FM11: The Official Manchester United Thread – Big club seeks rich, caring owner

CPS

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly, would feel great to be back on sigames forum again after 1 year.. been reading much in the past..

I just had my first games with MU as well. Nothing much i plan to tweak with the current squad beside thinking of selling some old folks .. gary i'm sorry to be honest you were the one chosen.

I'm looking for an AMC/MC to replace Paul Scholes over this year, with Michael Carrick and Fletcher is still not strengthen enough to covered the midfield. While in the past i been always looking for Matias Fernandez, to mentioned he been doing a fabulous job on FM 2009/2010 with his long shoot, assist superb ability but unfortunately to know him in real life, he has been dropped till playing from Villarreal to Sporting CP(*if i'm not mistaken)

Anyone has the state for Matias Fernandez on FM 2011 (Sorry that am in the Office right now without my Home PC available for me to check out his state)

Would appreciate a lot if anyone. I'm looking forward to have him back with my MU squad this season.

Perhaps, if you have a better suggestion do put on i be love to sharing this again!

Btw, Devutrix your negotiate skill is awesome!! i'll begin with getting Matias Fernandez into my team with your idea. I'll update you back and hopefulyl proven what you been suggested!

Thanks everyone. looking forward for your reply and passion!

Firstly, would feel great to be back on sigames forum again after 1 year.. been reading much in the past..

I just had my first games with MU as well. Nothing much i plan to tweak with the current squad beside thinking of selling some old folks .. gary i'm sorry to be honest you were the one chosen.

I'm looking for an AMC/MC to replace Paul Scholes over this year, with Michael Carrick and Fletcher is still not strengthen enough to covered the midfield. While in the past i been always looking for Matias Fernandez, to mentioned he been doing a fabulous job on FM 2009/2010 with his long shoot, assist superb ability but unfortunately to know him in real life, he has been dropped till playing from Villarreal to Sporting CP(*if i'm not mistaken)

Anyone has the state for Matias Fernandez on FM 2011 (Sorry that am in the Office right now without my Home PC available for me to check out his state)

Would appreciate a lot if anyone. I'm looking forward to have him back with my MU squad this season.

Perhaps, if you have a better suggestion do put on i be love to sharing this again!

Btw, Devutrix your negotiate skill is awesome!! i'll begin with getting Matias Fernandez into my team with your idea. I'll update you back and hopefulyl proven what you been suggested!

Thanks everyone. looking forward for your reply and passion!

Just took a look at Matias Fernandez. He's not very good on my game. I'd keep looking if I were you.

Despite getting Paulo Henrique and Sissoko I'm going to keep playing scholes because he's a creative genius in midfield.

How do you get a screen shot of in-game now? I pressed my Print Screen button but it just took a picture of my background on my desktop.

Press Alt + F9

Screenie will be in My Docs\SI\FM 11\Screenshots

Prt Sc only works in windowed mode. Sometimes.

Just took a look at Matias Fernandez. He's not very good on my game. I'd keep looking if I were you.

Despite getting Paulo Henrique and Sissoko I'm going to keep playing scholes because he's a creative genius in midfield.

Thanks, Devutrix.

Is sad to know he doesn't make well on this FM season.

No doubts, Scholes were still capable of delivering his creative as midfielder but looking long term i always prefer on getting someone to stand by for his position and long term replacement as well.

I've gone through several posts earlier, it seem all agreed with the Moussa Sissoko (*instead of Mohamed) with promising state at early games. But still looking for alternative, to be honest i don't think he will fit into my team where looking the similar contribution like Matias whom can satisfied me.

I'm searching across the forum now.. i need to dig out some info for Alexis Sanchez, he may fit my appetite lol~ i just fall in love with Chilean football player. XD

getting ready to start my 1st pre season game and decided on bringing in only a few players:

Alex Smithies for £750k

Fabio Coentrao for £8.5m

Alex coeff for £1.5m

Romelo Lukaku for £6.5m

Paulo Henrique for £15m

as mentioned earlier i loaned out kuszczak, o'shea, gibson, park, bebe, macheda and amos with some of these for decent loan fees. i still have £17m transfer budget left as the deals for coentrao, lukaku and henrique were paid for using 50% up front and the other 50% over 48 months. Thinking of bringing in Lloris. i know he is expensive but i think if i get him now then i will have a squad there that should last me for a good few years without spending big money.

1st team squad in the 1st season would be:

GK: lloris / vds / smithies

DR: rafael / brown

DL: evra / fabio

DC: rio / vidic / evans / smalling

MC: fletcher / carrick / scholes / anderson / hargreaves / henrique / coeff

AMR: nani / valencia / obertan

AML: coenreao / giggs

ST: rooney / berbatov / chicharito / owen / lukaku

Worth throwing this out again I think. If anyone has a record that they think is worthy of a mention which hasn't already been said let me know.

FM11 Man Utd Records

I've been asked to resurrect this idea for this years thread so take a look at the categories below, get cracking with the game and post your screenshots of your records and you may well get your name up in lights here.

Team Records

Biggest Premier League win - United 10-0 Blackpool = ozzay

Biggest win in a domestic Cup game

Biggest win in European Competition - United 7-1 AS Roma = Hood Legend

Most goals scored in one league season -

Most points in one season -

Most games won in a row -

Most games without defeat -

Fastest goal scored - 9 seconds - Eden Hazard vs. West Ham = Tony Hawker

Biggest goal difference at end of season -

Player Records

Most goals scored in one game - Rooney 5 Goals vs. Spartak Moscow = Hetfield

Most goals scored in one season -

Most assists in one season -

Most MotM awards in one season -

Youngest league goalscorer -

Highest average rating over one season -

Transfers

Most spent on one player -

Most received for one player -

Here's another additional little challenge for those looking to play a long term game. Below are the 20 highest goalscorers in United's history (as of 5th November 2010) – see how many newgens from your academy you can manage to break into the hall of fame:

1. Bobby Charlton (1954-73) 249 goals, 199 league goals

2. Denis Law (1962-73) 237 goals, 171 league goals

3. Jack Rowley (1937-54) 211 goals, 182 league goals

4= Dennis Viollet (1950-62) 179 goals, 159 league goals

4= George Best (1963-74) 179 goals, 137 league goals

6. Joe Spence (1919-33) 168 goals, 158 league goals

7. Mark Hughes (1980-86 & 1988-95) 163 goals, 120 league goals

8. Ryan Giggs (1990- ?) 157 goals, 109 league goals

9= Ruud van Nistelrooy (2001-05) 150 goals, 95 league goals

9= Paul Scholes (1994- ?) 150 goals, 102 league go

11. Stan Pearson (1936-54) 148 goals, 127 league goals

12. David Herd (1961-68) 145 goals, 114 league goals

13. Wayne Rooney (2004- ?) 132 goals, 92 league goals

14. Tommy Taylor (1953-58) 131 goals, 112 league goals

15. Brian McClair (1987-98) 127 goals, 88 league goals

16. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (1996-07) 126 goals, 91 league goals

17. Andy Cole (1995-01) 121 goals, 93 league goals

18. Cristiano Ronaldo (2003-09) 118 goals, 84 league goals

19. Sandy Turnbull (1906-15) 101 goals, 90 league goals

20. George Wall (1906-19) 100 goals, 89 league goals

cheers mate!

well done ozzay that is a cracking result for the premier league.i can see that being very hard to be beaten

cheers mate bit of luck tbh, as i said b4 nd if u look at my screenshot, was lucky to have all my shots on goal turn into goals, nd half my total shots be goals, none the less t'was a good result and im now sittting 1st by 5 after 13 without having lost

bit of a dilema, don't know who to choose to buy between pastore, hazard, jovetic, poli, pjanic sahin or paulo enrqique as a long term scholes replacement any thoughts would be appreciated guys

Nuri Sahin is the most like for like Scholes replacement from that list.

I'm looking for a goalscoring central midfielder. Who's best out of Hamsik, Pastore, Paulo Henrique at scoring goals? I like Hazard but his 8 for finishing has put me off.

anyone got berbatov scoring? Rooney is 9 goals in 9 starts Chicharito is 7 goals in 7 games and Macheda is 4 goals in 3 games. Berba has no assists and 1 goal in 6 games. The Press are questioning why I'm playing him.

Best roles for Berba are deep lying forward or target man with supply to feet I reckon. Best to play a full season before you judge your players, strikers go through peaks and troughs.

So, the ones of you that have the full game and started the 'real' save...who have you bought and how much did you spend?

Me:

Rodwell - £13.5m

P. Henrique - £17m

Neymar - £22m

Otoo - £1.3m

Pjanic - £12m

Total - £65.8m

All over 48 months except Otoo who I couldn't believe had a similar offer accepted so I matched it upfront. £65.8m over 4 years shouldn't bother me, plus selling youth players each season will help. I know my signings are a bit obvious (we all know them) but this sets me up for years without needing to spend, except a keeper in the summer but I wont break the bank fo one.

Pjanic hasn't been mentioned in this thread which I'm suprised. He has been around for years as most of you will know but his CA seems to have gone down over the last few FM's although he still has the PA so he can be a quaility player.

A true rough diamond, a true UTD signing. Really looking forward to this years game and will keep you all posted however I do but I'm hoping to beat one or two of those records :)

Pjanic - £12m

All over 48 months except Otoo who I couldn't believe had a similar offer accepted so I matched it upfront. £65.8m over 4 years shouldn't bother me, plus selling youth players each season will help. I know my signings are a bit obvious (we all know them) but this sets me up for years without needing to spend, except a keeper in the summer but I wont break the bank fo one.

Pjanic hasn't been mentioned in this thread which I'm suprised. He has been around for years as most of you will know but his CA seems to have gone down over the last few FM's although he still has the PA so he can be a quaility player.

A true rough diamond, a true UTD signing. Really looking forward to this years game and will keep you all posted however I do but I'm hoping to beat one or two of those records :)

Pjanic is an superb player in FM and that's a great price. I'd say he's a far more natural heir to Scholes' place in the team than Hamsik. Best midfielder I used in FM10 was Pjanic.

Pjanic is an superb player in FM and that's a great price. I'd say he's a far more natural heir to Scholes' place in the team than Hamsik. Best midfielder I used in FM10 was Pjanic.

Thanks CPS :)

Although my plan is for Henrique to take over from Scholes and Pjanic to become my number 7. Long term I see him as a 'Gourcuff' type right midfielder/play maker. Henrique will do his team work duties and attack for himself, but Pjanic will be more of a creative player with few forward runs but high creativity. I play 4-4-2 wich is quite basic/common but I like to add my own little twist to it :)

Time to win our title back.

I've been looking for the positions i feel we need to strenghten. Goalie, rotation left back (even Evra can't play every week) and an attack mid to play behind Rooney or with Fletch.

Coentrao - £5.25m

Thorgan Hazard - £2.8m

Lukaku - Loan fee £775k fee £4.8m

Henrique - £16m

Eden Hazard - £17m

I haven't been able to sell any players yet, gibson got upset when i offered him to clubs, whcih then made other players annoyed with me. Also tried to sell O'shea, Park and Owen. but nobody wants them.

Has anyone signed Pastore yet? i looked into buying him, but my scout said he would cost me £31m, and as i didn't want to spend all my budget on one player i had to back out. Then I couldn't decide whether to buy Henrique or Hazard. Just after i tied up the deal for Henrique, Nani did his cruitiate and will be out for 7 - 8 months. As i don't believe Giggsy can perform for 38 games plus europe, i forked out the rest of my budget on Hazard.

It proved justified as he made 2 assists on his debut playing from the left.

I lost the Shield 1-0 rooney missed a penalty.

Next match he made up for it, scoreing a hat-trick in a 4-1 win at Wbrom.

I finished scouting portugal in my demo, Quite keen on hulk. £4m value can prob pick him up for bout £8m? some pretty impressive stats, and young enough to improve, notably his free kick taking, which was 1 thing i noted about united, they barely got any decent free kick takers? giggs is probably the best but you can barely keep him on the pitch for a whole game. Was looking at sneijder as replacement for scholes but pretty costly, prob gona be looking at £30m to prize him away from inter. Some better prospec ts would perhaps be neymar, (chelsea are interested in him and got them in my demo for £17m so gota get in there quick) and maybe paolo henrique for a cheaper option, at 20 looks a good prospect.

Im not sure if this is the best place to post, im only putting it here as im a united fan, but in both of my demos, 1 as united and 1 as exeter, no matter what i did my players would be blasting the ball at goal from miles away, even with long shot set on rarely, playing through balls as often, nothing seemed to change, was this just something from the demo they needed to improve on or is it my tactics? it was so frustrating to play a through ball, split the defence and have my player 1 on 1 with the keeper to see them blast it from 25yards and it go flying over? any tips?

i told the board to negotiate on my behalf and got a scholes replacement right out of the box in sneijder in the jan market for 59 million.. got afellay ibrahim for 6million to replace park, gibson and carrick since he can play throughout the midfield.. defour for 12million and milan badelj for 1.3million.. gonna save up for bale or another left back coz evra is getting old at 30 so his physical stats will start to nose dive and fabio just isnt ready in my opinion since he keeps getting sillly cards and getting dragged out of position during matches..

oh, once u readjust the wage budget and have enough money, u can get neymar too.. i got him for 17million... all these transfer are 1/4 payments and 3/4 over 24-48mths, in case anyone wonder how is it possible for me to get so many players into Old Trafford.. and i used the editor provided by the game to extend rooney's contract, by-passing his piece of crap agent in the process, saving some money for myself.. and i retrained owen hargreaves as a right back to solve the problem temporary...

Has anyone got Alexis Sanchez on the full game yet? Having a bit of a struggle to agree reasonable deals for him and Alphonse Aréola...

I bought alexis sanchez for 7 million pound in the jan market after 1/2 a season of open poaching through the press resulting in him falling out with his manager..

======================================================================================================================

no screenshots available, but rooney is a monster, scoring 40 goals in total in all competition after my 1st season...

2nd behind him was nani, with 18 goals and berbatov at 12 goals.. neymar scored a respectable 11 goals from AML (where i played him most of the time since i thought of him more as a giggs replacement than as a striker)

thanks to rooney, i won the EPL ( a miracle in itself ), the fa cup and champions league... (had to play ultra defensive and ultra counter-attacking football in the later stages against the big teams coz of defensive problems... )

i'm thinking of lining up either ryan shawcross or Holger Badstuber (bayern) for the centerback position... Badstuber is available for 4million after a prolong season of courting in the public which was only hindered by his agent's hatred of me preventing me from tabling any contract offer to him.. in the end his agent relented and i got him for 4million... u might wonder why i am buying 2 centerbacks when there are smalling and evans. the truth is i played 3/4 of my season without vidic becoz he was alienated by me fining him for poor match performance then after which i strip him off his capataincy due to his low influence causing me matches early on.. i got back to back defeats to arsenal, chelsea (league cup), chelsea, and a 4-4 draw against newcastle.. vidic was guilty in all 4 matches and i basically snapped after that because the 1st 3 matches he was terrible but the 4-4 draw he was diabolical.. ended up putting him in the reserve and refusing to give him any match practice and training.. i'm going to let his contact run down for the remaining 5 years and he will not get a single match in the reds for the 1st team or reserve.. chelsea and city came in with 18 million bids but iim still waiting for vidic to beg in the public.. so far no one on the team has complained to me about my ill-treatment of vidic.. (luckily) !!

facup.jpg

biggest domestic cup

Blackpool don't have much luck against you do they ozzay. How much did you pay for wilshere

i see wilshere there.. NICE!! how much did u get him for?

they really don't haha

he's on loan, i have an option to buy of 39mil, but i don't see me using it

lol.. just saw this reply....!!

Does nobody see Anderson as Scholes replacement??

In previous games I have seen anderson as a replacement for scholes and used anderson to great effect however he's been significantly nerfed and I cant personally see him being as good. I might get rid of him in the summer window along with Carrick who has been seriously poor.

having no joy getting lloris and having bids of £36m rejected. has anyone tried neuer (i can get for about £20m) or akinfeev (£16m). if so who is the better choice. im swaying towards neuer

Akinfeev's potential has been toned down quite a lot though..If you can get 20m for Neuer then I suggest you go for it...btw have you tried Adler?

having no joy getting lloris and having bids of £36m rejected. has anyone tried neuer (i can get for about £20m) or akinfeev (£16m). if so who is the better choice. im swaying towards neuer

If I had to choose between Akinfeev and Neuer then Neuer would be my choice however his concentration and composure arent very good. Have you had a look at Adler? he looks like he might be the cash friendly replacement for VDS.

Berbatov was amazing in the demo scoring 20 goals in 16 games and now he has got 3 in 11 games. Real Madrid just bid £25 million for him, so offloaded him

I've had the same trouble. He cant hit a barn door from 3 yards for me let alone score! He did make a big impact against valencia setting up 2 late goals but If I get a bid like 25m i think i'll let him go.

Does nobody see Anderson as Scholes replacement??

I do see Anderson as Scholes' replacement. I will use Scholes as my first choice MCa in the first season and Anderson as a back-up for him. In the second season Anderson will be the first choice and someone else will be rotation or back-up for him. I won'r extend Scholes' contract, so he will not be in team after the first season.

Archived