FM2011 Editor Advanced Rules Activation and Discussion

magicmastermind124

In the KO round stage, I usually tell the competitions to get teams from league stage - specify the stage name and the number of teams, and which positions they come from. There are plenty of options when getting teams, like to reverse the teams on the list so that the lower-placed teams are picked first if you specify how many teams enter in the next round.

Thanks. You are the name. Did it all. I only cant make (and I think it is not possible) to make hosts of OFC Nations Cup. Although there are hosts of some rounds in real, not changed game, there is no such a thing. I make new Gold Cup system and there is host, and everything, also with Club World Cup, and when I redo OFC Cup, there is no host named. All games played in one city, beside final (groups in Hamilton, final in Auckland).

Would be delighted if I could do that, but seems nothing. But this is fair enough.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That doesn't work in this case, because I only don't want the B team to gain access to the round if its parent team is in the level above it, not disallow B teams in general. I found a workaround that seems to work but it's not that pretty. By making the promotion stage a separate competition and setting the level to one lower than the league they're coming from, I can make them "promote" to the promotion round instead of qualifying. That way the game does its usual magic of deciding who gets promoted, but I really would prefer the promotion round to be a stage. Unfortunately I haven't yet been able to make the new promotion competition actually finish and record a winner, so I'm back at the problem where the season never updates, but I'll keep digging.

That was exactly what I tried a few days ago - as soon as I transferred the promotion stage into a new competition, the season wouldn't update anymore. Couldn't find any way to get it to work, so I had to revert it back to the setting where the promotion stage is hosted by one of the child competitions of that level.

Thanks. You are the name. Did it all. I only cant make (and I think it is not possible) to make hosts of OFC Nations Cup. Although there are hosts of some rounds in real, not changed game, there is no such a thing. I make new Gold Cup system and there is host, and everything, also with Club World Cup, and when I redo OFC Cup, there is no host named. All games played in one city, beside final (groups in Hamilton, final in Auckland).

Would be delighted if I could do that, but seems nothing. But this is fair enough.

Well I'm not so sure about the host but I looked at the Four Associations Competition in the comps.fmf file (inter folder) and instead of having a schedule it has the match days in Dates and has stadium as Ask Competition Neutral. Other competitions have the stadium as Stadium 0, 1 etc.

That was exactly what I tried a few days ago - as soon as I transferred the promotion stage into a new competition, the season wouldn't update anymore. Couldn't find any way to get it to work, so I had to revert it back to the setting where the promotion stage is hosted by one of the child competitions of that level.

I got it working by using the Stages From Other Competitions tab in the new competition. I added the divisions that get transferred to the new competition and checked "Isn't always added". I'm not entirely sure why, but that solved both the setting up/scheduling problem and it also finishes properly now.

I'm curious how your stage in one of the child competitions works out for you, because I would actually prefer to have the promotion round be a stage rather than a separate competition. What are the downsides of your method?

Well I'm not so sure about the host but I looked at the Four Associations Competition in the comps.fmf file (inter folder) and instead of having a schedule it has the match days in Dates and has stadium as Ask Competition Neutral. Other competitions have the stadium as Stadium 0, 1 etc.

Thanks. Will try that.

I'm just getting a few things in order (graphics etc.) before my first game of new FM! Think I might put that Academy Champions League in place before I get started, any ideas on how best to go about setting this up?

And whilst I'm at the editor I'll add Damien Camoli to the Liverpool backroom- any ideas on what position I should give him? And If I make him director of football, does it take away from my role at all?

How do you properly relegate teams from the lowest playable division? I have set the league fate to qualify relegated teams for the level below, which is not playable, but the teams never get relegated. Some end up in different divisions of the same level as before, others end up in the parent competition, but none actually go down a level.

Not sure if I need to use advanced panel or not but can someone help me in changing the work permit regulations for England? I know you can do it in nation rules but it means re-adding all the competitions etc. and I'd rather not have to do that.

You need to set up the Competition in the Advanced Rules but do not set up any stages for it. Also add it to the list of competitions.

I tried that but it still doesn't relegate anybody. Also, I looked at mrt90's Brazil file, and he doesn't define the lowest division at all in the advanced rules, nor did he add it to the list of competitions. It also appears like setting the league fate isn't necessary for relegation to an unplayable level. I must be missing something, but I'm stumped.

I tried that but it still doesn't relegate anybody. Also, I looked at mrt90's Brazil file, and he doesn't define the lowest division at all in the advanced rules, nor did he add it to the list of competitions. It also appears like setting the league fate isn't necessary for relegation to an unplayable level. I must be missing something, but I'm stumped.

Same problem here. do you have some sub-divisions with relegations to an unplayable lower division, while others have no relegation? I suspect this to be the reason...

Same problem here. Have you some sub-divisions with relegations to an unplayable lower division, while others have no relegation? I suspect this to be the reason...

Well, sort of. All actual divisions on the lowest level relegate at least some teams, but now that I've turned the promotion playoff from a stage to a competition you're right, because the promotion playoff doesn't relegate anybody, but I'm not sure why that would matter. I'll try removing the promotion competition altogether and if that fixes the relegation problem at least I've narrowed down the problem.

Not sure if I need to use advanced panel or not but can someone help me in changing the work permit regulations for England? I know you can do it in nation rules but it means re-adding all the competitions etc. and I'd rather not have to do that.

You can find the Work Permit rules if you activate the Advanced Rules using the download on the OP. If you download the competitions file in the OP you'll find a file - comps/eng/eng.xml - if you open that with the editor you'll find the work permit rules for England and you can change them, along with anything else in that file.

magicmastermind, one more question :)

When there are two group stages, it only records stats (strikers, cards, wins, attendances and so on) for first group stage, and after, in second group stage and ind k.o. round nothing. How to solve that?

No idea :(

I have opened the file "gre" (greece) in the folder Football Manager 2011\tools\editor\data\basic comps

and I have changed the rules of greek superleague

<string id="subs_rules" value="three_from_seven"/>

into

<string id="subs_rules" value="eleven_from_twelve"/>

I started new game but the rules remain the same..

how do I enable the changed into the game?

I have also put the xml file into the editor data folder in my documents and have chosen it when I was creating a new game and still cannot make it to work..

I only want to change the number of subs...

thank you

I have opened the file "gre" (greece) in the folder Football Manager 2011\tools\editor\data\basic comps

into

I have also put the xml file into the editor data folder in my documents and have chosen it when I was creating a new game and still cannot make it to work..

I only want to change the number of subs...

thank you

You've asked in 3 places now.

I have used to resource acrhiver and saved the comps.fmf file in my docs. I have changed one of the teams in the Four Ass comp. Do I need to do anything with that file after I have made the changes?

Just put it in Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2011/editor data. Also change the version number to a higher number (5 should do).

FuryG: For testing, I removed my promotion competition, and then the relegations work as expected, so that is the culprit. I'm not sure why yet and what inside the promotion competition caused this, but at least it's a start.

Maybe I really should focus my efforts on getting the promotion playoff to work as a stage rather than a separate competition, though I don't think it'll be possible that way to prevent teams from qualifying for that stage who wouldn't be eligible for promotion at the end of the playoff, which could prove to be a real headache.

I have used to resource acrhiver and saved the comps.fmf file in my docs. I have changed one of the teams in the Four Ass comp. Do I need to do anything with that file after I have made the changes?

Is this by any chance an attempt to re-create something similar to the Home Nations Championship? If so I'd be interested to know if it works because I intend to do the same thing! :D

Is this by any chance an attempt to re-create something similar to the Home Nations Championship? If so I'd be interested to know if it works because I intend to do the same thing! :D

No, im actually putting Northern Ireland back in!!! I have recreated Northern Ireland and replaced the old one with a different nation (there is a valid reason for doing it), so I need to get NI back in!

Thanks mastermind. Im assuming I just need to put the file for the comp I edited rather than the entire folder?! I put the xml file into the folder but when I load FM its not showing in the select editor files!

FuryG: For testing, I removed my promotion competition, and then the relegations work as expected, so that is the culprit. I'm not sure why yet and what inside the promotion competition caused this, but at least it's a start.

Maybe I really should focus my efforts on getting the promotion playoff to work as a stage rather than a separate competition, though I don't think it'll be possible that way to prevent teams from qualifying for that stage who wouldn't be eligible for promotion at the end of the playoff, which could prove to be a real headache.

You're asking for something which I doubt is possible in game unless SI implemented it. You can still allow the B team to qualify for the promotion stage but you can stop them from being promoted if their parent club is in a league above them. But you don't want the club to qualify if their parent club is in that division IIRC?

No, im actually putting Northern Ireland back in!!! I have recreated Northern Ireland and replaced the old one with a different nation (there is a valid reason for doing it), so I need to get NI back in!

Thanks mastermind. Im assuming I just need to put the file for the comp I edited rather than the entire folder?! I put the xml file into the folder but when I load FM its not showing in the select editor files!

Are you using FM10 by any chance? Using FM10 the files never show up unless there is a change in the database. This is not the case for FM11.

You're asking for something which I doubt is possible in game unless SI implemented it. You can still allow the B team to qualify for the promotion stage but you can stop them from being promoted if their parent club is in a league above them. But you don't want the club to qualify if their parent club is in that division IIRC?

Yeah, you got it. It worked when I made the promotion playoff a competition and gave it the same level as the division above. Then, when teams "promoted" into that playoff instead of qualifying for it, the game took care of only allowing teams which would be eligible to play at that level. It was a nice workaround which will not work when using stages. Unfortunately the playoff competition screwed up my relegations, so now either have to fix that relegation problem somehow or find a similar workaround using stages.

I actually have an idea for another workaround using stages, which I'm going to test next. I could give out a promotion spot at the end of the first league stage, and then use a league fate to set the promoted team as also qualified. Then in the promotion stage I can draw all qualified teams, which would already be screened for promotion eligibility at that point. As long as there's no league fate in the first stage that actually goes through with the promotion they won't actually get promoted, right?

hey people

did someone make a division with a relegation playoff without teams from lower division?

i need some help with it

i have a secondary division that has a first stage with two groups

top 5 of each qualify for a league of 10 to know champions and promoted teams

bottom 3 of each go for a relegation playoff

i'm kinda stuck as i don't know how to set up these two final stages correctly to record winners

Are you using FM10 by any chance? Using FM10 the files never show up unless there is a change in the database. This is not the case for FM11.

No im using FM11. I used the resource archiver and saved the comps folder in my documents. I then went into the folder and in the 'inter' I located the inter_four_associations file. I opened the xml file and changed one unique id. I then copied that file into the editor data folder. (There is no reference to a version btw). When I load fm its not there!?!

Yeah, you got it. It worked when I made the promotion playoff a competition and gave it the same level as the division above. Then, when teams "promoted" into that playoff instead of qualifying for it, the game took care of only allowing teams which would be eligible to play at that level. It was a nice workaround which will not work when using stages. Unfortunately the playoff competition screwed up my relegations, so now either have to fix that relegation problem somehow or find a similar workaround using stages.

I actually have an idea for another workaround using stages, which I'm going to test next. I could give out a promotion spot at the end of the first league stage, and then use a league fate to set the promoted team as also qualified. Then in the promotion stage I can draw all qualified teams, which would already be screened for promotion eligibility at that point. As long as there's no league fate in the first stage that actually goes through with the promotion they won't actually get promoted, right?

Why don't you try setting up a competition that they qualify for, rather than have them promote to. Set the competition to the same level as the one above the division they play in, and get teams from league stage. That way you don't have to relegate the teams back down, and you can set the teams to be promoted from their division using fate actions.

hey people

did someone make a division with a relegation playoff without teams from lower division?

i need some help with it

i have a secondary division that has a first stage with two groups

top 5 of each qualify for a league of 10 to know champions and promoted teams

bottom 3 of each go for a relegation playoff

i'm kinda stuck as i don't know how to set up these two final stages correctly to record winners

Set up league rankings so each club has a separate rank for where they finish.

Why don't you try setting up a competition that they qualify for, rather than have them promote to. Set the competition to the same level as the one above the division they play in, and get teams from league stage. That way you don't have to relegate the teams back down, and you can set the teams to be promoted from their division using fate actions.

Because I think the game only calculates eligibility when teams are promoted, not qualified, but I'll give it another try. Your other point is interesting though. I didn't actually relegate teams back to their previous level, so maybe that screwed up my relegations from the bottom tier.

Update: You're a genius. Qualifying to a higher tier worked just the same as promoting, and now my relegation problem is sorted as well.

About this archiever (or whatever is called), I just tried it, and there are just some dates and results for World Cup qualifiers. Am I right or it was just my mistake?

I really wanted to implement new CONCACAF system (three group stages), and make whole new Oceanian system, but it seems impossible. :(

You've asked in 3 places now.

Ok you told me to the other thread to come here and ask.Also I explained how accidentally did the double post in my other post.

I asked :

into

and you answered in the other topic

You should ask for help in the Advanced Rules discussion as SI don't support the Advanced Rules.

The subs rules you want aren't even in the selection of subs rules, so you can't use it.

So I am in the topic for advanced rules.And what I understand from your first answer is that the file "gre" I tweaked is not the correct file.

So my question now is, "what file, if any, I must tweak to change the sub rules of the league?"

I used the resource archiver and extract the comps.fmf but the league I want is not included there.

Is there any other way?

Because I think the game only calculates eligibility when teams are promoted, not qualified, but I'll give it another try. Your other point is interesting though. I didn't actually relegate teams back to their previous level, so maybe that screwed up my relegations from the bottom tier.

Update: You're a genius. Qualifying to a higher tier worked just the same as promoting, and now my relegation problem is sorted as well.

I'm glad it's working.

About this archiever (or whatever is called), I just tried it, and there are just some dates and results for World Cup qualifiers. Am I right or it was just my mistake?

I really wanted to implement new CONCACAF system (three group stages), and make whole new Oceanian system, but it seems impossible. :(

I haven't messed around with Internationals, but it would appear from the fixture lists that you can add results that have already been played prior to the game to get the real life standings. For now you'd have to add the results manually in the xml file.

Ok you told me to the other thread to come here and ask.Also I explained how accidentally did the double post in my other post.

I asked :

and you answered in the other topic

So I am in the topic for advanced rules.And what I understand from your first answer is that the file "gre" I tweaked is not the correct file.

So my question now is, "what file, if any, I must tweak to change the sub rules of the league?"

I used the resource archiver and extract the comps.fmf but the league I want is not included there.

Is there any other way?

I answered you in one of your other posts.

Basically because the 11 from 12 subs rules isn't selectable you can't use it. Even if you write in the xml file eleven_from_twelve the game won't recognise it because it's not an actual rule the game recognises. SI would need to implement it.

Ok thank you. Then I didn't understood very well.My english is not very good :p

I was thinking that maybe there was a way to make it like in friendly matches.

Stupid question number 2 : you said the 11 from 12 is not recognizable by the game.Is any number recognizable up from 3? 5 for example?something more than 3 would be ok.Or the game don't recognize anything but three from seven?

when you say selectable, I cannot find in the editor any place you can "select" subs.I have downloaded the advanced rules and unpacked it in the folder but cannot see any option for subs.

Sorry but I am noob in game editing..

I'm trying to make Eastern European U-21 Championship. The problem I've got is it draws senior teams, not U21 teams into my competition. How can I tell the game to draw U21 national teams? I have the competition set as U21 International Finals and I asked to pick specific teams (and here a list of all EE nations). I thought it would pick U21s automatically, but it didn't. So - can anyone help? Anyone tried junior international competitions?

I haven't messed around with Internationals, but it would appear from the fixture lists that you can add results that have already been played prior to the game to get the real life standings. For now you'd have to add the results manually in the xml file.

It seems to me that you did not understand what was my point. Some people here talk that one can change format of competition and so on, but there are just results of World Cup qualifiers, that are not even in the game, as there is new cycle to start in 2012. So that is what I find weird.

It seems to me that you did not understand what was my point. Some people here talk that one can change format of competition and so on, but there are just results of World Cup qualifiers, that are not even in the game, as there is new cycle to start in 2012. So that is what I find weird.

I don't know why they are there either. But perhaps we could use the same format of fixtures and results with the leagues in game, and if we load a different league that starts some months after the league with results, the results in the file will come up in the game.

But I understand your point. It'll be nearly impossible at the moment to recreate any international competition.

Is there a way to regionalize cups? I did set regional boundaries for the competition in the db but it's ignored. The only regionalization option in the advanced rules seems to be when using groups, or is there something else I can do? Basically I want the cup to draw teams out of the same region from several divisions, including national divisions.

You can utilize the "other division" option. Just assign all teams that can take part in a regional cup to this competition as "other division", and then utilize "Get all teams from division" --> Regional Cup X when setting up the cup in the advanced rules. :) If I'm not mistaken, you can get inspiration from MRT90's Brazil file in this respect.

I'm still having trouble getting the game to turn over to a new year. I have added 2 leagues to Scotland, Juniors West Premier League, and Juniors West Division One.

When plain and simple 2 up and 2 down between them is added, it works fine, game continues as normal.

when I add a promotion/relegation playoff is added, it allows the playoff to be played, but all league competitions stay at their finished state when the season turns over, the cup competitions (Scottish Cup, league cup and challenge cup), all are competed for, and the teams that have qualified for Europe take part in European competitions, the u19 leagues restart too.

Rankings and fates are set for new leagues and the playoff competition.

Here is file if anyone can identify the problem.

Advanced Editor - West of Scotland Leagues

Hi.

I am trying to create the Scandinavian winter cup, Royal League, in the editor using the advanced panel, which may be started again from 2011.

In real life, the first rounds of the cup will be played on La Manga Stadium in Spain, while the last rounds are played in Denmark, Norway and Sweden.

Is this possible in the editor?

Hi.

I am trying to create the Scandinavian winter cup, Royal League, in the editor using the advanced panel, which may be started again from 2011.

In real life, the first rounds of the cup will be played on La Manga Stadium in Spain, while the last rounds are played in Denmark, Norway and Sweden.

Is this possible in the editor?

Probably not. You could try setting a fixture in Stadium 0 through 9 and see if it works (by testing 10 times unless it works). Did they play there when the Royal League was scheduled in the past? I can't see that it was.

Probably not. You could try setting a fixture in Stadium 0 through 9 and see if it works (by testing 10 times unless it works). Did they play there when the Royal League was scheduled in the past? I can't see that it was.

Thanks. I'll try. But where do I set Stadioum 0, 1, 2, etc.?

No. It's a new concept. The Scandinavian grass pitches are not really playable in the Winter, and there was no spectators, so they have decided to move the first round to La Manga. Maybe Russian and Ukrainian teams will participate too. Nothing is settled yet though. :)

You can utilize the "other division" option. Just assign all teams that can take part in a regional cup to this competition as "other division", and then utilize "Get all teams from division" --> Regional Cup X when setting up the cup in the advanced rules. :) If I'm not mistaken, you can get inspiration from MRT90's Brazil file in this respect.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work for what I'm trying to do. I'm replicating the regional cups in Germany, and only want to draw teams from the 4th level on downwards. Let's say we're dealing with the Bavarian cup. I can assign all Bavarian clubs the other division "Bavarian Cup", but then I have no way of limiting that selection of clubs to level 4 and down. If I'm only assigning the other division to the clubs who are at level 4 or lower this year then I can't account for clubs that get promoted or relegated over the years.

If there'd be a way to use two conditions instead of just one I could do it, i.e. qualify all teams with "other division" set to the regional cup, and then out of the pool of qualified teams draw those who are in the divisions of level 4 and 5, or ignore those who play in certain higher divisions. However, I don't see a way to combine "get qualified teams for comp" and "get all teams from division", it's one or the other.

Any ideas on how this could be done? There's an option for "get lowest seeded qualified teams". Could I potentially seed the qualified teams in a way that limits it to the lower tiers? Or could I setup an extra preliminary stage, from which the lower level teams get a bye and the rest gets eliminated? I'm running out of ideas, but it seems like it should be possible somehow.

I've got an issue I'm hoping can be resolved with the advanced panel.

I'm trying to fix the issue with promotiing 3 teams from 7 regional divisions into one higher level division for the Welsh pyramid. North Wales has its own promotion set-up but south wales has a speicific format requring play offs across some of its leagues.

The South Wales Senior and South Wales Amateur leagues playoff for one promotion slot, the Gewnt league automatically prmotes one team and the west wales divisions (Swansea, Neath, Pemprokeshire and Carmarthenshire) play-off for the third and final promotion slot.

Does anyone know how to set this up?

I've got an issue I'm hoping can be resolved with the advanced panel.

I'm trying to fix the issue with promotiing 3 teams from 7 regional divisions into one higher level division for the Welsh pyramid. North Wales has its own promotion set-up but south wales has a speicific format requring play offs across some of its leagues.

The South Wales Senior and South Wales Amateur leagues playoff for one promotion slot, the Gewnt league automatically prmotes one team and the west wales divisions (Swansea, Neath, Pemprokeshire and Carmarthenshire) play-off for the third and final promotion slot.

Does anyone know how to set this up?

Yeah, that would be possible with the advanced panel. You can define individual promotion rules for each competition. It's not easy to use the advanced panel however, and it'll take a lot of tinkering, but what you're describing is doable. I've done a similar thing with the German Oberliga, where 12 leagues share 10 promotion spots, with 9 leagues having a direct promotion spot and the other 3 go through a playoff. It was a real pain getting this to work tho.

Just a quick question. I know that on last years editor, using the advanced panel, it was not possible to create continental competitions that selected teams based on UEFA Coefficients. I've had a look in this year's editor and can't seem to work it out, but does anyone know if it's possible to replicate that system this year?

I am looking at re-creating the Champions League, but want a dynamic number of league positions per nation rather than a fixed one (e.g. if Slovenia suddenly become the strongest league in Europe I want them to work their way up to 4 EC places).

Thanks.

Just a quick question. I know that on last years editor, using the advanced panel, it was not possible to create continental competitions that selected teams based on UEFA Coefficients. I've had a look in this year's editor and can't seem to work it out, but does anyone know if it's possible to replicate that system this year?

I am looking at re-creating the Champions League, but want a dynamic number of league positions per nation rather than a fixed one (e.g. if Slovenia suddenly become the strongest league in Europe I want them to work their way up to 4 EC places).

Thanks.

AFAIK the game already does this.

You can create continental competitions with the Advanced Rules because you can select Continent.

Yes, I have managed to create a continental competition fine. The problem I am having is getting it to select teams based on UEFA Coefficients rather than a fixed and static list system.

The reason for this being that due to the game now being able to process the development of nations (and decline) I want the possibility of European Cup places being withdrawn and added depending on their UEFA ranking.

I hope this is more clear.

I need some information about "Ranking Levels" funcion. how does it work?

The ranking levels are made for the game to see, what place you finished in a tournament. If it is not set, you might get fired even though you won it, as the game does not know, you finished 1st.

In e.g. a cup, you would give the winner of the final ranking level 0, loser of final would get 1, loser of semifinals gets 2 and so on.

I suggest you take a look at some already made tournaments to understand how to use it.

Thanks. I'll try. But where do I set Stadioum 0, 1, 2, etc.?

No. It's a new concept. The Scandinavian grass pitches are not really playable in the Winter, and there was no spectators, so they have decided to move the first round to La Manga. Maybe Russian and Ukrainian teams will participate too. Nothing is settled yet though. :)

Still no suggestions for this one? As it is possible to choose Stadium 1, 2, 3 etc., I guess there should be some way. Think about the World Cup too. It has some defined stadiums somewhere :)

Archived