FM11: The Official Manchester United Thread – Big club seeks rich, caring owner

CPS

End of august, you said he left because he lacked first team football but by end of August there would only be 3 EPL matches unless friendly is included..

i've found on the game a lot of young players are offered out if they are not first team from the start. Balotelli is another in second season, 9 million to buy him @ end of transfer window. I declined this however cos' i had no money

i've also just signed De Gea for 10million, second season. Fair to say my GK is tied up for a good 13 years (pending im still there of course!)

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 million only for De Gea in the 2nd season? Any clauses? My favourite GK is still Lloris though but if he cost me more than 35 million in the 2nd season I think I'll pass

Nope, 10million up front, no clauses.

You have however once doing a once over on him made me notice a major flaw in his contract which i may have overlooked in the desperation for him.....he has a minimum release of 7.5 million!!

New contract me thinks with a ridic wage hike no doubt

To show the true extent of the financial difficulties I thought I would show you guys my summer transfer business at the start of season 2

Players in:

Ibrahim Affelay - free

Luis Suarez - 5.75m

Ever Banega - 5.75m

Luca Amelotti - 1.6m

Total - 13m

Players out:

Owen, Fornasier, Massacci, Johnstone, Thorpe, Devlin, Evans, Drinkwater, Stewart, McCullough, Hendrie, Ekangamene, Blackett, Coll, Lawrence, Hussain, Brady & Jacob - all on frees.

Anderson - 8.75m to Schalke

Mame Biram Diouf - 4.2m to Atletico Madrid

Antonio Valencia - 5m to AC Milan

Ryan Tunnicliffe - 400k to Bolton

Joshua King - 1.3m to Werder Bremen

Ritchie De Laet - 1m to Getafe

Tom Cleverley - 2.9 to Aston Villa

Davide Petrucci - 575k to Lazio

Owen Hargreaves - 3.4m to Atletico Madrid

John Cofie - 250k to Lecce

Paul Pogba - 375k to Cagliari

Tomasz Kuszczak - 2.5m to AC Milan

Gyliano Van Velzen - 350k to Birmingham

Total - £31.5m

Anybody had problems with player who felt that they are being hounded out of the club?

Long story short.

Barcelona offered 20million for Evra. At the corner of the screen, his agent indicated that his client wants to discuss terms with Barcelona. Thinking that it's good $$ and Fabio is doing well for me, i accepted it.

Here comes the horror drama, terms offered by Barcelona is not up to his standard which he rejected.

He roundhouse kick me and says i'm ushering him out of the club and is unhappy that he is being alienated and ran whining to the media. What the hell man.

Is there any way i can pacify him? He refused to have a private chat with me.:(

Is anyone else finding it impossible to sell o'shea and gibson?

I want to keep O'shea but yeah stuck with Gibson.

Well having a great time at the minute, Hargreaves has decided that because I didn't play him as soon as he was fit he wants to leave, which he now has for £3.7m...wish I had renewed his contract at the start of the season. And Nani feels he has acheived all he can at this club despite being a first team regular and playing really well, so he will be gone this month too (January), just couldn't persuade him to stay.

Great, can't wait for the title run in :(

It is hard to sell player in the first season. Firstly teams have complete squads pretty much at the begining of the game. Secondly they don't have much money as they already spent it. Thirdly there are lots of loan to sign transfers in the first season just like IRL because of lack of the money. There were a lot of such transfers IRL this summer, so it is reflected in the game. In the second season things are back to normal.

I put Gibson on the transfer list. Everton were interested, so I offered him straight swap for Jack Rodwell and they accepted. This happened in demo and full game. Best. Deal. Ever.

:o. amazing deal tbh :D

I put Gibson on the transfer list. Everton were interested, so I offered him straight swap for Jack Rodwell and they accepted. This happened in demo and full game. Best. Deal. Ever.

You waited one and a half years before posting, to tell us we could of saved alot of money by swapping the two players! Speed the posts up abit next time cos that could of made a huge difference to me and alot of the other guys. ;)

It is hard to sell player in the first season. Firstly teams have complete squads pretty much at the begining of the game. Secondly they don't have much money as they already spent it. Thirdly there are lots of loan to sign transfers in the first season just like IRL because of lack of the money. There were a lot of such transfers IRL this summer, so it is reflected in the game. In the second season things are back to normal.

Miles...? ...Is that you? :p

You waited one and a half years before posting, to tell us we could of saved alot of money by swapping the two players! Speed the posts up abit next time cos that could of made a huge difference to me and alot of the other guys. ;)

Fabio MVP no's everything about Football Manager :D

Sorry, I usually just look at the boards for info... didn't have anything worth sharing til now. Also, wait for De Gea to sign a new contract. He'll have a release clause and it should be low. Just snapped him up for 7.5 mil GBP

Sorry, I usually just look at the boards for info... didn't have anything worth sharing til now. Also, wait for De Gea to sign a new contract. He'll have a release clause and it should be low. Just snapped him up for 7.5 mil GBP

Oh I was only joking, don't worry about it. Most people on here can't wait to reply and don't have anything good to offer (Meaning this site not this thread:))

but I guess you've seen that by now.

Decided to give up and go windowed.

It's 28th December at the moment in my game, first season.

Here are my Transfers so far:

32849043.png

League Table:

45934900.png

Before December I was undefeated in the league, but suffered a 3-1 defeat to Liverpool at Anfield and a 1-0 loss at Fulham.

My best results have been a 5-0 home win against City, and a 4-0 home win against Arsenal.

Berbatov's my top scorer at the moment with 16 goals in 25 appearances. He has 14 in 20 league appearances and is Top Goalscorer at the moment.

Rooney is on 12 goals in 23. 9 goals in 19 league appearances.

Had a CL match vs Madrid so was perfect for tactic experiments. I was lame and restarted a lot, using all tactics I could find on this forum, without much luck. Used tactic creator, went on holiday for game and won 4-1.. next game vs Chelsea, hope it performs same there.

Was looking for a right back as Neville is about 50 years old and Rafael is still developing. I was really impressed with Isla for Chile in the World Cup and his attacking runs would suit United, plus he can play various positions. I put in a few bids, up to about £11m but Udinese were having none of it so I was resigned to using We Brown. I few weeks later they offered him to me for £4.1m - he chose United over the likes of Bayern Munich and Stuttgart. Woohoo!!

I was also offered Bassong (who actually looks quite good) and Nkoulou, but I don't really need them and have no money left anyway.

Just signed my Paul Scholes replacement... a kid called Lucas from Sao Paulo. I've personally never heard of him. I don't know if he is well known on the forums or not, because I never check the 'good youngsters' or PA guides.

2hochop.png

He had a minimum release clause of £3.6m and also happens to have the 'da Silva' surname like Fabio and Rafael.

Right Foot - Very Strong

Left Foot - Reasonable

He can play anywhere in midfield or as a striker, but is a natural AM C.

PPMS:

Avoids using weaker foot

Likes to switch ball to other flank (just like Scholes!)

Runs with ball often

Personality - 'Balanced' and Media style - 'Level headed' so shouldn't cause too much unrest and controversy.

Hi everyone, great thread! I'm loving playing as United on my first save! I think the game is a major improvement on FM10.

Thought I would come on here and have a look at what others are doing and I'm amazed by the amouints of money being spent! My balance is dropping about £10m per month despite adding a new 'financial benefit feeder' club and making relativaly few signings.

I'm now at Jan 1st and I'm second in the league, 2 points behind Arsenal and there are 5 teams all within 4 points of the top of the league. City are in the relegation zone, which is quite funny. There's been some memorable games so far, 6-0 wins against Birm City and Wigan, 4-1s against Liverpool, Ajax, Spartak Moscow and a couple of others, 3-0 win and a league double over City, coming back from 2 down to draw 2-2 at Spurs and Chelsea and a 5-3 at Sunderland. I've scored more than 15 goals more than anyone else in the league. Star performers have been Fletcher, Rafael, Hernandez and Rooney. I've got Berb Hernandez and Rooney all on 11+ goals. Giggs and Scholes are only playing the odd game and Nev is in the Reserves.

Not all plain sailing, I was knocked out of the League Cup by Sheff U in the last 32, playing nearly all my reserves. Also, I only my perfect home form got me through the CL group having drawn 2 and lost 1 away game - clearly need to work on my away tactics for Europe. I've got Rooney suspended for the first leg of the knockouts and I've drawn Real Madrid. Also had 6 draws in the league but I've had most of my toughest away games. Lost 2-0 at home to Arsenal in my only league defeat.

Signings wise I've spent very little, bought in 4 young players, mainly from other PL sides except 1 spanish cb. The best deal I've done was for an 18 year old left winger from Brazil called Zezinho who I'm bedding in slowly as giggs' replacement. Scouts and coaches all rate him 3.5-4* potential. He's scored 3 and made 4 assists in 10 appearances, the only problem is the game won't allow me to have Giggs tutor him. Also Spurs were trying to offload Jenas and I got him for free - he's been very good back up actually. Have agreed to sell Obertan for just under £5m in Jan to Marseille and will try to offload Gibson too. VDS is signed for another year as player/GK coach so I will offload Tommy K and decide on a new number 1 soon and I'll try for Afellay on a bosman now it's Jan. I'll probably go for Rodwell and I'll try to do that swap deal with Gibson that is mentioned above! Then I'll probably try to offload quite a few reserves in the summer, must keep that wage bill down!

Haha. :D Well, I doubt he would come in this thread and explain it to people, so I thought I come in and do that. : D

Fabio MVP no's everything about Football Manager :D

Haha, cheers mate! : D

I know nothin about FM11 though from my own experience. : ( Am yet to play it. Waiting for that hot fix!

I have a CL quarters-finals next match away to Barcelona. I'll play 4-1-4-1 , i have Nani injured and Modric ineligible so I was thinking of puting Rooney on left wing and probably Berbatov as a lone striker but I'm not sure how to play him. I wouldn't want him to be isolated upfront so any suggestions?..should I play him as target man or deep lying fwd?

I have a CL quarters-finals next match away to Barcelona. I'll play 4-1-4-1 , i have Nani injured and Modric ineligible so I was thinking of puting Rooney on left wing and probably Berbatov as a lone striker but I'm not sure how to play him. I wouldn't want him to be isolated upfront so any suggestions?..should I play him as target man or deep lying fwd?

Always play lone striker as a Deep-Lying Forward (Support).

When I was playing last night I'm in my first season using the latest patch, Cristiano Ronaldo is unhappy at Real Madrid and I got offered him for £35m...I disabled first budget transfers and when I finally got a budget I was only given £26m so I couldn't afford him....he's now moving to Chelsea for £35m in the January transfer windows...damn!.

Near the end of my first season now, 4-5 games to go and I'm in the CL semi-final against Arsenal. Chelsea and Real Madrid (who I shared a group with) are contesting the other.

Top of the League by 3 points and I should have no problems bringing it home. Got a couple of signings lined up already as well, Andriy Shevchenko coming in on a free and a low 16k/week wages. Pretty much because I'm letting Owen go and Sheva makes a good tutor and half decent backup if I ever need it. Got Thiago (Barcelona) to agree a deal as well and he's on his way free of charge. Good little midfielder that can improve a lot, will be shipping out a few players so it's a decent signing.

First season update: started the season very poorly the board where on my back played 10 won 3 lost 3 drawn 4 but tweaked my formation a little bit and went on an amazing run, won the league with 2 games to spare, won the carling cup lost the FA cup final to west ham (squad was decimated by injuries) and lost the semi-final of the Champions league to Lyon 5-4, lost the first leg away 5-3 after a shocker from EVS. All in all a very successful season. i couldn’t believe it but in January Bale and Ramos were on the transfer list after falling out with their managers so i signed them up for 6.5m - Bale with 49kpw and Ramos 8.5m 69kpw. I also don’t like giving members of my squad over 50kperweek and managed to achieve getting my salary to under 1mil per week at the end of the season thanks to a major overhaul. The dream is to get to 2017 when the loan repayments finish and to be spending under 500kper week on wages.

At the end of the first season the same appeared to happen with Hamsik as did with Bale and Ramos, he was on the transfer list unhappy with his manager so i signed him up for 9mil also struggled to get a decent keeper so went for Akinfeev at 14mil, 39kpw. I dislike Phelen and his 15k a week so was delighted when he was appointed Birmingham manager and i got 900k in return. I signed Ricardo Moniz as my ass man as he has the attributes i require (determination, discipline, judging potential ability & current ability plus tactical and man management all 15+) on3kpw.

I had a major clearance at the end of season 1 getting rid of high earners such as Hargreaves (7mil), Scholes (end of contract), Ferdinand (4.5mil), Giggs (end of contract), Berbatov(6mil), Carrick (5mil) I was planning on releasing VDS butwas shocked when he had a clause in his contract that as a result of playing so many games extended it by another year at 50k per week so i had to pay him off once i had Akinfeev with a mutual agreement. Also Evra was unhappy and i had to sell him so I’m training Rafael to be a left back like his brother who is his back up but not got the same potential star ability.

My squad looks like this start of season 2:

Akinfeev

Ramos Evans Vidic Rafael

Nani Fletcher Hamsik Bale

Rooney Charichito

With plenty of youth coming up including a few signing like Ganso (Henrique), Lukaluku, Wickinham i try to look to youth outside my starting 11 wherever possible, managed to sell Bebe for 7.5mil i sell anyone who has less than a 1 star rating after a season also players on more than 15k who are not in my substitute plans get sold.

The loan repayments are crippling averaging 12m a month loss over the year means you need to have constant success to keep the money coming in although my ground capacity got extended by 16thousand seats which should help along with lowering of the wage structure and by requesting commercial feeder clubs.

I'm in January in the 2nd season now and things are going crazy around here. After my fallout with Berbatov he was shipped off to Barca for just 4.4mil, Carrick has now said he intends to leave on a bosman aswell.

I've managed to bring in Darijo Srna on a free transfer and have agreed deals for Marten Stekelenburg, David Ospina, Sirigu and Song Heun-Min to come on frees in the summer (I realise thats a lot of goalkeepers but I plan to sell a couple on for a profit to help with the clubs debts. I also could of had Johnathan Biabiany on a free aswell but he chose to go to City instead.

My team has been plagued with injuries, especially to my strikers with Rooney, Suarez and Lukaku all out for the long term leaving me with just Macheda who is doing quite well and Hernandez and Welbeck who cannot score at all. Nani is also sidelined for a while and Ever Banega is homesick so its no surprise that we managed to lose in the CWC final and fail to beat Stoke, Newcastle and West Brom in the last 3 league games.

Archived