FM11: The Official Manchester United Thread – Big club seeks rich, caring owner

CPS

ws just having a little play around with the demo during my lunch break at work. had an offer accepted for £12.5m for akinfeev (£5m up front and £7.5m over 48 months). Lukaku also had an offer accepted for £8.5m. Liking the looks of both of these deals so definitely going to get these 2 in.

Getting Lukaku will probably mean i sell Rooney. Ill try and bring in Neymar also and hopefully get both of these in for less than i can sell ronney for which will be good business long term.

You can get Lukaku for £6 M... I offered £0 down and £6 M over 48 months (non-negotiable, need a reply today).

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can Scholes actually finish a 90 minute football game this time with 8 stamina? Just needed to know because in previous FMs he can't at all...Obviously I've havent played the demo(the line is terrible), so hopefully you guys won't be annoyed if I asked too much

Downloaded the game and brought in:

Sebastian Frey (GK) - £8.25m

Diego Renan (DWBMR/L) - £6.5m

Jose Angel (DWBML) - £4.2m

Philippe Mexes (SW DC) - £4.6m

Rafael Toloi (DC) - £4.4m

Yann M'Vila (DM MC) - £7m

Stevan Defour (DM AMC) - £4.6m

Eden Hazard (AM LC) - £14.75m

Romelu Lukaku (ST) £5.5m

Total of £59.8m, all spread over 48 months, but it is the demo after all :)

So, so, so tempted to bring in Kasper Schmeichel, looks decent this year and he got a 3* potential report.

Just beat Chelsea (who brought in Neymar and Sissoko) 1-0 at Wembley lining up like this.

.................................. Frey .....................................

Renan ............. Vidic ............... Mexes ................ Evra

..................... Carrick ............. Fletcher ......................

Nani ............................................................... Hazard

.................... Berbatov .......... Hernandez ...................

Berbatov scored the winner. No-one will go anywhere near Rooney atm, so just letting him rot for the minute.

Props for the player screenshots, Fletchers mentals look super-duper!

As for Wayne Looney, peeps are saying he's a problem to sell? Anyone tried direct swapping him for a player of less value?

Well laid out presentation to the thread starter, cant wait for lunch-time for the demo then kick-off time!

seems selling Anderson is a huge no no as 4 players got angry and wanted to be transfer listed :eek:

still they can bugger off then even if they include Nani & Fletcher

haha tough managing there!

i have decided to keep rooney as there's no offer for that **** :( shall keep him on the bench behind Chicharito and BerbaSWAN! <3

its a shame as Nani had been amazing in pre-season but no man is bigger then the team, plus i have replacements for Fletcher & Nani already \o/

that's a lot of chop and change! i would love to give everyone a chance in the first season, the squad is looking great imo. But yeah, no player is bigger than United! not even Rooney >:[

Nanis been amazing for me...for all those who sold rooney aswell its floating around that he might now be staying.apparantly. If he stays will you still sell.. I didnt because he is class on the game

It's almost impossible to sell Rooney for a decent amount of money at the start of the game. Nobody wants a **** in their team i guess :(

Anyone had players comming to them saying they are unhappy about the lack of discipline in the squad?

I lost 0-1 at Emirates, and post match told the team I was dissapointed. Then 3 players came to me saying they were unhappy about the disciplin..

Any ideas what to do?

just asking, are you guys selling rooney for realism, casue you hate him for betraying us and being a whore or u dont need him in the team/his stats suck. just asking. cause i think he would still be useful in the squad.

just asking, are you guys selling rooney for realism, casue you hate him for betraying us and being a whore or u dont need him in the team/his stats suck. just asking. cause i think he would still be useful in the squad.

He will definitely be useful but he is a ****. It's a pity that no clubs want him though :(

Just gave owen his preferred number 10 jersey, park his number 7, and rooney ends up with a 13 :D:D:D

well i think it would be better to keep him judging by people's difficulty to get rid of him. the Berbarito partnership looks very good, they have good interplay and understanding between each other.

yeah i am keeping him! but berbarito's still my 1st choice strike pair! <3

becks what is owen's contract like? should i sell him or keep him so he can tutor chicharito? i do no tthink i will play him at all, with rooney, berba and chicha the main strikers with macfheda as backup.

he's on 50k pounds per week. To be honest i don't think owen will get a lot of games for me too but somehow i have a soft spot for him so i will keep him!

Just beat Chelsea on penalties after drawing 1-1, with Rodwell scoring a screamer! english ftw \o/

anyway i can't seem to screenshot properly in this version, anyone encountered the same problem?

For the people unsure as to what to do with Michael Owen, I kept him and used him very successfully as a super sub. He had around 15 sub appearances for me and scored about 10 goals, some of which were very important so he is definitely very handy back up.

haha. :D Let's not get this off topic guys, but those comments did make me laugh :D

fabio you were the one who started this...

hood i prefer to use chicharito as a supersub and let him play sometimes when i want to rest rooney or berbatov. still keeping owen though, so he can tutor the lads.

btw i personally think rooney will stay at united but legend? forget about it wayne.

fabio you were the one who started this...

hood i prefer to use chicharito as a supersub and let him play sometimes when i want to rest rooney or berbatov. still keeping owen though, so he can tutor the lads.

btw i personally think rooney will stay at united but legend? forget about it wayne.

I know I did. I wanted to.

I was never a hater, I wanted him to stay. Will be interesting to see fan reaction if he plays against Stoke.

Back on topic, 2 weeks til the game! Going to work my way through the demo slowly, and then just start a new one when the game arrives :)

anyone still wanna get rid of rooney? suddenly all the haters are sucking his **** again. it would take some time before he regains his 'status' again

Never hated him... just couldn't see him staying after he said his team-mates weren't good enough.

Why is it wrong for Man Utd fans to now back Rooney? He's one of our best players. We were angry towards him because of his disrespecting the club, not because we hate him. He's now apologised and signed a new contract - he's dedicated himself to United so it's stupid to say "oh look at everyone now changing their mind", of course that's going to happen idiots...

I'm happy, I think this saga will actually serve as a motivational event that will spark Rooney's return of form.

Love it how now the majority of you manc fans now love rooney again lmao how fickle some football fans are oh no the majority sorry.

typical man united fans.

Wrong thread bud, I implore you to post it in this thread though:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/213468-Manchester-United-2010-2011-We-want-our-trophy-back/page66

There will be many nice chaps wishing to have a reasoned, intelligent discourse with you no doubt.

Archived