dafuge's FM11 challenge

Well, I'm five games into my FC Utd save and things have started off slowly.

I have made a few signings- some central midfielders (one on loan), a winger, two or three strikers, two RBs, and two CBs. My team is over wage budget, but I may sell off one or two of my new signings for profit in January if possible.

My first match was an 0-2 loss at Hinckley, and my team played terribly so I tweaked my 4-4-2 a bit, and then drew 2-2 away at Barrow. Those matches were followed by 0-1 and 0-2 losses at home to Droylsden and Telford, respectively. While these results were frustrating, the team looked as though they were playing better than the first match, and I'm sure they need to gel. My last match, though was a 3-1 away win against Boston Utd, largely helped by a red card to a Boston player. Hopefully this acts as a morale booster my team needs to win a bit more, and, if they don't, I'll play with my tactics a bit more.

Anyway, I'm enjoying this more than my original Weymouth try so far, but it's bed time (work tomorrow morning), so I'm gonna head off and return to my save tomorrow evening. I'm also too damn tired to post screens right now, maybe I'll do it after the season ends.

Also, not sure if this is allowed, but can anybody direct me to some good P/T training schedules?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From promotion elation to transfer devastation in a matter of minutes... :(

Despite winning 3 consecutive promotions, Sanchez Watt wants to play at a bigger club. He ripped League 2 to shreds last season and would probably have done the same in League 1. Devastating.

I didn't think to grab the screenshot of the conversation we had and for some reason it doesn't come up in the private chat history.... which is a shame as his replies were ridiculous. This shows how quickly he changed his tune though!

Need some advice please. I accepted his transfer request, but how much should I try and get for him? For some reason his value is just 30k, which seems strangely low to me. What should I set his asking price to and should I keep his status as "Indispensable to the club"? I understand that "Not needed" will increase the interest in him, but will it also result in lower offers as they think I'm desperate?

Cheers :thup:

With only just over 1 year left on his contract you need to move him ASAP as his value will start to plummet as soon as that 1 year mark gets hit. Other than his high pace I don't see too much special with him (Other than he was good with you :p )

Does he currently have any interest at from anyone? Definitely set his status to "Not needed at this point as you need to move him quickly, and hes already unhappy anyways. I'd probably set his value at 150-200k for a week or so and see if anyone even becomes interested. If not, lower it slightly until someone does become interested. Always start high, my 30k striker striker still went for 250, so you never know :p His wage demands may be a big problem though. I cant see him going to that much of a higher club, and 800p/w is going to be hard to get from the usual suspects (TNS, llanelli, ect) so it may be hard to move him.

Quavis: Cheers for the advice. There was actually one Premier League club and a couple of Championship clubs interested in him until I issued a hands off warning (just before he went crazy). I think he has quite high potential as he has 14 Determination and his physicals are still steadily improving, and that's with our crappy coaching too. And most of his "low" attributes are 8s or 9s, so I think with good coaching he could definitely be a Premiership player, just about. Cool, I'll set to "not needed" and start at 300k.

deadfncat: Wow, that keeper is crazy! So far in my 3 seasons I don't think we've had a single crazy keeper blunder actually. Does he have high Eccentricity or something?

Wriches: If a Prem club is interested I'd start it at 500k min :) You can always lower it if the interest doesn't rekindle. Might even be worth offering him to clubs at 1m. You probably won't get takers (or get takers at a lower offer), but it might force the interest early. Just remember to always add the +50% as it will make any clubs who offer at least give you a sell on!

minor update: My team can defend. My team can score. My team can not seem to do both at once and its incredibly frustrating.

edit: Despite getting super easy draws in the first two qualifing rounds of the FA cup, we have still managed to botch both initial games and have had to play replays. Yeah for unnecessary fixture congestion later on!

Heh myt team can score but cant defend for crap in the Championship. Somehow the board gave me a wage budget increase of a bit so I could sign one more player. The promotion/relagation/promotion have given heaps of my players infalted salaries and egos

Might have to do some slashing in the offseason :|

wriches Not sure, I scored the goal :p He isnt my keeper. He is from Wigan. He did let 4 goals in that day though

I think im going to be lucky to stay in the Championship this season. Sitting in 20th now, just cant get consistancy going.

Wow just watched a cracker of a game. Brisbane Roar 3 - Melbourne Victory 3

Go the Roar!!

That game has shown that the A-League is really coming along and for Austrlia to go out in the first round is rubbish. Our video was fkn crap though

North Ferriby 2011-2012 Pre-season Report

Tranfers

Friendlies

North Ferriby 2-2 North Ferriby Res

North Ferriby 2-5 Crawley

North Ferriby 0-2 Hull City

North Ferriby 0-5 Leyton Orient

Hyde 1-0 North Ferriby

Pre-season Comments

It was not the best of times in the pre season friendlies but i make quite a few signings all on free transfers. I try to cut all all of the dead wood but wont sell so after their contracts run out i will proberly release them as i cannot afford their compensation for releasing them now.

I also got myself some backroom staff not the best but they will do including scouts ass man and first team coach.

For this season

I think my target has to be to rebuild the team and finish anywhere but Relegation so in a few seasons time i can be fighting for promotion to the Blue Square Premier. The Board has said to fight bravely against Relegation and the media prediction was 22nd however promotion odds are 15-2 which is the joint 5th fav for promotion for some reason i dont understand.

lol i have just started my season and i have had a good first game won 1-0 vs Stalybridge at church lane then i lost to Corby 2-0 at corby then got thrapped by Harrogate 6-0 at church lane now im on terrible morale any tips which could make me a bit better?

danzman set your match prep to team blend, make sure everyone is playing in their best place. maybe talk up the potential of your players to the press. talk them up in press conferences as well. ego stroking = wins

Right i have just changed the math prep like you said everyone played in their natural positions but how do you talk about the players to the press? The only thing i found is how to talk to the press about the manager of Harrogate after he said that im going for the drop after the match. I also talk to the press about them as well so thats sorted. Just need to know about how to talk to the press about a player.

Edit: just lost to Alfreton 5-0 was 4-0 by the 25th minute i dont know if its my tactics or if its just my players are just not good lol.

canveyisland120x150.png

Season: 2015/16. Blue Square South

Media Prediction: 18th.

Actual finish: 5th (promoted via play-offs).

After last season's step backwards (8th after 6th the previous season), I wasn't too hopeful about this year. Decent free agents were thin on the ground, although I managed to find 4 squad players (Shimmin, Price, Jukes, Gardner) in July, and added an attacking midfielder (Hermann Diallo) in September. Transfers

The season was a very strange one; the team ran hot and cold again, winning 5 on the trot early on, then losing the next 3 (and a lot more besides, not soon after). We went out of both Cup and Trophy early on, and things came to a head with two games in January; Against 10-men Bishop's Stortford we equalised and then conceded twice in an abject display, and then the next game threw away a 1-0 lead after being reduced to 10-men against a Bromley team that ended up relegated. I realised that we were severly under-achieving, so fiddled with tactics for a few games (and 4 straight losses) until results started to come. And kept coming.

9 wins in a row and we were on the brink of the play-offs. We had to get a better result than Bishop's Stortford; away at Hayes & Yeading, 2-1 and a man down, we hit a late equaliser, and the draw was enough as BS lost at Chelmsford.

The semi against Welling gave 2-0 wins home and away, to earn a trip to Forest Green in the final. 3-0 up by half-time, FG pulled it back to 3-2, then had two players sent off. We eventually ran out 4-2 winners, and with it a (pretty undeserved) place in the Blue Square Premier.

Final league table

League position progress

Accolades: Franz Lamadjur BSS MoY Domonic Samuel BSS PoY and BSS top scorer BSS player stats

Domonic Samuel profile

sig1516php.png

Career Overview

Season    Team                  Country            League               League Finish     Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Canvey Island              England    Blue Square Bet South      16th                    nil 
2012/13    Canvey Island              England    Blue Square Bet South      16th                    nil 
2013/14    Canvey Island              England    Blue Square Bet South      6th                FAC 4r replay
2014/15    Canvey Island              England    Blue Square Bet South      8th                     nil 
2015/16    Canvey Island              England    Blue Square Bet South      5th        Play-off winners - Promoted 

Next season: 2016/17. First season in Blue Square Premier. I'd be happy just to stay up, as I don't think we belong there!

minor update: My team can defend. My team can score. My team can not seem to do both at once and its incredibly frustrating.

edit: Despite getting super easy draws in the first two qualifing rounds of the FA cup, we have still managed to botch both initial games and have had to play replays. Yeah for unnecessary fixture congestion later on!

Unbelieveable. I think this result sums up my frustration. We were unable to get the job done at home against lower level opposition and have to play a replay. We scored twice in 15 minutes, but gave up 3. The referee completely lost control of the game in the second half and just started throwing around cards for fun. My first red card was a last man and the only legitimate card of the half. Surprisingly, we actually figured out how to defend when down to 10 men, and then 9 men, but scoring wasn't happening at that point. The game went to penalties, and with my best penalty taker one of the red cards that wasn't going to happen.

Penalties **** me off. I have never actually saved one, and my players cant ever seem to score the damn things. The first guy for them was a penalty 6. He scores easily. I sent up a 16!!! and he cant even keep it on target. The draw for the 1st round was going to be super favorable, with a home tie against yet another lower level side. However, we blew it and will not get a big money game this year.

Sutton United Season 2 Review

Blue Square South.

Predicted finish: 11th

League table Woking won in the playoffs.

Positions graph

Well what a season it was!

Me and the team grew and learnt from the 1st season and I was feeling confident going into the season. Having said that I knew my defence was my weak point and that I was going to have to rely on outscoring teams. Que a very exciting, Keegan like season!

A team that blended youth and experience was absolutely dominant in the League, pretty much from the word go. We went 14 points clear after 30 games and I was pretty sure then that the title was most definitely ours to lose.

And in major contrast to last season we didn't once look like we would lose it. BSP here we come!

FA Cup

As with last year we exceeded expectations, going 1 round further than expected. We lost an away replay in the 1st round at league 1 Colchester. Disappointing as we were the better side in both games but couldn't get past their keeper.

FA Trophy

Again we exceeded the boards hopes, going out in the 4th round, away to Woking who are something of a bogey team.

My Player of the Season

Like last year this goes to my top scorer. Its just a different top scorer this year. Step forward, Conor Smith who earned himself a call up to the Irish U21's at the end of the season, along with the leagues top scorer title.

His poor composure meant that he didn't do well when given time on the ball, luckily my attacking style meant that more often than not when he got the ball he just had to shoot, head or run the ball into the net. Lethal and will doubtless surpass Romone Rose's club record goals tally soon enough.

The Other Heroes

I really needed a goalkeeper. Imagine my pleasure at finding ex Chelsea youth Jan Sebek at the trials match. As a regular for the Czech U21's he missed a few games in October/November and we suffered our worst defeats without the big man. Hanging onto him could be tough.

Sebek was helped by a superb centre back partnership. Club captain Callum Reynolds went from strength to strength and forged an excellent understanding with Daniel Boateng. Boateng had more cards than Clinton's but was still absolutely outstanding. He won the Fans Player of the Year award which is astonishing considering the competition. As he's now on the favoured personnel I guess his hardcore style is appreciated.

Henry Muggeridge was superb at left back and there is more to come from him I think.

Last seasons top scorer Romone Rose had another great season. With Conor Smith coming into the team alongside Mooney up front I did a Jose Mourinho/Samuel Eto'o move and forced Rose out to the wing. He didn't let the team down and still chipped in with goals and assists.

Darren Carter had a few knocks here and there and struggled at the start of the season but his class shone through in the end. His passing and set piece delivery meant we were a massive threat. When Carter was out or playing left wing, young Jimmy Rogers took over in the centre of the park and was terrific. Good passer of the ball who can only get better.

Vice Captain Ibrahim Farah got a call up to the Welsh U21's which was well deserved. He plays with a maturity that belies his age.

I only managed to pick up 2nd in Manager of the Year this time and criminally none of my players won Player of the Year. Smith, Rose, Mooney and Carter were all nominated but I think they probably did a Man Utd, and split the vote so much that someone else stole it.

Team stats

Despite me being very good with my wage budget the club is financially mash up. We are £300k in the red, the board pumped over £140k in this season to keep us afloat and the chairman is willing to listen to offers. This bit is not cool.

Need for next year:

More defensive strength.

Some money.

More defensive strength.

More money.

Aims for next season:

Stay in the BSP.

Good cup runs to raise some money.

Stay out of administration.

So in summary, on the pitch great, off it, not so hot!

Come on the U's!

Chip.png

CHIPPENHAM TOWN FC

SEASON 3 - 2013/14

PREDICTION - 24th

FINAL RESULT - 14TH

THE SEASON

Was a rough season, started poorly but after a few games found my stride and even went on a few unbeaten runs, but injuries and fixture congestion at Xmas killed me and say me slip all the way down the table to 20th, a heroic battle in the last 10 games, losing only twice meant we secured a respectable 14th. The board where more than pleased.

League Table

Our cup form however was phenomenal and if we could have taken some of this into the league i think we could have been real promotion contenders.

Johnstone's Paint Trohpy Winners

FA Cup 6th Round

This run saw us take the scalps of 2 League 1 sides, 1 Championship side and even Premiership Wigan.

Obviously this also helped me out finacially and sees the club 1.5M in the black, so hopefully so cash for the new season should be available.

Average Ratings

Goals Scored

Top Scorers

My goals this season where spread pretty thinly among all of my strikers and their was no clear favorite, Johanson had the most starts, but despite many good stats his age and lack of pace meant he didnt pick up as many goals as he should of, this was epitomized by 10 hours without scoring.

1. Graham Burke

Despite being played on the wing for most of the season, set to being an inside forward he managed to bang the most goals in all season, Including the goal against watford that took us in to the FA cup 6th round.

2. Karsten Johansen

Seen as an Great signing at the begining of the season but didnt seem to click in the end, think his pace let him down. Still managed to bang some important goals in during the campaign.

Top 5 Players

1. Matthew Pearson

An absolute rock at the back and also a threat for corners and free kicks, contributed with 7 goals to the good as well.

2. Paul Harper

Spent the first half of the season on loan, manly due to his high wages to be honest put started the last 10 game scoring times.

3. Christiano Kisuka

2nd season in the top 5, wasnt used as often this year but still managed to pull 8 goals out of the bag.

4. Alejandro

On loan from parent club Swindon, he filled in for Arnaud Mendy due to him being out for a majority of the season, and did well. Surprised that Swindon sent anyone to me as their manager hates me, and bizarrely didn't happen until half way through the season.

5. Callum Webb

A solid performer through out the season.

Season         League End Position                   Achievements
2011-12          BSN     3rd                   Promotion via playoffs
2012-13          BSP     5th                    Promotion via Playoffs
2113-14          NPL2   14th                   JPT Winners, 6th Round FA Cup

So, I have finished my first season in my very first career attempt on FM, despite many years of playing! Here goes:

Kendal Town

Season 1 - 2011/2012

Friendlies - Great way to start off a campaign, though the Gainsborough match might be a sign of things to come but seemed to pick right back up overall.

League Table - One place higher would have been just perfect, but happy enough with where I ended up! The final run of fixtures was just not good enough.

FA Cup - Very pleased with the team for their effort here - knocking out one L1 side, and almost hanging in there against another. Great win in replay at Braintree too!

FA Trophy - Absolutely nothing here - Had a half decent game with a lot of backup players due to fatigue, and just couldn't quite get into the swing. Maybe next year!

Play Off Run

Semi Final First Leg

Semi Final Second Leg

Final

Boardroom Overview

Start of Season and Half Way Point and End of Season - Managed to reach AND maintain the status of "Untouchable" which made me very happy, hopefully this will give me plenty of breathing space should all go wrong next season!

Board Confidence

Start of Season and Half Way Point and End of Season - I hoped for a little bit more here. Although nothing is too bad (although a little disappointed with the "Wages" section as it is only a little over and this decreased dramatically right towards the very end of the season) it could, and should have been a little higher in most categories.

Finances

Start of Season and Half Way Point and and End of Season - So overall I managed to "lose" £26,627 over the course of the season. Would have liked to have made a little profit, or at least stay in the black. Saying that, being in the red to the tune of £1,627.00 isn't something I will lose sleep over. Wages got the better of me towards the end of the season as I strengthened my team to ensure we could cope with the run in.

Manager Profile

Start of Season and Half Way Point and End of Season - Not too much change as to be expected so early on, although quite liking the "Talented Manager" remark! Attributes screen for a little extra info. And there was a nice reward at the end of it all too.

End of Season Summary - Some very good mention here for my Kendal Team, very proud!

Well one Season down, many more to come I should think. Very happy with how everything went overall. Would have liked that title, but it just wasn't to be.

BLue Square Premer here I come!

*Feel free to make any comments on the style or content of these posts, I haven't been an active member on a forum in a while and a bit rusty, so if I can do anything better or that you'd prefer, please let me know!

Has anyone else really struggled to sign good enough players once you reach League 1? At best, average players are asking for £1,500 p/w (which we simply cannot pay); at worst, they're not at all interested in signing.

I'm wondering if the fact we've had 3 straight promotions means our rep hasn't had time to catch up yet, so we're still kind of a BSP side.

I've even tried loaning some very average youngsters who were on loan in League 2 last season, but they're never interested in a loan move to League 1 this season! They always say they have "no intention of joining Tonbridge on loan" too, which is just rude! :(

wriches your rep probably sucks. Takes me awhile to get players onto my side when u get promoted really quick. Getting relagated from the Championship was really good for me. Rep must have gone up heaps and I did well in the L1 again went back up and its easy to sign ppl now.

Has anyone else really struggled to sign good enough players once you reach League 1? At best, average players are asking for £1,500 p/w (which we simply cannot pay); at worst, they're not at all interested in signing.

I'm wondering if the fact we've had 3 straight promotions means our rep hasn't had time to catch up yet, so we're still kind of a BSP side.

I've even tried loaning some very average youngsters who were on loan in League 2 last season, but they're never interested in a loan move to League 1 this season! They always say they have "no intention of joining Tonbridge on loan" too, which is just rude! :(

I think it would be more down to how the promotions were. I think there is a big difference in how much rep you get by winning titles than play-offs which thankfully I avoided.

Ah, I see. Yeah, that's probably it - in my first season I won the league and FA Trophy and noticed a big difference in players willing to sign for me. But since then we've been promoted via the play-offs and then 3rd place, and our rep hardly seems to have changed. Oh well.

Despite winning 3 consecutive promotions, Sanchez Watt wants to play at a bigger club. He ripped League 2 to shreds last season and would probably have done the same in League 1. Devastating.

I didn't think to grab the screenshot of the conversation we had and for some reason it doesn't come up in the private chat history.... which is a shame as his replies were ridiculous. This shows how quickly he changed his tune though!

Need some advice please. I accepted his transfer request, but how much should I try and get for him? For some reason his value is just 30k, which seems strangely low to me. What should I set his asking price to and should I keep his status as "Indispensable to the club"? I understand that "Not needed" will increase the interest in him, but will it also result in lower offers as they think I'm desperate?

If anyone's interested, I got 110k + 30% future sale for him, from Peterborough in the Championship. Very disappointed - I thought he was worth a lot more than that.

At 33-1 to win the title, our chances weren't great.

This was the season I had been waiting for. New stadium and in the Championship again, but in a much more financially stable state now. We were getting good crowds in and the money was flowing in some huge pre season games. Friendlies against Man U and Tottenham brought in 150k per game which blew my mind.

The season started well with a few wins against easier opponents but then the cracks in our defence were shown as we had a back streak coming into xmas as usual. Cup runs did nothing to help with this but we struggled through until April and found ourselves in a respectable 18th which I was very proud of. As I am writing this, I have just been given 20k extra on my wage budget and 2.3mil transfer budget, so some fresh faces will give us a huge boost next season.

League Table

League Positions

FA Cup - Did really well this year. drew Tottenham first up whcih was scary and in front of a packed house at home we drew 1-1. Then in the replay at White Hart Lane we snaked a last minute goal to take it 3-2. Next up was League 2 team Oldham. We played terribly in front of a poor crowd at home, then took the win 3-1 away. Wolves away was going to be a challenge and after a tough game we got through to a replay 3-3. In a really tense game at home we scored an early goal and parked the bus to get us to the next round. Man City at home 3 DAYS AFTER THE WOLVES REPLAY........We always had no chance in this game. Most of my team was 75% coming into the game and we were 4-0 down at the half. We brought one back after halftime and held City out, but it was a poor showing with the boys very tired from the Wolves game. Man City went on to win the FA Cup.

League Cup - We did well with a big win against Millwall, rivals of our parent club West Ham then had a big win over Premier League West Brom in a Live TV game. In what is becoming a tradition, Tottenham beat us 2-2 on penalties.

Squad - Doing well but need more defensive strength and a GK backup

Transfers - Perez and Maurer were great pickups for the defence. Kokolakis and Cummins are projects for the midfield and Adams should turn into a good Striker. I dumped some old guys and got rid of whiny Eric Beard and sold young gun keeper to Watford for a tidy profit. Both have 30% sell on clauses

Key Player Profiles

Jamel Bahri - Did fairly well. I want to see how well he progresses this season and whether to keep him. Might get in a youngster from the premier league and train him up to replace Bahri

Javier Romero - Great winger who loves to set up goals

Danny Duncan © - Still awesome. Will probably spend the rest of his career here. Been at Croydon since the BSS days :)

Mircea Bacila (VC)- Getting some big offers for him now and just resigned him on a stupid big deal. Might let him go at the end of that for 1.5mil +

Player of the Season Chris George - This guy LOVES to score goals. I have him tutoring young Kiwi striker Craig Adams. Should be a good matchup

Career Overview

Season    Team                          Country            League               League Finish     Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South      14th                    nil 
2012/13    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South      13th              FA Trophy Win
2013/14    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South       1st              Promotion to BSP
2014/15    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet Premier     2nd              Promotion to League 2
2015/16    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 2             9th               JP Trophy Winner
2016/17    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 2             3rd               JP Trophy Winner/Promotion to League 1
2017/18    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             6th                 Playoff Semi Final Loss
2018/19    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             13th                  nil
2019/20    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             10th                  nil
2020/21    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             3rd                  Playoff Promotion
2021/22    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower Championship        23rd                  Relagation
2022/23    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             1st                  Champions/Promotion
2023/24    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower Championship       18th                  Rnd 6 FA Cup

The chairman has finally given me some money to spend on players. 2.3mil and 73k/week, LETS GO!

Upgraded the youth facilities twice this season, but the board still wont allow a training facilities upgrade or a youth recruitment network :| all the young guys I get have great training while they are here, but they all suck

Next Season

Goals : More cash for upgrades.

A nice Cup run would be good :)

To be within spitting distance of the playoffs

Upgrade the squad!

Isn't that normal around Xmas time? 26th and 28th December IRL I think.

Yeah normally a few games 3/4 days between each one.

But was in Jan and on 1st and 2nd. Team not looking fit at all but managed to get a win vs Burnley and a lucky draw vs Liverpool.

A whole month with games every 3/4 games doesn't seem that bad after that : )

Yeah normally a few games 3/4 days between each one.

But was in Jan and on 1st and 2nd. Team not looking fit at all but managed to get a win vs Burnley and a lucky draw vs Liverpool.

A whole month with games every 3/4 games doesn't seem that bad after that : )

Heh, yeah. It's annoying when you have games every few days for ages, then all of a sudden you have 2 weeks off because they decide to postpone a couple of games as you have one guy playing for the Norwegian U18s or something. FFS! :mad:

Getting back into this today, As have a whole day to devote only to FM

Hastings are currently at January 2017 and sitting mid table in their first season in the Championship,

I think due to my lack of time recently i missed an update from the promotion season from League 1 so will get that up some time today,

Safety looks assured this season but we have no hope of promotion, just not good enough, i sense a few seasons of building in the championship before an assault on the Premiership will be possible,

The biggest issue is that i am still in my pokey 4050 Capacity Stadium with a huge 800 seats

Nantwich town had a record of 0-2-8. Our goal differential was -15 or -1.5 goals per game. We were in dead last of the table with several points behind the next best team. Our two draws came only from two teams also in relegation fights.

Our tactics, a 4-4-2 slow tempo control game seemed to work ok. We usually could get the edge in posession. But we were conceding goals and not scoring.

So, one game, after we went down 0-1, I decided, what the heck. If we play this game out, the odds are that we are even going to lose by a bigger margin. So, I need to do something desperate. I subbed a striker in for one defender, and moved another defender (who was rated at ML) up to midfield. So this was a 2-5-3 formation. My thinking was that it was definitely worth the gamble. If we didn't do something drastic, we were going to lose anyway. The only downside risk is that the other team might gain a bigger goal difference than they would have against our typical 4-4-2.

Holy Mackerel! It worked! We managed to get two draws from this after being down in two games. On a different game, the opponents really tore the two man defense up and scored a lot. So, in that game it back-fired. But that's ok, because we were losing and have not yet won a game. If we get defeated even heavier by a favored team, that's ok. A loss is a loss.

So now, I'm thinking. Why wait to use the "desperation attack" formation until we are down in a game. Why not use it from the start and see if we can get a win. I think I might try to use that from now on, until it goes really wrong. If it can give us our first win, it will be worth it.

I tell you though, if you are considering adoption something similar. It really brings on a nervous game. Teams bombard the goal, and I keep just praying that the shots cross the line for goal kicks rather than finding the back of the net. Many shots bounce off of the keeper, but that's ok, because by then the midfield has had a chance to come back and help mark players.

The five man midfield fall back to help out on defense, but it takes them a while to get there. If the opponent gets a break away, it's usually at least 2 on 2, and often 3 or 4 on two. Quite nerve racking. But on the upside, when we have the ball in their half, it is great. There is usually at least one and maybe two players open in space. On every cross, there's a good chance that one of my players will get a touch on the ball.

I'll tell you one thing, it makes for exciting games. A back and force slug fest if you will.

Ok, enough gabbing. Back to seeing if we can get a win.

5100070.png

Hastings Utd

Season 5 - 2015/16 – League 1

Prediction - 24th

Actual - 2nd

Due to Family and work commitments i think i missed this update as i am nearly finished the following season, so i will make this brief as there will be another update very shortly,

After a transitional season last season i felt we had an outside chance of the Play Offs, We had aquired some good players and a sound foundation,

The season started a little on the inconsistent side, but we soon put that right and got ourselves on a role, We got ourselves into the Play Off places after 15 games and we never dropped out of them for the rest of the season, the question was could we get an automatic spot, The championship was never a posibility as Charlton ran away with the league having just come down they flew back up and finished 13 pts clear of 2nd place, which ended up being us, but not with out some drama,

We started the final game of the season in 2nd place on goal difference, and although we were a couple of goals better off than Gillingham we could still have missed out, As it happened we managed to win our game comfortably by 4 goals and gillingham only won by 1 so we had assured 2nd place and Championship football next season

Top Players

Next Season

Survive

Career Overview

[left][b]Season        League                        League Finish            Achievements[/b][/left]

2011/12       Blue Square South             1st                      Promoted/Champions
2012/13       Blue Square Premier           4th                      Promoted/Play Off Winners
2013/14       League 2                      5th                      Promoted/Play Off Winners
2014/15       League 1                      12th                     None
2015/16       League 1                      2nd                      Promotion

Hastings Legends

100 Apperance Club

[left][b]Name                 Joined   Position      Apperances       Played In[/b]
Adam Street           2011       GK            174           Blue Square South, Blue Square Premier, League 2, League 1
Reece Hands           2012       MC            173                              Blue Square Premier, League 2, League 1
Alex Nicholson        2012       DR            172                              Blue Square Premier, League 2, League 1
Ryan Fredericks       2012       AMR           130                              Blue Square Premier, League 2, League 1
Jamie Edge            2012       MC            129                              Blue Square Premier, League 2, League 1
Victor Palsson        2013       MC            112                                                   League 2, League 1
Thomas Cruise         2012       DL            112                              Blue Square Premier, League 2, League 1[/left]

Top Goal Scorers (Min 20 Goals)

[b]Name                       Joined       Position      Apperances      Goals      GPG      Divisions Scored In[/b]
Guylain Ndumbu-Nsungu       2011           SC             89           49        0.55     Blue Square South, Blue Square Premier, League 2
Kristjan Emilsson           2013           SC             92           44        0.48                                             League 2, League 1
Nicola Saric                2012           SC             99           41        0.41                        Blue Square Premier, League 2, League 1
Christian Montano           2011           SC             71           30        0.42     Blue Square South, Blue Square Premier, League 2
Danny Hoesen                2012           SC             98           30        0.31                        Blue Square Premier, League 2, League 1
Ryan Fredericks             2012           MR            130           25        0.19                        Blue Square Premier, League 2, League 1
Marko Maletic               2015           SC             40           23        0.58                                                       League 1
Djibril Fall                2014           SC             68           22        0.32                                                       League 1

50 Assist Club

NONE YET

For those losing the will to go on: it gets better! League 1 is so much fun. We're being comprehensively outplayed in pretty much every match, but playing the likes of Southampton, Charlton and Norwich every game is awesome.

Archived