FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Luck mate, haha Raul, Not bad them 2 for tutoring like you said, Just played Scumberland and City And thought i'd get 4 points from it, And i did but not how i imagined, Drew with Scumberland after being 1-0 up, went 2-1 down in the first 5 of 2nd half but then Super-sup Hendo scored against his old team :D Then Played city and outclassed them, 2-0, Suarez finishing superbly for both, Spurs in League cup now, Then Arsenal, with an onfire RVP :S haha

Just won my 7th league game out of 7 with his victory over City

LiverpoolvManCityInformation_Overview.png

Great win. How much did you get Lopez for? Seems to be on fire for you with 2 hat tricks against City and Spurs (above screenie)

Good Luck mate, haha Raul, Not bad them 2 for tutoring like you said, Just played Scumberland and City And thought i'd get 4 points from it, And i did but not how i imagined, Drew with Scumberland after being 1-0 up, went 2-1 down in the first 5 of 2nd half but then Super-sup Hendo scored against his old team :D Then Played city and outclassed them, 2-0, Suarez finishing superbly for both, Spurs in League cup now, Then Arsenal, with an onfire RVP :S haha

Always great to outclass the £££££££ teams lol.

Beat them 3-1. Suarez 2, Kuyt 1. Now to start the league!

Lost to Spurs in League Cup which didn't bother me too much, lost 1-0, But could have come back if Hendo decided to not get sent off...Didn't help i played Arsenal after, the league's form side, Beat me 2-0, Gervinho wouldn't and couldn't be stopped. Oh well, That was my hard run, now i've got 4 games i expect to get atleast 10 points from,

West Brom (H)

Norwich (A)

QPR (A)

Wolves (H)

Cmon Reds!

I have just gone on a run of 9 games without a win

Wow. Hope you get a win soon, I just lost bottom placed Norwich 2-1, who had 1 win and 10 losses previous to our game...Words cant describe it... Got no-one in the squad who you can say, Yeah, he's gonna score!

Fair enough, Been playing most this afternoon, currently on a 12 game un-beaten run, But just drew wityh Scumberland, into March now, 5th, about 6 pooints of top and 1 or 2 of 4th, so close at top, Next games are Arsenal (1st) and City (6th, Been playing terrible, but just hit form). Get 6 points and i think i'll have a grin ear to ear :D

personally , ive stopped playing as i want to start a new career.. but want to wait for the new data patch tbh.. i know its weeks and weeks away, but i like my saves to be long term and dont want to start a new one now

I'm the same, although I'm gonna play up to when it comes out, its all a bit too easy now though, managed to win the league first season & have won the league every season since.

Riena, Lucas, Coates, Robinson & Suarez are the only players left from the start that are still in my first team. Though Kelly is still at the club as 4th choice CB/ 3rd RB.

Into the 2019/20 season, rest of the team are real players on the way out & regens. I'm loving bringing the regens through. I tend to get loads of them in each season, never loan them out while they could be in the under 18's. Once they get in the reserves out they go on loan. The Regens must be good as Accrington, one of the feeder clubs in now sitting happy in the championship mid table. Also have Wigan, Tranmere, Morecombe & Stockport to get my players out as well as players out at ramdom clubs.

Been playing on and off, to sum up first season - frustrating.

Signed:

Afellay - £1.7Mil

Hazard - £32.5Mil (Jan, 48 months)

Sold:

Maxi - £3.5Mil

Jones - £900k

came 4th in the end, a point behind United. Hazard didn't really get going until the last couple of games unfortunately but pre-season second season is looking promising. Coates got player of the year, Carroll was top scorer on 13 goals, infront of Suarez on 12. Adam got 12 assists, Affelay got 10. That's it really...

Second season so far, In:

Di Maria - £15.25Mil

Musa - £1.5Mil

Out:

Kuyt - £2.9Mil

Bellamy - £900k

Had bids on Sterling and Robinson from Real Madrid, even a £23 Million bid on Suarez from them also. However i want atleast £25Mil. Not quite finished pre-season and need to get rid of Cole, Aqua, and possibly Downing...

Had bids on Sterling and Robinson from Real Madrid, even a £23 Million bid on Suarez from them also. However i want atleast £25Mil. Not quite finished pre-season and need to get rid of Cole, Aqua, and possibly Downing...

I'm thinking of selling Downing when my first season is over. His very low flair puts me off him. Won't be selling Kuyt, even if he's barely playing next season, he's a brilliant tutor. I'll post an update when my season is done.

I'm thinking of selling Downing when my first season is over. His very low flair puts me off him. Won't be selling Kuyt, even if he's barely playing next season, he's a brilliant tutor. I'll post an update when my season is done.

if you sell him, tell me how much you get for him!

On my last game I think it was £5m from West Ham.

I'm trying to build Liverpool around a Barcelona philosophy, but there aren't that many English players who fit, which is a shame. Still trying to snap up young English talent, but hopefully I can improve the youth facilities to allow to get better prospects.

well I got sacked on the save I was telling you about earlier in this thread ( was testing a tactic for someone ).

Started a new one and decided to actually use my own tactics so have tried to create a pass and move classic Liverpool tactic and so far it has been holding its own.

Now I dont claim to be a great tactician ( normally download other peoples ) but I am 4th in the league half way through Feb which I am happy with as the Liverpool team is not that great in the first season.

I just wish I could play every game away from home because I am top of the league by 6 points away from home. Just like real life I am drawing too many at home.

Will update later.

On a serious note guys, if you could spare 30 secs to sign this petition if you haven't already. Kevin Williams family deserve the truth.

30 seconds away from FM won't hurt.

Give Kevin Williams his inquest under section 13 of the coroners Act, we have all the evidence under this section but keep getting refused.

Responsible department: Attorney General's Office

Kevin Williams died in the Hillsborough disaster in1989, Kevin's Inquests were riddled with coruption, suppressing of vital evidence and perverting the course of JUSTICE, Kevin did not die from Traumatic Asphixia or in an accident I will not pick up his death certificate until we get the course of death put right and the accidental death verdict struck down. Kevin does not relate to the 3.15pm cut off point.I want a new inquest were all the witnesses will be called to give evidence so the jury will know exactly what happened to Kevin at Hillsborough. I have all the evidence under section 13 of the coroners act and have been refused 3 times by the attorney generals office, I want the Attorney General to look at the evidence again and send Kevin's case back to the divisional court recomending a new inquest into the death of my son.

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/19149

JFT96

YNWA

Petition closes tomorrow night!

an end of season update for season 3.

i finally won the league! also won the FA cup so a great season. ended up 6 points clear of Man Utd in the league.

i have now signed Mario Goetze for £45 million and a top quality young Brazillian central midfielder, to take over from Stevie G who i allowed to leave cos he is 34 now in my game. also sold 29 year old Gelnn johnson to Chelsea for 16 million and got Kyle Walker to replace him for £12 million. good swap!

i play a 4-2-3-1. for my choice of attacking midfielders to play in 1 of the 3 spots behind the Striker, i now have a selection of Goetze, Hazard, Lucas Moura, Jack Wilshire, Lavezzi, Raheem Stirling and Suso. what a selection! all of them are under 23 years old apart from Lavezzi. am likley to start with Goetze, Hazard and Lucas Moura, but will have good options for rotation.

on the back of last season i have also now been offered the England job.

squad for season 4 is:-

GK - Reina, Smithies

RB - Kyle Walker, Kelly, Flannagan

LB - Enrique, Robinson, +good young regen

CB - Shawcross (captain), Kjaer, Coates, Chauvet (4.5 potentiol regen, 19 years old), Wilson

CM - Lucas, Asamoah, Anderson (£20 million brazillian signing, 4 star ability - not the crap one playing for the mancs!), Henderson, Tenconi (good regen)

AM(LCR) - Goetze, Hazard, Lucas Moura, Wilshire, Lavezzi, Sterling, Suso

SC - Suarez, Sonago, Niang, Bueno

all that and have over £50 million in the bank and wages are around 1.4 million so well under control.

with this squad i shoudl have a good crack at retaining the title and winning the champions league.

You seem to have a great squad there! Especially the attacking options. Are you talking about Felipe Anderson? The one from Santos? At first season, he has £5.5m release clause which I duly activated and nabbed him. Because he is a BEAST. Progressing excellent for me. Gerrard is only a back up in my team tbh, want him gone coz of his wages lol, at least Carra has the decency to reduce his wages lol. But yeah, he's a BEAST! He's only 2* out of the 4* potential and he is already excellent.

But, yes great team. How is Niang for you? I've never gotten round to getting him. Have got Fierro and Leandro atm and Leandro is doing good (both haven't really improved stats but Leandro will get taught by Raul so hopefully develops nicely!) but he is still scoring. Need to find more time to pay Fierro. Might send him out on loan.

Hello

Finshed season 1, won the FA Cup and 3rd in the League so I was pretty happy.

Squad start of transfer window before season 2 is

Reina

Areola

Flanagan Coates Agger Robinson

Johnson Skrtel Enrique

Hendo Lucas

Shelvey

Kuyt Gerrard Sterling

Maxi Suso Downing

Suarez

Regen (4.5 star potential!!)

Going to get rid of the deadwood e.g. Adam, Carroll (fingers crossed), Aqua (same) and maybe a few more from the squad if i can get better replacements.

Any suggestions? Hoping for a title push, need more goal as city scored about 25 more than me last season. Cheers!

Just starting a long term Liverpool save and I just wanna know what you guys think the best 'base' formation would be. 4-4-2? 4-2-3-1? 4-5-1 (dmc)? or a 4-3-3? I'm not too fussed about the 'finer details' as I want to make the tactic my own, just need a good base to start with.

On my last game I think it was £5m from West Ham.

I'm trying to build Liverpool around a Barcelona philosophy, but there aren't that many English players who fit, which is a shame. Still trying to snap up young English talent, but hopefully I can improve the youth facilities to allow to get better prospects.

Quality idea, might try the same. That might involve basically all the attackers swapping positions on free roles. Hmm, its something to ponder!

Started the season with 2 wins, 3-0 against southampton, and 2-0 away to blackpool...Carroll has 2, Aguero 1, Di Maria 1, Gerrard 1. Window closed.

ALSO SOME EXPLAIN. I finished fourth yet i'm in the Europa league? As I type this I realise it's as Arsenal won it last season and finished 6th haha, my bad guys!

If you get the money sign Rossi, he's immense. Quick, good finisher, creative etc... Scored 14, 4 assists in 12 games.

Edit: I've got to win the FA cup now. Reading in the semi final, then Norwich, Leeds or Newcastle in the final. First season, won the Carling cup. Trying to catch Man Utd. My away form hasn't been the best, but it is improving.

1st season I finished in 3rd place, 2 points behind Man Utd and 5 points behind Arsenal.

Got the Team GB job and got beat 2-0 by Brazil in the final.

Just going into the 1st game of the season, but Reina has just been injured in training and will be out for 2 month :(

I will post up my current team tomorrow.

GK - Reina / Kirkland ( loan )

DL - Enrique / Robinson

DC - Agger / Coates / Carragher

DC - Skrtel / Chiodi ( regen )

DR - G.Jonson / Kelly

ML - A.Johnson / Downing

MC - Lucas / Adam

MC - Gerrard / Henderson

MR - Maggio

AMC - Suarez / Maxi

ST - Cavani / Carroll

So far this season we have played 4, won 2, drew 2.

4-0 win vs QPR

0-0 draw vs Wigan

3-1 win vs Arsenal

3-3 draw vs Man City

Top 4 get into the Champions League. If I recall properly, only 4th place (and maybe 3rd place) have to go through a qualifier to get into the Champions League proper. 1st and 2nd are automatically through to group stages.

I meant to say im in the Europa league haha

Sigh, after loading and playing 6 games, I go to compare Fabio and Rafael's stats and the game crashes :( have to do it all again.

Could be a lot, lot worse!

Someone I know was 6 seasons in, had finally got the spain and Chelsea job that he had been building upto...Before he got games with them, the save was corrupted!

Ah that sucks!

So.... my season crumbled before my very eyes as I watched Super Sunday today.

Lost in the semis of Champs League 5-2 on aggregate to Arsenal after winning 2-0 at home, I lost 4 or 5 (cant remember which) away. I didn't have my proper team out as one of my essential players was injured - Willian.

Then I lost in the semis of the FA cup to Everton...I know I know. Before my game crashed earlier, I had lost to City in quarters of the Champs League but won against Everton so I guess it's the game trying to maintain balance? lol

Then instead of finishing 2nd, I finished 3rd on equal points with Arsenal and Utd won by 5-7 points.

So after winning nothing but the CS at the beginning, I was fearful of my job but thankfully I kept it...

So now, I have recruited:

Moutinho - £15m

Canales - £5m

Trying to get Damio but apparently I have no funds :S even though I have £19m and money in the bank! Sad times as I really need a striker!

Lars Bender for £15m~ with the intention for him to be retrained as a DMC to cover Lucas.

Sold Downing for £10m to Spurs.

And it seems that I'm in both the Euro Cup and Champions League? :S Oh well. Euro cup is more experience for youngsters :D

Ah that sucks!

So.... my season crumbled before my very eyes as I watched Super Sunday today.

Lost in the semis of Champs League 5-2 on aggregate to Arsenal after winning 2-0 at home, I lost 4 or 5 (cant remember which) away. I didn't have my proper team out as one of my essential players was injured - Willian.

Then I lost in the semis of the FA cup to Everton...I know I know. Before my game crashed earlier, I had lost to City in quarters of the Champs League but won against Everton so I guess it's the game trying to maintain balance? lol

Then instead of finishing 2nd, I finished 3rd on equal points with Arsenal and Utd won by 5-7 points.

So after winning nothing but the CS at the beginning, I was fearful of my job but thankfully I kept it...

So now, I have recruited:

Moutinho - £15m

Canales - £5m

Trying to get Damio but apparently I have no funds :S even though I have £19m and money in the bank! Sad times as I really need a striker!

Lars Bender for £15m~ with the intention for him to be retrained as a DMC to cover Lucas.

Sold Downing for £10m to Spurs.

And it seems that I'm in both the Euro Cup and Champions League? :S Oh well. Euro cup is more experience for youngsters :D

Haha how odd! Good signings, as per usual, Moutinho has brilliant mental stats! In the first season I finished 4th, losing my last game to City and they sacked me, so i replayed it and drew, finishing in the same place and they gave me a 40 million budget, i was so confused...

Not able to update as much due to a lot of essay writing to catch up on. :(

Haha how odd! Good signings, as per usual, Moutinho has brilliant mental stats! In the first season I finished 4th, losing my last game to City and they sacked me, so i replayed it and drew, finishing in the same place and they gave me a 40 million budget, i was so confused...

Not able to update as much due to a lot of essay writing to catch up on. :(

Yes he does! Wow, that is confusing lol haha. Yep same here, not gonna be on as often either, so good luck in your saves lads.

Alright lads haven't been on any fm saves for a while due to being really busy. Thinking of starting a new save with the reds once a new patch is out anyway how is everyone doing ?

Hey mate, been alright thanks, how've you been? Not gonna be on as much myself anymore as gonna be busy with uni starting again so prob won't play until the summer! But then will prob have to start a new save :\ so lets hope we get some good signings!

Also hoping that the £25m Warrior deal will be implemented into the game!!

Anyways, good luck in your saves lads, take care.

You seem to have a great squad there! Especially the attacking options. Are you talking about Felipe Anderson? The one from Santos? At first season, he has £5.5m release clause which I duly activated and nabbed him. Because he is a BEAST. Progressing excellent for me. Gerrard is only a back up in my team tbh, want him gone coz of his wages lol, at least Carra has the decency to reduce his wages lol. But yeah, he's a BEAST! He's only 2* out of the 4* potential and he is already excellent.

But, yes great team. How is Niang for you? I've never gotten round to getting him. Have got Fierro and Leandro atm and Leandro is doing good (both haven't really improved stats but Leandro will get taught by Raul so hopefully develops nicely!) but he is still scoring. Need to find more time to pay Fierro. Might send him out on loan.

yeah i do mean Felipe Anderson from Santos. i should have tried to get him when he had the release clause, but in season 1 i blew my money on Hazard and Lavezzi. i have had to pay £19 million for Anderson now.

I havent used Niang a great deal in season 2 or 3 because i had other strikers to choose from, but i am going to use him more in season 4. i play with 1 up front normally (with 3 attacking midfielders behind the striker). my first choice is still Suarez(scored 25 plus in 2 out of his last 3 seasons), backed up by Sonago, but Niang has now been promoted to 3rd choice and should get a decent amount of games.

It has taken 4 summer transfer windows to get my squad together, but i am definately happy with my attacking options now. i have let Stevie G leave at 34 years old on a free, but the board arent happy with me for letting him go. despite winning the lague and FA cup in season 3, they went from being delighted with my performance to "satisfied" because i let him leave! but on the plus side i have got the wages below £1.45 million a week, well below my 1.6 million budget

Started a Liverpool save.

Sold a couple of fringe players including Danny Wilson who joined Real Madrid for £5 million.

Only brought in one player so far, Torres. Not Fernando but Erick who is a young Mexican. Looks very exciting.

Got around £8 million left to play with, any ideas?

Archived