FM12 : Should I buy or sell thread!!!

Purefun

Nosrati would clearly be a leading star at the level you play and there's probably still a good 3-4 years in him, so if id go for anyone it would probably be him, but all of them sound very expensive to buy that early for a swedish team

I'm crossing my fingers that I can get into the Champions League group stages, to get some big bucks. I would thinking Nosrati was the best option, with Marcos in second. I could get Fuenzalida on loan for a fee of £350k though, which is another good option.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm crossing my fingers that I can get into the Champions League group stages, to get some big bucks. I would thinking Nosrati was the best option, with Marcos in second. I could get Fuenzalida on loan for a fee of £350k though, which is another good option.
then maybe you should buy Nosrati on 48 month instalments and loan Fuenzalida? if you are willing to make the gamble that is

personaly I dont really like spending to much on transfers, or gamble for that mather, but if you think it will be enough to get you into CL it could be well worth it

then maybe you should buy Nosrati on 48 month instalments and loan Fuenzalida? if you are willing to make the gamble that is

personaly I dont really like spending to much on transfers, or gamble for that mather, but if you think it will be enough to get you into CL it could be well worth it

The right back position is the only place my team is weak. I'm not saying any of those three players will be enough to get my team into the CL group stages, but any of them will definitely strengthen my team.

I really appreciate your help, and I've decided to take the plunge and buy Nosrati. I think loaning Fuenzalida as well will be going overboard a bit as I'll be paying his full wages for the whole season on top of the £350k up front. If Nosrati doesn't work out, at least I can still sell him on (there's other teams interested at the same time as mine, but the papers are saying we're favourites to get him).

On the subject of gambling, I did so every season in my FC United save, and managed to get promoted every season up to the Premiership. Fingers crossed that good judgement (and huge amount of luck) transfers over to my Malmo save.

Really need some input here guys:

Buying/Selling: Buying

Player Name: Wayne Rooney

Your Team: Chelsea

Buyer/Seller: Man Utd.

Player's Value:

Offer: €36.5mil

Transfer/Wage Budget: ~€70mil

Patch: Latest

Season: pre-season 3

So, in my last season (2) I have managed to recover from a bad start and went on to win the League, League Cup and CL. My main strikers are Torres and Lukaku and I play a formation with only 1 striker. Torres seems to bang them in, but he tends to have 1 major injury every season which puts him out of action for a couple of months. As a result I have to use Lukaku but he's just not performing for me. He is still developing but he just can't perform in big games (yet?). So every time Torres gets injured my results tend to suffer. This 3rd pre-season I am planning to buy an excellent striker that I can rotate with Torres. Man Utd. have shockingly transfer listed Rooney because he has become unsettled and he publicly announced to the media that he wants me to come and get him from Man Utd. Man Utd. will accept a bid of €36.5mil for him. Normally I would jump at this opportunity, but this being the 3rd season, Rooney is already 27 (turning 28), so he probably at most has only 3-4 good seasons left in him. However, €36.5mil is not that much to pay for arguably one of the top strikers and it will certainly hurt my fierce rivals if they part with him. So I am at a dilemma. Do I go for it and snap him up and hurt Man Utd. in the process, as well as offer myself more options at the front, or do I pass and find a younger talent instead? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Player Name: Edinson Cavani

Your Team: Liverpool

Buyer/Seller: Napoli

Player's Value: £26million

Offer: £36million - £18million upfront, £18million over 24 months

Transfer/Wage Budget: £30million

Patch: 12.2

Season: 2013/2014

Been in devestating form for Napoli in the last 2 seasons, 35 goals in 36 games in 2011/2012, and 30 goals in 29 games in 2012/2013.

Ive already got Leandro Damiao, so I think him and Cavani would be awesome upfront, but im not sure wether im paying too much for him?

And, how do people play Cavani? What position, what do you set him as? Advanced forward? Poacher?

Any feedback would be great.

Cheers

ITFC 1

Player Name: Leighton Baines

Your Team: Newcastle

Seller: Everton

Player's Value: £7m

Offer: £10m + Mike Williamson (value: £3.1m)

Transfer/Wage Budget: £20million

Season: 2011/12

Is this a good deal? Don't know if Williamson is good at all, I sold Coloccini and was going to bring in Vertonghen and Alderweireld for the money I got, don't think Williamson is better than either of those two, right?

Player Name: Edinson Cavani

Buyer/Seller: Napoli

Player's Value: £26million

Offer: £36million - £18million upfront, £18million over 24 months

Transfer/Wage Budget: £30million

Patch: 12.2

Season: 2013/2014

Been in devestating form for Napoli in the last 2 seasons, 35 goals in 36 games in 2011/2012, and 30 goals in 29 games in 2012/2013.

Ive already got Leandro Damiao, so I think him and Cavani would be awesome upfront, but im not sure wether im paying too much for him?

And, how do people play Cavani? What position, what do you set him as? Advanced forward? Poacher?

Any feedback would be great.

Cheers

ITFC 1

Get him.

Player Name: Leighton Baines

Your Team: Newcastle

Seller: Everton

Player's Value: £7m

Offer: £10m + Mike Williamson (value: £3.1m)

Transfer/Wage Budget: £20million

Season: 2011/12

Is this a good deal? Don't know if Williamson is good at all, I sold Coloccini and was going to bring in Vertonghen and Alderweireld for the money I got, don't think Williamson is better than either of those two, right?

You can never go wrong with a belgian player esp. two. :cool:

Buying/Selling: Selling

Player Name: Ganso

Your Team: Santos

Buyer: Man City

Player's Value: £20.5m

Offer: £41

Season: 2012/13

Only played 20 games this season, with 2 goals and 6 assists but was out for 3 months with a broken toe. £41m would obviously be a boost but not sure who I could get in, (are Lucas Moura/Leandro Damaio obtainable?)

After winning the Copa Libertadores and finishing 2nd in the Sao Paulo state we've been pretty disappointing in the First Division - currently in 8th after 16 games! Ganso has only just come back off injury so if we do keep him he could pull us up the table.

Player Name: Marco Reus

Your Team: Werder Bremen

Buyer/Seller: Borussia Mönchengladbach

Player's Value: £15.5mil

Offer: £15.5mil (Release clause)

Transfer/Wage Budget: £20mil

Patch: 12.1.0 (I think)

Season: January 1st season.

FC Porto have came in with a £12.5mil offer for Marco Arnautovic. He’s been mostly used as a backup to Shaqiri on the right wing, playing the cup games and the odd game that I need width. He’s got decent stats, but his attitude isn’t the best so getting him to perform well is problem.

To replace him I’ve met the release clause for Reus, but my main concern is his £58K wages (I’m trying to keep the wages below £40k).

Player Name: Marco Reus

Your Team: Werder Bremen

Buyer/Seller: Borussia Mönchengladbach

Player's Value: £15.5mil

Offer: £15.5mil (Release clause)

Transfer/Wage Budget: £20mil

Patch: 12.1.0 (I think)

Season: January 1st season.

FC Porto have came in with a £12.5mil offer for Marco Arnautovic. He’s been mostly used as a backup to Shaqiri on the right wing, playing the cup games and the odd game that I need width. He’s got decent stats, but his attitude isn’t the best so getting him to perform well is problem.

To replace him I’ve met the release clause for Reus, but my main concern is his £58K wages (I’m trying to keep the wages below £40k).

Try to get his wages on 50k a week. Should work. I'd buy him, he is german, you will weaken another german team and get a stronger team yourself. Win/win/win.

Player Name: regen

Your Team: Sandhausen (First Division)

Buyer/Seller: Hertha under 19s

Player's Value: $5.8 mil

Offer: $17.5mil in 48 months + agent fee (1.2 mil)

Transfer/Wage Budget: $8 mil

Patch: 12.0.4? No idea

Season: 3rd season.

http://sadpanda.us/images/930913-UWTXAMN.jpg

http://sadpanda.us/images/930915-FD42JW2.jpg

On one hand, he's got excellent stats for a target man and a wonderful (for me) personality.

On the other hand, target men are VERY hard to use. Besides, he is so SLOW. Not only I'd have to build my team around him (my current one is very fast paced), he also costs quite a lot for my current team (~19 mil dollars overall). I'm also not sure if I could ever sell him for profit...

Please help.

Player Name: Adebayor

Your Team: Blackpool

Buyer/Seller: Man City

Player's Value: £3.9m

Offer: £1.9m (wages very cheap, he wants to be back playing football from the sounds of it, 50k p/w)

Transfer/Wage Budget: Not sure on next seasons budget as this would be two days after the second season has finished...but lets say around £9m budget

Patch: Latest one

Season: End of second season (finished 6th)

http://sadpanda.us/images/930913-UWTXAMN.jpg

http://sadpanda.us/images/930915-FD42JW2.jpg

On one hand, he's got excellent stats for a target man and a wonderful (for me) personality.

On the other hand, target men are VERY hard to use. Besides, he is so SLOW. Not only I'd have to build my team around him (my current one is very fast paced), he also costs quite a lot for my current team (~19 mil dollars overall). I'm also not sure if I could ever sell him for profit...

Please help.

Nope.

Player Name: Adebayor

Your Team: Blackpool

Buyer/Seller: Man City

Player's Value: £3.9m

Offer: £1.9m (wages very cheap, he wants to be back playing football from the sounds of it, 50k p/w)

Transfer/Wage Budget: Not sure on next seasons budget as this would be two days after the second season has finished...but lets say around £9m budget

Patch: Latest one

Season: End of second season (finished 6th)

I don't think 50 k a week isn't cheap tbh. But take a chance on him.

Nope.

Quite laconic. Mind telling if that's a "nope" for "don't buy" or "nope" for "I won't help"?

Also, if that's "don't buy", could you provide at least a short reason why so I'd know to avoid such purchases in the future? I've only just started playing FM, so any hints would help.

Player Name: Loïc Rémy

Your Team: Arsenal

Buyer/Seller: Olympique Marseille

Player's Value: £4.8 million

Offer: He's been offered to me for £9.5 million

Transfer/Wage Budget: Transfer Budget - £49.9 million || Wage Budget - £220k a week

Patch: The latest patch

Season: October - 2011/'12 season

Unsure what to do with this. I feel obliged to move for FC.Köln's Lukas Podolski, who's nearly moved to us in reality, but Loïc Rémy's an interesting. One thing though, do you think he's able to play in a Trequartista role? In my opinion, he doesn't due to a lack of 'playmaking' ability in his attributes. Although, if anyone can convince me otherwise, I will make a move for him :thup:

Player Name: Loïc Rémy

Your Team: Arsenal

Buyer/Seller: Olympique Marseille

Player's Value: £4.8 million

Offer: He's been offered to me for £9.5 million

Transfer/Wage Budget: Transfer Budget - £49.9 million || Wage Budget - £220k a week

Season: October - 2011/'12 season

Unsure what to do with this. I feel obliged to move for FC.Köln's Lukas Podolski, who's nearly moved to us in reality, but Loïc Rémy's an interesting. One thing though, do you think he's able to play in a Trequartista role? In my opinion, he doesn't due to a lack of 'playmaking' ability in his attributes. Although, if anyone can convince me otherwise, I will make a move for him :thup:

Wouldn't say either of those guys could fit that role. Both very good players though if you're not set on playing a Treq then I'd say either were a good signing.

I decided against him as there are better options who would fit better into our style of play etc. In the end, he decided to join CSKA Moskva. Only three teams were interested in him, which was surprising. Us, FC Porto and his new club, CSKA Moskva.

Cheers for the feedback anyway, lads :thup:

• 2 weeks later...

Player Name: Rossi

Buyer/Seller: Villarreal

Player's Value: £

Sale Price: £24.5 million - £30 million

Transfer/Wage Budget: Transfer Budget - £

Season: Jan - 2011/'12 season

I want a goal scorer to help the team get more goals and I have been link with buying Rossi just need some advice is he worth that much or should I look for a cheaper option Cheers :thup:

Buying/Selling: Selling

Your Team: Napoli

Patch: Latest patch, 12.2.2 i think

Season: Start of season 2 (12/13)

Well basically i have managed to overbuy for the GK position. I have Rene Adler, Morgan de Sanctis, Szczesny and Areola.

Adler will definitely be kept. I think Areola should also be kept since he is very young and so requires less game time.

This leaves me with de Sanctis and Szczesny. I believe I ought to sell one of them. I have tried sending Szczesny on loan but only R. Madrid and Barca made offers, and so he wouldn't start. I could sell de Sanctis and bring in a couple of million pounds before his attributes decline.

Do you guys think I should loan out Szczesny or sell de Sanctis?

Woj should be no.1, Adler back up, and Areola on loan. Use De Sanctis as a top class no.3 or sell.

Can't really see how Woj can be no.1: he is the 3rd best out of them. I think I shall sell De Sanctis. Thanks for all your advice.

Can't really see how Woj can be no.1: he is the 3rd best out of them. I think I shall sell De Sanctis. Thanks for all your advice.

Because he's younger than Adler and has potential to be world class. Otherwise what is the point of signing him. His potential outstrips De Sanctis, which should be obvious surely, and probably Adler's- who is both injury prone and has very average command of area and communication skills- two vital areas for a keeper...

Archived