FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

Stevie Regens look class. CM is sorted for a good while on the game. I'm like you in that i hate to start a new game once i get a few good regens through, like to develope my own liverpool. Have a Striker coming in for season 4 who could match the beast i had on FM 11

might have to stick up a screenie later

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just wondering does Suso live up to his potential as you progress through the game? Or is it better cashing in on him early on?

How do people get rid of Skertal? Just keep offering to clubs??

Get him Tutored and do extra training for him and he developes nicely. I'm doing what i did on FM11 with him, Retrained to AMR and Dribbling, Agility & Speed training and he's great as an Inside Forward

September update:

EPL - Vs Man Utd - 2-2 (D) - 92nd min winner by Lucas was ruled offside :(

EPL - Vs Wigan - 3-1 (W) - Coates makes his debut with a hat trick lol

LC - Vs Aston Villa - 1-2 (L) - Suarez broken anckle, out for 2-3 month :(

EPL - Vs Wolves - 1-1 (D)

After 5 games played I am 7th in the league, but have a game in hand over the 6 teams above me.

Is there a secret to getting the young players to fulfill their potential? I'm really struggling to make them progress.

PLay them Tutor them, thats it. get them to train in area's they need it to develope. no big secret on it. have them playing as much as possible. reserves and U18's if they can

PLay them Tutor them, thats it. get them to train in area's they need it to develope. no big secret on it. have them playing as much as possible. reserves and U18's if they can

This mostly, but when they do play they MUST play well. Game time alone isn't enough. Good training helps and plenty of first team experience where they are challenged but still play well.

7 games to play in 14 days to finish season 3

Drew away to Manu 0-0 to keep myself in pole for the title, if i win my games i win the PL

Pulled off a massive result beating Arsenal 2-0 in the second leg to take it to ET & Peno's where i won 4-2 to get to the uefa cup final. where i play STOKE!

Fixtures left are

Spurs (H) 4th may

Newcastle (A) 7th

Sunderland (FA CUP FINAL) 10th

Stoke (UEFA CUP FINAL) 14th

Brighton (A) 16th

Wigan (H) 18th

West Ham (A) 21st

This mostly, but when they do play they MUST play well. Game time alone isn't enough. Good training helps and plenty of first team experience where they are challenged but still play well.

How does tutoring work well then? I've given plenty of play time to the young players but they have all fallen short of their potential.

And literally every time I tutor, I get the "player x has gained little from player y message".

How does tutoring work well then? I've given plenty of play time to the young players but they have all fallen short of their potential.

And literally every time I tutor, I get the "player x has gained little from player y message".

its just luck some times. the player has to have the potential to improve as well

In my experience, tutoring is all about luck. I get the has gained little message a lot too, but you can't just throw the kids on and hope for the best. They need to be around good players, performing at their best. They need to have high determination and morale, and that will make them try harder to improve.

Alright lads how's everyone's saves going ? Don't think I'll play my current Liverpool save as am enjoying my Shakhtar save too much but you never know. If I don't come back to it I'll start one with the update after the jan window

Having clear out in preparation for season 4.

Chelsea have kindly parted with 35m to take Glen Johnson & Jose Enrique off me. These have been replaced with Kyle WAlker for 16m and Gareth Bale for 32m. I'm also going to let Martin Kelly go this summer as he spends too much time injured and i've got in a regen CB who is natural at RB too for cover.

Milan Badelj has gone to Juve for 15m

Jordan henderson has moved onto Aston Villa for 13m. He did well in the first 2 seasons but never got a look in last season as he got injured for a long period and his stats took a bit of a hit.

Have Leandro and Willian out on loan with options ot buy so hoping they get taken up so i don't have to try and sell them off.

Also looking to sell Bueno & Huertes to get them off the reserves to allow a few other regens to get more games to develope.

may also try and sell Agger as he's 29 now and Stevie is in his last season now as a first team player, will get him on a player coach contract this season and he might get 5-10 games over the season

Jack Whilshire is also joining for 7m.

have a couple of regens signed up and this may mean i'll try and move on 1-2 more players as i think a few of them even at 17-19 will be ready to contribute to the first team.

Spent 11m on Eric lamela last summer but while he's done well i feel he might be blocking Suso's development so i may move him on as i have plenty of cover.

Target now is to get a new stadium of at least get Anfield expanded to 55k seats. board while making plenty of cash available for transfers havent put the money into the stadium. with the signings i've made i don't really have anyone that if sold would have to be replaced so hopefully i can get the money put into the stadium

Started again in season 1 october won 5 drew 3 lost 1 & i get Gerrard back 1 game out for 6 weeks :(

He spent alot of time injured for me. got to the stage that i only used him off the bench most of the time for 20-30 minutes.

Check out Tolga Cigreci as a replacement for him

I thought I would do an update as I haven't done one since the first season.

I just finished the 3rd season and have won my 3rd league trophy, 2nd F.A cup and my 1st champions league, beating United in the final 6-3!

liverpoolutdchampionsleaguefinal.png

Have managed to lower the wages of most players by giving them bigger loyalty bonuses etc, saved about £400k, but that includes saving money on selling Carroll, downing and aquilani.

My squad is looking good, got good squad depth with lots of younger players, and the used to be young players maturing into quality players.

3rdseasonsquad.png

My super regen striker Oldfield has been flourishing due to playing time, and in the last two seasons he has only scored less than Cavani and Suarez, good company to be keeping.

oldfieldseason3.png

He's still only 18, and only 2.5 stars so he still has a lot to give, and I can see him destroying Hunt's goal record. He's currently on 42 goals and 31 assists.

All in all, it's looking to be another good year, and hopefully can win Big Ears number 2/7!

Oh and Cavani has been sensational since signing

cavanistats.png

That's just the league, in total he has scored 122 goals in 103 games.

can someone tell me what is 'sell on fee profit percentage'? I was buying bocchetti he wanted around 40k a week but when i offered him 28k a week plus 5% sell on fee profit percentage he accepted straight away. so was wondering what this was about?

can someone tell me what is 'sell on fee profit percentage'? I was buying bocchetti he wanted around 40k a week but when i offered him 28k a week plus 5% sell on fee profit percentage he accepted straight away. so was wondering what this was about?

To my knowledge it is a clause that if you sell him for a profit, the player himself will get 5% of that profit.

Just starting my second season now, won the league cup & the league in my first season so was very happy with that. Sticking with the same set up - 4-1-1-3-1.

Jack Wilshire was my big buy £30m from Arse. It was to put a bit of pressure on Adam as Gerrard was my only other player that could play there really and i'm not sure hes got the legs for that role now. Adam has not broken his foot and is out for 3-4 months so I'm glad I did now, wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do once he'd signed as Adam was brilliant last season. I sold johnson & got Trasch to replace him, putting £5m in my bank in the process. Trasch can also play LB if needed and I think he's an upgrade on Johnson. Got Eriksen in as back up for this season, ready to take over from Gerrard next. Got regens & Joe Lewis as a new back up. Willaim was the last summer signing as he was going cheap and looking very handy so having sold a underused Downing for £18m to Spurs early on I snapped him up!

Sad to say Carra doesn't get much of a look in now.

Team now loks like this

GK Reina/Lewis/Regen

RB Trasch/Kelly/Flangan

CB Coates/Agger/Kelly/Carra

LB Enrique/Robinson/Trasch

DMC Lucas/Searing/Coady/Trasch

MC Wilshire/Adam/Gerrard/Lucas/Ericksen

AML Douglas Costa/William/Suarez/Sterling

AMC Gerrard/Eriksen/William/Douglas Costa

AMR Suarez/Henderson/Douglas Costa/William/Kuyt

SC Carroll/Kuyt/Suarez

getting ready to start Friendlies in season 4 and have 127m in the bank & still 120m budget but don;t need to buy anyone.

Can't get the board to expand or build a new stadium. i'm going into the red by the end of the season due to my spending at the end of season 1 (which was worth it as i've won 2 titles in a row) the sponsorship has also gone through the roof and we get the most money in through sponsor in the PL £85m a season now with a new kit deal of 24m a season.

So far i've spent 60m this summer on

BALE 32m

WAlker 16m

Wilshire 7m

Torres (1m new superstar Regen striker, Potential to be better than Neymar)

Ricardinho (5m Regen with Potential to be as good maybe better than Neymar)

Godoy 1m regen can play ML/MR/MC (have sent him on loan to Rangers (added the scottish league last season as i got them as a feeder)

1 or 2 other regens who went straight to the u18's & Reserves

I've sold off a number of players

Glen Johnson 15m

Jose Enrique 20m

Badelj 13.5m

Henderson 13m

Willian 17.5m

Leandro 5m (took a loss on him just to get rid as i brought in 2 regen ST's )

Bueno 3.5m

lamela 5m 1 season loan (just havent got room for him)

Sent Sterling, Acosta (RG ST), Godoy to Rangers on Season long loan's for experience and will probably send a couple of others as well.

Have a couple of young English Regens who are starting to improve and will get a few games in the first team this year to push them on. have 1 learning from Stevie atm and have high hopes for him

need to decide now whether to sell Agger, he's 29 and i have Kjaer, Coates & Wilson + 2 Regens who will need more games now

Not sure how long or how often I'll be able to contribute to the thread, or in how much detail but I thought I'd lend my support and share my success so far.

Season 1: EPL Champions, FA Cup Winners & League Cup Runners Up.

I only made 1 signing, Leandro Damiao in January. I don't enable transfer budgets in the first window on my saves as all the summer signings are at their new clubs anyway.

We set a new points total for the EPL and lost only 1 game, away to Man City. Luis Suarez also set a new EPL record for goal scoring with 37 I think.

My usual first 11 was:

GK - Reina

DR - Johnson

DC - Skrtel

DC - Agger

DL - Enrique

CM - Lucas Leiva

CM - Gerrard

AMR - Kuyt

AML - Downing

FC - Suarez

FC - Damiao

Henderson played quite a bit and looked good covering for the often injured Stevie G. Carragher was only average at best and Skrtel's good form kept him out of the team. I haven't really been able to get Caroll going. He scored a memorable hat-trick at home to Utd in a 5-2 win after being 2-0 down and while he's scored a goal every 2 to 2.5 games when he has played. overall he's not been fantastic. Adam did okay as did Maxi who came in and got some important goals. I tried to give Wilson, Kelly, Coates and Shelvey games when I could and all look good for the future, along with Robinson and Flanagan who I loaned out, though Wilson doesn't look as good as last year.

Going into season 2 I managed to offload Bellamy for £1m to West Ham, Aquaman to Juve for £6m but I'm still paying £30k a week towards his wages, Cole is on a loan to buy at Newcastle. Pacheco's gone for £1m too and Auerlio on a free back to Brazil.

I've only made one major signing so far in Season 2. Griezmann from Sociedad I think. French AML who's been excellent for me so far. Downing got injured near the end of the first season and coaches keep commenting how he's declining as a footballer even though he's only 27 or so. I need to find cover/replacement for Kuyt on the right as well as another forward to cover Damiao and Suarez with the possibility of offloading Caroll an option.

Alright guys, I'm a LFC fan, and know quite a lot of you already from previous threads, I've just bought the new FM and am about to load up a save...

I'm going to have a massive clear out, have quite a good idea of who to keep from reading the thread...

Any players I desperately want to keep hold of? Anyone I could buy, im only buying U18s- that's just how I always play. Any staff etc?

hey guys,

hopefully getting the game tomorrow, going to start out with the mighty reds! going to go 4-2-3-1 and hopefully bring home nr. 19 in the near future, CL qualification will be the target first season though.

how are our players doing on the game compared to real life? kelly, enrique & lucas have been great this season and henderson is finally showing some promise. do you keep them in the squad?

Alright lads how's everyone's saves going ?

going well mate. Just starting season 4. aim is to win the CL. have won the title 2 seasons in a row now to level with the Manc's on 20

Trying to get a stadium expansion or move but not having nay luck

how's things with shaktar

doing well in my save so far into january trying to tie up a deal for Leandro Damiao, just about to play my 3rd round replay against man utd. Luis is doing fantastic for me so far he has scored 17 in 21 games and got 11 assists, only problem i have is Coates chelsea came sniffing and now he is in a mood because i wouldnt let him leave.

Archived