4-2-2-2 With Rotherham 121 Points, 120 goals

I make my own tactics thanks, I don't feel inadequate enough to use someone else's.

Seems to me you're just here to deride this tactic, one you have not even tried.

Now you are calling "inadequate" anyone who has tried someone else's tactic. You sir, are a troll.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that impressive since you had a team of high level frees at a club already predicted to win the league...
Seen as your rather cynical of what the OP has managed to do, why not show us all how good you would do with Rotherham and do better then he has ? set yourself the challenge of recreating the same team as he did ( all the free transfers) then beating his 121 points in the first season, in your own words 'Anyone can win easy if they use the player search'

Put your money where your mouth is ?

Using your own tactics i mean.

I make my own tactics thanks, I don't feel inadequate enough to use someone else's.

Terrible and stupid thing to say in a forum predominantly made up of people downloading other people's tactics!

I was thinking of trying your tactic out, but think I will give it a miss now, especially if that is how you feel about people downloading your tactic.

Steve

Started a new game with Wolves, only had enough funds to get a new assistant manager..lol. First game at home to Arsenal won 2-0 despite going down to 10 men. What impressed me was that we had 3 shots they had 11.. 2 cc's for us none for them. Looks very solid =)

Very well done with Rotherham, consecutive promotions is a fantastic achievement. I have been using this tactic in my second season as Margate in Blue Square south, i barely avoided relegation last season as i put them in the BSS by using the editor and changed nothing about there rep players etc.

So far this season i have used this tactic for 3 games and i have W2 D1, i especially like the way the defensive winger plays as it never occurred to me to try and implement this but he seems to be getting a lot of assists and key passes.

Congrats again and let us know how you are doing in the Championship, i will stick with this tactic for a while and let you know how i get on :)

I am now 6 games into my season with Margate and sat 2nd in the league :)

P6 W4 D1 L1 F14 A8

I cant even begin to tell you how impressed i am, my team is beyond rubbish and more than often i am having to use youth players who are very very poor as i cant sign many players due to my wage bill being so restricted

Downloading it now, will see if it can get my Crewe team out of mid table obscurity. Before things got a bit unpleasent, Tacticalgenius had a fair point (once which I made earlier) in that the OP used the tactic with the L2 favourites after adding some **** hot players to an already good side. With those players it's hard to tell whether success is down to the tacic or whether anything with those players will succeed.

Still, good to see feedback since then has been positive.

On the bus home and I'm gonna start my yearly Hereford save when I get in,

just moved and sky ain't activated my broadband yet so can't download...

Any kind soul able to post up the team instructions and I will try to build it myself using that and the player role description?

Thanks gents.

GK - Goalkeeper - Defend

DR - Full Back - Auto

DL - Full Back - Auto

DLC - Central Defender - Defend

DRC - Central Defender - Defend

MLC - Ball Winning Midfielder - Defend

MRC - Deep Lying Playmaker - Defend

AMR - Defensive Winger - Support

AML - Winger - Support

STCL - Advanced Forward - Attack

STCR - Poacher - Attack

teaminst_adv.gif

Good to see everyone is doing well with it :)

10 games into Championship I am 10th as the rapid progression has meant i have some players in the squad that are not quite good enough and have not been able to bring in replacements

anyway its still a solid start, the defences of other teams seem quite a bit better in the championship.

Now in play offs after 26 games.

Now starting with counter attack as my squad is not as good as others in the league so cant take the game to the opposition as much, if pushing for a winner I switch back to control - has worked a few times with success :D

I don't understand how....I use the same arsenal squad which won me the trebles but as soon as I use this tactics, practising it very fluid....but still losing at home vs sunderland with no shot on target.....I am not having a go at you...but just I really don't know why...

ok i just try and get the basis ones in really

Full Back - Tackling, Pace, Crossing

Centre Backs - Strength, Heading, Jumping, Tackling

Wingers - Pace, Accel, Crossing, Dribbling, Flair

MC - Tackling, Nat Fittness, Stamina, passing,

SC - Pace, Accel, Finishing, Composure, Flair

these are off the top of my head as the game isn't loaded atm.

Seen as your rather cynical of what the OP has managed to do, why not show us all how good you would do with Rotherham and do better then he has ? set yourself the challenge of recreating the same team as he did ( all the free transfers) then beating his 121 points in the first season, in your own words 'Anyone can win easy if they use the player search'

Put your money where your mouth is ?

Using your own tactics i mean.

you could try to outpreform TG's achivements with Athletic using this tactic?, honestly, TG's results are impressive and hard to dismiss

sure, his fm10 tactics never worked out for me since my style and aproche to the game is very different (and hence I most prolly could never grasp how his worked properly), but lots of ppl had good results whit them