RB - Johnson/Kelly (Full back - auto)

LB - Enrique/Robinson (Full back - auto)

RCB - Shawcross/Carragher (Stopper) - Coates could do this job too, but I sold him cos he wasn't getting game time

LCB - Wilson (Ball Playing Defender - defend) - Agger could do this, but I sold him too!

RCM - Adam (Deep Lying Playmaker - Support) - sometimes Gerrard to rest Adam, and sometimes Joe Allen who was a great cheap purchase and doesn't moan about game time)

LCM - Javi Martinez (Ball Winning Midfielder - Support) - sometimes I play Gerrard here to rest Martinez, or if it's Spurs I'm playing

LW - Downing (Winger - attack) - I rarely change this position, unless the game requires it with 20 mins to go and I swap the wide players

RW - Adam Johnson (Winger - attack) or Affelay/Suarez (Inside Forward - attack) - this depends on who I'm playing and who is playing up front

CAM - Suarez (Trequartista) or Gerrard/Eriksen (Attacking Midfielder - Attack/Support) - this also depends on who I'm playing. Predominantly it's Suarez but if I'm playing away to a big team, I might push him up top with Gerrard behind

ST - Carroll (Target Man - attack) or Hooper (Poacher) or Suarez (Trequartista/Advanced Forward - Attack) - this depends on who I'm playing and how the other attacking players are set up.

I usually always start with Control, but if I'm playing a big team I might start with Attack so that I get at them early and shake them up. If Carroll starts I will also use the shout of 'Hit Early Crosses'. I play Fluid. As you can see, the back 5 and the 2 central midfielders never change positions, but the front 4 are dependent on who I'm playing against. This may change this coming season as I try to bed in some of my youngsters.

4-2-3-1 with wingers mate. Here's how I line up:

GK - Reina (Sweeper Keeper)

RB - Johnson/Kelly (Full back - auto)

LB - Enrique/Robinson (Full back - auto)

RCB - Shawcross/Carragher (Stopper) - Coates could do this job too, but I sold him cos he wasn't getting game time

LCB - Wilson (Ball Playing Defender - defend) - Agger could do this, but I sold him too!

RCM - Adam (Deep Lying Playmaker - Support) - sometimes Gerrard to rest Adam, and sometimes Joe Allen who was a great cheap purchase and doesn't moan about game time)

LCM - Javi Martinez (Ball Winning Midfielder - Support) - sometimes I play Gerrard here to rest Martinez, or if it's Spurs I'm playing

LW - Downing (Winger - attack) - I rarely change this position, unless the game requires it with 20 mins to go and I swap the wide players

RW - Adam Johnson (Winger - attack) or Affelay/Suarez (Inside Forward - attack) - this depends on who I'm playing and who is playing up front

CAM - Suarez (Trequartista) or Gerrard/Eriksen (Attacking Midfielder - Attack/Support) - this also depends on who I'm playing. Predominantly it's Suarez but if I'm playing away to a big team, I might push him up top with Gerrard behind

ST - Carroll (Target Man - attack) or Hooper (Poacher) or Suarez (Trequartista/Advanced Forward - Attack) - this depends on who I'm playing and how the other attacking players are set up.

I usually always start with Control, but if I'm playing a big team I might start with Attack so that I get at them early and shake them up. If Carroll starts I will also use the shout of 'Hit Early Crosses'. I play Fluid. As you can see, the back 5 and the 2 central midfielders never change positions, but the front 4 are dependent on who I'm playing against. This may change this coming season as I try to bed in some of my youngsters.

Not bad, I was only asking because I've tried a 4-3-3 in my first season, and in my second i'm using a fluid 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 but can't seem to have my team scoring lots of goals. I kknow people say 4-4-2 is dead, but if you watch the other matches in the game Man united score a **** load from playing it. I'm gonna take a quick run through of a strikerless 4-6-0 formation before I go back to my proper Liverpool save, it'll be something like

Sweeper Keeper

Rwb, Rcb, Lcb, Lwb

DM DLP

AMR/IFR Treq, AMC, AML/IFL.

If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, but I figured Liverpool have enough attacking midfielders/support strikers for it to be pretty lethal

Been forced to restart my game since I came up to the youth intake, the regens were over the age of 18 (even got a 20 year old!). I don't know if this is an error on my part of the database itself. Sucks I gotta use a normal league system now. :(

Not bad, I was only asking because I've tried a 4-3-3 in my first season, and in my second i'm using a fluid 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 but can't seem to have my team scoring lots of goals. I kknow people say 4-4-2 is dead, but if you watch the other matches in the game Man united score a **** load from playing it. I'm gonna take a quick run through of a strikerless 4-6-0 formation before I go back to my proper Liverpool save, it'll be something like

Sweeper Keeper

Rwb, Rcb, Lcb, Lwb

DM DLP

AMR/IFR Treq, AMC, AML/IFL.

If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, but I figured Liverpool have enough attacking midfielders/support strikers for it to be pretty lethal

Nice! I look forward to seeing how you got on.

I've always been a fan of the 4-4-2, and I hope to get back to it in the future, especially utilising Andy Caroll for the flick ons. As you say, United do very well with it. Hernandez in particular seems to thrive.

Archived